The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New DCI - Page 8 Mm11

New DCI - Page 8 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New DCI - Page 8 Mm11

New DCI - Page 8 Regist10

New DCI

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New DCI - Page 8 Empty Re: New DCI

Post by woodforthetrees 10.12.14 9:39

IMO there is only one reason that all this carry on has continued for so long................... cash!

Media keep spinning to sell papers...
...which keeps Clarence in a job for cash....
....which allows the McCanns to sue people for false stories for cash....
...which keeps lawyers pockets for the prosecution and defense well stocked...
....which allows OG to issue statements about 'new leads' and continue operating, for gvt cash ......
....which keeps them in there cushy, well paid jobs (££)......
....which is backed by the gvt which is good for national PR ....
....as is the world renowned photo of the poor child.

'Best of British old bean'
woodforthetrees

Activity : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl Dixon 10.12.14 9:47

Do we know, definitively, that the McCanns and their friends have not been re-interviewed?
Daryl Dixon

Activity : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse 10.12.14 10:05

Daryl Dixon wrote:Do we know, definitively, that the McCanns and their friends have not been re-interviewe
AR -has pretty much sung their praises since he took over, he's practically taken direction from them. And I believe he has, or one of his pals, stated that they are not in question. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

And a tad unfair on all the other witnesses isn't it? I mean, the world's press alerted to who they are, all sitting there poised with their cameras as they are publicly filmed entering the police station. If, a massively major IF here - they have been questioned behind the scenes - what do you think makes Kate, her old man and the rest of their gang exempt from the same kind of treatment? I can't remember even a recent pic of any of the Mccan's holiday chums. Might lead one to think that this could be the intention. So they can disappear into obscurity. They must have changed a bit in looks by now. 

All these people who we actually know were around at the specific time of Madeleine's disappearance - are nowhere to be seen now. If this was a Miss Marple - they'd be the first she'd suspect - she'd have them all gathered in a room together - and have it out with them. But that is fiction...but then they say fact is a lot stranger!
mouse

Activity : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 10.12.14 10:07

mouse wrote:And I have to say she didn't have a very confidant or happy face on her yesterday.
I actually feel a bit sorry for her. For now anyway.
Maybe she'd just had a visit from a Harry Grout type telling her what she can, and more importantly, what she can't do in the investigation.

In my opinion.

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 10.12.14 11:05

We already 'know' that six 'people' have left Grange, recently, being 'replaced' by six 'others' we do not know.

DCI Mahog is to 'retire' on 22nd December 2014.

As P Mac will confirm DCI Wall will have 'requested' that her 'own' people, possibly three or four, are also assigned to Grange.

And this is where 'resentment' among the 'original' team may arise.

Especially if, IF, DCI Wall (and her people) asks the questions, of the original Maddie Cops 'team' "why, in your personal opinion, is it impossible, that the McCanns, or persons they know, were not involved in their child's disappearance'?

"Is it possible, they were involved'?

'What irrefutable evidence, after three and a half years investigation, do you have that totally eliminates the McCanns, or persons, they know, from involvement in the disappearance of their child?"

"Is it at all possible that Mr Amaral was actually right with his assessment of the 'situation', about the child's 'disappearance' after his investigation?"

"Coppers 'nose', and all that"

I don't know if DCI Wall has been given a 'remit', specific to her,

Will (a few/ a lot?) 'original' members of OG start to ask to 'leave' Operation Grange when DCI Wall takes charge?

And would we ever 'know'?

Questions, questions.

eta: M Brunt in Sky News 'studio' 11:14am today.

'Confined' to barracks?

I'd have thought he would have been at Faro, ('suspects' questioning) or Lisbon (libel claim case, final arguments) given his 'interest' in all things 'McCann'.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

New DCI - Page 8 Empty DCI did the Tia case

Post by PeterMac 11.12.14 13:35

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2869936/Female-Met-officer-taking-Madeleine-McCann-inquiry-arrives-Portugal-ahead-questioning-former-suspect-Robert-Murat.html

She oversaw the investigation into the murder of Tia Sharp, whose body was found in the loft of her grandmother's house in New Addington, south London, days after she went missing in August 2012.
Stuart Hazell, a former boyfriend of Tia's mum, was jailed for life at the Old Bailey in May last year after dramatically admitting murdering the youngster during his trial.

i  hadn't realised that she oversaw the Tia Sharpe fiasco.

Let us re-cap what happened in that case.
Family reported Tia missing, presumed abducted.
Lots of posters and T Shirts and pleas for help and candlelit vigils
Hazell went on TV to make tearful plea for her return
85 'sighting' reported
80 Police officers involved in the search
Dogs alerted several times but were ignored by police officers
Turned out to be a member of the close family.
Another man was jailed for Wasting Police time - perverting

One hopes the new DCI Nick- Nick will not make the same series of errors again.
Commander Neil Basu, the officer in charge of the investigation, apologised to Tia's mother for the delay in finding her daughter's body. He blamed human error and said that a review would be undertaken "to ensure such a failing is not repeated"
On 23 August police commissioner Bernard Hogan-Howe addressed his force's failure to find Tia's body. He said the error could not be attributed to a single officer. He wanted "to understand what processes and management decisions we've made that led to that failure."

Simple lessons to learn
1 Watch the family
2 Follow the money
3 Believe what the dogs are indicating
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16596

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by deafoldbat 11.12.14 14:07

goodpost  agree
deafoldbat
deafoldbat

Activity : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 11.12.14 14:38

I was just about to post the above . mail online are reporting her taking over the case . comments are being allowed , it appears the mods are on there lunch so i urge anybody who can to post .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 11.12.14 15:22

PeterMac wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2869936/Female-Met-officer-taking-Madeleine-McCann-inquiry-arrives-Portugal-ahead-questioning-former-suspect-Robert-Murat.html

She oversaw the investigation into the murder of Tia Sharp, whose body was found in the loft of her grandmother's house in New Addington, south London, days after she went missing in August 2012.
Stuart Hazell, a former boyfriend of Tia's mum, was jailed for life at the Old Bailey in May last year after dramatically admitting murdering the youngster during his trial.

i  hadn't realised that she oversaw the Tia Sharpe fiasco.

Let us re-cap what happened in that case.
Family reported Tia missing, presumed abducted.
Lots of posters and T Shirts and pleas for help and candlelit vigils
Hazell went on TV to make tearful plea for her return
85 'sighting' reported
80 Police officers involved in the search
Dogs alerted several times but were ignored by police officers
Turned out to be a member of the close family.
Another man was jailed for Wasting Police time - perverting

One hopes the new DCI Nick- Nick will not make the same series of errors again.
Commander Neil Basu, the officer in charge of the investigation, apologised to Tia's mother for the delay in finding her daughter's body. He blamed human error and said that a review would be undertaken "to ensure such a failing is not repeated"
On 23 August police commissioner Bernard Hogan-Howe addressed his force's failure to find Tia's body. He said the error could not be attributed to a single officer. He wanted "to understand what processes and management decisions we've made that led to that failure."

Simple lessons to learn
1  Watch the family
2  Follow the money
3  Believe what the dogs are indicating

4 Look at the stats

Keeps coming back to stats, 96% & 100%. 96% of all child abductions are by persons known to the abducted, dogs are 100% reliable yes
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 11.12.14 15:58

Rogue-a-Tory wrote:
Simple lessons to learn
1  Watch the family
2  Follow the money
3  Believe what the dogs are indicating
4 Look at the stats
Keeps coming back to stats, 96% & 100%. 96% of all child abductions are by persons known to the abducted, dogs are 100% reliable yes

And some terrible statistic about the number of genuinely kidnapped children who are dead within the first hour
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 11.12.14 16:23

ww.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2869936/Female-Met-officer-taking-Madeleine-McCann-inquiry-arrives-Portugal-ahead-questioning-former-suspect-Robert-Murat.html

Lots of pics in that article.

Notice Murat & spouse are power-dressed to attend the interviews.  
Money makes a world of difference, and we know power dressing is important when hugh media audience is present.
It's all about image projection. The rich and famous do it all the time - power dressed to attend police stations and court to influence public perception of them.  It's to give impression of respectability vs uncouthed scum bags from other spectrum of social ladder.

Nick Wall is also power dresser - an image of glamour combines with brain.
26 years in the service and it does not show on her face.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by woodforthetrees 11.12.14 16:38

aiyoyo wrote:

That'll be because her face is loaded with botox and filler  thumbsup
woodforthetrees

Activity : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamming 11.12.14 16:42

Hold on a minute, have i missed something ? Was it not reported that Murat could not now be questioned again due to some legal technicality, now they're saying it's because they ran out of time ??

ps, 4th picture down, bloke in stripy shirt/red tie combo, proves why men of certain shape/size ought not wear stripes...
Jamming
Jamming

Activity : 133

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 11.12.14 16:48

woodforthetrees wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

Bit harsh - with hair in pigtails & wearing a gymslip, there are some connected with the case that wouldn't wait to get her handcuffs on. Just saying eek
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 11.12.14 16:50

woodforthetrees wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

Not sure we need that on this forum! shhhh

jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 11.12.14 16:59

jeanmonroe wrote:
woodforthetrees wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

Not sure we need that on this forum!  shhhh

agreed
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Back to top Go down

New DCI - Page 8 Empty DCI

Post by PeterMac 12.12.14 16:16

Some of her recent cases had a crime to arrest time measured in a couple of days.
http://crimeandjustice.co.uk/tag/dci-nicola-wall/

Four arrests made in Hendon murder investigation
November 4, 2014, Police were called to Middlesex University, Friday 31 October following reports of a fight.

Second arrest in Notting Hill murder
September 4, 2014, Officers investigating the murder of Anthony Charlery in Notting Hill on Saturday, 30 August. have arrested a second man on suspicion of murder.
The man, aged 38, attended a south London police station today (4 September) – he remains in custody there.
A 21-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder on 3 September also remains in custody at a south London police station

Arrest in Wandsworth murder investigation
August 15, 2014, Detectives investigating a fatal stabbing in Wandsworth have this morning (Friday 15 August) arrested a 24 year old man on suspicion of murder.
Officers were called by the London Ambulance Service to St John’s Drive, at 20:49hrs on Wednesday 13 August to reports of an incident.

Second arrest in Lee murder
August 12, 2014, Detectives investigating the murder of a man in Lee, London SE12 on Sunday, 10 August have arrested a second teenager.
A 17-year old boy was arrested today [Tuesday, 12 August. He has been taken to a south London police station.
A 17-year old boy who was arrested on suspicion of murder on Monday, 11 August, remains in custody.
Could be luck, of course,  and some crimes are self solving and the perp is obvious right from the start,
but still, it is a good track record.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 12.12.14 16:37

So, she could become 'our Wonder-Wall'! winkwink
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 12.12.14 16:54

jeanmonroe wrote:So, she could become 'our Wonder-Wall'! winkwink
Hopefully not another Brick in the Wall, smilie
Joss
Joss

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 12.12.14 17:05

Rogue-a-Tory wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
woodforthetrees wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

Not sure we need that on this forum!  shhhh

agreed

No, we don't. 
If my post triggers off unnecessary craps, my apology.
All I'd meant was she's not bad looking and seems to have good track record.

She said so herself that the her low media profile is attributed to the fact "we solve cases so quickly nobody gets involved"  That is a sign she's level headed, keeps her head down and just gets the job done and done quickly without involving  media.

Hope she maintains her good track record.......
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

New DCI - Page 8 Empty Welcome to Luz, DCI Nicola Wall

Post by Guest 22.12.14 4:08

On the day that she takes up her appointment as head of Operation Grange, I welcome Nicola Wall into the investigation in the Madeleine McCann disappearance.

I do not care whether the new DCI is female or not.

I do not care whether the DCI is attractive or not.

Here's what I care about.

I am Elça Craig, at http://shininginluz.wordpress.com/

Does this case need another DCI flying over Luz in a helicopter, with a Sky News helicopter in close pursuit?

Does this case need a fingertip search of land in the centre of Luz that is on a main road, overlooked by many residents, and impossible to dig up without  a JCB?

Here's what is going to happen.  Foresight, not hindsight.

Position 1.  Nicola Wall does not engage with Luz.  The General Election happens.  The case fades into the background.  Apart from the gutter media.

Position 2.  Nicola Wall decides helicopters and fingertip searches are not the way forward.

Please step forward, Nicola Wall.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 22.12.14 4:47

welcome Elça.  

Do you live in Luz and, if so, do you know how the residents feel about Mark Warner closing their Ocean Club operation at what seems, for those of us in the UK at least, to be very short notice?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 22.12.14 8:31

Elça Craig wrote:On the day that she takes up her appointment as head of Operation Grange, I welcome Nicola Wall into the investigation in the Madeleine McCann disappearance.

REPLY: I don't, because she inherits a remit that restricts her to 'investiagting the abduction' as if it had happened in England. She has accepted that remit, and thus has accepted the inhernet poisoned chalice in doing so. She had a choice not to accept this remit. Those who claim the remit 'might have been changed' are quite wrong; the remit is on the public record and, if it had been changed, we would have been told.     

REPLY: Neither do I, it is irrelevant.

REPLY:  Agreed, also irrelevant.

But what is IMO relevant is that she appears in a celebrity magazine, namely Vogue, illustrating once again how much the police these days are more concerned about their image than about tackling crime - they spend tens of millions on theier media departments.

This bit of the Vogue interview causes concern IMO:

QUOTE:

A diminutive peroxide blonde, with fine cheekbones and a faint Derbyshire accent, she cuts an unusual figure. "I'm a bit different," she admits. "The jury nearly fell over last time I was in the box!" She's glad that the current crop of TV detectives are not "as mumsy" as their forebears and has a small fondness for Saga Noren "because she's quite feminine, very glamorous, very pretty and very capable, too."
As plainclothes officers, the detectives are united in their determination to look good. Wall especially enjoys playing with her femininity, if only to shake up the stuffier factions of the Met that still exist. "I usually wear a heel, and I always paint my nails," she says with a toss of her well-groomed head. "They usually brighten a day".

UNQUOTE

REPLY:  No, please step down, Nicola Wall, and while you're doing it, tell Vogue and everyone else in the media that you're stepping down because you're refusing to take any further part in this expensive charade, and have publicly called for a change in the remit of Operation Grange.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 22.12.14 9:25

Tony Bennett wrote:
Elça Craig wrote:On the day that she takes up her appointment as head of Operation Grange, I welcome Nicola Wall into the investigation in the Madeleine McCann disappearance.

REPLY: I don't, because she inherits a remit that restricts her to 'investiagting the abduction' as if it had happened in England. She has accepted that remit, and thus has accepted the inhernet poisoned chalice in doing so. She had a choice not to accept this remit. Those who claim the remit 'might have been changed' are quite wrong; the remit is on the public record and, if it had been changed, we would have been told.     

REPLY: Neither do I, it is irrelevant.

REPLY:  Agreed, also irrelevant.

But what is IMO relevant is that she appears in a celebrity magazine, namely Vogue, illustrating once again how much the police these days are more concerned about their image than about tackling crime - they spend tens of millions on theier media departments.

This bit of the Vogue interview causes concern IMO:

QUOTE:

A diminutive peroxide blonde, with fine cheekbones and a faint Derbyshire accent, she cuts an unusual figure. "I'm a bit different," she admits. "The jury nearly fell over last time I was in the box!" She's glad that the current crop of TV detectives are not "as mumsy" as their forebears and has a small fondness for Saga Noren "because she's quite feminine, very glamorous, very pretty and very capable, too."
As plainclothes officers, the detectives are united in their determination to look good. Wall especially enjoys playing with her femininity, if only to shake up the stuffier factions of the Met that still exist. "I usually wear a heel, and I always paint my nails," she says with a toss of her well-groomed head. "They usually brighten a day".

UNQUOTE

REPLY:  No, please step down, Nicola Wall, and while you're doing it, tell Vogue and everyone else in the media that you're stepping down because you're refusing to take any further part in this expensive charade, and have publicly called for a change in the remit of Operation Grange.
As much as I really want to disagree with your post Tony, I can't. I really want to be positive about a proper investigation into Madeleine's disappearance but to date I haven't seen anything near that.

It all boils down to SY's remit.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13383

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 22.12.14 12:09

Unrelated case, but from Met Police Press release on Saturday:

Detective Chief Superintendent Alaric Bonthron, said:………….

“Officers are expected to uphold the standards of the Met Police and when they fail to do so - they will be investigated. Where officers fail to act within the law it undermines the trust and confidence the public have in the service as a whole."

Can the same be said of carrying out honest investigations?
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum