The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New Heights of insanity - Express - Page 12 Mm11

New Heights of insanity - Express - Page 12 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New Heights of insanity - Express - Page 12 Mm11

New Heights of insanity - Express - Page 12 Regist10

New Heights of insanity - Express

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Heights of insanity - Express - Page 12 Empty Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by StraightThinking 04.11.13 8:00

Please could we have clarification from those who doubt the Smithman sighting

Are you saying that he did exist but was misidentified, or are you saying that he never existed at all?

I don't understand why MS is being accused of giving false information just to get Murat off the hook. It's difficult to describe someone from a fleeting glimpse in the dark; it's much easier to say with some conviction that it definitely wasn't someone you have previously met

So when he hears that Murat is under suspicion, it would make sense for MS to call the police and say he saw someone but it definitely wasn't RM
StraightThinking

Activity : 180

Back to top Go down

New Heights of insanity - Express - Page 12 Empty Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by Guest 04.11.13 8:15

tigger wrote:Jeremy Wilkins:
As stated in my original deposition, I believe that I left the apartment around 20h30. I calculate that I met Gerry on the road between 20h45 and 21h15. I am aware of the importance of this hour and am also aware that the media announced our meeting time as 21h05. Even if this were correct, I have no idea from where such information originated. It is not possible to give you a more exact time.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS-ROGATORY.htm

20.45 - 21.15 Jeremy Wilkins meets Gerry. 

21.20 chef AEGFP Tapas hears ‘clamour’ .

21.40 he leaves Tapas restaurant - where until moments before he’d seen the table occupied now empty. 

21.30 to 21.40. BJJW hears from Dutch owner of Atlantico restaurant. 
He then went to 5a (presumably) at 21.45 - 21.50 . 

21.30 to 22.00 receptionist OC HJSL contacted by Tapas rest. He immediately contacted GNR in Lagos. After this father and John Hill arrived and he phoned GNR again. 

21.45.Waiter RAEDLO saw no one at the tapas table. 
Fitness instructor/waiter JRS between 21.30 and 22.00 spoke to DW . 

21.55 Smith family see man and child approx.

21.58 Exact time. MMMdS leaves apt. at (exact time) to car park block 6. Passing block 5 saw no movement of people and no vehicle except small car - grey in colour close to the window of 5a. Saw a light in the apartment above 5a and in 5a. Nothing abnormal. 

22.00 (after) RRSB and wife on veranda in apt. Heard noises . GM seen and spoken to. Both went down and helped search. 

22.00 to 22.30 Waiter JJMB beween in kitchen, alerted that a guest entered the restaurant screaming and entire group left.
So GM had from 20.45 (21.15?) till after 22.00 to do what exactly?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DurhamGuy1967 04.11.13 8:16

Estelle wrote:
tigger wrote:Jeremy Wilkins:
As stated in my original deposition, I believe that I left the apartment around 20h30. I calculate that I met Gerry on the road between 20h45 and 21h15. I am aware of the importance of this hour and am also aware that the media announced our meeting time as 21h05. Even if this were correct, I have no idea from where such information originated. It is not possible to give you a more exact time.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS-ROGATORY.htm

20.45 - 21.15 Jeremy Wilkins meets Gerry. 

21.20 chef AEGFP Tapas hears ‘clamour’ .

21.40 he leaves Tapas restaurant - where until moments before he’d seen the table occupied now empty. 

21.30 to 21.40. BJJW hears from Dutch owner of Atlantico restaurant. 
He then went to 5a (presumably) at 21.45 - 21.50 . 

21.30 to 22.00 receptionist OC HJSL contacted by Tapas rest. He immediately contacted GNR in Lagos. After this father and John Hill arrived and he phoned GNR again. 

21.45.Waiter RAEDLO saw no one at the tapas table. 
Fitness instructor/waiter JRS between 21.30 and 22.00 spoke to DW . 

21.55 Smith family see man and child approx.

21.58 Exact time. MMMdS leaves apt. at (exact time) to car park block 6. Passing block 5 saw no movement of people and no vehicle except small car - grey in colour close to the window of 5a. Saw a light in the apartment above 5a and in 5a. Nothing abnormal. 

22.00 (after) RRSB and wife on veranda in apt. Heard noises . GM seen and spoken to. Both went down and helped search. 

22.00 to 22.30 Waiter JJMB beween in kitchen, alerted that a guest entered the restaurant screaming and entire group left.
Thanks, Tigger, I had not seen this before.
more detail here http://www.mccannfiles.com/id229.html

It seems to me there are 2 incompatible time lines. 
1. The Tapas 9 statements and the sticker book
2. The independant witnesses at the Tapas bar area
DurhamGuy1967

Activity : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by StraightThinking 04.11.13 8:21

DurhamGuy1967 wrote:It seems to me there are 2 incompatible time lines. 
1. The Tapas 9 statements and the sticker book
2. The independant witnesses at the Tapas bar area
And the time between the chef's clamour (21.20) and the time when the T9 (probably erroneously) believed the alarm was raised (22.00) are the "missing minutes"

40 minutes which don't exist

A lot can happen in 40 minutes
StraightThinking

Back to top Go down

Post by dunn 04.11.13 8:47

sonic72 wrote:
Sockpuppet wrote:
Okeydokey wrote:I agree - if you believe the Smithman sighting is of GMcC you have to also believe that GMcC took this risk despite having bumped into JW about 40 mins earlier.  Surely that would have made you feel that this was a v. high risk strategy! How could you be sure you wouldn't bump into him again, or some other holiday acquaintance?
But less high risk than being found with a dead daughter in apartment 5A.
There was no risk of being found with a dead daughter in apartment 5A. They are not exactly going to report her missing whilst she is still dead in the apartment! So they would not have been found with a dead child in the apartment, unless someone reported it.
I think that's Sockpuppet's point sonic. Weighing up the risks in the short time available to action a plan, it was better to risk being seen than to risk the latter.
dunn

Activity : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by StraightThinking 04.11.13 8:52

But if they hadn't raised the alarm, nobody would have found a dead M in 5a anyway (unless she was initially missing, alarm raised, then found dead minutes later)

If she was initally found dead, she could just have been taken away and the alarm raised hours later

So I don't think that happened
StraightThinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle 04.11.13 9:00

StraightThinking wrote:But if they hadn't raised the alarm, nobody would have found a dead M in 5a anyway (unless she was initially missing, alarm raised, then found dead minutes later)

If she was initally found dead, she could just have been taken away and the alarm raised hours later

Good point.
Estelle
Estelle

Activity : 471

Back to top Go down

Post by dunn 04.11.13 9:10

StraightThinking wrote:But if they hadn't raised the alarm, nobody would have found a dead M in 5a anyway (unless she was initially missing, alarm raised, then found dead minutes later)

Raised hours later as what? and abduction while we were sleeping? An abduction while at breakfast? An abduction the next night where people have time to doubt and back out?

IMO no, in the panic, better to invent unlocked doors, enough checks to appear like it was normal to leave the children alone, open a window and slot an abduction in between these times.
dunn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sockpuppet 04.11.13 9:36

GPD wrote:
sonic72 wrote:
Sockpuppet wrote:
Okeydokey wrote:I agree - if you believe the Smithman sighting is of GMcC you have to also believe that GMcC took this risk despite having bumped into JW about 40 mins earlier.  Surely that would have made you feel that this was a v. high risk strategy! How could you be sure you wouldn't bump into him again, or some other holiday acquaintance?
There was no risk of being found with a dead daughter in apartment 5A. They are not exactly going to report her missing whilst she is still dead in the apartment! So they would not have been found with a dead child in the apartment, unless someone reported it.
I think that's Sockpuppet's point sonic. Weighing up the risks in the short time available to action a plan, it was better to risk being seen than to risk the latter.
Yes, indeed - and if you read the rogatory interview of J.R.Salcedas, it seems that a search was already underway and people outside of the Tapas group were aware *before* he heard a woman scream.  This could indicate that Madeleine was found at this point, leaving GM two choices - to face the law and the media (something a narcissist would avoid at all cost), or to hide the body.

Sockpuppet

Activity : 196

Back to top Go down

Post by susible 04.11.13 9:53

Sockpuppet wrote:
GPD wrote:
sonic72 wrote:
Sockpuppet wrote:
Yes, indeed - and if you read the rogatory interview of J.R.Salcedas, it seems that a search was already underway and people outside of the Tapas group were aware *before* he heard a woman scream.  This could indicate that Madeleine was found at this point, leaving GM two choices - to face the law and the media (something a narcissist would avoid at all cost), or to hide the body.
Although I have now spoken to Tony privately about his reasons to disbelieve Smith, I have concluded that I am still of the same opinion that I held previously and I totally agree that the entire episode was carried out in a state of panic, leaving no time to weigh up the pro's and cons of the situation.

Furthermore, in my opinion, the McCanns would have been forensically aware re: cadaver scent and probably wanted to get Madeleine out of the apartment as quickly as possible to avoid this (didn't work though) and I imagine they just wanted to get her as far away from the apartment (and of course their other children) as soon as they could.

This is why I also believe that whatever happened was on the 3rd rather than before, because if they did have time to plan it more carefully, it would not have been the shambles that it turned out to be, and doubtless they would have had time to jemmy the shutters and leave a false trail, but they didn't have time for that in my opinion.
susible

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 04.11.13 10:01

I don't think they were forensically aware at the time of 3rd May, but played a frantic game of catch up after the event. If they had been forensically aware, they would know:

About blood detection dogs, laminal etc
About cadavar odour (clothes, floor, cuddle cat, car etc)
Kate's fingerprints on window
Lichen on windowsill
Fingerprints on doors inside

All the dodgy excuses and changing stories were to allow for the fact that their story could not be substantiated by forensics, therefore by increments they changed matters as each new thing occurred to them IMO.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by dunn 04.11.13 10:09

Although I have now spoken to Tony privately about his reasons to disbelieve Smith, I have concluded that I am still of the same opinion that I held previously and I totally agree that the entire episode was carried out in a state of panic, leaving no time to weigh up the pro's and cons of the situation.

Furthermore, in my opinion, the McCanns would have been forensically aware re: cadaver scent and probably wanted to get Madeleine out of the apartment as quickly as possible to avoid this (didn't work though) and I imagine they just wanted to get her as far away from the apartment (and of course their other children) as soon as they could.

This is why I also believe that whatever happened was on the 3rd rather than before, because if they did have time to plan it more carefully, it would not have been the shambles that it turned out to be, and doubtless they would have had time to jemmy the shutters and leave a false trail, but they didn't have time for that in my opinion.
I agree with the above synopsis of events of May 3 in completion. I am not privy to Tony's reasons for doubting the Smith sightings, however, unless Smith had told him directly that, 'He was only having a laugh' it would not give me reason to stretch this conspiracy into creating futher tangents - until we eventually arrive at a situation where there is a theory that the country Portugal itself does not actually exist.
dunn

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 04.11.13 10:21

GPD wrote:
For me the actions took place on 3rd, but the death probably during the evening / night of 2nd / 3rd, with the body, stiff, cold and leaking fluids and found behind the sofa on 3rd.
Hence all the frantic washing of random garments for "tea stains" - ( why bother when you are going home in 2 days anyway.)  
Gerry taking the afternoon off tennis for his ruptured Achilles tendon, which miraculously healed before the evening session
Dodgy photo
Even more dodgy explanations of Madeleine being tired and having to go to bed before anyone else saw her
Tapas group making themselves scarce and ALL going to the Paraiso
and so on
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16581

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 04.11.13 10:25

I have never actually seen the so called blue bag in its entirety,i catch sight of a blue bag in cupboard ,but it could be a long holder people use instead of suitcase. Or on the other hand it could be much smaller hand luggage type ,has anyone seen one being carried ? I ask as I just cant guess its size from what I have seen joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by dunn 04.11.13 10:28

PeterMac wrote:
GPD wrote:
For me the actions took place on 3rd, but the death probably during the evening / night of 2nd / 3rd, with the body, stiff, cold and leaking fluids and found behind the sofa on 3rd.
Hence all the frantic washing of random garments for "tea stains" - ( why bother when you are going home in 2 days anyway.)  
Gerry taking the afternoon off tennis for his ruptured Achilles tendon, which miraculously healed before the evening session
Dodgy photo
Even more dodgy explanations of Madeleine being tired and having to go to bed before anyone else saw her
and so on
Hi Petermac ... Sorry, I misused the 'Quote' feature .. It was actually Susible who composed the above, apologies Susible.
dunn

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 04.11.13 10:30

Wondering if there is any milage that someone was paid to take maddies body away during the evening?
notlongnow

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Sockpuppet 04.11.13 10:33

notlongnow wrote:Wondering if there is any milage that someone was paid to take maddies body away during the evening?
There would be mileage in it if there was any evidence that pointed in that direction.  Is there any?

Sockpuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum 04.11.13 10:50

GPD wrote:Portugal itself does not actually exist.
You heard it here first :-)

Activity : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by bellum 04.11.13 11:01

Four weeks ago we had the Crimewatch.  I wonder how far are the police now. I hope that they are about to get Tapas 9 in Praia da Luz, for the reconstruction. My feeling is telling me that it will happen one of these days.
Fortunately there are 1000s of Britons in Algarve, I hope they will warn the media.
bellum

Activity : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 04.11.13 11:03

PeterMac wrote:
GPD wrote:
Dodgy photo
and so on
I tend to agree with your thoughts PeterMac but the only thing I just don't understand is how anyone could act normally and go to dinner that evening, surely it is beyond most people, if you had found your child dead you would be in an utter state, to the point of being mad and inconsolable with grief?

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sockpuppet 04.11.13 11:06

bristow wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
GPD wrote:
Dodgy photo
and so on
I tend to agree with your thoughts PeterMac but the only thing I just don't understand is how anyone could act normally and go to dinner that evening, surely it is beyond most people, if you had found your child dead you would be in an utter state, to the point of being mad and inconsolable with grief?
Yes, I'm with you there bristow, also the scream that J.R.Salcedas heard does it for me.  Kate especially was described by witnesses as if she was inconsolable with grief that evening.  I can either believe these reports, or believe that Kate is a psychopath.  I prefer the former.

Sockpuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by BRODFB 04.11.13 11:10

PeterMac wrote:
GPD wrote:
and so on
Though more risk at the Kids Club if one of the employees had got to know MM...

Activity : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 04.11.13 11:11

Sockpuppet wrote:
notlongnow wrote:Wondering if there is any milage that someone was paid to take maddies body away during the evening?
There would be mileage in it if there was any evidence that pointed in that direction.  Is there any?
Not sure,was asking earlier if there was any reported car movement during the evening of the 3rd.
notlongnow

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by galena 04.11.13 11:54

Okeydokey wrote:
sonic72 wrote:I don't think people are claiming the Smith's are lying, just that the person they saw might not have much relevance.

Personally I think Gerry and co would not have carried a dead child through the streets, he/they would have concealed her in something, perhaps the blue bag that has been talked about.

It's too high risk if you are trying to claim the child was abducted.

This is why I personally feel Smithman is no relevance to this in the grand scheme of things..

Any thoughts?
I agree - if you believe the Smithman sighting is of GMcC you have to also believe that GMcC took this risk despite having bumped into JW about 40 mins earlier.  Surely that would have made you feel that this was a v. high risk strategy! How could you be sure you wouldn't bump into him again, or some other holiday acquaintance?
I have to agree that with you on this and am kind of wondering what could have made Gerry take such a high risk strategy of carrying a child's body around PDL, without even the precaution of placing it in a bag of some sort?  Some argue that it would seem more natural to carry a 'sleeping' child but if he had to hide the body when he met with JW and then get JT to invent 'bundleman' to cover his encounter with the Smiths clearly it was a strategy which would only work if he met nobody - which seems unlikely in the circumstances. (And it could have been worse, the Smiths might have gone to the PJ the very next day with the sighting when their memories would have been fresh).

People are arguing that an abductor would never have taken the risk of carrying a child like that - so why would GM take that risk either?

I wouldn't go as far as Tony in saying that the story is made up but I don't feel convinced enough of its veracity to incorporate it into any theories.  If it is true, I can only say that the whole idea of a Tapas conspiracy must be wrong and that Kate and Gerry must have acted alone.  Tannerman very likely did exist and JT really believed that she had seen the abductor. I simply can't believe that a group of highly intelligent professional people wouldn't be able to come up with a better way of body disposal than the father carrying the child in pyjamas throughout a resort from 21.30 - 2200 hrs at a time when people were likely to still be around.
galena

Activity : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 04.11.13 12:05

galena wrote:
Okeydokey wrote:
sonic72 wrote:I don't think people are claiming the Smith's are lying, just that the person they saw might not have much relevance.

Personally I think Gerry and co would not have carried a dead child through the streets, he/they would have concealed her in something, perhaps the blue bag that has been talked about.

It's too high risk if you are trying to claim the child was abducted.

This is why I personally feel Smithman is no relevance to this in the grand scheme of things..

Any thoughts?
I agree - if you believe the Smithman sighting is of GMcC you have to also believe that GMcC took this risk despite having bumped into JW about 40 mins earlier.  Surely that would have made you feel that this was a v. high risk strategy! How could you be sure you wouldn't bump into him again, or some other holiday acquaintance?
I have to agree that with you on this and am kind of wondering what could have made Gerry take such a high risk strategy of carrying a child's body around PDL, without even the precaution of placing it in a bag of some sort?  Some argue that it would seem more natural to carry a 'sleeping' child but if he had to hide the body when he met with JW and then get JT to invent 'bundleman' to cover his encounter with the Smiths clearly it was a strategy which would only work if he met nobody - which seems unlikely in the circumstances. (And it could have been worse, the Smiths might have gone to the PJ the very next day with the sighting when their memories would have been fresh).

People are arguing that an abductor would never have taken the risk of carrying a child like that - so why would GM take that risk either?

I wouldn't go as far as Tony in saying that the story is made up but I don't feel convinced enough of its veracity to incorporate it into any theories.  If it is true, I can only say that the whole idea of a Tapas conspiracy must be wrong and that Kate and Gerry must have acted alone.  Tannerman very likely did exist and JT really believed that she had seen the abductor. I simply can't believe that a group of highly intelligent professional people wouldn't be able to come up with a better way of body disposal than the father carrying the child in pyjamas throughout a resort from 21.30 - 2200 hrs at a time when people were likely to still be around.
jt never saw anyone,i dont thing she was even on the road ,also why would  eggman turn up all off a sudden after 6 years and with a pair of jimjams that he had saved,my thinking is gerry was seen by the smiths and jt was told and that's why she lied about seeing eggman. If you believe in eggman then Wilkins must be in on it too,as he said he never saw jt,gerry couldnt say he did see jt otherwise I am sure Wilkins would have had something to say about a downright lie.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top