The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

May 07- a football fest Mm11

May 07- a football fest Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

May 07- a football fest Mm11

May 07- a football fest Regist10

May 07- a football fest

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

May 07- a football fest Empty May 07- a football fest

Post by marxman 13.10.13 18:48

On Tuesday evening the 1st of May 07, live coverage of European Championship League
football Semi-final

Liverpool v Chelsea

On Wednesday evening 2nd of May 07, live coverage of European Championship League
football Semi-final

Manchester United v AC Milan

Now, considering these two matches, involving three of the best teams in the English
premier league, is it plausible or realistic to expect Gerry and Kate (from Liverpool) to
stay at MW when these matches would be shown live in a bar nearby?
Therefore, I'm thinking that SY maybe aware of this, and moving the timeline forward
to either the 1st(Tue) when Mrs Fenn heard the crying child alone, or to the 2nd (Wed)
the tennis photo I believe was taken.
Gerry apparently is a keen footy fan, so I would bet that he and other tapas pals would
ditch and go seeking Sky sports, leaving a disgruntled Kate behind, but not unless she
went too.
marxman

Activity : 91

Back to top Go down

May 07- a football fest Empty Re: May 07- a football fest

Post by wjk 13.10.13 18:55

Heres the piece from Kates bewk about the tennis photo..

It was taken on the 1st as was the crying heard by Mrs Fenn

On Tuesday 1 May, after my tennis lesson, two maintenance workers came to have a look at our washing machine, which I couldn’t get to operate. Gerry had also managed to break the window shutter mechanism in our bedroom shortly after we’d arrived, in spite of the sign asking guests to be gentle with it. What can I say? It’s the Gerry touch . . . The two men looked at the washing machine first. Once they’d established that the problem was something simple – not quite as simple as me not having pressed the ‘on’ button, but not much more complicated than that – I went to meet Gerry, whose lesson had started at ten-fifteen, leaving them to fix the shutters.
During Gerry’s tennis lesson, Madeleine and Ella came to the adjoining court with their Mini Club for a mini-tennis session. Jane and I stayed to watch them. It chokes me remembering how my heart soared with pride in Madeleine that morning. She was so happy and obviously enjoying herself. Standing there listening intently to Cat’s instructions, she looked so gorgeous in her little T-shirt and shorts, pink hat, ankle socks and new holiday sandals that I ran back to our apartment for my camera to record the occasion. One of my photographs is known around the world now: a smiling Madeleine clutching armfuls of tennis balls. At the end of their session, the children had been asked to run around the court and pick up as many balls as they could. Madeleine had done really well and was very pleased with herself. Gerry loves that picture.

ETA Link
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

marxman, I'm not stalking you from MM big grin
wjk
wjk

Activity : 136

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.10.13 19:17

There being no match on 3rd May has to be the reason why Jane Tanner was abruptly shut up at 1.55 on this video!

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 13.10.13 19:23

Yes he did shut her up rather abruptly didn't he.

I remember a few years back seeing Ian Wright who used to play for Arsenal say something like Gerry is a really nice bloke.  He knew him from earlier days (I think he said) before Wright joined Arsenal and I think he said that Mr. was the club doctor or something like that at a former club of his (Wright).    So it does make sense that he would not have wanted to miss the footie considering he is so into it by the sound of things.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by marxman 13.10.13 19:27

wjk wrote:Heres the piece from Kates bewk about the tennis photo..

It was taken on the 1st as was the crying heard by Mrs Fenn

On Tuesday 1 May, after my tennis lesson, two maintenance workers came to have a look at our washing machine, which I couldn’t get to operate. Gerry had also managed to break the window shutter mechanism in our bedroom shortly after we’d arrived, in spite of the sign asking guests to be gentle with it. What can I say? It’s the Gerry touch . . . The two men looked at the washing machine first. Once they’d established that the problem was something simple – not quite as simple as me not having pressed the ‘on’ button, but not much more complicated than that – I went to meet Gerry, whose lesson had started at ten-fifteen, leaving them to fix the shutters.
During Gerry’s tennis lesson, Madeleine and Ella came to the adjoining court with their Mini Club for a mini-tennis session. Jane and I stayed to watch them. It chokes me remembering how my heart soared with pride in Madeleine that morning. She was so happy and obviously enjoying herself. Standing there listening intently to Cat’s instructions, she looked so gorgeous in her little T-shirt and shorts, pink hat, ankle socks and new holiday sandals that I ran back to our apartment for my camera to record the occasion. One of my photographs is known around the world now: a smiling Madeleine clutching armfuls of tennis balls. At the end of their session, the children had been asked to run around the court and pick up as many balls as they could. Madeleine had done really well and was very pleased with herself. Gerry loves that picture.

ETA Link

marxman, I'm not stalking you from MM big grin
Hi Wjk, your welcome to stalk me anytime lol

So, what do we have here?
Tuesday 1st may daytime, The now proposed 'last' photo, Madeleine at tennis? 
Tuesday 1st may night.....Footy night, Liverpool v Chelsea, Kate may want to see her beloved Liverpool?
Especially if Gerry and friends going.
Mrs Fenn hears a child crying alone for hours?

Is this the night in question? all else following is staged, cleaning 5a and getting a story straight
and covering their actions?

I wonder.
marxman

Back to top Go down

Post by marxman 13.10.13 19:30

Furthermore, didn't Gerry sit sucking a lollypop chatting about football
whilst at the police station?
marxman

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 13.10.13 19:35

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:There being no match on 3rd May has to be the reason why Jane Tanner was abruptly shut up at 1.55 on this video!

I still can't understand the absolutely BRAZEN lying going on here (5 mins) from Gerry AND Matt Oldfield.
The room is dark. The door opens hinged on the right. Madeleine's bed is ahead on left, first bed to see on looking in. The cots were set back out of sight. Unless the door was fully open, the twins would not be visible. Lastly, the voice-over at the beginning talks of the tapas group parents looking in on 'each other's children'. Nowhere have I seen any reference whatsoever to the McCs looking in on other people's children, only the McCs children being looked in on by others, and only really Madeleine.
Come on SY, bring the f* t* ers in. We know you know.
ETA forgot to say... (carried away temporarily by absolute outrage)
Which night were the McCs called back by MW staff from ?Chaplins?. Could that have been the 'footy' and the 'Mrs. Fenn heard the crying' night and someone was very cross indeed at being called back, and was Kate's phone apparently thought to have been active in the apartment on the crying night? So much detail now, head's beginning to swim...
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by wjk 13.10.13 19:46

The only problem is, marxman, Kate is an Everton fan.
They've been seen at a few matches.
And there is Madeleine in that now famous photo in the Everton shirt.

But I think everything else is correct, the photo, the night Mrs Fenn heard the crying etc.

bobbin, I can't remember what night that was?
But would be very interesting to find out, if anyone can  find that info.
wjk
wjk

Back to top Go down

Post by marxman 13.10.13 20:01

wjk wrote:The only problem is, marxman, Kate is an Everton fan.
They've been seen at a few matches.
And there is Madeleine in that now famous photo in the Everton shirt.

But I think everything else is correct, the photo, the night Mrs Fenn heard the crying etc.

bobbin, I can't remember what night that was?
But would be very interesting to find out, if anyone can  find that info.
Yes, Everton first but because Liverpool made it into the
semi final and Everton didn't, I would suggest that old town
loyalties came to the fore.

I'm really starting to think, that this weeks holiday with two
major football competitions back to back on 1st and 2nd May
must have been a distraction and fuelled a domestic fire which
caused argument and mayhem in a relationship.
As pointed out, Tanner knew, and so did Gerry, hence his
outright dismissive reaction.
marxman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.10.13 22:08

The night when Mrs Fenn reported the crying was Tuesday, 1st May.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Roly Poly 13.10.13 22:13

Think GM worked for Celtic at one point, Ian wright also did a stint there at the end of his career
Roly Poly

Activity : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by marxman 13.10.13 22:16

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:The night when Mrs Fenn reported the crying was Tuesday, 1st May.
Yes the night that Liverpool played Chelsea, and I bet they all
were away supporting and neglecting as if it was the normal
thing to do.
marxman

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 13.10.13 22:19

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:The night when Mrs Fenn reported the crying was Tuesday, 1st May.
Thanks NFWTD. I also googled it and found ref on the MM site to a MW spokesman saying that they were called back from Chaplins, because of the crying and offered the baby sitting service, which the McCs refused because they didn't want the children to wake up to a stranger. I can't find the original source, be it newspaper report, statement or video to confirm this or its date.
The discussion also referred to the McCs saying at one time, that the children never woke / wake up.
Yet on another time they say that if the children had woken up they'd be afraid to see a stranger, therefore they'll carry on with their own arrangements thank you.
Kate also wondered if Maddie had woken up and gone into her parents' room, when she was discovered missing.
Cake and eat it merchants the pair of them, IMO.
bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 13.10.13 22:25

marxman wrote:
Yes the night that Liverpool played Chelsea, and I bet they all
were away supporting and neglecting as if it was the normal
thing to do.
Interesting to be putting these facts alongside each other.
Does anyone know at what time the 'footy' would have been televised, and how long it would be playing for, to cross relate that time period with the known time that Mrs. Fenn gave in her statement.

ETA and I wonder how MW got to hear that there was crying, and which parents to call back and where to find them. Was that ever determined. Mrs. Fenn's statement, at least the one we've seen, doesn't imply that it was her, unless her friend did... ????
bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 13.10.13 22:33

May 1st is beginning to get some padding out, for a day with very little referenced material.
Mrs. Fenn heard crying for over an hour.
It was Liverpool footy on tele. There is no way that Gerry McCann would have missed that.
Kate's phone pings showed activity in the apartment before the crying started.
The crying stopped as the patio doors either opened or closed.
bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T 13.10.13 23:10

Had a wee look and it would appear kick off was at 19:45 for the match on the 1st, HTH bobbin.
Rufus T
Rufus T

Activity : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 13.10.13 23:19

Rufus T wrote:Had a wee look and it would appear kick off was at 19:45 for the match on the 1st, HTH bobbin.
Hmmm. That would be before dinner had started, 20.30 meeting at Tapas. How long is a match ? Unless of course it was recorded and played back in one of the bars. Not really a good timing is it, re Tapas dinner.
bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by wjk 13.10.13 23:24

bobbin wrote:
Rufus T wrote:Had a wee look and it would appear kick off was at 19:45 for the match on the 1st, HTH bobbin.
Hmmm. That would be before dinner had started, 20.30 meeting at Tapas. How long is a match ? Unless of course it was recorded and played back in one of the bars. Not really a good timing is it, re Tapas dinner.
No, but it could be spot on if they were going to eat somewhere where there was a TV showing it live.
A match is 90 minutes plus extra time and would they stay for drinks afterwards?
Also, what night was quiz night at Chaplins? Something makes me think that could of been Tuesdays?
wjk
wjk

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 13.10.13 23:26

I`m sure there is already a thread on this (or perhaps it was within another thread), but IIRC someone said they were in a bar down near the church on one night but can`t remember which night it was.

It was a bar that had a late licence, but I`ve got a feeling it could have been Tuesday 1st as I remember thinking that was why they were so late getting back to Madeleine after she had been crying for so long.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 13.10.13 23:28

marxman wrote:On Tuesday evening the 1st of May 07, live coverage of European Championship League
football Semi-final

Liverpool v Chelsea

On Wednesday evening 2nd of May 07, live coverage of European Championship League
football Semi-final

Manchester United v AC Milan

Now, considering these two matches, involving three of the best teams in the English
premier league, is it plausible or realistic to expect Gerry and Kate (from Liverpool) to
stay at MW when these matches would be shown live in a bar nearby?
Therefore, I'm thinking that SY maybe aware of this, and moving the timeline forward
to either the 1st(Tue) when Mrs Fenn heard the crying child alone, or to the 2nd (Wed)
the tennis photo I believe was taken.
Gerry apparently is a keen footy fan, so I would bet that he and other tapas pals would
ditch and go seeking Sky sports, leaving a disgruntled Kate behind, but not unless she
went too.
One of the very many reasons why the good people of Praia de Luz's opinion of the McCanns hardened within a short time of Madeleine's disappearance was a rumoured sighting(s) of the gruesome twosome and their pals,
minus their assorted offspring,in a bar which is considerably further away from 5A than the tapas and this may explain why Mrs Fenn heard the children crying for over an hour on May 1 before their parents returned from their evening out.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 13.10.13 23:31

Was there also a football match on the 3rd?  because didn`t Jane Tanner say that Kate had said `he`s probably watching the football`.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.10.13 23:36

Previous posts say no - only on the two previous days. It seems that dear old Jane put her foot in it again as, whatever Gerry was doing that took so long, he wasn't watching football.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T 14.10.13 0:08

On May 3rd 2007, there were 2 matches  Werder Bremen v Espanyol  and Sevilla v Osasuna.
Rufus T
Rufus T

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 14.10.13 10:10

Rufus T wrote:On May 3rd 2007, there were 2 matches  Werder Bremen v Espanyol  and Sevilla v Osasuna.
What I so love about posting on this site is that amongst our contributing posters there is such a widespread variety of skills, opinions and knowledge.
I don't know one end of a football from the other, but joy of joy, we do have a 'footy guru'.
Thanks Rufus T for your invaluable input.
With all of our varied angles and contributions I am sure that we have done more to focus light on where it needs to be shone than many of the paid experts whose charge it was to find justice for Madeleine. clapping 
bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T 14.10.13 11:38

Thank you bobbin but my knowledge of football is nil, just good at using a search engine, all UEFA cup matches are listed on a website I discovered. Would be fitting if I was a football guru as I live across the road from Hampden, but the only thing I enjoy is watching the crowds arrive.
Rufus T
Rufus T

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top