The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Tony may I ask a question please ? Mm11

Tony may I ask a question please ? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Tony may I ask a question please ? Mm11

Tony may I ask a question please ? Regist10

Tony may I ask a question please ?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tony may I ask a question please ? Empty Tony may I ask a question please ?

Post by Fencer 04.12.09 13:55

Good afternoon Tony, first may I add that I am neither a supporter nor detractor of yours, I merely sit on the fence.
I do however admire your tenacious appetite in the cases you become involved with, again I preface that by saying that I don't necessarily agree with your methodology.

The question I would like to ask is how you feel about all this leaking of persons personal details that is taking place at present ?

My reason for asking is that a postcard which apparently you allowed to be published on a website contained the address of one Susan Menez aka Ambersuz I believe.
Her details are now being passed from forum to forum with wild abandon, do you condone or condemn the leaking of personal details ?

Apologies I realise that that is two questions.

Peace Love Out.

Edited before posting - I would like it to be known I do not have any affiliation to said Ambersuz, to be honest her actions on missingmadeleine sicken me to the pit of my stomach.
Fencer

Activity : 106

Back to top Go down

Tony may I ask a question please ? Empty How would Tony still have possession of the postcard he sent?

Post by Jolie 04.12.09 14:53

Fencer wrote:Good afternoon Tony, first may I add that I am neither a supporter nor detractor of yours, I merely sit on the fence.
I do however admire your tenacious appetite in the cases you become involved with, again I preface that by saying that I don't necessarily agree with your methodology.

The question I would like to ask is how you feel about all this leaking of persons personal details that is taking place at present ?

My reason for asking is that a postcard which apparently you allowed to be published on a website contained the address of one Susan Menez aka Ambersuz I believe.
Her details are now being passed from forum to forum with wild abandon, do you condone or condemn the leaking of personal details ?

Apologies I realise that that is two questions.

Peace Love Out.

Edited before posting - I would like it to be known I do not have any affiliation to said Ambersuz, to be honest her actions on missingmadeleine sicken me to the pit of my stomach.

Maybe I'm missing something, but you asked about Tony giving permission to post online a postcard he sent to Ambersuz, and I'm wondering just how he would be able to that, given that he supposedly mailed it to Ambersuz and she was the one who posted screenshots of it online.

Tony Bennett will have to answer how Ambersuz's true identity was leaked. I have read one of his posts where he states that Majic was the one who revealed that information, but I would like to know who provided him with that information, if that's true.

If it was Tony Bennett, I have no problem with his doing it because of the filthy, underhanded behavior of Ambersuz on her forum attacking him. It's a wonderful way to shut someone up, when other ways do not succeed, to have someone accountable for their words by their true identities being known. (Right, Stevo?)
Jolie
Jolie

Activity : 146

Back to top Go down

Tony may I ask a question please ? Empty Re: Tony may I ask a question please ?

Post by Fencer 04.12.09 15:14

The Letter Sent to the Lubbock Family and Mr Bennetts Postcard to Susan Menez

Below is an alleged letter that was sent to the Lubbock family, this letter has been attributed to Tony Bennett. Mr Bennett has confirmed that he did not have any involvement with this letter.

Also, a postcard that Mr Bennett sent to Susan Menez is being circulated as a means of comparison. This postcard is now presented below with permission.

The words above are from chaosraptors site, Majic apologies for copying without asking permission.

Jolie thank you for your response I quote from your response
"Maybe I'm missing something, but you asked about Tony giving permission to post online a postcard he sent to Ambersuz, and I'm wondering just how he would be able to that, given that he supposedly mailed it to Ambersuz and she was the one who posted screenshots of it online."

Tony as far as I am aware is the author of the contents of the postcard - therefore I assume he gave permission to use the name of the person to whom he sent it.

With all due respect to you Jolie I had asked the original questions of Tony, maybe after he answers them then other members may wish to query his response.
Once again thank you for your contribution.
Fencer

Back to top Go down

Post by preciousramotswe 04.12.09 15:33

I have no idea about the postcards question but I do know that TB was the first person who ever put Steve Marsden's name into the public domain.

There was no reason for him to do this whatsoever.
preciousramotswe

Activity : 259

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 04.12.09 15:49

Tony Bennett on leaking personal details.

No, personal details should not be leaked.

I had no idea for example that Ms Butler would take advantage of a statement I made in confidence at a private meeting with lawyers, when we were asked to say what our financial circumstances were - so they could advise us of the financial consequences if '60 Reasons' were to contain even one libellous sentence.

I gave at the meeting in front of the four lawyers and Ms Butler an estimate of my life savings.

Not only was I astounded that Ms Butler disclosed that, but she and the press together then converted that figure into an amount said by Ms Butler to have been amounts payable to the Madeleine Foundation totalling £90,000 which I had allegedly paid into my private bank account. The way the press played it, it looked as though I had both cheated on The Madeleine Foundation and also dishonestly received and salted away money intended for the McCanns' fund to find Madeleine.

When those stories surfaced one weekend, I was very distressed; I've still not fully recovered from the unfairness of it.

Now as to Stephen Marsden and Susan(a) Menez, both now names which are public.

Stephen Marsden asked me to make PayPal payments to him in that name. When I had to respond on publicly-viewable to his actions re the former MF website in October/November, what reason was there for me not to give his name? It hasn't caused him any problems, has it?

Besides, Stephen Marsden has a controversial track record for publicly outing several people, e.g. on 3As, something he was able to do given his IP-address tracing
skills. He would surely be the last person to complain about 'outing'?

As for Susan(a) Menez, I think you'll find out it was her own silly fault. I had no idea that my private postcard to her had been used by her to suggest to Essex Police that I had been wasting police time. I assume she scanned it and sent it to Essex Police HQ.

I was stunned when Neil Syson of 'The Sun' knew about 'the postcard you sent from Klagenfurt to Gibraltar on 12 October'.

In order to inform members of this forum about this extraordinary attempt to get Essex Police to waste time on yet another unfounded investigation to me, I posted up details of his 'phone call:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/have-your-say-f1/newsflash-another-essex-police-investigation-into-tony-bennett-this-time-ambersuz-may-have-the-vital-forensic-evidence-t79.htm

This clearly meant mentioning 'Ambersuz' and 'Gibraltar' in the same posting. I can't say I'm too disappointed if 'Majic' put 2 and 2 together and identified her publicly.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Fencer 04.12.09 16:04

Good afternoon Tony,

Many thanks for your reply, for the record I was not criticising you at any stage during my original post.
May I be so bold as to ask you to elaborate on the below paragraph from your reply, as I'm a little confused.
Who is "his" in the underlined part ? Also I was unaware of details or context of a phone call being posted, would it be possible to copy it to here please, for the point of clarity.

"In order to inform members of this forum about this extraordinary attempt to get Essex Police to waste time on yet another unfounded investigation to me, I posted up details of his 'phone call, which clearly meant mentioning 'Ambersuz' and 'Gibraltar' in the same posting. I can't say I'm too disappointed if 'Majic' put 2 and 2 together and identified her.

ETA - Tony the link did not appear on your original post, maybe have been a problem my end, apologies.
Fencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Nick 04.12.09 16:09

Suzanne beware of the devil, don't let him spoil your heart
Suzanne beware of the devil, don't let him put us apart

One of my favourite songs.
Old Nick

Activity : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 04.12.09 16:15

Fencer wrote:Good afternoon Tony,

Many thanks for your reply, for the record I was not criticising you at any stage during my original post.
May I be so bold as to ask you to elaborate on the below paragraph from your reply, as I'm a little confused.
Who is "his" in the underlined part ? Also I was unaware of details or context of a phone call being posted, would it be possible to copy it to here please, for the point of clarity.
'His' equals Neil Syson.

Read the whole of this link, Syson's 'phone call to me is within that:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/have-your-say-f1/newsflash-another-essex-police-investigation-into-tony-bennett-this-time-ambersuz-may-have-the-vital-forensic-evidence-t79.htm
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.12.09 16:16

I am not supporter of TB, but noticed he always answered politely albeit something too many info. While else amber latest antics is sick.

I dont agree with outing people's real identity at all.
But having said that, TB uses his real name and address which is known to viewable to everyone, and if people's attacks of him get more vicious by the day because people think they can hide safely behind their anonymity, then I suppose outing them only make it level playing field so in a way that's fair and square.

People would be less brazen if their personal details were known, they feel more vulnerable (hey Stevo?) So amber shouldnt complain...after all she started this madness.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Tony may I ask a question please ? Empty B.A.D.

Post by Tony Bennett 04.12.09 16:19

aiyoyo wrote:Amber shouldn't complain...after all she started this madness.
Er, along with a couple of others...
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by preciousramotswe 04.12.09 16:31

Now as to Stephen Marsden and Susan(a) Menez, both now names which are public.

Stephen Marsden asked me to make PayPal payments to him in that name. When I had to respond on publicly-viewable to his actions re the former MF website in October/November, what reason was there for me not to give his name? It hasn't caused him any problems, has it?

Besides, Stephen Marsden has a controversial track record for publicly outing several people, e.g. on 3As, something he was able to do given his IP-address tracing
skills. He would surely be the last person to complain aboput 'outing'?

I can hardly credit that you posted that twaddle. You quite deliberately outed him. You knew full well that he jealously guarded his real identity, and you also know that it could cause him problems legally because of the nature of his many and various websites.

Of course I am aware of his outing of others. So were you, when you were working closely with him and giving him your full support. He has done it for years - even cyberstalked female posters. You never had a problem with that up to now.

So how did this sort of action make you look, Mr Bennett?

Like a nasty and vindictive individual, who once his little world starts to go awry, simply turns the heat up on others. I hate Marsden's guts and think he is a creepy and odious character, but then I always did.

But to see you take the moral high ground in these circumstances is simply sickening.
preciousramotswe

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 04.12.09 16:41

badmanners wrote:I have no idea about the postcards question but I do know that TB was the first person who ever put Steve Marsden's name into the public domain.

There was no reason for him to do this whatsoever.

Was he? well some nutter emailed me with it weeks ago, long before I saw it online (as if I am interested)

BTW It wasnt Tony as he doesnt have the email address it was sent to. It was Mr anonymous. wow
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 04.12.09 16:43

badmanners wrote:... and you also know that it could cause him problems legally because of the nature of his many and various websites. Of course I am aware of his outing of others. So were you, when you were working closely with him and giving him your full support. He has done it for years - even cyberstalked female posters. You never had a problem with that up to now...
Er, I knew about his other sites like 'Dogs Don't Lie' and 'TruthForMadeleine', I didn't know about the other ones you mentioned, save to say that I knew he set up people's websites and maintained them commercially.

He was our webmaster; that does not mean by a long chalk that I approved of all that he did in his other lives when he was not our webmaster.

When did I give him 'full support'? When did I ever support any of his numerous 'outings' of people on public forums? I didn't.

So you felt 'sickened'?

Hmmm, quite often I get a bit sick of a stream of unfair comments and outright falsehoods by people who snipe away on forums hiding underneath their heavy cloaks of anonymity
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.12.09 17:10

Old Nick wrote:Suzanne beware of the devil, don't let him spoil your heart

Oh STFU you moron. You are the only one trying to ruin this site with your smart-arse quips.

Theyre not funny, and neither are you
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Janz 04.12.09 17:23

lima wrote:
Old Nick wrote:Suzanne beware of the devil, don't let him spoil your heart

Oh STFU you moron. You are the only one trying to ruin this site with your smart-arse quips.

Theyre not funny, and neither are you

Tony may I ask a question please ? 2 Tony may I ask a question please ? 2 Tony may I ask a question please ? 2 Tony may I ask a question please ? 2
Janz
Janz

Activity : 94

Back to top Go down

Tony may I ask a question please ? Empty Stevo got what he deserved--a taste of his own medicine

Post by Jolie 04.12.09 17:30

badmanners wrote:Now as to Stephen Marsden and Susan(a) Menez, both now names which are public.

skills. He would surely be the last person to complain aboput 'outing'?

I can hardly credit that you posted that twaddle. You quite deliberately outed him. You knew full well that he jealously guarded his real identity, and you also know that it could cause him problems legally because of the nature of his many and various websites.

Of course I am aware of his outing of others. So were you, when you were working closely with him and giving him your full support. He has done it for years - even cyberstalked female posters. You never had a problem with that up to now.

So how did this sort of action make you look, Mr Bennett?

Like a nasty and vindictive individual, who once his little world starts to go awry, simply turns the heat up on others. I hate Marsden's guts and think he is a creepy and odious character, but then I always did.

But to see you take the moral high ground in these circumstances is simply sickening.

Stevo took advantage of the fact that Tony Bennett was willing to use his own identity in his activities related to the Madeleine McCann case and Stevo was not in the least concerned in the least for Mr. Bennett's welfare when Debbie Butler and he embarked on a public smear campaign against him online. Stevo did not allow for Mr. Bennett to defend himself on the website where accusations were being made by him and Butler. The attacks only escalated. Mr. Bennett found an effective way to stop this intentional character defamation against him. I would have done the very same thing. I suspect if you were on the end of an unfair attack upon your reputation, you may have chosen the same tactic to have it stopped.

Stevo deserved to be outed, imo. He was behaving irresponsibly and causing damage to another person's real identity. Tony Bennett just told the truth and identified him. He did not spread lies about Stevo. Stevo can face the consequences of his own actions.
Jolie
Jolie

Back to top Go down

Post by heresthetruth 04.12.09 17:35

Well said Jolie, just as Susan Menez is going to find, paybacks a bitch
heresthetruth
heresthetruth

Activity : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by preciousramotswe 04.12.09 18:13

Tony Bennett wrote:
badmanners wrote:... and you also know that it could cause him problems legally because of the nature of his many and various websites. Of course I am aware of his outing of others. So were you, when you were working closely with him and giving him your full support. He has done it for years - even cyberstalked female posters. You never had a problem with that up to now...
Er, I knew about his other sites like 'Dogs Don't Lie' and 'TruthForMadeleine', I didn't know about the other ones you mentioned, save to say that I knew he set up people's websites and maintained them commercially.

He was our webmaster; that does not mean by a long chalk that I approved of all that he did in his other lives when he was not our webmaster.

When did I give him 'full support'? When did I ever support any of his numerous 'outings' of people on public forums? I didn't.

So you felt 'sickened'?

Hmmm, quite often I get a bit sick of a stream of unfair comments and outright falsehoods by people who snipe away on forums hiding underneath their heavy cloaks of anonymity

So you admit it was quite deliberate?

Only a few posts back you said you didn't agree with outing - and the two viewpoints don't really match up, do they?

Not once did you ever raise a word of criticism of him, until he started to take actions that could get you personally in hot water.

And I haven't actually mentioned any of his websites, but if you are trying to tell me you don't know about them, or his deception over the 'Brian Johnson' affair, or his masquerading as the 'million dollar challenge' man then I don't believe you.

You sided with him when it suited you and outed him when it suited you.
preciousramotswe

Back to top Go down

Tony may I ask a question please ? Empty I didn't know that

Post by Jolie 04.12.09 19:14

badmanners said
And I haven't actually mentioned any of his websites, but if you are trying to tell me you don't know about them, or his deception over the 'Brian Johnson' affair, or his masquerading as the 'million dollar challenge' man then I don't believe you.

I didn't know Stevo was pretending to be the "million dollar challenge man" -- can anyone else confirm that this is true?
Jolie
Jolie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.12.09 19:18

aiyoyo wrote:

People would be less brazen if their personal details were known, they feel more vulnerable (hey Stevo?) So amber shouldnt complain...after all she started this madness.

To be fair, it was Bren who started it all along with her cohort mods and 'respected members'.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by baconbutty 04.12.09 19:25

Jolie - that was the general suspicion at the time, yes.

And I think a lot of us were wondering why a man of great wealth like 'Tom Franks' had got himself a free website instead of a glitzy one with all the bells and whistles!
baconbutty
baconbutty

Activity : 351

Back to top Go down

Tony may I ask a question please ? Empty Thanks, baconbutty

Post by Jolie 04.12.09 19:45

baconbutty wrote:Jolie - that was the general suspicion at the time, yes.

And I think a lot of us were wondering why a man of great wealth like 'Tom Franks' had got himself a free website instead of a glitzy one with all the bells and whistles!

I never followed that particular story in depth, just read mention of the offer made, so hadn't even seen the website.

Just went and checked it out: http://mccannmilliondollarchallenge.webs.com/

What is sad is that many people believed there really was a Tom Franks and appealed to him to use his wealth to help Sr. Amaral (see guest book section on the website).

No one likes to be fooled and taken advantage of.
Jolie
Jolie

Back to top Go down

Post by Limoncello 04.12.09 19:59

Well... I always knew that Stevo was the million dollar man. Nobody asked me
Limoncello
Limoncello

Activity : 46

http://www.light and air

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.12.09 8:48

Tony Bennett wrote: Hmmm, quite often I get a bit sick of a stream of unfair comments and outright falsehoods by people who snipe away on forums hiding underneath their heavy cloaks of anonymity

Well I quite often get very sick of a man who says he doesn't agree with outing and the next moment puts up loads of excuses why it is/was acceptable for him to out a person.
Like I get sick of the lies by a man, who says he didn't know about other sites as 'Dogs Don't Lie' and 'TruthForMadeleine' and conveniently 'forgets' to mention the Gunnill site.
A man who sends emails to forum administrators to get posters banned, calling them 'disruptive' because these posters exposed the man's lies, spin stories and halftruths.
A man who keeps nagging because other posters choose to stay anonymous. What's the use of knowing their real names? So you can google, threaten and bully them, like you tried to do to Nicked for instance?
And btw Cath is (part of) my real name.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 05.12.09 8:54

Hi Cath

May I ask why you and DeeDee have used my name as part of your email address?
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41593

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top