The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as many of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

MADDIE TWIST - THE SUN

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MADDIE TWIST - THE SUN

Post by Sceptic on Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:14 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4586988/madeleine-mccann-new-development-investigation-portugal/


MADDIE TWIST

Madeleine McCann cops hunting ‘person of significance’ in shock new development


Cops said the person is 'critical' to their hunt for the girl who went missing ten years ago in Praia de Luz, Portugal

By Aletha Adu
1st October 2017, 11:13 am
Updated: 1st October 2017, 12:13 pm



A SHOCKING new development has unfolded in the investigation of Madeleine McCann's disappearance - as cops are hunting a "person of significance".
A source close to Scotland Yard's search Operation Grange said the person is now a "critical line of inquiry" in the £12million investigation, The Times has learned.


AFP
4
Madeleine McCann went missing at the Ocean club apartment hotel in Praia de Luz , Portugal

AFP
4
Her parents Kate and Gerry McCann have vowed to search for their missing daughter for the rest of their lives
The source told the newspaper: "It is as much to rule out the person out of the inquiry as anything else."
Madeleine vanished in May 2007, while on holiday with her family in Praia de Luz, Portugal.

The girl, who was then three, was left sleeping in a hotel with her siblings after her parents went for dinner.

Her parents Kate and Gerry McCann have since vowed to never give up on trying to find their daughter who would now be 14.

Kate said: "We will go on, try our hardest, never give up and make the best of the life we have."
The news comes days after cops received £154,000 to keep the investigation afloat.


Rex Features
4
A family of the McCann's months before the three-year-old disappeared
The extra cash is set to fund the search until March next year.
Kate and Gerry were "extremely thankful to both the Home Office and Scotland Yard for the continued funding," their spokesman Clarence Mitchell said.


PA:Press Association
4
A general view of apartments at the Ocean Club in Luz in the Algarve, Portugal, where Madeleine went missing
Operation Grange was launched in 2011 after the Portuguese-led investigation was shelved in 2008.

There have been more than 8,000 potential sights of the Brit three-year-old since her disappearance.
One of the most seriously regarded sighting was in Amsterdam, 2008.


Shopkeeper Anna Maria Stam told cops a three or four-year-old girl who resembled Madeleine, told her she was with a "stranger" who had taken her "away from mummy".

Sceptic

Posts : 183
Reputation : 31
Join date : 2013-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MADDIE TWIST - THE SUN

Post by BlueBag on Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:19 pm

It's bollocks.
avatar
BlueBag

Posts : 4439
Reputation : 2248
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MADDIE TWIST - THE SUN

Post by BlueBag on Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:29 pm

The Amsterdam incident was reported by Anna Stam.

Here is Anna in 2008 pictured with a source close to the investigation.




http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-dossier-did-this-dutch-couple-325131
avatar
BlueBag

Posts : 4439
Reputation : 2248
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MADDIE TWIST - THE SUN

Post by BlueBag on Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:58 pm

Why the Amsterdam incident is bollocks.


Kate McCann
 
"My consolation is that on the cover he calls her Maddie, the name that the media have invented. We never called her anything like that."


Anna Stam,

(The girl) said she was looking for her mummy… and not for her mother…she called herself Maddy.
 
“At first I thought it was Maggie, that’s why I remember, but she made clear it wasn’t Maggie, it was Maddy.”

Perhaps Kate forgot to tell the Media Monitoring Unit that she wasn't called Maddie.
avatar
BlueBag

Posts : 4439
Reputation : 2248
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MADDIE TWIST - THE SUN

Post by Verdi on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:02 pm

@BlueBag wrote:The Amsterdam incident was reported by Anna Stam.

Here is Anna in 2008 pictured with a source close to the investigation.




http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-dossier-did-this-dutch-couple-325131
Good find ^ Bluebag!

Only 'rolloxs' - I think you're being too kind.  They are taking the wee-wee out of us poor mortals.

Snipped..

Yesterday Mr Mitchell said McCann investigators would quiz Anna in Dutch.

[Mitchell - a source close to the McCanns?]

He said: "The principal is always to speak to a witness in their mother tongue so there's absolutely no confusion over what they saw or heard."

[Is there some message being conveyed here - is this the reason Robert Murat was assigned to interpret witness statements for the PJ?]

Mr Mitchell again blasted the Portuguese police for not passing Anna's statement to the McCanns.

[Do tell Mr Mitchell - why should the Portuguese police pass information concerning their investigation to the McCanns?]

He said: "Anna did the right thing in contacting the Dutch police. But I find it shocking that the Portuguese police weren't even in touch, either with her or with us.

[I'm not going to comment on that!]

"If they ruled her sighting out then fine, we'll rule it out as well. But we just don't know at this stage."

[Oh - will we?  Is this in accordance with accepted policing protocol?]
----------

All very riveting stuff!  First rule of deception - know your subject!

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 7019
Reputation : 3617
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MADDIE TWIST - THE SUN

Post by Verdi on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:11 pm

@BlueBag wrote:Why the Amsterdam incident is bollocks.


Kate McCann
 
"My consolation is that on the cover he calls her Maddie, the name that the media have invented. We never called her anything like that."


Anna Stam,

(The girl) said she was looking for her mummy… and not for her mother…she called herself Maddy.
 
“At first I thought it was Maggie, that’s why I remember, but she made clear it wasn’t Maggie, it was Maddy.”

Perhaps Kate forgot to tell the Media Monitoring Unit that she wasn't called Maddie.
Witness Statement - Charlotte Pennington 7th May 2007  [snipped]

She adds that it was usual for Madeleine to be called "Maddy", as this is how she [Madeleine] presented herself to the witness;

On the 3rd of May 2007, around 22H15, the witness was working during "dinner hour", together with her colleagues Jackie and Amy, when an unknown woman came to them indicating that she was a tourist lodged at the complex and asked them if they had heard about a disappearance of a child, whose name she referred to as "Maggie" or "Maddy";
----------

They can't even come up with an original script.  First rule of deception - know your subject!

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 7019
Reputation : 3617
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MADDIE TWIST - THE SUN

Post by aquila on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:15 pm

@BlueBag wrote:It's bollocks.
Yes it is and that's why I'm very proud to be a member of this forum with posters such as yourself and many others who have a grasp on things.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8734
Reputation : 1721
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MADDIE TWIST - THE SUN

Post by aquila on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:24 pm

@Verdi wrote:
@BlueBag wrote:The Amsterdam incident was reported by Anna Stam.

Here is Anna in 2008 pictured with a source close to the investigation.




http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-dossier-did-this-dutch-couple-325131
Good find ^ Bluebag!

Only 'rolloxs' - I think you're being too kind.  They are taking the wee-wee out of us poor mortals.

Snipped..

Yesterday Mr Mitchell said McCann investigators would quiz Anna in Dutch.

[Mitchell - a source close to the McCanns?]

He said: "The principal is always to speak to a witness in their mother tongue so there's absolutely no confusion over what they saw or heard."

[Is there some message being conveyed here - is this the reason Robert Murat was assigned to interpret witness statements for the PJ?]

Mr Mitchell again blasted the Portuguese police for not passing Anna's statement to the McCanns.

[Do tell Mr Mitchell - why should the Portuguese police pass information concerning their investigation to the McCanns?]

He said: "Anna did the right thing in contacting the Dutch police. But I find it shocking that the Portuguese police weren't even in touch, either with her or with us.

[I'm not going to comment on that!]

"If they ruled her sighting out then fine, we'll rule it out as well. But we just don't know at this stage."

[Oh - will we?  Is this in accordance with accepted policing protocol?]
----------

All very riveting stuff!  First rule of deception - know your subject!
Awww bless, at least Mitchell can honestly say that he and Stam were not wearing watches and carrying mobile phones at the time of this photoshoot.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8734
Reputation : 1721
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MADDIE TWIST - THE SUN

Post by Doug D on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:54 pm

'Kate McCann
 
"My consolation is that on the cover he calls her Maddie, the name that the media have invented. We never called her anything like that."

Don't forget neither did GM! He must have just forgotten.


https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t12339-friends-reunited-closing


Doug D

Posts : 2482
Reputation : 865
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MADDIE TWIST - THE SUN

Post by Get'emGonçalo on Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Mail have got it now. Comments allowed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4938194/Madeleine-McCann-police-hunting-person-significance.html#comments


However, The Sunday Times understands Met detectives have been relying on Portuguese transcripts of key interviews with British witnesses, rather than conducting their own.
Operation Grange has conducted no formal witness interviews with Gerry or Kate McCann or the seven friends they dined with on the night Madeleine disappeared.  


So now it is official

Gradually the press are turning the ‘crowd’
I have tried to post a comment, simply asking WHY ?


PeterMac
avatar
Get'emGonçalo


Posts : 10740
Reputation : 5267
Join date : 2009-11-25
Location : parallel universe

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: MADDIE TWIST - THE SUN

Post by cbeagle on Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:59 pm

The Portuguese investigation of Madeleine's disappearance was criticised by the British authorities as being not fit for purpose. Scotland Yard began an investigative review into the disappearance in 2011, on the orders of then-Prime Minister David Cameron.
However, The Sunday Times understands Met detectives have been relying on Portuguese transcripts of key interviews with British witnesses, rather than conducting their own.
Operation Grange has conducted no formal witness interviews with Gerry or Kate McCann or the seven friends they dined with on the night Madeleine disappeared.
 
So the Portuguese investigation was bad but not interviewing the key people is ok ... ????

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4938194/Madeleine-McCann-police-hunting-person-significance.html

cbeagle

Posts : 86
Reputation : 31
Join date : 2014-08-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MADDIE TWIST - THE SUN

Post by Philo Beddoe on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:44 pm

According to The Times then SY have been relying on Portuguese transcripts...  Now was it just me or did I hear Hogan Howe on a radio station state specifically that they had to have thousands and thousands of pages of material translated into English from Portuguese??!!  So not quite relying on transcripts at all then?!
avatar
Philo Beddoe

Posts : 46
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2017-05-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MADDIE TWIST - THE SUN

Post by Verdi on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:53 pm

@aquila wrote:Awww bless, at least Mitchell can honestly say that he and Stam were not wearing watches and carrying mobile phones at the time of this photoshoot.
Ahh.. but he (that's Mitchell), is showing a mark of solidarity by wearing the green and yellow obligatory photoshoot lapel thingy..



"I kid you not - it really was a whopper....!"

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 7019
Reputation : 3617
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MADDIE TWIST - THE SUN

Post by plebgate on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:29 am

Surely the parents and their tapas friends would be deemed as key witesses but the public were told that they haven't been re-interviewed.

What a carry on this has turned out to be.  A HUGELY EXPENSIVE CARRY ON.

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll

plebgate

Posts : 6131
Reputation : 1804
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MADDIE TWIST - THE SUN

Post by Estelle on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:53 am

IT'S SOLVING CRIME 101! YOU BEGIN WITH THE WITNESSES THERE ON THE NIGHT.
avatar
Estelle

Posts : 388
Reputation : 83
Join date : 2009-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MADDIE TWIST - THE SUN

Post by MayMuse on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:59 am

So the Mirror brought in Ms Stam from Amsterdam and paid  her flight and the cost of  the sketches of brown haired woman ( looks blonde to me in the image) and a dark man..".whom Clarence says they have yet to have the statement and yet the McCanns investigators knew anyhow.....

A paid "witness" ?.....

Posing with a paid "spokesman" ? 

9 yrs ago

A critical lead .....................................Umph!!!

____________________
“Basically, I’m just an ordinary, straightforward guy who’s the victim of the biggest f***-up on this planet – if you’ll excuse the language.” bingo

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

Posts : 1814
Reputation : 1272
Join date : 2016-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum