The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

WHO were the 12 or 15 people, 'involved' Gerry? Mm11

WHO were the 12 or 15 people, 'involved' Gerry? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

WHO were the 12 or 15 people, 'involved' Gerry? Mm11

WHO were the 12 or 15 people, 'involved' Gerry? Regist10

WHO were the 12 or 15 people, 'involved' Gerry?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHO were the 12 or 15 people, 'involved' Gerry? Empty WHO were the 12 or 15 people, 'involved' Gerry?

Post by jeanmonroe 06.12.13 12:56

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Speaking to The Portugal News in early 2009,

Gerry McCann also insisted they would have been legally compelled to be available for a reconstruction due to their status as arguidos, even the motives of Portuguese police were questionable.

“Don’t get me wrong, we had major concerns as to why the reconstruction was being done”, arguing that “the police reconstruction was not aimed at finding Madeleine, but rather to look for inconsistencies. There were 12 or 15 people involved and it is inevitable there would be inconsistencies.”

There WERE 12 or 15 people 'involved!

THAT'S a 'revelation moment' for me, lol.

I wonder what he means  by 'INVOLVED'?

Like him to explain THAT!

Bet Andy/Met would also LOVE to know WHO they (the 12/15 people) WERE, that WERE 'involved', around the time of a little girl's 'disappearance'!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

WHO were the 12 or 15 people, 'involved' Gerry? Empty Re: WHO were the 12 or 15 people, 'involved' Gerry?

Post by Guest 06.12.13 13:13

Moved to debate section.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

WHO were the 12 or 15 people, 'involved' Gerry? Empty Re: WHO were the 12 or 15 people, 'involved' Gerry?

Post by ultimaThule 06.12.13 15:31

For information, I spotted the Portugal News article in the early hours and posted it here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wondered at the '12 to 15 people involved' and can only surmise that GM included in his calculations the couple he'd made a point of engaging in conversation when he and his spouse arrived at the Tapas Bar considerably earlier than their usual time, plus Jez Wilkins who brings the total to 12 and there would, of course, be a need for additional persons to play the part of Tanner-Crecheman and possibly Rastaman or one of two of the bar's staff.

As it not one of the subjects required for admission to a non-premier league medical schools I suspect mathematics is not the wee one's strong suit, and his use of the word 'involved' indictates that either English language is also not his forte or the performance of the pantomime required a larger cast than we have hitherto imagined.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by DonNewbery 06.12.13 15:34

jeanmonroe wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Speaking to The Portugal News in early 2009,

Gerry McCann also insisted they would have been legally compelled to be available for a reconstruction due to their status as arguidos, even the motives of Portuguese police were questionable.

“Don’t get me wrong, we had major concerns as to why the reconstruction was being done”, arguing that “the police reconstruction was not aimed at finding Madeleine, but rather to look for inconsistencies. There were 12 or 15 people involved and it is inevitable there would be inconsistencies.”

There WERE 12 or 15 people 'involved!

THAT'S a 'revelation moment' for me, lol.

I wonder what he means  by 'INVOLVED'?

Like him to explain THAT!

Bet Andy/Met would also LOVE to know WHO they (the 12/15 people) WERE, that WERE 'involved', around the time of a little girl's 'disappearance'!
Wow! That really is a revealing statement - surely one of the biggest slip-ups GM has made. Thanks for spotting.
DonNewbery

Activity : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 06.12.13 15:40

Not all of the Tapas 7were involved. Diane Webster for one.
So it makes it even more intriguing to know who he meant.
GM, KM, DP, ROB, JT makes 5
Jez W
Tannerman (Oh, sorry, wash my mouth out !)
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Trunchbull 06.12.13 15:47

I just read that as being involved with the reconstruction, not the disappearance. 

Can't really see anything suspicious in that wording.
Miss Trunchbull

Activity : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 06.12.13 15:48

PeterMac wrote:Not all of the Tapas 7were involved.  Diane Webster for one.
So it makes it even more intriguing to know who he meant.
GM,  KM,  DP,  ROB,  JT makes 5
Jez W
Tannerman (Oh, sorry, wash my mouth out !)
MAYBE this lot!
Bill Brewer, Jan Stewer, Peter Gurney, Peter Day, Daninel Whiddon, Harry Hawk,
And uncle Tom Cobbley and all.

Just passing through PDL, in their white van, on their way to Widdicombe Fair.

jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 06.12.13 15:55

Miss Trunchbull wrote:I just read that as being involved with the reconstruction, not the disappearance. 

Can you list the 12/15 people please, Gerry thinks were 'involved'.

If you list everyone around at 'the time' you'd end up with half of PDL!

Mrs Fenn, the people in flat above, Carpenters, the Smiths, waiters, everyone in tapas, etc.,

babysitters, nannies for all T9 kids

I think a Freudien slip.

But that's just me.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 06.12.13 16:08

I think it is decidedly suspicious - using the "involved" word means some sort of co-ordinated action.

So even if you think Gerry was referring to a reconstruction I think it seems as though something was "organised" about that evening. 

And who was riding the grey mare?

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Trunchbull 06.12.13 16:21

I was thinking in terms of the diners at the tapas bar, the waiting staff and possibly the Wilkins chappie in the street.

The trouble is, it's all years ago now, so a recon would be of little use imo. People simply forget things.
Miss Trunchbull

Activity : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 06.12.13 16:44

Miss Trunchbull wrote:I was thinking in terms of the diners at the tapas bar, the waiting staff and possibly the Wilkins chappie in the street.

The trouble is, it's all years ago now, so a recon would be of little use imo. People simply forget things.
"People simply forget things"

And that's where we forum members 'help them out' by remembering things!

big grin big grin big grin 

T9 'forget things they might have said'

We remind them of exactly what they did say!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 06.12.13 16:46

How did they conclude Police intended reconstruction will use 12 or 15 people?

It must be a freudian slip?

Even taking away Diane Webster and adding JW there is still 9, unless he's counting the children.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 06.12.13 16:52

Angelique wrote:I think it is decidedly suspicious - using the "involved" word means some sort of co-ordinated action.

So even if you think Gerry was referring to a reconstruction I think it seems as though something was "organised" about that evening. 

WELL.

"And who was riding the grey night mare"?

Not Gezza the jaffa, that's for sure.

He went down the ivf route!

jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.12.13 17:06

It just dawned on me reading PMs post above.
With Tannerman now being Crecheman it gives another excuse for them not to do a reconstruction. All that coming and going and hanging around chatting on one side of the road or the other can now convieniently be swept under the carpet. 

Another thing that struck me today re-listening to Redwood on CW, was that he said Crecheman had come forward himself and said that he believed that he might have been the person. SY didn't find him. He has just appeared out of nowhere. And disappeared again.
sad dontgetit What have they actually been doing for 2 1/2 years. 
They didn't find Smithman, they didn't find Crecheman. What have they found?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 06.12.13 17:18

"They didn't find Smithman, they didn't find Crecheman. What have they found"?
......................................................................................

Nearly £7 million of taxpayers money?
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 06.12.13 17:19

dantezebu wrote:It just dawned on me reading PMs post above.
With Tannerman now being Crecheman it gives another excuse for them not to do a reconstruction. All that coming and going and hanging around chatting on one side of the road or the other can now convieniently be swept under the carpet. 

Another thing that struck me today re-listening to Redwood on CW, was that he said Crecheman had come forward himself and said that he believed that he might have been the person. SY didn't find him. He has just appeared out of nowhere. And disappeared again.
sad dontgetit What have they actually been doing for 2 1/2 years. 
They didn't find Smithman, they didn't find Crecheman. What have they found?
What they found was that once you get sucked into the McCann vortex you can't stop spinning.  
spin
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 06.12.13 17:29

jeanmonroe wrote:
Angelique wrote:I think it is decidedly suspicious - using the "involved" word means some sort of co-ordinated action.

WELL.

"And who was riding the grey night mare"?

Not Gezza the jaffa, that's for sure.

He went down the ivf route!

big grin  Naughty! But true.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.12.13 17:36

Mirage wrote:

What they found was that once you get sucked into the McCann vortex you can't stop spinning.  
spin
I think you might have something there Mirage. Have you ever met a person who seems to be able to bend reality around themselves? I met one once, she was monumentally charismatic, people really did seem to fall under a spell when in her presence. Strangely I heard that she is now a doctor!

Maybe the McCanns have a bit of that, as unlikely as it seems from distant impressions of them. They do seem to have a happy knack of being able to bring people around to their way of thinking.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.12.13 17:44

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Mirage wrote:

spin
I think you might have something there Mirage. Have you ever met a person who seems to be able to bend reality around themselves? I met one once, she was monumentally charismatic, people really did seem to fall under a spell when in her presence. Strangely I heard that she is now a doctor!

Maybe the McCanns have a bit of that, as unlikely as it seems from distant impressions of them. They do seem to have a happy knack of being able to bring people around to their way of thinking.
Narcissistic charm, but surely SY wouldn't be susceptible.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers 06.12.13 20:18

It probably takes 12 - 15 people for the party to go with a swing.
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion 06.12.13 20:30

I`m sure SY is, like all police forces, familiar with charm. It`s what a lot of criminals have. The police have to have the ability to investigate with a totally objective approach. To follow the evidence regardless of impressions.
mysterion

Activity : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 06.12.13 23:01

Miss Trunchbull wrote:I just read that as being involved with the reconstruction, not the disappearance. 

Don't interpret what you think they meant. look only at the words used by the subject.

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 06.12.13 23:40

“Don’t get me wrong, (1) we had major concerns as to why the reconstruction was being done”, arguing that “the police reconstruction was not aimed at finding Madeleine, but (2) rather to look for inconsistencies. There were (3)12 or 15 people involved and it is inevitable there would be inconsistencies.”

by Hobs on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:01 pm

Don't interpret what you think they meant. look only at the words used by the subject.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hobs I'd be interested to know what you think about the three points I've highlighted, or even if you agree that these stand out more than the rest of the statement. 

I'm reckoning that "concerns" = fears. If inconsistencies are inevitable why would the police looking for them equate to fear, unless there was a reason for "inevitable" inconsistencies to be a threat. Whatever differences there were in the story they pose some sort of fear or worry for Gerry. The timelines they drew up indicated that the group were afraid of their story not hanging right from the very first instance, not something which came up later down the line. 

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 06.12.13 23:49

When did the Hotel meeting take place ? They must have come up with the numbers of 12-15 collectively.
chillyheat

Activity : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.12.13 23:53

ChillyHeat wrote:When did the Hotel meeting take place ? They must have come up with the numbers of 12-15 collectively.
Don't be silly ChillyHeat this is what it was for big grin 

'Tapas 9' in secret McCann meeting

11 Dec 2007 00:00

Kate and Gerry McCann secretly met the rest of the "Tapas Nine" amid reports Portuguese police are to re-interview them

[snipped]

The source said: "It was a show of solidarity under police claims that one or two had wanted to change their stories. That is not the case and the meeting showed that.

"It was a meeting to express support by the friends and just to see each other again. They hadn't all seen each other for months."

The friend said the reunion last month was kept secret because of the huge interest it would have generated

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum