The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Why the McCanns' appearance yesterday was a PR disaster for them - Page 2 Mm11

Why the McCanns' appearance yesterday was a PR disaster for them - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Why the McCanns' appearance yesterday was a PR disaster for them - Page 2 Mm11

Why the McCanns' appearance yesterday was a PR disaster for them - Page 2 Regist10

Why the McCanns' appearance yesterday was a PR disaster for them

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why the McCanns' appearance yesterday was a PR disaster for them - Page 2 Empty Re: Why the McCanns' appearance yesterday was a PR disaster for them

Post by canada12 18.06.14 11:18

What would be the consequences if, on July 8, GA returned to court to report that he was unable to afford to hire another lawyer because his assets had been frozen by the McCanns, and therefore he was destitute?
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Why the McCanns' appearance yesterday was a PR disaster for them - Page 2 Empty Re: Why the McCanns' appearance yesterday was a PR disaster for them

Post by Guest 18.06.14 11:20

Miraflores wrote:They could also have been advised by Isobel Duarte to keep quiet, but having spent an hour and a half outside the courtroom getting hotter and hotter and crosser and crosser, just couldn't help themselves.

Yep.

With their inflated sense of self-importance, the enforced wait and it being too 'ot, the McCanns were wound up like those little clockwork bombs in Super Mario.

Why the McCanns' appearance yesterday was a PR disaster for them - Page 2 Mk7_bob-omb
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 18.06.14 11:21

Very interesting thoughts, Canada12.

I am wondering if the pair left Pt that day. If reports can be believed the next step of the investigation is to be the interview of 3 suspects by the PJ with SY sitting in. I read somewhere that not all the SY team flew home.

That scenario does not accord with a pre-emptive strike by GA however.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 18.06.14 11:28

Mirage wrote:Very interesting thoughts, Canada12.

I am wondering if the pair left Pt that day. If reports can be believed the next step of the investigation is to be the interview of 3 suspects by the PJ with SY sitting in. I read somewhere that not all the SY team flew home.

I too wonder if they left Portugal immediately. You'd have thought the press might have been waiting for them at the airports to grab photos and perhaps further comments - or even waiting in Rothley to snap pictures of their homecoming? We haven't seen anything in the papers about their arrival home.

I think the pre-emptive strike by GA might have been very useful if Kate and Gerry had, shortly thereafter, been invited to a police station for a conversation. They'd have been taken totally unawares, and on top of that, they'd have been extremely rattled. No advance prep and no prepared answers for tough questions.

IMO.
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 18.06.14 12:01

canada12 wrote:What would be the consequences if, on July 8, GA returned to court to report that he was unable to afford to hire another lawyer because his assets had been frozen by the McCanns, and therefore he was destitute?

I did wonder if that`s why he dismissed VdO - got no money to pay him.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 18.06.14 12:02

Miraflores wrote:They could also have been advised by Isobel Duarte to keep quiet, but having spent an hour and a half outside the courtroom getting hotter and hotter and crosser and crosser, just couldn't help themselves.
Yes I think that sums up the situation. They couldn't help themselves - and that has always been their problem  -and possibly will be their downfall
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 18.06.14 12:22

canada12 wrote:
Mirage wrote:Very interesting thoughts, Canada12.

I too wonder if they left Portugal immediately. You'd have thought the press might have been waiting for them at the airports  to grab photos and perhaps further comments - or even waiting in Rothley to snap pictures of their homecoming? We haven't seen anything in the papers about their arrival home.

I think the pre-emptive strike by GA might have been very useful if Kate and Gerry had, shortly thereafter, been invited to a police station for a conversation. They'd have been taken totally unawares, and on top of that, they'd have been extremely rattled. No advance prep and no prepared answers for tough questions.

IMO.

Yes Canada12. The pre-emptive strike by GA might well have served that purpose. Given that he is no longer an investigating officer that strategy could therefore be publicly construed as personal to him and completely divorced from the police process. 

I am not convinced that the pair have left Portugal. I also think they were as shaken and stirred as I have ever seen them. Maybe their schedule for the day was to wrap up the statements in court then, by invitation, attend the PJ in Lisbon for an update.

I am further not convinced AR and top officers came home. Yet, that must be squared with the GA accusation that British police hid evidence. However, there are British police AND British police. Namely, the MET and Leicester.

GA delivered a letter to the court. Did it contain anything other than the notification of dropping the lawyer? The reason for dropping the lawyer was given in arcane language which I am unable to fully understand. However, as a layperson I thought it sounded as if the lawyer was impeded in some way in his representational role. Could this be because events have taken a sudden turn?

IMO when are the police ever going to get to interview this couple if they don't practice a bit of carpe diem while they are together on Portuguese soil? How many more opportunities might the PJ be willing to give the Mcs to turn down all invitations to help the police with their enquiries after seven long years?
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey 18.06.14 12:41

So maybe, just maybe. The McCanns didn't fly straight home. (No proof to say they are back in England afaik). So could they still be in Portugal i wonder.

Been summoned to speak to the OG that are still there and of course the PJ. 

GA was told to purposely delay the libel and at the same time let a cat out of the bag (cremation).

All wishful thinking on my behalf.
fossey

Activity : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 18.06.14 12:50

aquila wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
utahagen wrote:Doug D wrote: "I do find it strange about the Mirror article though, as from past  evidence, I struggle to believe they would go to print without Clarrie’s approval."

I was stunned that Clarrie issued what I took to be a dare to the tabloids to publish Amaral's "they tossed her in someone's coffin" theory. Did he WANT the papers to run with that so the McCanns have more people to sue? Could the McCanns believe they are about to lose their libel case against Amaral, so Clarrie is trying to set someone else up for them to sue?
Great OP Utahagen!

Clarence is still playing the McCanns as the nice church going couple who couldn't possibly be involved in anything so grubby and macabre as disposing of a child's body.  He was looking for public outrage on the McCanns behalf.  However, as his announcement followed the fruitless searches and digs in PDL, he actually volunteered an explanation that could fill in the blanks.  He's lost the plot in my opinion.
Cristobell, he's busy fighting UKIP on the beaches of Brighton and promoting gastronomy, patriotism, charidee, bin collections, homelessness (see promoting local enterprises, charidee and patriotism for a lovely 'fusion') and generally making himself a nice caring wannabe Tory politician.

He distances himself from the McCanns.

See Clarence Mitchell on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/mitch_1uk

His retweet of a Tory party tweet with an outstanding visual 'share the facts' has the most outrageous spelling mistake in the first line.

Indeedy Clarence - Share the Facts.
I would hope the people of Brighton are much too enlightened to fall for his old speil Aquila  smilie
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 18.06.14 12:54

fossey wrote:So maybe, just maybe. The McCanns didn't fly straight home. (No proof to say they are back in England afaik). So could they still be in Portugal i wonder.

GA was told to purposely delay the libel and at the same time let a cat out of the bag (cremation).

I think I must be more down to earth than you fossey !

If the PJ approached the pair and asked them to accompany them to the station, GM would just say `Noo, we`re nae doing that, goo awey`.  Might be different if AR did so though  big grin
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey 18.06.14 14:10

Woofer wrote:
fossey wrote:So maybe, just maybe. The McCanns didn't fly straight home. (No proof to say they are back in England afaik). So could they still be in Portugal i wonder.

I think I must be more down to earth than you fossey !

If the PJ approached the pair and asked them to accompany them to the station, GM would just say `Noo, we`re nae doing that, goo awey`.  Might be different if AR did so though  big grin
Haha.

Well it would be interesting to be able to confirm the exact whereabouts of Mr and Mrs at this crucial time.

If they are still in Portugal then I don't think it would be by choice to wait until the next libel hearing.
fossey

Activity : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 18.06.14 14:55

Well, since we all believe they read this forum..

Kate and Gerry... yoo-hoo! If you've stopped spitting fire... please let us know via your usual means if you are safe and sound back in Rothley Towers! Otherwise we may have to wonder whether you've been unavoidably detained in Portugal....
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by Enid O'Dowd 18.06.14 15:10

canada12 wrote:

Kate and Gerry... yoo-hoo! If you've stopped spitting fire... please let us know via your usual means if you are safe and sound back in Rothley Towers! Otherwise we may have to wonder whether you've been unavoidably detained in Portugal....

or have you been abducted........?

Enid O'Dowd
Researcher

Activity : 132

http://www.enidodowd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 18.06.14 15:14

Enid O'Dowd wrote:or have you been abducted........?

Do you have any evidence for that, Enid ?  Mr 
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 18.06.14 15:19

Perhaps Enid just knows?
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 18.06.14 15:20

canada12 wrote:Well, since we all believe they read this forum..

perhaps they are still there,showing sy where to dig next big grin
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 18.06.14 15:27

The judge has said Amaral must find a lawyer within 10 days and if he fails to so the trial will continue regardless. As far as I know Amaral will not be making a statement when the trial resumes in July, but could it be that he has decided not to appoint another lawyer and instead represent himself, in which case it would give him the opportunity to speak in court. Maybe too risky but just a thought.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 18.06.14 15:45

PeterMac wrote:
Enid O'Dowd wrote:or have you been abducted........?

Do you have any evidence for that, Enid ?   Mr 

Having left what miniscule morals they possessed on a high shelf in apartment 5A back in 2007, I suspect the pair have been 'taken' by hubris and their bodies have been concealed by an army of lawyers and image makers.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Why the McCanns' appearance yesterday was a PR disaster for them - Page 2 Empty Newbie here...

Post by eileenb 18.06.14 21:09

Hi just joined this forum today and finding my way around it.so bear with me...but just wanted to say what excellent posts here...I see some of you think that one day the truth..whatever that may be...will out....how wonderful if it does..however I have my doubts...serious doubts..and I speak as an incurable optimistic...I hope I am eventually proved wrong.... sad Eileen
eileenb

Activity : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 18.06.14 21:49

It makes you wonder just how the rest of the Mccann's extended family manage to live their daily lives having the face of their missing little one plastered constantly over the daily tabloids with horrific stories about what may have happened to her ....I dont mean Aunty Phil, Aunty Trish or Uncle John  ( I'll never forget seeing him being interviewed and appearing, imo,  jolly and smiling for the camera so soon after little Madeleine went missing )  

I'm talking about other relatives, the ones we never see on camera,  how must they be feeling when they see her little face almost daily ?  Do they really believe the Mccann's claims of abduction and openly support the couple ?   Or do they " show " support but secretly question their story and talk about them behind their backs   ?   The Mccann's claim they have great family support but I wonder if any of the family have stopped contact because of their disgust ?   

What keeps cropping up in my mind is the story I read somewhere ( cant remember exact story and dont know if it was true either ) way back, that Gerry's sister Jackie doesn't seem to have any contact with them and was possibly the one who supposedly implied that the Mccann's had been talking about placing Madeleine with a relative before that fateful holiday ? 
  Does anyone remember this or am I having a bad day at the office ?   Anyway, all my opinion only and please delete if this post is in any way libellous and sorry, I think I have put it on the wrong thread too .
missmar1

Activity : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 18.06.14 22:17

eileenb wrote:Hi just joined this forum today and finding my way around it.so bear with me...but just wanted to say what excellent posts here...I see some of you think that one day the truth..whatever that may be...will out....how wonderful if it does..however I have my doubts...serious doubts..and I speak as an incurable optimistic...I hope I am eventually proved wrong.... sad Eileen

Welcome and `come on`eileenb   welcome 
Sorry, couldn`t resist.
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 18.06.14 22:19

Woofer wrote:
eileenb wrote:Hi just joined this forum today and finding my way around it.so bear with me...but just wanted to say what excellent posts here...I see some of you think that one day the truth..whatever that may be...will out....how wonderful if it does..however I have my doubts...serious doubts..and I speak as an incurable optimistic...I hope I am eventually proved wrong.... sad Eileen

Welcome and `come on`eileenb   welcome 
Sorry, couldn`t resist.

Lol Woofer !  I wanted to say that but felt too cheeky being a relative newbie myself !
missmar1

Activity : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by eileenb 18.06.14 22:27

I used to like that song....

A couple of questions...but I may be posting in wrong topic..bear with me please while I get the hang of things,..

1.  Does noone here worry about getting sued by the McCann Two....after all they sue anything if it stands still long enough...I'm surprised they haven't sued the cadaver dogs yet.

2.  Does anyone know why the church has never....as far as I know..had a thorough search?  If I recall correctly the priest acted a bit peculiar at the time...?

Well there is thousand questions really..at the end of the day the whole thing stinks... sad
eileenb

Activity : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 18.06.14 22:29

One of the cadaver dogs is dead - died of old age, I believe, so he is out of harm's way.
The Church - presumably lots of bodies pass the way of the Church - not a lot of point in taking a cadaver dog in there.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.06.14 22:31

eileenb - I believe someone here has been sued.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top