The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary could trigger fresh legal action by parents as Amaral gives interview Mm11

Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary could trigger fresh legal action by parents as Amaral gives interview Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary could trigger fresh legal action by parents as Amaral gives interview Mm11

Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary could trigger fresh legal action by parents as Amaral gives interview Regist10

Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary could trigger fresh legal action by parents as Amaral gives interview

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary could trigger fresh legal action by parents as Amaral gives interview Empty Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary could trigger fresh legal action by parents as Amaral gives interview

Post by Jill Havern 14.03.19 4:43

Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary could trigger fresh legal action by parents

EXCLUSIVE by Martin Fricker 13 March

Lawyers for Kate and Gerry McCann are said to be 'closely watching' what Goncalo Amaral will say on the upcoming show

Kate and Gerry McCann could launch fresh legal action against Goncalo Amaral after he took part in an upcoming Netflix documentary.

The former Portuguese police chief has given a interview to the filmmakers behind the controversial series, sources claim.

Lawyers are “closely watching” what Amaral will say in the show about Madeleine’s disappearance, which is due to air this month.

Kate and Gerry sued him for defamation after he penned a damning book pointing the finger of blame at them.

He cruelly claimed Madeleine, who vanished from Praia da Luz in 2007, died in an accident and her parents covered it up.

Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary could trigger fresh legal action by parents as Amaral gives interview 172

Amaral, who lives in Lisbon, pocketed more than £350,000 from his book The Truth Of The Lie and a DVD spin-off.

The couple sued in the Portuguese courts, sparking a bitter eight-year legal battle that still rumbles on.

An injunction against the book was issued in 2009 and the McCanns won the libel action six years later.

However the ruling was overturned on appeal and that decision upheld by Portugal’s Supreme Court in 2017.

The McCanns are now challenging him at the European Court of Human Rights after being told to pay £750,000 compensation.

They fear if they lose, Amaral’s payout will wipe out a fund set up to finance the continuing search for Madeleine.

Amaral, 59, is one of more than 30 interviewees who have taken part in the British-made Netflix documentary.

Because it has been produced in the UK, the McCanns could sue Amaral in this country over any claims he makes.

The couple turned down the chance to see a preview of the documentary but their lawyers will watch when it is aired.

A source told the Mirror: “They have no desire to watch the show but they have been made aware Mr Amaral has taken part.

“Obviously what he says will be monitored in light of the previous false allegations he has made.”

It is understood other participants include former newspaper editor Kelvin McKenzie and the McCanns’ ex-spokeswoman Justine McGuinness.

Kate and Gerry refused to take part, as did the friends who were in Portugal with them when Madeleine vanished.

In a statement last week they said the Netflix film could “potentially hinder” the ongoing police investigation.

The show was due to appear on the streaming service last week but its launch was inexplicably delayed.

Netflix refused to comment on rumours the series may have been axed by worried bosses following the McCanns’ comments.

A spokeswoman told the Mirror more details will be announced “later this week”.

Scotland Yard’s ‘Operation Grange’ probe is continuing and detectives recently asked for extra Home Office funding.

Madeleine was days away from her fourth birthday when she vanished from her parents’ holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.

Kate and Gerry, from Rothley, Leics, say they still believe their daughter is alive because there is no evidence she has died.

Amaral was sacked from the original Portuguese probe after criticising British police and making mistakes in the investigation.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-netflix-documentary-could-14130640

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41616

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary could trigger fresh legal action by parents as Amaral gives interview Empty Re: Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary could trigger fresh legal action by parents as Amaral gives interview

Post by Guest 14.03.19 8:11

"Kate and Gerry, from Rothley, Leics, say they still believe their daughter is alive because there is no evidence she has died".
WOW, That is just dishonest. CADAVERINE ? . . . . McCann headquarters and their tame journos churning out the "same old same old". Martin Fricker? King of the PUFF PIECE, along with his buddy Tracy McCann-Kandohla might as well have just cut and pasted most of that from earlier character assassination pieces.
Amaral must have the patience of a saint. The media and their bosses at GCHQ have indulged in defamation and lies countless times. He could have sued and won many times over.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary could trigger fresh legal action by parents as Amaral gives interview Empty Re: Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary could trigger fresh legal action by parents as Amaral gives interview

Post by Verdi 14.03.19 11:25

Just look at the trailer over yonder ....

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.03.19 11:42

The McCanns are now challenging him at the European Court of Human Rights after being told to pay £750,000 compensation.

Is this actually true?

On what grounds?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.03.19 11:52

Well no, it is not true. Just more LIES. European Court of Human Rights does not deal with cases about hurt feelings or pig headed belligerence. It has much more important things to deal with.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.03.19 13:02

JimbobJones wrote:"Kate and Gerry, from Rothley, Leics, say they still believe their daughter is alive because there is no evidence she has died".
WOW, That is just dishonest. CADAVERINE ? . . . . McCann headquarters and their tame journos churning out the "same old same old". Martin Fricker? King of the PUFF PIECE, along with his buddy Tracy McCann-Kandohla might as well have just cut and pasted most of that from earlier character assassination pieces.
Amaral must have the patience of a saint. The media and their bosses at GCHQ have indulged in defamation and lies countless times. He could have sued and won many times over.
Just to be technically correct (and I know you like proof rather than evidence) the cadaverine is evidence that a dead body has been there, it's then up to the scientists to decide who's body it was. We all know the the then FSS then miraculously found they couldn't prove it was Maddie (the number of markers found would've been enough for UK court but not Portuguese)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz 14.03.19 14:19

I found it interesting that 'Madeleine is Alive ' was
the headline in today's Sun. Why today? Just lately the Sun has been extremely vocal about Brexit and  today of all days when after yesterday's disgusting performance at Westminster one would expect a political headline we get this nonsense.
IMO this non story was solely resurrected to deflect from the Government's shenanigans. I just wonder how many times in the last 11+ years this story has been used to bury other news stories that the media find unwelcome. Just a thought.
kaz

Activity : 1009

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.03.19 14:39

HKP wrote: I know you like proof rather than evidence.
Actually I prefer evidence, because plenty of evidence builds a strong case. Forensics, Sniffer dogs, changes to timelines, changes to witness testimony, changes to their "story" etc.
What I don't like is people deliberately CONFUSING proof and evidence, or LYING about it. Such as GM saying there "not being any evidence that MM is dead". That is an untrue statement. There is plenty of evidence. Yep, cadaverine. The presence of cadaverine is evidence that a dead body was at the location in question. Then you have a missing person who was staying in that very same place. That is evidence that SOMEBODY died and the person in question is still missing 11 years later? That missing person died, in any sensible honest persons opinion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 14.03.19 14:45

kaz wrote:I found it interesting that 'Madeleine is Alive ' was
the headline in today's Sun. Why today?

Because they need to justify the injection of another £1million into Operation Grange and their fake investigation + we are fast approaching another anniversary.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.03.19 16:25

JimbobJones wrote:
Actually I prefer evidence, because plenty of evidence builds a strong case. Forensics, Sniffer dogs, changes to timelines, changes to witness testimony, changes to their "story" etc.
What I don't like is people deliberately CONFUSING proof and evidence, or LYING about it. Such as GM saying there "not being any evidence that MM is dead". That is an untrue statement. There is plenty of evidence. Yep, cadaverine. The presence of cadaverine is evidence that a dead body was at the location in question. Then you have a missing person who was staying in that very same place. That is evidence that SOMEBODY died and the person in question is still missing 11 years later? That missing person died, in any sensible honest persons opinion.
I actually agree with you however until you can prove that the cadaverine is Maddie then the rest is not proven, whilst logic may say it must be her the science is saying not necessarily so (although I believe the science was fudged) Martin Grimes also stated that the cadaverine odour can 'travel' in the air and culminate in a corner (or cupboard), so the body might not necessarily have been in that exact location. If for example the body was put in a bag and the bag was later placed on the shelf you'd get contamination but the body was never there. 

Not wanting to draft this thread off topic so I'll leave it there  thanks
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 14.03.19 17:45

Yakety yak.  Their lawyers can look all they like.  Do they really think Rocky would give them any ammunition to use against him?  Give us a break from this please as he aint afraid of them or their lawyers.
bored yawn  Same old same old.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 14.03.19 17:58

I wonder if Amaral's interview with Netflix is new or whether they've done the same as they did in that Australia film with Rahna (was that her name?) walking up the street with Amaral, and then Amaral said the interview was fake and he was never there with her. Maybe Netflix will just be using old footage of him.

For some reason I cannot imagine Amaral trusting any journalist/filmmaker enough to give them an interview.

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyinred 14.03.19 18:12

JimbobJones wrote:
Reminds me of the official website where it states that there is absolutely nothing to suggest that Madeleine has been harmed.  Really?  

I like your posts @JimbobJones
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

Activity : 1403

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.03.19 20:53

Ladyinred wrote:Reminds me of the official website where it states that there is absolutely nothing to suggest that Madeleine has been harmed.  Really?  

thumbup Thanks for that. Gotta keep pointing out the absurdity of those in denial.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.03.19 21:45

JimbobJones wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:Reminds me of the official website where it states that there is absolutely nothing to suggest that Madeleine has been harmed.  Really?  

thumbup Thanks for that. Gotta keep pointing out the absurdity of those in denial.
Even when you're wrong?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 14.03.19 21:54

The article claims the photo was taken at the Kids club.
Exactly where?
I can't find this lawn area with that kind of vegetation in the background??

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by Constablekid 14.03.19 22:17

“The couple turned down the chance to see a preview of the documentary but their lawyers will watch when it is aired”

Sound like they refused to have a ‘factual accuracy viewing’ - that means they can’t complain about issues after it’s aired. Netflix has done its due diligence. I think they are hoping there will be mistakes they can sue over. If they were really worried about what was going to be said, they would have attended the viewing they were offered.
Constablekid

Activity : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.03.19 22:54

HKP wrote:
JimbobJones wrote:

Even when you're wrong?

flag . . . . well, I guess nobody is right all the time. But I hav'nt perverted the course of justice or killed anyone so I think I am doing ok.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 14.03.19 23:49

kaz wrote:I found it interesting that 'Madeleine is Alive ' was
the headline in today's Sun. Why today? Just lately the Sun has been extremely vocal about Brexit and  today of all days when after yesterday's disgusting performance at Westminster one would expect a political headline we get this nonsense.
IMO this non story was solely resurrected to deflect from the Government's shenanigans. I just wonder how many times in the last 11+ years this story has been used to bury other news stories that the media find unwelcome. Just a thought.
+1 kaz
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 14.03.19 23:55

Jill Havern wrote:Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary could trigger fresh legal action by parents

EXCLUSIVE by Martin Fricker 13 March

Lawyers for Kate and Gerry McCann are said to be 'closely watching' what Goncalo Amaral will say on the upcoming show

Kate and Gerry McCann could launch fresh legal action against Goncalo Amaral after he took part in an upcoming Netflix documentary.

The former Portuguese police chief has given a interview to the filmmakers behind the controversial series, sources claim.

Lawyers are “closely watching” what Amaral will say in the show about Madeleine’s disappearance, which is due to air this month.

Kate and Gerry sued him for defamation after he penned a damning book pointing the finger of blame at them.

He cruelly claimed Madeleine, who vanished from Praia da Luz in 2007, died in an accident and her parents covered it up.

Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary could trigger fresh legal action by parents as Amaral gives interview 172

Amaral, who lives in Lisbon, pocketed more than £350,000 from his book The Truth Of The Lie and a DVD spin-off.

The couple sued in the Portuguese courts, sparking a bitter eight-year legal battle that still rumbles on.

An injunction against the book was issued in 2009 and the McCanns won the libel action six years later.

However the ruling was overturned on appeal and that decision upheld by Portugal’s Supreme Court in 2017.

They fear if they lose, Amaral’s payout will wipe out a fund set up to finance the continuing search for Madeleine.

Amaral, 59, is one of more than 30 interviewees who have taken part in the British-made Netflix documentary.

Because it has been produced in the UK, the McCanns could sue Amaral in this country over any claims he makes.

The couple turned down the chance to see a preview of the documentary but their lawyers will watch when it is aired.

A source told the Mirror: “They have no desire to watch the show but they have been made aware Mr Amaral has taken part.

“Obviously what he says will be monitored in light of the previous false allegations he has made.”

It is understood other participants include former newspaper editor Kelvin McKenzie and the McCanns’ ex-spokeswoman Justine McGuinness.

Kate and Gerry refused to take part, as did the friends who were in Portugal with them when Madeleine vanished.

In a statement last week they said the Netflix film could “potentially hinder” the ongoing police investigation.

The show was due to appear on the streaming service last week but its launch was inexplicably delayed.

Netflix refused to comment on rumours the series may have been axed by worried bosses following the McCanns’ comments.

A spokeswoman told the Mirror more details will be announced “later this week”.

Scotland Yard’s ‘Operation Grange’ probe is continuing and detectives recently asked for extra Home Office funding.

Madeleine was days away from her fourth birthday when she vanished from her parents’ holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.

Kate and Gerry, from Rothley, Leics, say they still believe their daughter is alive because there is no evidence she has died.

Amaral was sacked from the original Portuguese probe after criticising British police and making mistakes in the investigation.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-netflix-documentary-could-14130640
s**te
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by tiki 15.03.19 20:50

Gobshite Amaral was not.sacked and the dogs evidence proved she's dead. I can only believe that if this hateful couple continue to attack poor Dr Amaral  they will be targeted by his supporters and they will deserve it imo. What a disgraceful pair, they are spiteful, vindictive and bloody arrogant. It's .no wonder most of the UK public can't stand anymore of them. I for one would chuck rotten eggs at them if they set foot in my town. Why can't they piss off
tiki
tiki

Activity : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 15.03.19 22:08

JimbobJones wrote:"Kate and Gerry, from Rothley, Leics, say they still believe their daughter is alive because there is no evidence she has died".

Translated from McCannish into good English, it really means "we covered our tracks well, no evidence will be found".  The didn't bargain on top UK dogs being brought in, they covered that by claiming that they were unreliable.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tiki 16.03.19 17:34

I sincerely hope Amaral takes them to the cleaners and the McCann fund (sorry -the Madeleine fund)is wiped out. I feel so sorry for the man the McNastys have ruined his life and all he did was try and do his job and seek justice for little Madeleine . The McNastys have only ever sought to cover their tracks as you say but they've done a piss poor job of it as far as I can see because so many people can see through the lies.
tiki
tiki

Activity : 84

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top