The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

A Tale of Two Bookies Mm11

A Tale of Two Bookies Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

A Tale of Two Bookies Mm11

A Tale of Two Bookies Regist10

A Tale of Two Bookies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Tale of Two Bookies Empty A Tale of Two Bookies

Post by Autumn 24.11.10 1:45

https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find.Madeleine.Campaign?ref=sgm

Looks like Kate and Gerry are doing their utmost to discredit Mr Amaral on their Facebook Site. They have put up a link to a nasty little blog put together by Vee8 and ModNodder entitled 'Goncalo Amaral, Fact of the Fiction' .

A Tale of Two Bookies

When Kate and Gerry publicly announced their intention to publish a book about Madeleine’s abduction I have to admit my first reaction was to softly groan inside. Yes, I understood their motives; to put their side of the story, and to replenish the now dwindling search funds. But I knew also they were handing over a stick with which to beat themselves to their critics, known in our part of cyber-space as the anti-Madeleines. I could clearly envisage all the cries of ‘Exploitation!’ ‘They’re only interested in money!’ They’re just using her to pay of the mortgage!’ ‘Publicity seekers!’ And of course, ‘What a scam!’ It pained me greatly just to imagine it, and sure enough I was right. On the blogs and forums dedicated to persecuting and vilifying the parents of an abducted child the hatred and denigration soon reached the expected crescendo. But why was this? They are not the only people to write a book about Madeleine are they? Indeed, as we know, the first PJ senior officer in charge of the investigation, Goncalo Amaral, the man these critics of the McCanns hail as the ‘Brilliant detective’ also wrote a book, and somewhat ironically called it ‘The truth of the lie.’ Has HE received the same condemnation for cashing in on Madeleine’s disappearance? No! Far from it, in fact. Instead he has been lauded and praised, for daring to speak out, to bring us the ‘Truth’ as he sees it. All I see is sheer, naked hypocrisy. Let me explain.

Whenever a book is published the author receives payments from the profits made from the sales, called Royalties. All authors receive these payments, indeed it is how many writers make a living, and there is nothing wrong with that. But let us compare what the two books authors state were their intentions for their profits, and how they subsequently used them. We have reason to believe that Amaral stated that a portion, (I think I remember reading the figure of 10%) of his profits will go to children’s charities. A noble gesture, if true. The McCanns, on the other hand, make it very clear that ALL the profits from THEIR book will go to the fund that is financing the search for their missing daughter. Now obviously the McCann’s book is not yet on sale, so for the purposes of this comparison we will use the future repository for their royalties, the fund, as it currently exists, since it is that which is continually labelled a ‘Scam’ by the anti-Madeleines.

‘The truth of the Lie’ by Amaral, has sold several million copies to date, netting him somewhere in the region of 1.2 million euros in royalties. The McCann’s search fund, at one point, topped over two million pounds. Since then the McCanns have been completely open and transparent with the funds, publishing a full annual account in the press for the scrutiny of the public. Amaral, however, has yet, as far as I know, to do the same. If he did promise to make a payment to children’s charities it has, so far, yet to be made good. So what HAS Amaral done with all his profits? At this point I think it time to point out that one of the more common accusations levelled at the McCanns is that they are publicity seekers. Please bear that in mind for the moment, as we return to Amaral. I wish to show you two pictures of this individual, one from before he wrote his book, and one after. Let us look at the first.

Note the jeans, the bulging shirt opened to reveal a gold chain, the ill-fitting jacket, rather unkempt hair and untrimmed moustache. To be fair he may not have realised he was being photographed at that particular time, but let’s face it, he is exuding a slovenly, scruffy and unkempt look. Still on a standard PJ wage, he is yet to capitalise on his experience with Madeleine and her parents. Now lets look at another, more recent picture, post authoring his version of the events of 3rd May, 2007.

An altogether different appearance, don’t you think? A very smart, expensive and tailored suit, with matching hat. Gone is the shabby shirt, to be replaced with collar and tie. Clean shaven, and the moustache removed. Every inch the suave, sophisticated man about town. In short, the appearance of a wealthy man. And where did this new found wealth Amaral is so clearly and deliberately flaunting come from? The profits from his book, that’s where. In addition, we know he spent money on a brand new car, a top of the line Jaguar. For his birthday he held a large and elaborate birthday party, with many guests, lavishing them with what some called a spectacular fireworks display. Oh yes, and he had his ear pierced with a diamond stud! All paid for by Madeleine.

And the McCanns? Have THEY sought to change THEIR social status, or make good from Madeleine’s abduction? Well, if they have bought a new car I am not aware of it. If they have it is likely to be nothing more than an ordinary family saloon, paid out of their own wages, not a flash sporty job like Amaral splashed out on. They are not seen in expensive designer clothes, or dripping with tacky jewellery. No elaborate, firework illuminated birthday bashes for them. No round the world cruises, nor buying second homes on the continent. And yet it is THEY, according to some, who are only interested in cold hard cash, only interested in getting their faces in the press, only wanting to capitalise on their daughters disappearance. I say look again at the second picture. Who is it who is REALLY seeking the fame, adoring the limelight? Who is it who is REALLY exploiting Madeleine for their own interest?

Whenever the McCanns appeared in public it was solely for one purpose, to beg the public for information. Only in the most recent press appearances, promoting the petition and the book release, has money ever been directly mentioned. The truth is plain to see for those with eyes not blinkered with hate. For Kate and Gerry it was NEVER about the cash, NEVER about the fame. It has ALWAYS been about Madeleine. If there is still any doubt about the differences between the two authors, please look one last time at the expensive, tailored suit in the second photograph above.
Posted by Vee8 at 11:10 Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to FacebookShare to Google Buzz

ETA - The McCanns' comment on feedback to the above article:-

t's too easy to tread on down trodden people. It's pack mentality. Even the Britsh Govt has turned it's back. They lead the pack and fuel the antis. I am ashamed to be British.

Kate and Gerry will be vindicated and the evil bstards hell bent on disrupting the search for Madeleine for their own sick reasons will get their just desserts.

I wish more people would stand up and be counted. It would make all the difference. I wouldn't wish the tragedy and misery of losing a child on my worst enemy.

For those reading this and wondering what you can do, do one thing, sign the petition to the. British Govt. Www.findmadeleine. Com
2 hours ago · 2 people ·

(the above comment was posted by Official Find Madeleine Campaign username which the McCanns post under.)
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

A Tale of Two Bookies Empty Re: A Tale of Two Bookies

Post by soulthief 24.11.10 1:54

Amaral's change of image as proof of him being no good is bollocks, people who are thrust in to the public eye or going somewhere such as doctors, court even a party take care of their image and do not look the same as they normally dress, they make extra effort. And while I am at it, so what if he is making money, he lost his bloody job and livelihood on account of the McGrabs. He is not the only one to make money and certainly not the first, wasn't the first brother John the odious little git who jacked in his job to head the fund? What of the Mc's themselves who have had their house payments met? Mitchell? McGuiness? where the hell are they getting the cash to pay the lawyers they have hired? Who is meant to pay Amaral's defence lawyers. This is a sick joke and its not even slightly funny or fair.
soulthief

Activity : 725

https://www.youtube.com/user/xS0ulThiefx

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 24.11.10 2:53

Exactly soulthief, it is disgraceful that the McCanns and their supporters dare criticize Mr Amaral for making money from his book when they have robbed him of his livelihood and anything else they can get their grasping hands on. It is the McCanns, their friends and family who have shamelessly used their daughter as a 'cash cow' to feather their nests and, no doubt, would take the shirt from Amaral's back if they could do so.
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 24.11.10 3:26

The person who has written this has obviously given some rather deep thought to it, which is in itself rather disturbing. The fantasy areas are somewhat overwhelming, and one found it to be rather a frightening read in some places. One never comes across such blogs and forums as the ones illustrated in the paragraph below.

''On the blogs and forums dedicated to persecuting and vilifying the parents of an abducted child the hatred and denigration soon reached the expected crescendo.''

One would suggest that should any of our posters come across such terrible and shocking sites, where these miscreant posters are setting about the place with their pitchforks, and committing all manner of wicked deeds towards the McCanns, that they contact the site owner and tell them to 1) Stop it immediately, because they are very naughty, 2) Ensure that every word of persecution is deleted from their site, and 3) Tell them that you will be back to check that every scrap of hatred and denigration has gone forever.

Whomever wrote this quite shocking stuff, is obviously not very well at all, and we simply cannot have people being made so ill that they develop severe persecution complexes on behalf of people whom they have never met and who have never been persecuted by anybody anyway.

One has to say that this site seems almost too tame in comparison with some of the sites out there.

Quite depicable the way Amaral is being smeared. One would have thought that the police would have found some of these posters and stopped their aggressive and intimidating behaviour by now.
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Eyes 28.11.10 9:25

Strange thread on PFA2 started by Vee8 titled 'Vee8 gets under jill havern's skin'

http://www.pfa2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7052&sid=40c554e08aec0695d7c73d0407e9a8b5

All the PFA attack dogs proceed to call jill names like 'prize idiot' yet I cannot see Jill's input on this thread at all.

So, Vee8, who is the prize idiot for being wrong again?

Yourself...or yourself? A Tale of Two Bookies 670379
Irish Eyes
Irish Eyes

Activity : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang 28.11.10 10:17

Would be interesting to know who maintains the facebook group...

Official Find Madeleine Campaign
It's too easy to tread on down trodden people. It's pack mentality. Even the Britsh Govt has turned it's back. They lead the pack and fuel the antis. I am ashamed to be British.

Kate and Gerry will be vindicated and the evil bstards hell be...nt on disrupting the search for Madeleine for their own sick reasons will get their just desserts.

I wish more people would stand up and be counted. It would make all the difference. I wouldn't wish the tragedy and misery of losing a child on my worst enemy.

For those reading this and wondering what you can do, do one thing, sign the petition to the. British Govt. Www.findmadeleine. Com

We might deduce from the above that the poster is British, not Kate or Gerry and dislikes the government.

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.
kangdang
kangdang

Activity : 1845

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang 28.11.10 10:20

#
Karen Lewis What ever can be done to help keep Madeleine 'alive' should be done. Publicity, good or bad, helps the cause in different ways. Someone somewhere knows what happened, its just a case of getting to the truth. The fight obviously goes on. This is the way it should be!!!
24 November at 05:54 ·
#
Official Find Madeleine Campaign Thank you Karen. We feel we have no choice. Our government has given-up on Madeleine. We aren't receiving any public law enforcement help in our search. Because we are having to pay for the private investigators ourselves, we have no choice but to find ways to keep the fund going.

"We"..."our"...possibly a family member...Spelling's too good to be Aunty Phil, or perhaps Jill is correct, the invitation was to find Madeleine in Scotland!

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.
kangdang
kangdang

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 28.11.10 12:21

kangdang wrote:Would be interesting to know who maintains the facebook group...

It's too easy to tread on down trodden people. It's pack mentality. Even the Britsh Govt has turned it's back. They lead the pack and fuel the antis. I am ashamed to be British.

Kate and Gerry will be vindicated and the evil bstards hell be...nt on disrupting the search for Madeleine for their own sick reasons will get their just desserts.

We might deduce from the above that the poster is British, not Kate or Gerry and dislikes the government.

Strange as all previous posts under the username have appeared as if posted by Kate and Gerry themselves.

Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 28.11.10 13:30

Posted by Vee8 on PFA2

Vee8 gets under jill havern's skin!!
by vee8 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:53 pm

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/mccann ... -t1741.htm

Exactly soulthief, it is disgraceful that the McCanns and their supporters dare criticize Mr Amaral for making money from his book when they have robbed him of his livelihood and anything else they can get their grasping hands on. It is the McCanns, their friends and family who have shamelessly used their daughter as a 'cash cow' to feather their nests and, no doubt, would take the shirt from Amaral's back if they could do so.

I specifically asked, in what way have the McCanns exploited Madeleine? WHERE is the fancy clothes, the flashy car, the 'Feathers in their nest?' And all we get is the usuall, unsubstantiated and unadulterated BULLSHIT!

Well sorry for upsetting your applecart, but there is a great deal more to come regarding your 'Brilliant detective' because our 'Nasty little blog' is getting a lot more attention from some very important people, far more than your hate filled and ugly little lynch mob ever has.
"YE SHALL KNOW THEM FROM THEIR OBSENITIES." By tony bennett, corrupter of the classic Christmas carol, 'Silent Night.'

vee8
Nurse, the bowl

http://www.pfa2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7052&sid=40c554e08aec0695d7c73d0407e9a8b5

Vee8, anyone with half a brain cell can see that the only two reasons for Kate writing a book is to make lots of money and smear Amaral's name before his book is published for everyone to read in the UK. Why else would they have linked their grubby little book to your grubby little blog?

ETA - Vee8, interesting that you should choose to name yourself after a lotion to treat athletes foot

laugh
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang 28.11.10 15:27

Autumn wrote:
kangdang wrote:Would be interesting to know who maintains the facebook group...

Strange as all previous posts under the username have appeared as if posted by Kate and Gerry themselves.

Yes, I noticed that too. Strange indeed.

kangdang
kangdang

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 03.12.10 10:23

A Tale of Two Bookies Ga201010b

EXCLUSIVE to mccannfiles.com

By Dr Martin Roberts
[size=7]25 November 2010

PEARL HARBOUR

Faced with a new client brief, any IPA accredited author will have at the back of his or her mind the club motto: Legal, Decent, Honest and Truthful - a banner which has absolutely nothing in common with the court-room oath, 'I promise to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth'. When it comes to writing promotional copy, the ground rules are simple: Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, and if you must mess with Mister (or Mrs.) in between, then keep it out of the office. (Once the lights are on nobody sleeps).

Unlike the academic arena, where published discussion is evidence-based and even handed, tending, but no more than that, toward whichever interpretation appears to be favoured by the most recent data, promotional work is nothing if not biased. Whatever the product, as far as advertising is concerned there is never a 'downside.'

With these considerations in mind, certain material, only now available on the internet, makes for intriguing reading. Unlike Robert Redford's undercover associates in the film Three Days of the Condor, I do not have the time to read everything written about the Madeleine McCann affair. Chance alone has led me to some recent contributions posted on a newly established 'blog' entitled Gonçalo Amaral, Fact of the Fiction. These would appear to be a mixture of comments 'lifted' from third-party sources and accompanied by contributions from the two principal authors, one of whom is identified as Vee8.

I do not propose to cross swords with these people, who may hold whatever opinions they wish of Gonçalo Amaral. Suffice to say that the recent 'Inside Out' broadcast by the BBC offers ample evidence of divergence in this regard, and how 'strength of feeling' can come across with as much apparent authority as authority itself. As stated, I do not have time to read everything, everywhere and, having skimmed the content of Gonçalo Amaral, Fact of the Fiction, I am disinclined to read everything there also. That is my prerogative. But several aspects of this particular blog have caught my attention nonetheless, not least the home page announcement of its creation in the immediate aftermath of the injunction against Amaral's book being overturned on appeal; that and the fact it is linked directly to the McCanns' own Facebook site.

The article of Vee8's to which I was unexpectedly directed was posted on 18 November. Entitled 'A Tale of Two Bookies' it presents, in common with the general thrust of the blog, a negative interpretation of Gonçalo Amaral's publishing endeavours. Now, that in itself is not a heinous sin. We are each of us entitled to hold an opinion after all, as forum members of all complexions should appreciate. They will also be aware (and I state this merely as a matter of fact, not in order to appear condescending) that some contributors are more eloquent than others (this is especially so given the number of those struggling to make their voices heard in a foreign language - an effort for which they are to be applauded, certainly not derided). My point is that, with so many people from so many different backgrounds joining in the debate, the population of contributors will inevitably include 'media types', and we know that to be the case.

When we read something by an author who writes for a living, it will have a practised 'ring' to it. Typographical errors will be few and far between and certain stylistic inflexions may hold sway. Whereas the observations made by others may express, coherently or otherwise, their 'strength of feeling', i.e. their emotional stance, something constructed with due regard to the use of language is likely to be as 'deliberate' in its preparation as in its execution.

So what am I driving at?

The Tale of Two Bookies is nothing if not deliberate. Apart from a series of emotive quotes 'bagged up' and dismissed at the outset, it contains no genuinely negative observations (none with the potential to negate the author's own argument, that is). In short, it has the ring of a PR exercise. It is also lodged in a resource linked directly to that of the McCanns themselves.

Let's then take a closer look at some of the arguments advanced by Vee8.
"We have reason to believe that Amaral stated that a portion, (I think I remember reading the figure of 10%) of his profits will go to children's charities. A noble gesture, if true. The McCanns, on the other hand, make it very clear that ALL the profits from THEIR book will go to the fund that is financing the search for their missing daughter."
Leaving aside the vague 'reason to believe', we have Amaral ostensibly donating a mere 10% of his royalties to charitable causes, whereas the McCanns will donate all of their profits to the fund. But the fund, as we know, is not a charity. So the truth to be understood (rather than that portrayed) is: Amaral's charitable giving 10%. McCanns' charitable giving 0%.

The author then proceeds as follows:
"'The truth of the Lie' by Amaral, has sold several million copies to date, netting him somewhere in the region of 1.2 million euros in royalties. The McCann's search fund, at one point, topped over two million pounds. Since then the McCanns have been completely open and transparent with the funds, publishing a full annual account in the press for the scrutiny of the public. Amaral, however, has yet, as far as I know, to do the same. If he did promise to make a payment to children's charities it has, so far, yet to be made good. So what HAS Amaral done with all his profits?"
What this offers us, first and foremost, is confirmation that the metric underlying the McCanns' libel action against Gonçalo Amaral is his profits, not their suffering. It can surely be no coincidence that they are seeking damages of 1.2 million euros! Beyond that however we have the McCanns portrayed as 'completely open and transparent'... 'publishing a full annual account in the press for the scrutiny of the public.' This is in contradistinction to Gonçalo Amaral, who has done no such thing.

Let us also be completely, rather than partially transparent. The McCanns do not publish accounts in order to salve their consciences. The 'Fund' is a public limited company. As such it is legally obliged to publish its accounts. Gonçalo Amaral is neither of these things. (Would you pay to have your P60 published in the local newspaper?). Unless Vee8 is intercepting Amaral's personal correspondence, how does he or she presume to know whether or not this author has made and/or honoured any pledges to charity? Perhaps it has something to do with the unspecified 'reasons to believe.'

The remainder of the piece is sheer 'school of Goebbels' propaganda - decently written, but naïve in its propositions.

What we have here is a McCann PR vehicle. Its establishment immediately post the appeal decision could be taken as an expression of the couple's fear that Amaral's book will indeed appear in the U.K. Why so? Well, in just the same honest-to-goodness fashion that a genuinely libelled party will take action immediately, in order to minimise any damage done to their public image, so anyone feeling 'hot under the collar' about Gonçalo Amaral in general and his book (in Portuguese) in particular, would have set up their blog and vented their spleen long since.

It has previously been suggested elsewhere that Amaral could not, in any case, publish A Verdade da Mentira in the U.K., for fear of infringeing U.K. libel laws. With the lifting of the injunction he clearly has a 'window of opportunity' and I would venture to suggest that, since any half-way decent translation would have to be typeset anew, any version to be put before an English speaking audience would be thoroughly vetted and edited to leave not so much as a hint of libel. Should an English edition of A Verdade da Mentira play strictly by the rules therefore, the McCanns would find themselves on a very sticky wicket indeed - and they know it.

What Gonçalo Amaral, Fact of the Fiction represents is a pre-emptive strike against a moving target. The Japanese, having learnt from an escapade by the British at Taranto a year or so earlier, learnt again, after Pearl Harbour, that such an action can only be truly effective if the whole fleet's at anchor. Had the American aircraft carriers been at home when the Japanese called, history would, no doubt, have taken an altogether different turn. Likewise, the best the McCanns can do in the face of an impending literary assault, is attempt somehow to discredit the author in advance. (They dare not wait until his book has been read the length and breadth of the country). The trouble is they know not what, exactly, might appear in print, nor when. And Gonçalo Amaral, I am reliably informed, is not one to broadcast his intentions.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

[/size]

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.12.10 10:35

Anyone who thinks the Mccanns have been open and transparent in relation to their accounts, clearly has not done their research properly. Just for starters Gerry and Clarrie couldnt even agree their figures when they were questioned in relation to the money spent! and what is open and transparent telling people to stuff money into an envelope and send it off to Kate and Gerry - how is that open and transparent!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 05.12.10 2:54

Oh dear, the McCanns won't like these comments on their very own Facebook site

Justin Thyme -
The only way to find out what really happened to Madeleine is for the case to be re-opened by the Portuguese police.
What is the point of a review? It will only review information that has already been reviewed by both police forces and found to lead nowhere.
Go back to Portugal, answer the 40+ questions you refused to ...
See More
5 hours ago · Like · Comment · View Feedback (3)

Linda Rix Wrafter -
The only way to find out what really happened to Madeleine is for the case to be re-opened by the Portuguese police.
What is the point of a review? It will only review information that has already been reviewed by both police forces and found to lead nowhere.
Go back to Portugal, answer the 40+ questions you refused to ...
See More
5 hours ago · Like · Comment · View Feedback (3)

‎"ASK THE DOGS"GERRY !!!!!
12 hours ago · Like · Comment · View Feedback (1)

GASPAR STATEMENTS

Go back to Portugal Kate ,answer the 48 questions you refused to answer"No stone unturned"

Mcanns NEVER looked ,only cash in
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth 05.12.10 6:44

How much money did the Rosiepops and co. book sales make, and was that ever declared anywhere?
Shibboleth
Shibboleth

Activity : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by soulthief 05.12.10 11:38

Shibboleth wrote:How much money did the Rosiepops and co. book sales make, and was that ever declared anywhere?
ahhh Rosipops, a legend in her/his own mind laughat
soulthief

Activity : 725

https://www.youtube.com/user/xS0ulThiefx

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top