The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Help! TV company has contacted me - Page 2 Mm11

Help! TV company has contacted me - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Help! TV company has contacted me - Page 2 Mm11

Help! TV company has contacted me - Page 2 Regist10

Help! TV company has contacted me

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help! TV company has contacted me - Page 2 Empty Re: Help! TV company has contacted me

Post by Guest 26.09.15 21:28

Constablekid wrote:Hey all,

I've been contacted by a TV company. They have emailed me a bunch of questions about the madeleine mccann case and about what it's like to be a web sleuth, how I communicate with others online who follow the case etc. They also want me to recommend other people to speak to.

What should I do?

Sorry, I put this in the members lounge also but now realise that may have been the wrong place for this message, so admins, feel free to delete that one.

Thanks.
=====

How about: NO COMMENT ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Help! TV company has contacted me - Page 2 Empty Re: Help! TV company has contacted me

Post by deafoldbat 27.09.15 0:07

I smell a very large rat!!!

beware

Anyway - no documentaries are allowed to be shown unless they support the Tapas 9 - Clarence Mitchell and Carter Ruck will see to that!
deafoldbat
deafoldbat

Activity : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by garfy 27.09.15 10:52

deafoldbat wrote:I smell a very large rat!!!

beware

Anyway - no documentaries are allowed to be shown unless they support the Tapas 9 - Clarence Mitchell and Carter Ruck will see to that!

oh yesssss not forgetting the mccs ....u are spot on

they will also have a shed load of emails addresses and comments probably  defamatory to the mccs
garfy

Activity : 248

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 27.09.15 12:48

Constablekid wrote:Thanks very much Tony, that's very helpful. I'll probably reply to them tomorrow.

It's October Films. Here is what they emailed me:

There are some questions below. Feel free to write as much as you want. Also, if you happen to know of anyone else who knows a lot about this case (or any other unsolved mystery) who might be worth getting in touch with, please let me know. The more people I talk to, the better.

Questions:

1 You’ve done a lot of research on the Madeleine McCann case - why this case? What is it about the case that’s got you so interested?

2 How long have you been researching the case and how much time would you say you’ve spent on it?

3 Where do you go to research the case? What are you resources?

4 What are some interesting things you’ve noticed about the case that most people might not be aware of or that you think should be a bigger focus in the investigation?

5 What conclusions have you drawn about the case as to Madeleine’s fate?

6 Can you tell us about the community of people online who do what you do? Are you all in contact with each doing and do you swap notes?

7 Have there been any major breakthroughs/developments in the case recently? What was the last big development that brought a new angle to the case?

8 With less money in the police budget, do you find detectives are turning to web sleuths in order to gain new info they may have missed?
May I suggest you publish said email in full please with the name of contact from October Films.

Thanks in advance.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam S 28.09.15 7:53

It's as plain as a pikestaff that this is a set-up, designed to make the "haters" look like nutjobs and weirdos. Enter this at your own risk. Seems people have not learned their lesson. All press, or police questions for that matter, should be answered with "no comment". You will not get a fair shake. End of.
Sam S
Sam S

Activity : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by guest12345 28.09.15 9:26

Sam S wrote:It's as plain as a pikestaff that this is a set-up, designed to make the "haters" look like nutjobs and weirdos. Enter this at your own risk. Seems people have not learned their lesson. All press, or police questions for that matter, should be answered with "no comment". You will not get a fair shake. End of.
^^ This.

The parents are lawyered up to the hilt so no-one, not event the large media outlets, will publish anything against them until there is clear evidence and/or official statements of such from OG.

With that in mind, the only documentaries that anyone can safely produce (in a lame attempt to boost their production companies/careers by piggybacking off the popularity of the case) is to offer a bit of "there are lots that think that something is not as it seems..." then make anyone internet based look like a troll, offer a hint of sympathy for the parents then end the show with "to this day, we still don't know the truth...." to line themselves up for their next one.

Avoid. 

The only people benefiting out of this production is the production company and possible the McCanns.
guest12345

Activity : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.09.15 10:35

Sam S wrote:It's as plain as a pikestaff that this is a set-up, designed to make the "haters" look like nutjobs and weirdos. Enter this at your own risk. Seems people have not learned their lesson. All press, or police questions for that matter, should be answered with "no comment". You will not get a fair shake. End of.
========

agree

A fishing expedition if ever there was one
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean 28.09.15 11:12

As fragrant as rotting sea bass........
Amy Dean
Amy Dean

Activity : 480

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.09.15 11:34

Surprised Constablekid didn't look right through them & declined gracing them with any comment

Doesn't everyone see immediately, that answering any of this 'Octobers' questions could easily lay them open to charges of libelling?

And why for heavens sake would anyone even consider advertising other members names to any outsider?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 28.09.15 13:13

Portia wrote:Surprised Constablekid didn't look right through them & declined gracing them with any comment

Doesn't everyone see immediately, that answering any of this 'Octobers' questions could easily lay them open to charges of libelling?

And why for heavens sake would anyone even consider advertising other members names to any outsider?

"Forthright" and 'sensible', as ever, Portia.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Now,

'The' Questions:

1 You’ve done a lot of research on the Madeleine McCann case - why this case? What is it about the case that’s got you so interested?

Because this 'case' is not NORMAL, and never has been normal, since the day Madeleine 'disappeared'. 'So interested' in this 'case'? Erm, JUSTICE for a diliberately and consciously LEFT ALONE defenceless three years old child!

2 How long have you been researching the case and how much time would you say you’ve spent on it?

Since the morning of the 4th May 2007. When i 'found' out that the parents of the 'missing' child had 'lied' about 'smashed, jemmied, shutters' which was totally UNTRUE! 'Quite a 'while'!

ANYWHERE!. Videos, interviews, books, etc., given, or written by the 'parents' of Madeleine.

4 What are some interesting things you’ve noticed about the case that most people might not be aware of or that you think should be a bigger focus in the investigation?

The complete 'disregard' of any adversarial 'evidence' unfavourable to the McCann's, by any LE 'agency' in the UK. (BIGGER FOCUS) The Tapas 7 and JW's 'signed , sworn, statements' given to Leicestershire Police.

AH! the 'big one'! Didn't Mr G Amaral draw his 'conclusion' about Madeleine's 'fate'? And didn't the McCann's try to 'destroy' him for stating his 'conclusions'? I'm pretty sure you'd 'like' me to state my 'conclusions' (about Madeleine's 'fate') and see the Mccann's try to 'destroy' me! (libel)

6 Can you tell us about the community of people online who do what you do? Are you all in contact with each doing and do you swap notes?

You can join CMOMM for 'free'. We are NOT 'trolls' that 'swap' notes!

7 Have there been any major breakthroughs/developments in the case recently? What was the last big development that brought a new angle to the case?

DCI Wall. No 'developement, really, just same old, same old, RIGID 'adherence' to OG 'remit' ('the abduction') of which there is not a scintilla of 'evidence' that an 'abduction' ever took place. ONLY, ONLY, the 'missing' child's 'parents', the very last, admitted, to have 'seen' the 'missing' child, 'say so'

8 With less money in the police budget, do you find detectives are turning to web sleuths in order to gain new info they may have missed?

OG is 'funded' by HO. After Home Secretary, Theresa 'Will', was erm, 'persuaded' by RB to fund, with unlimited taxpayer 'funds', 'FOREVER', an 'investigation' into a 'single' 'missing' child case'
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 28.09.15 14:24

Joana Morais @JoanaAMorais
Anyone being contacted by UK film companies or UK journos beware of what happened with @summersandswan @SkyNews #sweepyface #mccann
Retweeted by Mari Welzel
5 Retweets 2 favorites Collapse
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.09.15 14:40

They need ammunition for when Amaral's appeal starts.

Like Grange have had the budget extended.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 28.09.15 14:48

BlueBag wrote:They need ammunition for when Amaral's appeal starts.

This appeal could go on forever and a day. Operation Grange can't. The McCanns need the money from the original ruling which has now gone to appeal. The McCanns have already paid out monies in costs to courts who didn't rule entirely in their favour. Operation Grange and the McCanns are in unison again then so it would seem
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.09.15 16:25

Entrapment ?  Must be ! 
Going by the leading questions.......that's bound to leave victim/s in its wake.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 28.09.15 20:13

BlueBag wrote:They need ammunition for when Amaral's appeal starts.

Sorry BlueBag, this is not the first time you've made a connection between the extension of Operation Grange and Dr Amaral's appeal.  I don't buy it, can't see how a mickey mouse trumped up claim against Goncalo Amaral, lodged by the McCann fraternity, can have any bearing on an investigation - even if it is Sloperation Grange doing the investigating.

The two areas are totally separate, they can't be made into one no matter how the Macs might like to try.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy 29.09.15 15:04

I agree with this.

If anyone from the media contacted me asking questions about this case, my answer would be something along these lines : 'Do your own research, you f****** tosser!!!'   angry2
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 29.09.15 22:05

Gaggzy wrote:

I agree with this.

If anyone from the media contacted me asking questions about this case, my answer would be something along these lines : 'Do your own research, you f****** tosser!!!'   angry2
Or..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRpKThIO5HA

daft1

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis 30.09.15 7:50

This is so obvious! It's a fisching/fishing exercise, nothing else.
Advice? Run a mile.
There is no way you will ever be getting a legitimate platform that is associated with MSM at this time.
Should the Mcs ever be brought to book, then is the time and only then.
This smacks of trying to find out who you are, who are your friends who do same and is nothing but overt surveillance.
You only have to recall the Hutton/Sun fiasco as a pointer.
Consider the time of year and the lengths Team Mc will go to. 
You engage with these people you might as well paint a target on your back.
(A nice white one on a maroon t-shirt...)
Mark Willis
Mark Willis

Activity : 885

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis 30.09.15 8:06

One cacophonous alarm bell I keep hearing/reading here "October's penchant for docs on stalkers".
Well guess what you'd be labelled as, posting about the Mcs in a way they don't like?
The scheming pro Mc cabal always aim for those they consider naive or weak - soft targets.
I in no way wish to imply you are any of those; they just want someone to talk before they realise they are up to their neck in it. They think that person might be you. They underestimate our intelligence whilst knowing that the "bait" is enticing. Do not fall for it.
They often pick on egotists (see The Sun) who are so inward looking they fail to realise the damage done to others with their motor mouths.
Again, run a mile. Then another mile. And keep going until you and them are out of earshot.... wow
Mark Willis
Mark Willis

Activity : 885

Back to top Go down

Post by Constablekid 30.09.15 17:57

UPDATE: I've had permission to post the Researchers email address here for any of you who want to reply to his questions that I posted earlier.

Owen's email address:
Owen.cooper@octoberfilms.com

Owen also emailed me today to ask if people could get in touch ASAP, as he has a development meeting about the series tomorrow.

I asked him about the nature of the doc and have pasted his answer below.

It's obviously totally up to you whether you email him. I cant vouch for this production company personally, I'm only the messenger! I only created this thread because I thought members on here would find it an interesting development, plus I knew I would get very useful advice from members as to how I should respond to him or whether you thought it was a bad idea to respond.

I have replied to Owen with my answers to his questions. I don't think I said anything libellous or factually incorrect. I hope that my contribution results in programme makers being better informed about the case and fingers crossed my words don't get twisted and edited unfairly. I didn't really give much 'opinion' but mostly stated facts and provided lots of links, so I don't think there were many words in my email that could be twisted!

Hi,

Hope you’re well. Sure, you can definitely post my email address in the forum – that sounds great and would be a huge help for me so thanks for that.

The documentary is still in early stages and is right now in the development phase. At the moment, we’re just looking at unsolved cases in the UK such as murders or disappearances – we want to see the research that regular people have conducted on these cases and we want to talk to people who genuinely believe they have either solved one of these cases or are close to solving them. Another case we’re particularly interested in is the story of Andrew Gosden, a 14 year old from Doncaster who took a train to King’s Cross and was never seen or heard from again.

We don’t really have an angle that we’re approaching the cases from so there’s no finger pointing and we’re not solely focusing on the McCann case or trying to solve it. We’re just interested in the effort and hard work that web sleuths put in to researching certain cases. We want to know how they work, do they swap notes? Have many cases been solved by regular people working as web sleuths? If so, how was it done? We’re currently in touch with a criminologist at Durham University who believes web sleuths are a good thing.

The answers we’re looking for a just for research purposes.

Thanks,

Owen.

And here are the questions again for easy access:

Questions:

Constablekid

Activity : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 30.09.15 18:20

Thanks for the update Constablekid.  

Perhaps our researchers might wish to consider sending in their researched works.
Since they haven't narrowed down it to any angle, they are probably open minded to accept anything and take it from there.

What are they able to air though without incurring the wrath of you know who, that's the question.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.09.15 19:16

Thanks, Constablekid, a bit clearer for everyone.

Could you find out the name of the criminologist at Durham University?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 30.09.15 19:21

Constablekid, can I ask if the criminologist in question is working on a few other projects? A yes or no will suffice.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.09.15 19:24

Possibly Professor David Wall?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 30.09.15 20:04

Constablekid wrote: we’re not solely focusing on the McCann case...
 = we ARE focusing on the McCann case, but we'll throw in a few mentions of other cases as well

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top