The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New Heights of insanity - Express - Page 8 Mm11

New Heights of insanity - Express - Page 8 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New Heights of insanity - Express - Page 8 Mm11

New Heights of insanity - Express - Page 8 Regist10

New Heights of insanity - Express

Page 8 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Heights of insanity - Express - Page 8 Empty Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by littlepixie 03.11.13 19:28

I am behind on the thread but going back to Tonys' suggestion that there never was a Smith sighting, that it was invented after Murat was arrested to make people believe that Murat wasn't anything to do with the disappearance of the child -

I presume that going by Tonys' theory Mr Smith rang the Police after a visit from Brian Kennedy?

What is the link between BK and Murat (and please don't say Jehovahs Witness) big grin 

Why did Mr Smith suddenly ring in and say he now thought it was Gerry McCann he saw?

I thought BK "liked" the McCanns??
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

New Heights of insanity - Express - Page 8 Empty Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by sami 03.11.13 19:31

Tony, thanks for responding, lots to consider.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.11.13 19:38

bellum wrote:there are a  lot of new people here.  where are the usual ones?
Because the usual ones, me for instance, are getting a bit weary with the discussion ... ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum 03.11.13 19:41

Châtelaine wrote:
Because the usual ones, me for instance, are getting a bit weary with the discussion ... ?
Same here. Too many 'what ifs?' going around without much evidence to lend them credibility. It's like going off down rabbit holes. Fun (probably) but tiring.

Activity : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 03.11.13 19:44

I am interested in the BK involvement. I have never believed for one minute he was involved in this because he was a charitable person.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.11.13 19:45

Châtelaine wrote:
and because the 'usual ones' are considering newbies' posts and hoping they read the files, search this forum, look at previous discussions and contribute in an informed way?

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13360

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 03.11.13 19:48

Another Irish man describing Gerry getting off the plane......

05-01-Apensos V, Vol 1, Pages 131
apenso5_vol_1_Page131
APENSOS V, Volume I, Supposed Sightings and Locations (FILE 01)....(PDF Page 119)....Page 137?"  Handwritten Richard McCluskey statement"
Page 137 (Page 1 of 1) (Copied and pasted from the Page 131 reference)
Statement made 12th September 2007

I am the above named person and I live at an address know to Police. In early May 2007 myself and my wife were on holiday in Portugal. I have already provided a witness statement in relation to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. I would like to add the following;

The events of the past week or so, with the McCanns being very much in the news, have triggered my memory in relation to the incident.

In my original statement I described a distressed female who ran down a road towards a white van I had described.

Having viewed recent news footage of Mrs McCann I am now almost certain that she is the female I described as being in a distressed state. I say this because of her slight build, high cheekbones and her eyes and hairstyle.

I've agonised for days over whether or not to contact the police about this because it is a terrible thing to accuse somebody of. It had just not crossed my mind that the child?s parents could in some way be involved in her disappearance.

I have watched a good deal of news coverage about the McCanns over the past week or so. Another thing which has played on my mind is the coverage of Mr McCann walking off the aeroplane holding one of his young children. The way he was holding the child over his left shoulder reminded me of the man carrying the child from the white van in Portugal.

Although I could not describe the male I'd seen in Portugal because he had his back to me, it was the particular way Mr. McCann held the child that made me think. He held the child over his left shoulder with his left arm supporting the child?s weight.

The child's head was sort of hanging over behind Mr. McCann, this made me think back to the night in Portugal and it just looked like the same person.

(signed).......R McCluskey 
chillyheat

Activity : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by susible 03.11.13 19:49

aquila wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
and because the 'usual ones' are considering newbies' posts and hoping they read the files, search this forum, look at previous discussions and contribute in an informed way?
To be fair though, there are many people who are new to this forum, but not to the case and have posted elsewhere in the past, but I think the CW debacle has brought many posters back into the fray and have joined here as a result.

susible

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.11.13 19:51

susible wrote:
aquila wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
To be fair though, there are many people who are new to this forum, but not to the case and have posted elsewhere in the past, but I think the CW debacle has brought many posters back into the fray and have joined here as a result.
Totally agree...just don't understand why someone would even bother to ask where the usual ones are.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 03.11.13 19:56

Regarding Smithman, Tony Bennett wrote: "when they used it in the 2009 documentary, spent FIVE PAGES of their book developing it further in 2011"

Sorry, but have I been reading the facts wrong? I thought Kate suppressed all mention of the Smith sighting in her book and the McCanns kept it quiet, hence the writing of the Sunday Times article.

Tony, are you now telling us that Kate spent 5 pages in her book talking about the Smith sighting? Or am I misunderstanding you? And if that's the case, then the Sunday Times article is wrong?
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 03.11.13 19:58

ChillyHeat wrote:Another Irish man describing Gerry getting off the plane......

05-01-Apensos V, Vol 1, Pages 131
apenso5_vol_1_Page131
APENSOS V, Volume I, Supposed Sightings and Locations (FILE 01)....(PDF Page 119)....Page 137?"  Handwritten Richard McCluskey statement"
Page 137 (Page 1 of 1) (Copied and pasted from the Page 131 reference)
Statement made 12th September 2007

I am the above named person and I live at an address know to Police. In early May 2007 myself and my wife were on holiday in Portugal. I have already provided a witness statement in relation to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. I would like to add the following;

The events of the past week or so, with the McCanns being very much in the news, have triggered my memory in relation to the incident.

In my original statement I described a distressed female who ran down a road towards a white van I had described.

Having viewed recent news footage of Mrs McCann I am now almost certain that she is the female I described as being in a distressed state. I say this because of her slight build, high cheekbones and her eyes and hairstyle.

I've agonised for days over whether or not to contact the police about this because it is a terrible thing to accuse somebody of. It had just not crossed my mind that the child?s parents could in some way be involved in her disappearance.

I have watched a good deal of news coverage about the McCanns over the past week or so. Another thing which has played on my mind is the coverage of Mr McCann walking off the aeroplane holding one of his young children. The way he was holding the child over his left shoulder reminded me of the man carrying the child from the white van in Portugal.

Although I could not describe the male I'd seen in Portugal because he had his back to me, it was the particular way Mr. McCann held the child that made me think. He held the child over his left shoulder with his left arm supporting the child?s weight.

The child's head was sort of hanging over behind Mr. McCann, this made me think back to the night in Portugal and it just looked like the same person.

(signed).......R McCluskey 
I have never understood this statement. IIRC the couple were identified and were not the McCanns? The statement is VERY similar to Mr Smiths though isn't it.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 03.11.13 20:00

aquila wrote:
Totally agree...just don't understand why someone would even bother to ask where the usual ones are.
The person that asked that question has only made 14 posts, and they were asking that question like they were a 'regular' or something?! Weird.

Some people do discuss pointless stuff and go down unnecessary 'rabbit holes' whilst completely ignoring important information, like the stuff I posted about Kate & Gerry's Arguido statements concerning their responses to cadaver dogs etc (page 18 this thread).

sonic72
sonic72

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by BRODFB 03.11.13 20:03

sonic72 wrote:
aquila wrote:
The person that asked that question has only made 14 posts, and they were asking that question like they were a 'regular' or something?! Weird.

Some people do discuss pointless stuff and go down unnecessary 'rabbit holes' whilst completely ignoring important information, like the stuff I posted about Kate & Gerry's Arguido statements concerning their responses to cadaver dogs etc (page 18 this thread).
Many of us do read the evidence before wading in...
BRODFB
BRODFB

Activity : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.11.13 20:06

sonic72 wrote:
aquila wrote:

...and what a great post/point you made Sonic. As a 'usual one' I read it and fully understand its substance but it got buried in the following nonsense.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by susible 03.11.13 20:11

I'm still waiting for the straightforward explanation for dismissing the Smith sighting from Tony, which he said he would pm to me as it was too sensitive to post on the forum.  I know people can be busy etc, but that was nearly an hour ago, and obviously I am not going to post anymore thoughts about the Smith sighting until I've read what he has to say.

Sonic, yes the interviews were very interesting, it is clear they are trying to avoid the obvious questions about the EVRD dogs, when most normal people who had nothing to do with their daughter's disappearance would have been in pieces at the very suggestion she was dead.  I'm sure though (in the absence of information to the contrary) that SY are well aware of these statements and the dogs findings, but are working to eliminate all other possibilities until they can focus on the true suspects.

susible

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 03.11.13 20:14

Susible, I hope Tony could send it to me too as I am really interested in this.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Back to top Go down

Post by susible 03.11.13 20:18

Yes Littlepixie, it's all very well for Tony to have his reasons for believing that the Smith sighting is a less than honest account, but for the rest of us who are not so much in the loop it is very frustrating to have our long held beliefs being knocked down without any explanation whatsoever
susible

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonGoddess 03.11.13 20:21

Tony Bennett wrote:
MoonGoddess wrote:Is it a myth that one of the Smith party asked ‘oh is she sleeping’?
It is claimed on behalf of - but not by - Mrs Mary Smith that she spoke to Smithman and challenged the man, asking if he was sleeping, but he is said to have put his head down and not answered, carrying on walking.

I can find no verbal or written statement by Mrs Smith confirming that.

Mrs Smith did not apparently travel to Portugal along with her husband and two children to confirm this encounter by way of a witness statement.
Thank You Tony roses

Activity : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.11.13 20:24

MoonGoddess wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
MoonGoddess wrote:Is it a myth that one of the Smith party asked ‘oh is she sleeping’?
It is claimed on behalf of - but not by - Mrs Mary Smith that she spoke to Smithman and challenged the man, asking if he was sleeping, but he is said to have put his head down and not answered, carrying on walking.

I can find no verbal or written statement by Mrs Smith confirming that.

Mrs Smith did not apparently travel to Portugal along with her husband and two children to confirm this encounter by way of a witness statement.
Thank You Tony roses
Mary Smith made a statement I think but it is not in the files we have, but it is withheld for some reason, I wonder why.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by oakeso 03.11.13 20:26

susible wrote:Yes Littlepixie, it's all very well for Tony to have his reasons for believing that the Smith sighting is a less than honest account, but for the rest of us who are not so much in the loop it is very frustrating to have our long held beliefs being knocked down without any explanation whatsoever
Same here, I have a lot of respect for Tony but would need to understand his reasons.

Activity : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 03.11.13 20:28

oakeso wrote:
susible wrote:Yes Littlepixie, it's all very well for Tony to have his reasons for believing that the Smith sighting is a less than honest account, but for the rest of us who are not so much in the loop it is very frustrating to have our long held beliefs being knocked down without any explanation whatsoever
Same here, I have a lot of respect for Tony but would need to understand his reasons.
It would help with my headache because my head is mushed from trying to figure it all out.   I was beginning to think I was particular stupid.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

New Heights of insanity - Express - Page 8 Empty All lying?

Post by MarleneP 03.11.13 20:29

At the moment it looks to me like this:
The two sightings were invented to relieve somebody. Tanner  protected Gerry and Smith wanted to take Murat from the firing line. 
Why the two needed help?
The sightings helped McCanns for their abduction theory.
If there were no sightings and no kidnapping, two suspects remain: Gerry and Murat.
Has Murat tknown the tractor driver, who died in 2009 of accidental death?
MarleneP

Activity : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 03.11.13 20:32

littlepixie wrote:Susible, I hope Tony could send it to me too as I am really interested in this.
Yes I will do this.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.11.13 20:32

How would an innocent witness feel to come forward in this case?

Seriously ask yourself if you had information would you risk having Team McCann and the media blight rip your world apart for being an honest person and doing the decent thing?

Would you like to have your life shredded because you might have a piece of information that may or may not be of any significance?

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 03.11.13 20:33

PeterMac wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/440816/Did-panicking-kidnapper-plan-to-leave-injured-Madeleine-McCann-with-medics

Did panicking kidnapper plan to leave 'injured' Madeleine McCann with medics?

WHOEVER kidnapped Madeleine McCann may have intended to leave her outside a doctor’s surgery after she was injured in a burglary gone wrong, it was claimed last night.
By: James Murray
Published: Sun, November 3, 2013
The key sighting of the potential prime suspect carrying a sleeping child happened in a small road just yards away from Luzdoc, the medical centre in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz.
British residents Julie and Colin Kimber have been trying to work out why an abductor would risk taking a three-year-old into a fairly busy area of bars and restaurants just before 10pm on May 3, 2007.
Looking at the exact point of the sighting, Mr Kimber said: “You have to ask yourself why he was heading down the hill in this direction when he must have known there were more people about.
“Maybe a burglary went wrong and the child was injured and then he thought he should take her to the medical centre, panicked and then took her away.
“If he was taking her to someone in a car he would not have arranged the rendezvous in this area because too many people would be around. Why risk being seen by somebody?”
Another possibility being considered is that an abductor lived locally and took Madeleine to his property after kidnapping her from the family’s holiday apartment at the Ocean Club.
You have to ask yourself why he was heading down the hill in this direction
Mr Kimber added: “Ever since the Crimewatch programme, which placed great emphasis on this key sighting, we have been trying to work it out, but the route is baffling.
“There is a real village community in Luz and everybody has been thinking hard about if they saw anyone who looked like the man in the e-fit.”
Another theory is that an abductor may have taken Madeleine to one of several derelict buildings and gardens, all just yards from where Irish holidaymaker Martin Smith and other members of his family saw the e-fit man carrying a child.
Directly opposite the sighting is a junction with two derelict houses.
A small doorway leads into the garden.
Today, by looking over the wall, it seems someone has been living in the garden. There is an open toilet and a hose pipe shower with a curtain rail, table and chairs and signs of an open fire.
One of the buildings is owned by a German woman who uses it to house bikes for rent to holidaymakers. The other property is up for sale.
Neither owner wished to comment last week. It is understood the gardens were thoroughly searched when Madeleine vanished but locals could not recall seeing police enter any derelict buildings.
In recent months police have been active in this key area of the resort. One resident, who declined to be named, said: “They have been up and down the road, day and night.
“Some people reckon the man was on his way to the rocky coastline a few hundred yards away to take her away in a boat, but that would be very tricky at night.
“This renewed police activity is good because people want this solved once and for all.”
Luz residents have been sceptical of reports that a sacked Ocean Club worker may be the abductor. He died in a tractor accident four years ago.
The 40-year-old was a petty criminal with a drug problem but last week his widow said he was “incapable of touching a child” and there was nothing in his criminal file about being a paedophile.
Almost beyond parody !
We now have a Cape Verde Islander, whose face is made up to look caucasian, who found Madeleine injured during a burglary, and is taking her to the medical centre . . .
Not even Mitchell could come up with this sort of stuff, surely.
Need another coffee !
Would this Colin Kimber just happen to be the Colin Kimber who works for Emcor Facilities, part of the Emcor Group which is a Partner to P.A.C.T charity?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11199

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top