The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Quotes from mccanns and team... - Page 3 Mm11

Quotes from mccanns and team... - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Quotes from mccanns and team... - Page 3 Mm11

Quotes from mccanns and team... - Page 3 Regist10

Quotes from mccanns and team...

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quotes from mccanns and team... - Page 3 Empty Re: Quotes from mccanns and team...

Post by Jill Havern 28.12.10 22:40

listener wrote:It was 'childline' - I remember emailing them and asking if they actually said that. They replied in the negative. I will still have their mail on an old hard-drive somewhere (I save all mails)!

Childline eh? Isn't that the one Esther Rantzen is involved with? Hasn't there been a photo of the McCanns with Esther?

It would be nice if you can find that email yes

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41589

Back to top Go down

Quotes from mccanns and team... - Page 3 Empty Re: Quotes from mccanns and team...

Post by listener 28.12.10 23:07

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:
listener wrote:It was 'childline' - I remember emailing them and asking if they actually said that. They replied in the negative. I will still have their mail on an old hard-drive somewhere (I save all mails)!

Childline eh? Isn't that the one Esther Rantzen is involved with? Hasn't there been a photo of the McCanns with Esther?

It would be nice if you can find that email Quotes from mccanns and team... - Page 3 160807

Hi and a bellated Merry Christmas Quotes from mccanns and team... - Page 3 725573
Mine has been 'pandamonium' due to burst pipes, broken heating boilers etc. - but thanks to friends and families all sorted now Quotes from mccanns and team... - Page 3 110921

I have been planning to upgrade my pc soon with a larger HD so I can keep all my 'stuff' easily accessible!
As you know I've had a wee stroke - it has affected my memory, which is why I started saving things I thought were interesting - I know I have saved their mail so I will find it, but first I will have to work out how to access it!
listener
listener

Activity : 681

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 29.12.10 11:40

listener wrote:
Judge Mental wrote:
sharonl wrote:
Judge Mental wrote:
sharonl wrote:Following on from:-

"We thought that it was safe"

we have:-

"The doors were left unlocked in case of a fire"

How thoughtful of Kate to consider the safety of her children.

Seems a bit pointless since the children were all under the age of four, two of them possibly in cots with the bedroom windows and shutters closed. Not to mention the fact that the twins did not wake during the commotion of the night that Madeleine allegedly went missing, why would a fire wake them?

How exactly were they supposed to get out without injuring themselves? that`s assuming that they are not normal toddlers who would just sit up in their cots and cry.

Is this within the boundaries of good parenting too?

We are still waiting for precise clarification on all this ''reasonable parenting'' business. Nobody has actually admitted to saying it yet.

This was allegedly Gerald McCann to CNN

He told CNN: "We have been assured by the authorities that what we did fell well within the boundaries of good parenting.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-470179/Madeleines-father-quizzed-decision-leave-own.html#ixzz19MFgvFUW

Quotes from mccanns and team... - Page 3 110921

But who are these authorities? They must come out from wherever they are hiding, and clarify this once and for all. This could be quite a defining moment for hundreds of families whose children have been placed on the risk register, simply because the parents were at local drinking and eating establishments or sitting in a neighbour's garden. Taking all these children off the register, would free up a lot time for social workers to go after the parents of those children who are forced to baby-sit and be on fire-duty at the much younger age of two years or even less.

It was 'childline' - I remember emailing them and asking if they actually said that. They replied in the negative. I will still have their mail on an old hard-drive somewhere (I save all mails)!

Well, if Childline denied ever saying that, then they musnt have said it.

GM was either using them as 'imaginary' authority to lend support to his lie or he was making things up as he went along. Either way he was lying through as many teeth.

What is bizarre is no press members ever pressed him for the authority whom he claimed have said they were within boundary of responsible parenting. And, when he abused the 'childline' name, journalists should have verified it with Childline. They just made a mockery of child protecting agencies making up their own rule to suit their purposes. There should be a clear line what is right and what is wrong where child care is concerned.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by YNG 29.12.10 13:10

I came across this article but again it only claims they got legal advice .

Clarence Mitchell ;

'If there is any suggestion of neglect charges being considered that will be vigorously denied because the legal advice that Kate and Gerry have received both in Portugal and Britain is that legally speaking everything they were doing that week was well within the bounds of responsible parenting.'

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23488288-mccanns-face-child-neglect-charges-for-leaving-madeleine-alone-on-night-she-disappeared.do

YNG

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 29.12.10 13:43

That's more like it!
CM spinning, hiding and excusing every of their wrongdoing under 'legal advice'. It's a whole load of bullock. Now which lawyer would advise them their parenting skill is within 'responsible boundary' -bull excrement from CM as usual, as bad as GM. They are all the same....lie through as many teeth.....

What is strange is no child protection agency ever come out to protest about their irresponsibe remarks.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth 29.12.10 13:48

General 'legal advice' is very different from a named person, specifically telling them, that it was responsible behaviour. I am reaching the conclusion that Gerry McCann just made this all up, and Clarence is doing a damage limitation exercise afterwards.

Shibboleth

Activity : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.12.10 16:38

imo this is made up, I would like to know who said it was within the bounds of responsible parenting, although no high profile charity seemed to speak up at the time about this case, if you ask them what their line is on leaving young children alone they will all clearly say you never ever leave young children on their own, therefore I fail to see how any legal advice could say what they did was within the bounds of responsible parenting. They need to name who said that and that individual if he or she exists needs to very swiftly be sent on a Child protection course because they are clearly speaking out of their backside!.imo
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by YNG 29.12.10 20:57

I think you are right , it's Pink spin but I have somewhere (with no link I'm afraid) part of a report / interview KM did with the BBC and I'm almost certain she uses more or less the exact words regarding their parenting ..... will search files for it later.

There are parents who have intent to neglect , and others who have no premeditated intent . However the outcome is still failure in their parental duty to protect the child resulting in harm .
Neglect under current UK law means ;
Failure to protect from physical and emotional harm or danger.
Failure to ensure adequate supervision including the use of adequate care-takers.
If they failed to understand that then they fail to understand the whole concept of child care and parental responsibility.
The bottom line is that we must protect our children at all costs – and that includes when we are on holiday , regardless as to whether or not ‘ it felt safe’ !
YNG

Back to top Go down

Post by listener 30.12.10 0:18

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:

It would be nice if you can find that email Quotes from mccanns and team... - Page 3 160807

Hi Jill and appologies Quotes from mccanns and team... - Page 3 655851
It wasn't Childline - it was the NSPCC!
Have not found that mail yet or the reply - but I have found this which I sent to McC's website.

" Could you tell me WHO (in the N.S.P.C.C.) or WHEN a spokesman from the NSPCC ‘ASSURED’ you that your behaviour in leaving your children alone was “well within the bounds of responsible parenting”? "

I did not get a reply Quotes from mccanns and team... - Page 3 173510

The word doc I saved it on is dated 20/9/09

I will keep looking for my letter directly to the NSPCC and their reply.

New Years Resolution - I really must get everything in the same folder - or at least on the same hard drive Quotes from mccanns and team... - Page 3 110921
listener
listener

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 30.12.10 8:46

Mitche££ says they had legal advice from both Portugal AND England.
Did he make that up, or was he told to say that by the McCs ?
In the first case he is a liar, in the second a cretin.
Or possibly both.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 30.12.10 9:35

PeterMac wrote:Mitche££ says they had legal advice from both Portugal AND England.
Did he make that up, or was he told to say that by the McCs ?
In the first case he is a liar, in the second a cretin.
Or possibly both.

Even if he didnt make that up, the mccanns would have made that up to give it him.
It's so easy to say 'they had legal advice', who's going to check on it.

They have had (still have in PT) so many lawyers, different one to suit different purpose on both sides of the channel, which one are journalists supposed to check with even if they'd wanted to verify it.
They couldnt possible call all the mccanns lawyers in UK and PT. Besides, no lawyers will entertain them - client confidentiality and all that rubbish.

And, as for the lawyers if they hadnt given that sort of irresponsible and illegal advice, each one will be thinking the other one did it. Afterall the mccanns have so many sets, which firm is to know who said what or didnt say what.

The mccanns must be (other than possibly the Ramseys) the only parents of a missing child with so many sets of expensive legal eagles.

They excret 'legal advice' freely and liberally at their whim and fancy to excuse their bad behavior to fool guillables into thinking they hadnt done anything wrong.

Its a psychological thing, they must feel good to fool themselves too. It's as if saying 'that' makes them feel better about their deed and lies so that they can handle their guilts better.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 30.12.10 12:55

"Its a psychological thing, they must feel good to fool themselves too."
I wonder if they really are fooling themselves. I would hope that they, and the Tapas 7, and the Trustees who have bailed out, and their lawyers, and Carter-Ruck (who have been strangely silent of late) and the lawyers who act for the "fund" and the auditors - ditto, and even by now some of the more intelligent family members are all beginning to realise that this is all coming to an end. Mitchell excepted of course
And when that end comes no one will want to be standing in front of the fan. (Mitche££ won't even realise it is switched on, and will think the bucket is full of money !)

Just as an aside, and Mods, if it is not the appropriate place please delete this bit.
Bristol murder --
Last person to see her alive is in custody. Person in custody was well known to the victim.
"Plus ça change, plus c'est la méme chose"

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth 30.12.10 13:02

Peter, I do not even believe that Carter Ruck work for the McCann any more. They are lawyers and they have to be paid. And the McCann have no money, Clarence Mitchell said so, and Kate is forced to write a book to get some.

Shibboleth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.12.10 14:57

The NSPCC cant admit to giving that advice as it goes against their own policies and advice they give to the public, therefore some decent journalist should have pursued this and pinned Mitchell down as to WHO made this comment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.12.10 15:02

Cherry wrote:The NSPCC cant admit to giving that advice as it goes against their own policies and advice they give to the public, therefore some decent journalist should have pursued this and pinned Mitchell down as to WHO made this comment.

Totally agree Cherry yes The public should be told who exactly said that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by YNG 30.12.10 19:18

Cherry wrote:The NSPCC cant admit to giving that advice as it goes against their own policies and advice they give to the public, therefore some decent journalist should have pursued this and pinned Mitchell down as to WHO made this comment.

I agree Cherry and I'm still amazed how the authorities seem to have taken this for granted .

Here's a snipped from an interview with KM I saved , unfortunately I can't find a link but someone may have it or be able to find one.

During a BBC interview, - Kate Mc. ;
"Looking at it from where we are now, I don't feel we were irresponsible, I feel we are very responsible parents."

what
YNG

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth 30.12.10 19:34

"Looking at it from where we are now, I don't feel we were irresponsible, I feel we are very responsible parents."

Well, finally something we can agree on. The McCanns are very responsible.

Responsible for the disappearance of their eldest child.

Shibboleth

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 30.12.10 19:37

YNG wrote:During a BBC interview, - Kate Mc. ;

what

She's barking crazy bonkers isn't she? And an NHS doctor to boot skull

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by YNG 30.12.10 19:47

Shibboleth wrote:

Well, finally something we can agree on. The McCanns are very responsible.

Responsible for the disappearance of their eldest child.

100 % Shibboleth and living in denial of that fact , well I suppose they can't admit to it now can they nah

Get 'em Gonçalo - they're both completely off their rockers affraid
YNG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 30.12.10 19:56

Quotes from mccanns and team... - Page 3 Mcmads10

Yep, they both are.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.12.10 22:34

YNG - that quote of Kate's is imo quite shocking, (to come from any parent), but when it comes from a professional doctor it really is extremely disconcerting and arrogant to say the least. They dont appear to take any responsibility for their actions imo.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by listener 30.12.10 23:35

I recall being utterly astounded there was absolutely no public or press reaction to that amazing statement Quotes from mccanns and team... - Page 3 643235 (and I don't usually swear)!
listener
listener

Back to top Go down

Quotes from mccanns and team... - Page 3 Empty 'For the avoidance of doubt...

Post by Tony Bennett 01.01.11 19:36

Shibboleth wrote:Peter, I do not even believe that Carter Ruck work for the McCanns any more.
Well, Carter-Ruck were certainly still representing the McCanns as recently as 8 October 2010.

I can vouch for that, as that on that day their Solicitor Helen Steele wrote to me.

After non-responses to a series of letters sent to Carter-Ruck by me from July to October last year, I had raised the issue of whether they were still acting for the McCanns. I added that if they did not reply, I would henceforth have to address certain correspondence direct to the McCanns at 5 The Crescent, Rothley.

That produced a swift but brief response, in these terms:

"Dear Mr Bennett - We confirm for the avoidance of doubt that we continue to act for Gerry and Kate McCann and that any correspondence should continue to be sent to us and not to our clients".

P.S. A pdf. of the above letter is on our website. As I know that the few McCann-believers left on the forums like to be kept fully up-to-date on these matters, I can confirm on the record that there has been no further correspondence either way between myself and Caerter-Ruck since that date.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 06.01.11 16:30

Tony Bennett wrote:
Shibboleth wrote:Peter, I do not even believe that Carter Ruck work for the McCanns any more.
Well, Carter-Ruck were certainly still representing the McCanns as recently as 8 October 2010.

I can vouch for that, as that on that day their Solicitor Helen Steele wrote to me.

After non-responses to a series of letters sent to Carter-Ruck by me from July to October last year, I had raised the issue of whether they were still acting for the McCanns. I added that if they did not reply, I would henceforth have to address certain correspondence direct to the McCanns at 5 The Crescent, Rothley.

That produced a swift but brief response, in these terms:

"Dear Mr Bennett - We confirm for the avoidance of doubt that we continue to act for Gerry and Kate McCann and that any correspondence should continue to be sent to us and not to our clients".

P.S. A pdf. of the above letter is on our website. As I know that the few McCann-believers left on the forums like to be kept fully up-to-date on these matters, I can confirm on the record that there has been no further correspondence either way between myself and Caerter-Ruck since that date.

Well done - that cornered them isnt it?
To think they didnt even have the courtesy to reply after they'd their bully tactics !

So they didnt get any reply or instruction from the mccanns..uhmm interesting?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 06.01.11 16:32

BTW, how does still representing the mccanns work?

Does it mean CR is paid retainer fee? which will change to cost fee when clients is active again.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top