The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013 - Page 7 Mm11

Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013 - Page 7 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013 - Page 7 Mm11

Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013 - Page 7 Regist10

Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013 - Page 7 Empty Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by jozi 29.07.13 13:41

tasprin wrote:GM's target was £4k, and he raised £8k from a total of 139 donations and that was after the usual massive publicity (to the exclusion of all other competitors) including a prominent appearance on Daybreak TV - that's hardly a ringing endorsement of public support. Without a £5k donation from his fellow Hacked-Off campaigner, Hugh Grant - who of course has his own agenda and it's definitely not missing people - GM would only have raised £3k  - £1k short of his target.

The McCanns have done everything in their power to gag the media so why do the media continue to give this couple publicity (above and beyond what's allotted to anyone else).

I've seen some of the comments left on his Justgiving page and I don't think they were abusive (more questioning I'd say) but I think they play into TM's hands because the McCanns will exploit every opportunity to portray themselves as victims.

Agree tasprin, looking for the sympathy vote if everything else fails....Anybody else would quietly walk away feeling sheepish, not these 2 , always have to be courting publicity..Good or bad it don't matter, as they will turn it either way to suite them !!!
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013 - Page 7 Empty Re: Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013

Post by jeanmonroe 29.07.13 13:55

tasprin wrote:GM's target was £4k, and he raised £8k from a total of 139 donations and that was after the usual massive publicity (to the exclusion of all other competitors) including a prominent appearance on Daybreak TV - that's hardly a ringing endorsement of public support. Without a £5k donation from his fellow Hacked-Off campaigner, Hugh Grant - who of course has his own agenda and it's definitely not missing people - GM would only have raised £3k  - £1k short of his target.

The McCanns have done everything in their power to gag the media so why do the media continue to give this couple publicity (above and beyond what's allotted to anyone else).

I've seen some of the comments left on his Justgiving page and I don't think they were abusive (more questioning I'd say) but I think they play into TM's hands because the McCanns will exploit every opportunity to portray themselves as victims.

He KNEW Huge Grant's 'donation' was guaranteed!
That's why he 'increased' his 'target' in the first place.
It was raised so that if he hit his 'new target' he would be lauded throughout the land as the greatest fund raiser that there ever was!
His 'supporters' went into meltdown over his marvellous 'achievement'
What they didn't KNOW, and McCann wasn't going to tell them, was that Huge Grant's 'donation' was to be stratigically ' placed'
When it looked like he would NOT get anywhere near his revised 'target' even though he is so 'popular'!

The End!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 29.07.13 14:28

jozi:

Well, a total of 139 donations out of a population of over 60 MILLION people in the UK is STILL, in the words of the McCanns,....................... 'THE VAST MAJORITY'!

Approximately,  = 00.0002%

Memo to KM:
A majority would be 30 MILLION +1.
A VAST majority would be anything from about 45/50 MILLION +

NOT, i suggest 139 individuals!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 29.07.13 14:41

No matter how valid peoples doubts are, anyone who questions the McCanns is immediately dubbed a troll so placing adverse comments on a charity page is bound to work to the McCanns advantage as most people will see that as below the belt and TM will milk it for all it's worth. However, I read the comment stating how inappropriate it was for GM to represent a missing people charity and though I wouldn't place it on a Justgiving page myself I agree with the sentiment. It's extraordinary that Missing People have appointed GM's wife as an ambassador given she refused to cooperate with the police investigation into her own missing child, and she acknowledged to police that her refusal to answer their questions hindered the search for her daughter.

Neither the McCanns, nor the Tapas seven, cooperated with the police which makes their so-called 'faith in Scotland Yard' sound all the more hollow, but it's good PR I suppose and if they're exempt from questioning by SY, as Andy Redwood says, then their cooperation is not necessary. We don't really know what's going on but if what Redwood says is true then the new Met investigation is very strange affair indeed. The McCanns refused to return for the reconstruction and demanded the Portuguese investigation be shelved because they wanted their arguido status lifted. They also had several weeks in 2008 to formally prevent the shelving of the case but failed to do so, and during the past five years they could have had the case reopened by agreeing to cooperate and do the reconstruction but they haven't done that either. Instead, against police advice, they created a huge money-spinning campaign around Madeleine eye which they now claim was just a 'fleck' and something they claim they never made much of (incredible dishonesty). They can hardly complain if people question what they've said and done because none of it makes any sense.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 29.07.13 15:00

jeanmonroe wrote:    
It was raised so that if he hit his 'new target' he would be lauded throughout the land as the greatest fund raiser that there ever was!
What they didn't KNOW, and McCann wasn't going to tell them, was that Huge Grant's 'donation' was to be stratigically ' placed'
When it looked like he would NOT get anywhere near his revised 'target' even though he is so 'popular'!

The End!

I'm sure he knew about Hugh Grants donation but the fact is without it he would not have reached his target despite all the free publicity. I think most people can see through Hugh Grant. It's blatantly obvious that his donations to Kate and Gerry McCann - £10, 000 so far - are to do with Hacked-Off and his mad obsession to gag the press. All the people connected to that campaign have an agenda and it has nothing to do with their concern for 'ordinary people', it's all about revenge and control by future gagging. The McCann's claim to have public support but they don't, it's just PR speak.
tasprin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 29.07.13 15:43

tasprin wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:    

The End!

I'm sure he knew about Hugh Grants donation but the fact is without it he would not have reached his target despite all the free publicity. I think most people can see through Hugh Grant. It's blatantly obvious that his donations to Kate and Gerry McCann - £10, 000 so far - are to do with Hacked-Off and his mad obsession to gag the press. All the people connected to that campaign have an agenda and it has nothing to do with their concern for 'ordinary people', it's all about revenge and control by future gagging. The McCann's claim to have public support but they don't, it's just PR speak.

I wonder if another genuine 'fund raiser' for the Missing People charirty were to ask Huge Grant for a £5.000 'donation' what the answer from Huge would be!
Anyone know how to contact him?
To thank him for his 'donation'.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 29.07.13 16:40

[quote="jeanmonroe
I wonder if another genuine 'fund raiser' for the Missing People charirty were to ask Huge Grant for a £5.000 'donation' what the answer from Huge would be!
Anyone know how to contact him?
To thank him for his 'donation'.[/quote]

You never know Jean, your post may prompt him to do so.winkwink 

I'm amazed that anyone takes Hacked-Off seriously. They have a few high profile characters heading the campaign (for their own personal agendas) but there's a whole lot of backers who remain anonymous because they don't want the public to know who they are. When you consider the amount of criticism levelled at anonymous posters for voicing their opinions online, it's ludicrous that this Hacked-Off lot actually want to force new legislation that will affect everyone in the country, all from behind a cloak of anonymity.
tasprin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 29.07.13 17:37

Carol Malone of the Sunday Mirror wrote quite a stinging article on Gerry McCann on Sunday to the effect that he shouldn't bite the hand that feeds him, that he uses the media when it suits him. A media that has been, on the whole, very supportive of him and Kate and has paid out huge sums of money when it has been somewhat less supportive.
Trying to reproduce a link to the article is beyond me although I have the hard copy, it doesn't show up on her Sunday page.
Casey5

Activity : 402

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.07.13 17:41

Casey5 wrote:Carol Malone of the Sunday Mirror wrote quite a stinging article on Gerry McCann on Sunday to the effect that he shouldn't bite the hand that feeds him, that he uses the media when it suits him. A media that has been, on the whole, very supportive of him and Kate and has paid out huge sums of money when it has been somewhat less supportive.
Trying to reproduce a link to the article is beyond me although I have the hard copy, it doesn't show up on her Sunday page.

Perhaps you could just quote some pertinent pieces Casey?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 29.07.13 18:33

candyfloss wrote:

Perhaps you could just quote some pertinent pieces Casey?

Walked into that one didn't I candyfloss.big grin  Here goes;-

Title;- Gerry shows he needs us by Carole Malone - Sunday Mirror columnist

"Gerry McCann says he and his wife Kate try to keep the lives of their twins, eight year old Amelie and Sean "as normal as possible".
Which seems at odds with his decision last week to do a big "exclusive" interview with a tabloid newspaper.
Even more odd that Gerry, a leading light in the Hacked Off campaign should choose to talk to papers in this particular branch of the media considering his claims that his family have been hounded and vilified by them.
Even so he and his wife Kate never seem to miss an opportunity to court publicity when they need to raise money. This time it's because Gerry is taking part in the Virgin Active London Triathlon which is raising money for the Missing People charity.

Did the newspaper involved make a donation to the charity?
If so, is Gerry McCann right to take money from newspapers he claims have caused his family distress?

Is it not hypocricy to ask people, through those newspapers to sponsor him and give money?

And while I understand why he wants to raise cash for Missing People it would be nice if at some point Gerry McCann acknowledged the media's positive role in keeping the for Madeleine in the news.

Yes certainly newspapers acted shamefully but the McCanns were compensated to the tune of £550,000 for that.

But the majority are - and have always been - on their side. and without the support of the media, without the constant stream of stories about the hunt for Madeleine the much needed funds to help find her would have dried up years ago."
Casey5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.07.13 18:53

Thank you Casey thumbsup   That Carole Malone sure says it like it is!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 29.07.13 20:01

Here's a link to another interesting article written by Carole Malone in September 2007.

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic11636.html?sid=a8d127bc32a0cab061017a05f747c975#p171244
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 29.07.13 20:29

candyfloss wrote:Thank you Casey thumbsup   That Carole Malone sure says it like it is!

You're welcome candyfloss. Yes Carole Malone is never backward in coming forward, I hope she's gone one step further and read the files.
Casey5

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 29.07.13 20:42

Casey5 wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Thank you Casey thumbsup   That Carole Malone sure says it like it is!

You're welcome candyfloss. Yes Carole Malone is never backward in coming forward, I hope she's gone one step further and read the files.

ALL the journos have READ the files but there is something holding them back from reporting them in detail!

As the journos and photographers ALL said when Kate McCann walked slowly alone with cuddlecat on the balcony (3 days? after 'event') "we all knew from that VERY MOMENT it was all STAGED"

Recorded on video.
Might even have been on a Martin Front SKY 'special'
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 29.07.13 22:04

jeanmonroe wrote:
As the journos and photographers ALL said when Kate McCann walked slowly alone with cuddlecat on the balcony (3 days? after 'event') "we all knew from that VERY MOMENT it was all STAGED"
As we all did when the late Diana, Princess of Wales sat alone on that marble bench in front of the Taj Mahal, the most extravagant tomb for a princess anywhere in the world,
and every other living thing (animal) had been conveniently cleared out of the way purely for that photo shoot . . .  All the thousands of tourists, gardeners, artisans, cha-wallahs, foreground, middle ground and background, even in the far long distance there is nothing.   They are all  -  GONE !

It was "staged".

Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013 - Page 7 <a href=Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013 - Page 7 Diana-10" />Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013 - Page 7 <a href=Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013 - Page 7 Seat110" />

A photo never lies,but can tell a thousand stories.
Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013 - Page 7 <a href=Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013 - Page 7 Klaas10" />
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 29.07.13 22:06

The camera never lies.
Nor do DOGS !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 30.07.13 5:54

Yes certainly newspapers acted shamefully but the McCanns were compensated to the tune of £550,000 for that.

Hint from the author perhaps that Gerry could have donated the handsome compensation to the Charity in the first place. No need for this continual attention seeking exercise to pander to his hunger for publicity, which it is. He could have participated quietly without the need to give interview and what not; and that would be more dignified. As is, the only thing raised at the event is publicity for the Mccanns. The money raised is pittance for the cause/purpose when the admin and operating cost is factored in.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 30.07.13 5:56

PeterMac wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
As we all did when the late Diana, Princess of Wales sat alone on that marble bench in front of the Taj Mahal, the most extravagant tomb for a princess anywhere in the world,
and every other living thing (animal) had been conveniently cleared out of the way purely for that photo shoot . . .  All the thousands of tourists, gardeners, artisans, cha-wallahs, foreground, middle ground and background, even in the far long distance there is nothing.   They are all  -  GONE !

It was "staged".

Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013 - Page 7 <a href=Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013 - Page 7 Diana-10" />[img]

A photo never lies,but can tell a thousand stories.

laugh For a moment I thought fragrant Kate has grown tits!eyebrows

Back to top Go down

Gerry's Virgin Active London Triathlon 2013 - Page 7 Empty THE KEY

Post by marconi 30.07.13 6:43

I was re-reading the last Algarve Resident (the Maddie Case Files) and I understood that the Yard went back to Algarve in July, now.

I am convinced that the key of the mystery is still there. Very happy to learn that they are working really hard on the case and that they are even willing to search in homes.

I hope they will not again limit themselves  to Murat's home. There must be more homes on their list and it is what I want.
They must be searching for the body which must be somewhere there.

And I bet that the PJ know where.

Investigation in the UK is useless at this moment. 

They are looking for the key , the body.

Did you also notice the lack of new sightings?   The McCanns gave up their stage.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.07.13 9:36

aiyoyo wrote:

Hint from the author perhaps that Gerry could have donated the handsome compensation to the Charity in the first place.  No need for this continual attention seeking exercise to pander to his hunger for publicity, which it is.  He could have participated quietly without the need to give interview and what not; and that would be more dignified.  As is, the only thing raised at the event is publicity for the Mccanns.  The money raised is pittance for the cause/purpose when the admin and operating cost is factored in.

The amount he raised, even with Huge Grant's donation, is a massive slap in the face for Gerry. Where are all the McCann supporters?

If you add together all the hours he must have spent training, whipping up publicity and actually racing, he could have raised more simply by donating that many hours worth of his income. This would have the added advantage that he would have had more time to spend with the twins and the ever fragrant Kate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 30.07.13 10:07

Poe wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

Hint from the author perhaps that Gerry could have donated the handsome compensation to the Charity in the first place.  No need for this continual attention seeking exercise to pander to his hunger for publicity, which it is.  He could have participated quietly without the need to give interview and what not; and that would be more dignified.  As is, the only thing raised at the event is publicity for the Mccanns.  The money raised is pittance for the cause/purpose when the admin and operating cost is factored in.

The amount he raised, even with Huge Grant's donation, is a massive slap in the face for Gerry. Where are all the McCann supporters?

If you add together all the hours he must have spent training, whipping up publicity and actually racing, he could have raised more simply by donating that many hours worth of his income. This would have the added advantage that he would have had more time to spend with the twins and the ever fragrant Kate.

The tide has turned in terms of the general public's support imo since the cost of the review was published and the unknown costs from an investigation that have yet to be borne by the taxpayer. No other missing child has been given this unprecedented attention. It doesn't matter what publicity the McCanns seek now even promoting 'altruistic' efforts for other families of missing children because the public know taxpayers' money in the millions is being spent on finding Madeleine.

It's going to take one hell of a PR campaign to give credence to anything the McCanns do now - and all they seem to do is to continue to ask the public for money. Scotland Yard is looking for Madeleine. The McCanns voice isn't needed for that.

I wonder if Gerry took a sponsorship form around his hospital colleagues or put up a bit of advertising on the hospital/staff notice boards? that's what most ordinary people do in the workplace - but then the McCanns aren't ordinary folk - they sit on tv sofas and command the media to advertise their selfless efforts which in the case of the triathlon brought in very little revenue.

Just my opinion.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 30.07.13 11:59

sharonl wrote:
Madeline McCann’s dad in gruelling race for charity

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/3333196

Gerry McCann raises money for Missing People charity

Published: 28/07/2013

Gerry McCann, the father of the missing schoolgirl Madeleine McCann, has completed a gruelling race to raise money for charity.

The doctor, whose daughter was almost four when she disappeared in Portugal in May 2007, described the Virgin Active London Triathlon as “incredibly hard”, but said he drew strength from supporting Missing People.

Madeleine went missing from her family’s holiday flat in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz, as her parents dined out with friends at a nearby restaurant.

Mr McCann, of Rothley, Leicestershire, finished the course of swimming, cycling and running in under two-and-a-half hours.

He said: “It was incredibly hard, especially the bike. But taking part in the triathlon was an amazing and emotional experience.

“What kept me going is the thought of being able to help the charity Missing People support other families living with the very different pain of having a missing loved one.

“A huge huge thank you to everyone who sponsored me. Every step I took, every push on the pedal and every stroke I swam I did to help families of missing people.”

Mr McCann wore a white swimming cap and a wetsuit for the 1,500m swim in London’s Royal Victoria Dock, before cycling and running in a black and green costume.

ends
Is it just me, or is the Evening Express taking the p*ss in a big way, telling us how hard Gerry is supporting 'missing people', and under what nefarious circumstances Gerry let his own 'person go missing', followed by a girlie description of what a bloke was dressed in for a marathon, as if it were a report on the colour of the big hats being worn by the ladies at Ascot.Mrs
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 30.07.13 12:20

bobbin wrote:
sharonl wrote:
Madeline McCann’s dad in gruelling race for charity

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/3333196

Gerry McCann raises money for Missing People charity

Published: 28/07/2013

Gerry McCann, the father of the missing schoolgirl Madeleine McCann, has completed a gruelling race to raise money for charity.

The doctor, whose daughter was almost four when she disappeared in Portugal in May 2007, described the Virgin Active London Triathlon as “incredibly hard”, but said he drew strength from supporting Missing People.

Madeleine went missing from her family’s holiday flat in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz, as her parents dined out with friends at a nearby restaurant.

Mr McCann, of Rothley, Leicestershire, finished the course of swimming, cycling and running in under two-and-a-half hours.

He said: “It was incredibly hard, especially the bike. But taking part in the triathlon was an amazing and emotional experience.

“What kept me going is the thought of being able to help the charity Missing People support other families living with the very different pain of having a missing loved one.

“A huge huge thank you to everyone who sponsored me. Every step I took, every push on the pedal and every stroke I swam I did to help families of missing people.”

Mr McCann wore a white swimming cap and a wetsuit for the 1,500m swim in London’s Royal Victoria Dock, before cycling and running in a black and green costume.

ends
Is it just me, or is the Evening Express taking the p*ss in a big way, telling us how hard Gerry is supporting 'missing people', and under what nefarious circumstances Gerry let his own 'person go missing', followed by a girlie description of what a bloke was dressed in for a marathon, as if it were a report on the colour of the big hats being worn by the ladies at Ascot.Mrs

That's exactly what I thought bobbin. big grin
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 30.07.13 12:31

Here's an interesting article from the Leicester Mercury July 2008.

Madeleine's Fund down to £500,000 Leicester Mercury
By Tom Pegden 09 july 2008

The Madeleine fighting fund is down to £500,00, the family's spokesman said today. At one time, the fund, partly launched to pay for the investigation into the disappearance, stood at £1.1 million.

Mr. Mitchell said: 'The fund is approximately half spent, at about £500,000. Most of it is going on investigators.
"Money is still coming, and every time Kate and Gerry do interviews a bit more comes in."

I wonder if Mr. Mitchell can claim that K&G have the same donation pulling power now?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.07.13 13:04

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:There's a mention on the official site!

http://www.thelondontriathlon.co.uk

There will be a personal video of Gerry available after 18.00 today. Patience, people!

Wait no longer, people.

So many competitors in fetching black and green costumes!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum