The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

MIRROR, MIRROR, ON THE WALL, WHOSE "EXCLUSIVE STORY" IS DAFTEST OF ALL? - Page 2 Mm11

MIRROR, MIRROR, ON THE WALL, WHOSE "EXCLUSIVE STORY" IS DAFTEST OF ALL? - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

MIRROR, MIRROR, ON THE WALL, WHOSE "EXCLUSIVE STORY" IS DAFTEST OF ALL? - Page 2 Mm11

MIRROR, MIRROR, ON THE WALL, WHOSE "EXCLUSIVE STORY" IS DAFTEST OF ALL? - Page 2 Regist10

MIRROR, MIRROR, ON THE WALL, WHOSE "EXCLUSIVE STORY" IS DAFTEST OF ALL?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MIRROR, MIRROR, ON THE WALL, WHOSE "EXCLUSIVE STORY" IS DAFTEST OF ALL? - Page 2 Empty Re: MIRROR, MIRROR, ON THE WALL, WHOSE "EXCLUSIVE STORY" IS DAFTEST OF ALL?

Post by russiandoll 10.02.14 9:57

It is throwing down the gauntlet to Redwood all right, defiant and arrogant.

The wording you have highlighted in red reads to me exactly the same as when it was posted on another thread dealing with OFM site, some weeks ago, when there was a lively debate about this statement and a discussion of almost certain [AR] and impossible to be certain [ Team McCann]. SEMANTICSRUS.

Must go and re -read that thread to spot any differences, but just reading your post now, I do not see any change in the wording.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

MIRROR, MIRROR, ON THE WALL, WHOSE "EXCLUSIVE STORY" IS DAFTEST OF ALL? - Page 2 Empty Re: MIRROR, MIRROR, ON THE WALL, WHOSE "EXCLUSIVE STORY" IS DAFTEST OF ALL?

Post by Tony Bennett 10.02.14 9:59

russiandoll wrote:It is throwing down the gauntlet to Redwood all right, defiant and arrogant.

The wording you have highlighted in red reads to me exactly the same as when it was posted on another thread dealing with OFM site, some weeks ago, when there was a lively debate about this statement and a discussion of almost certain [AR] and impossible to be certain [ Team McCann]. SEMANTICSRUS.

Must go and re -read that thread to spot any differences, but just reading your post now, I do not see any change in the wording.

In that case, I missed the other posting, sorry

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 10.02.14 10:08

Tony, this was posted on the lively thread " McCanns dispute Redwood's dismissal of Tannerman".  The crucial thing is, it is still there, still ignored despite the conflict with SY who are going down another route. It is very interesting, isn't it? Left there SEEMINGLY with the blessing of SY.

[ I also posted the official Met site update from OCTOBER 2013, which could not be clearer that HE IS GONE AND IN THE FILE MARKED CLOSED ].

tasprin on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:13 pm

FindMadeleine

Contact Us

Have you seen these men? Do you know who they might be?

These two pictures show a man carrying a child away from the family's apartment. This sighting was seen by a witness at 21:15 on the evening of Thursday, May 3rd, 2007.

Based or more recent information, the Metropolitan Police now believe this man may represent a guest at the Ocean Club who was carrying his daughter back to their apartment. However as it is not possible to be certain that these two men are actually the same person, if you have seen this man in the pictures or suspect who it may be, please contact the Metropolitan Police's OPERATION GRANGE on 0207 321 9251 (0044 207 321 9251 from outside the UK) or Operation.Grange@met.pnn.police."

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.02.14 10:26

russiandoll wrote:PP,  what a great [ simple yet nail -on- the -head ] analysis. Why I posted the JFK quote to go with my membership here.

The media are mighty and CM and co are all about PR.

The police will happily allow the smoke and mirrors to continue while they get on with establishing facts and go where the evidence leads them, they are interested in establishing what happened not what was claimed to have happened, imo.

The truth will out eventually as the lid is off the pot, it is just a matter of dogged hard work and patience.

Is Tannerman still on OFM?  If so, it is allowed to stay by the police because they are not interested in him any more but are fully aware of why he is there , imo.  He can be ignored as he is not interfering with their new lines of enquiry, and the SY site makes them very clear, regardless of media misdirection and spin.

@PP clapping 

I agree with your comments russiandoll but I think that the police are in a position where they cannot comment or take action to stop the spin coming from the McCann side.

When Tannerman was eliminated, the reason given was that he had been traced.

To stop the spin or refute all the tales of burglars, Roma, etc. etc. would require the police to give explanations as to why these various swarthies are not considered suspects.

If the articles published this weekend were not meant as distractions, maybe they were fishing expeditions to draw out information about the investigation.

That the police don't feel the need to comment, in my opinion, is a good sign.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 10.02.14 10:39

Poe, that's what I've also thought. CM and co may well be trying to get information about the investigation by prompting SY to comment. They are so keen to keep stating that SY are keeping them up to date with all developments, but I doubt they are. Where's this assistente  status they were supposed to be receiving?
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 10.02.14 10:49

russiandoll wrote:Tony, this was posted on the lively thread " McCanns dispute Redwood's dismissal of Tannerman".  The crucial thing is, it is still there, still ignored despite the conflict with SY who are going down another route. It is very interesting, isn't it? Left there SEEMINGLY with the blessing of SY.

[ I also posted the official Met site update from OCTOBER 2013, which could not be clearer that HE IS GONE AND IN THE FILE MARKED CLOSED ].

tasprin on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:13 pm

FindMadeleine

Contact Us

Have you seen these men? Do you know who they might be?

These two pictures show a man carrying a child away from the family's apartment. This sighting was seen by a witness at 21:15 on the evening of Thursday, May 3rd, 2007.

Based or more recent information, the Metropolitan Police now believe this man may represent a guest at the Ocean Club who was carrying his daughter back to their apartment. However as it is not possible to be certain that these two men are actually the same person, if you have seen this man in the pictures or suspect who it may be, please contact the Metropolitan Police's OPERATION GRANGE on 0207 321 9251 (0044 207 321 9251 from outside the UK) or Operation.Grange@met.pnn.police."

Thank you. There are so many threads on here now I can't always keep up

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 10.02.14 11:16

nglfi wrote:Poe, that's what I've also thought. CM and co may well be trying to get information about the investigation by prompting SY to comment. They are so keen to keep stating that SY are keeping them up to date with all developments, but I doubt they are. Where's this assistente  status they were supposed to be receiving?
On reading the small print, it became apparent that the McCanns' criminal lawyer in Portugal said they 'may apply' for assitente status which is somewhat different to the impression given that it was, effectively, a done deal.  

On reading some other small print, it became apparent to me that the fact Madeleine is a Ward of Court would seem to preclude any possibility that either or both of her parents can be given assistente status as parental responsibility for the child is vested in the Court.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 10.02.14 11:43

A couple of things that to me are questionable about this story,

Firstly, the dark haired man that kept 'popping up'. Is it possible that he was attracted to the woman? He may have shown interest in her daughter as a way to win her confidence

The 3 or 4 restaurants 'all with the same staff.'  How did these staff manage to work at all these restaurants simultaneously?   This actually sounds a bit paranoid to me, to think they had planned to follow her .

With all the touching, and stroking of the child going on, wouldn't any normal mother tell the bloke to F off!?

If you had been drugged and felt 'really dizzy', how exactly would you manage to rugby tackle the swarthy foreigner WHILST grabbing your child?....then you run back to your hotel and don't phone police to arrange a drug test, or go to hospital. Your caring mum doesn't even bother either!

Why was the mother not drugged, presumably she could have rescued the child, which would have spoiled the kidknap plan? Did the grandmother just sit like a sack of spuds when the foreign woman picked up her grandchild?

...so many questions   wft
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 10.02.14 12:12

Well that's good news that the assistente status is beyond their grasp! Re same staff popping up repeatedly - I've been on holiday to a resort in Cyprus a couple of times now, and I also noticed that the same staff could be seen in more than one bar/restaurant.  I also saw people serving dinner one day and breakfast the next. Honestly it didn't 'creep me out'. I thought what hard working people they were!
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 10.02.14 12:14

Did the grandmother just sit like a sack of spuds when the foreign woman picked up her grandchild?

...so many questions
---------------------------------------

What grandmother?  winkwink winkwink winkwink 
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 10.02.14 13:12

A SALUTARY TALE FOR OFFICERS AT OPERATION GRANGE?

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/plebgate-row-pc-keith-wallis-given-12-month-jail-sentence-9112442.html

“Police officers must be deterred from misconduct and the public must be able to see that condign punishment will be visited upon officers who betray the trust reposed in them.”

He had convinced himself he had witnessed the Plebgate incident based on “a vivid and compelling video in his head,” the court heard.

The son of a police officer, he was said to be “mortified” at the shame he had brought on the Met.

Wallis had 30 years’ service in the Met, including 17 years in the Diplomatic Protection Group before Plebgate blew up in September 2012.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I still TRUST DCI Redwood (just!) and hope he won't ever have to say he was 'mortified' with shame at the eventual outcome of Operation Grange.
On the 'convincing himself' bit 'based on a vivid and compelling video in his head'

Is it possible that KM and GM and JT have also 'convinced themselves in their heads, vividly and compellingly' that Madeleine WAS 'abducted'?

Despite them, collectively, not providing a scintilla of 'evidence' that an 'abduction' did, actually, in fact, occur.
-----------------------------------------------

Is there an alternative 'meaning' for collective 'convincesation' (is that even a word?) other than 'cover-up'?
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe 10.02.14 13:31

jeanmonroe wrote:
Is it possible that KM and GM and JT have also 'convinced themselves in their heads, vividly' that Madeleine was 'abducted'?

Despite them, collectively, not providing a scintilla of 'evidence' that an 'abduction' did, actually, in fact, occur.

But of course dear boy, of course, before one can even begin to convince others, one first has to convince oneself.
diatribe

Activity : 608

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 10.02.14 16:06

canada12 wrote:I find the most outrageous part of this story is the fact that the kid was eating fish fingers in the restaurant. On holiday in a foreign land noted for interesting cuisine..and the kid's eating fish fingers. Some people should never leave home.
But presumably they weren't frozen fish fingers - they'd be made to order in the restaurant's kitchen from that day's catch of sardines, or sea bass  big grin
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna 10.02.14 16:39

How I love the title of this thread! So much competition for the nuttiest story it beggars belief.
comperedna

Activity : 781

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe 10.02.14 17:10

I think its done to piss off the humourless on this forum and to feed the erudite wit of the others. big grin
diatribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth 11.02.14 22:56

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/501979-madeleine-mccann-case-another-mother-claims-gypsy-kidnappers-tried-to-take-her-child/

So they spiked her drink to steal her child, but they FORGOT to spike her mothers drink that's why they got away!

The 25 yr old man was too chatty, so she thought he wanted to snatch her child.
The couple who also spoke told her that they missed their child, so she thought they too wanted to snatch her child. 

Understood.

rotfl
Seek truth

Activity : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.02.14 15:47

Pat Brown's take on the story.

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/when-even-mccanns-cant-take-you.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe 12.02.14 16:08

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Pat Brown's take on the story.

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/when-even-mccanns-cant-take-you.html

Mind you, Pat Brown has a bit of form when it comes to propagating outrageous theories, after all, didn't she at one time promote the hypothesis that Gerry could have smuggled Madeleine's body through customs in a suitcase under the glaring eye of the police and meeja upon his return to the UK in 2007.?

I presume he went through the 'Nothing to declare' exit. big grin
diatribe

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 12.02.14 16:57

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Pat Brown's take on the story.

well pat certainly put paid to that stupid article
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 12.02.14 17:05

diatribe wrote:
Mind you, Pat Brown has a bit of form when it comes to propagating outrageous theories, after all, didn't she at one time promote the hypothesis that Gerry could have smuggled Madeleine's body through customs in a suitcase under the glaring eye of the police and meeja upon his return to the UK in 2007.?
I always thought that was "tongue in cheek" but may have been wrong.
Certainly didn't come up when we were in PdL together shunting shutters and poking around the Smithman sighting area, or going out to the West
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 12.02.14 17:12

PeterMac wrote:
diatribe wrote:
Certainly didn't come up when we were in PdL together shunting shutters and poking around the Smithman sighting area, or going out to the West
The West? I am intrigued PeterMac.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.02.14 20:02

Nina wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
diatribe wrote:
The West? I am intrigued PeterMac.
Yes, Nina. They both went "west" ...Read Pat's blogs about that :-)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 12.02.14 23:06

We went out along the coast to the west, to follow the mobile phone triangulations
Budens, Burgau, Salema, Sagres (nice sardine lunch, in the sun !) then further inland Vila de Bispo, and so on.
Lots of little villages, each with its own cemetery, each with its own beach, some with forts, much with "lawless Hinterland"
It looks a small area on a map, but when you try to second guess it becomes a big task.
But it led to some serious "theory purporting"
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 15.02.14 11:54

Anyone care to hazard a guess at what tomorrow's, Sunday 16th February 2014,  'WORLD EXCLUSIVE' Maddie 'story' will be on the FRONT page of the Sunday Mirror or Sunday Express?

Or is it the Daily Star Sunday's 'turn'?

Mirror 'exclusive'

"MADDIES FACE APPEARS ON SLICE OF TOAST!"

"I just couldn't believe it" says TrulyAwful73, "it just appeared as the slice of toast popped up. I truly believe this is a sign and i phoned the Met team straight away and i am waiting for the Met police investigators to come and collect this piece of toast erm, 'evidence'"

The spokesman for the McCann's said 'this is a significant developement in the case and Kate and Gerry are on tenterhooks, to see if the piece of toast has any connections to EGG man, idenified as the abductor of Madeleine by their friend, Jane Tanner'

Sunday Express 'World Eggclusive'

"EGG MAN CONNECTED TO MADDIE IMAGE ON TOAST"?............'SUSPECT'!

DCI Redwood of the Maddie Cops said, "although i cannot go into details, for operational reasons, I can confirm that a dozen eggs have been interviewed"

A source close to the McCanns said " the police, have kept Kate and Gerry fully informed and have told them they lined up the eggs and tapped them all, with a teaspoon, to see which one would crack first"

"Unfortunately, most of them were hard boiled criminal eggs and haven't, as yet, 'cracked'
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 16.02.14 10:50

jeanmonroe wrote:Anyone care to hazard a guess at what tomorrow's, Sunday 16th February 2014,  'WORLD EXCLUSIVE' Maddie 'story' will be on the FRONT page of the Sunday Mirror or Sunday Express?

Or is it the Daily Star Sunday's 'turn'?

Mirror 'exclusive'

"MADDIES FACE APPEARS ON SLICE OF TOAST!"

"I just couldn't believe it" says TrulyAwful73, "it just appeared as the slice of toast popped up. I truly believe this is a sign and i phoned the Met team straight away and i am waiting for the Met police investigators to come and collect this piece of toast erm, 'evidence'"

The spokesman for the McCann's said 'this is a significant developement in the case and Kate and Gerry are on tenterhooks, to see if the piece of toast has any connections to EGG man, idenified as the abductor of Madeleine by their friend, Jane Tanner'

Sunday Express 'World Eggclusive'

"EGG MAN CONNECTED TO MADDIE IMAGE ON TOAST"?............'SUSPECT'!

DCI Redwood of the Maddie Cops said, "although i cannot go into details, for operational reasons, I can confirm that a dozen eggs have been interviewed"

A source close to the McCanns said " the police, have kept Kate and Gerry fully informed and have told them they lined up the eggs and tapped them all, with a teaspoon, to see which one would crack first"

"Unfortunately, most of them were hard boiled criminal eggs and haven't, as yet, 'cracked'
 big grin  big grin  big grin
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top