The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Priests - Page 4 Mm11

The Priests - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Priests - Page 4 Mm11

The Priests - Page 4 Regist10

The Priests

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Priests - Page 4 Empty Re: The Priests

Post by sami 19.05.12 20:52

candyfloss wrote:Just for info, they didn't actually have an audience with the pope, they were in the audience and were at the front............

Pope meets McCanns

The parents of Madeleine McCann have met Pope Benedict in Rome and had a photograph of the abducted four-year-old blessed by him.
Kate and Gerry McCann, from Rothley in Leicestershire, spoke briefly to the Pope as he met selected worshippers after his weekly audience.

The general audience given by Pope Benedict XVI takes place every Wednesday and is held in St Peter's Square during the summer months. About 25,000 people were at the audience attended by the McCanns.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Candyfloss you are right it was not a private audience but they did know they were going to meet him as such. It was not one of the Sunday greetings where he appears on the balcony and waves to the crowds of people gathered in the Square.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Hummingbird 19.05.12 20:55

candyfloss wrote:As you can see from image below they were in a huge crowd, they just had front row seats, not an audience with the pope.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Leaving the twins...

'Earlier Kate revealed she was so traumatised by Madeleine's kidnap she could not face sleeping away from the twins. She said: "We've become totally protective parents."' - Daily Mirror 28 May 2007

The next day, 29 May 2007, Kate and Gerry left for Rome on the first leg of their European campaign. The twins? They stayed in Praia da Luz with Trish and Sandy Cameron.

Rome awaits...

"Clarence spoke to us about a possible visit to the Vatican. Rome is already preparing itself. Francis Campbell was spoken to"

– Kate McCanns' diary, 27th of May, as reported in Correio da Manhã 26 July 2007

Rome, 29 May 2007 - 30 May 2007

Date Brief overview of events
29 May 2007 Kate and Gerry set off from Praia da Luz in the afternoon for their evening flight to Rome. They travel on a private jet supplied by retail tycoon Sir Philip Green, with Clarence Mitchell and a small group of media. The flight takes two and a half hours and touches down at Ciampino airport in the capital.

As they step off the plane at Ciampino airport, they are greeted by the British Ambassador to the Holy See, Francis Campbell, and a representative of the Catholic Church, who kissed Mrs McCann on both cheeks.

The couple are then swiftly driven to the British residency in the centre of Rome.

Two year old twins Sean and Amelie remain in Portugal to be looked after by Gerry's sister Trish Cameron and her husband Sandy.
30 May 2007 The McCanns meet Pope Benedict XVI at a 10.30am general audience, at the start of their "European tour" to raise awareness of Madeleine's disappearance.

Following their audience, the McCanns hold a news briefing with journalists from Portugal, Sweden, Spain, Germany and Italy. (See below for complete transcript).

Kate and Gerry return to Praia da Luz late in the evening.

Beggars belief!!!

Oh and Gerry looks enthralled by the whole thing - a usual!!

I think this whole Catholic/religious thing is a big part of this scam - funds funds funds - please give us more more more we are so religious. Such an easy way to reach peoples hearts!
Hummingbird

Activity : 260

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.05.12 20:56

This article shows you very well how it was spun. spin ...............

Media spotlight on Vatican to highlight Madeleine's case - but BBC cocks it up - again, 30 May 2007

Richard Marsden
Wednesday, 30 May 2007

There was a fascinating spectacle in Vatican City today as the world's media flocked to the Pope's Wednesday audience to follow the horrific plight of the parents of Madeleine McCann, who went missing on the Algarve, Portugal, four weeks ago.

It's not often that British television news channels carry live coverage of the Pope's address in English to the thousands of pilgrims that flock to the Vatican every week. But that's what happened today on Sky News.

Both Sky and BBC News 24 carried live pictures of Benedict XVI arriving in the Popemobile, bits and bobs of the audience, and, of course, pictures of the Pontiff briefly meeting with the Gerry and Kate McCann.
But as usual – the BBC cocked it up, living up to their usual lack of knowledge and understanding of the workings of the Catholic Church. Their presenters appeared buffoon-like as they described the General Audience as "MASS" at least ten times.

It was terribly frustrating to hear the two News 24 presenters make such a blatant error - so frustrating, that I sent the following email to the corporation:

In your coverage of the Pope's GENERAL AUDIENCE this morning, you have, at least 10 times, referred to it as a Mass. IT IS NOTHING OF THE SORT. If it was a Mass, the Pope would be celebrating the Holy Eucharist at an altar and be dressed in vestments, along with several hundred concelebrants.

The weekly Wednesday Audience is simply that - a General Audience with the Pope

Your inaccurate coverage is yet another example of how the
BBC is completely out of touch with how the Catholic Church and the Vatican functions.
Needless to say I didn't get a reply.

But it just goes to show how they can get the simplest of things wrong.

I watched a lot of it uninterrupted on EWTN (Channel 769 on Sky), which streams coverage live from CTV, the Vatican's television network. My Italian is virtually non-existent (although I'm trying to pick up a bit via one of those "take off in Italian" book and CD packs). But it was good enough to notice that the Italian commentator mentioned on several occasions Madeleine's disappearance, the fact that her parents were Catholics and that they were present at today's audience.

Indeed, that was exactly the main reason for Gerry and Kate's visit, to raise the profile of the case amongst the media. They were well aware of the popularity of the audience in predominantly Catholic countries - and the European media responded. At the press conference hosted by the British Embassy and in St Peter's Square prior to the Audience, there were numerous journalists from European nations covering the story. Undoubtedly, the story will be prominent in the Italian press tomorrow.

Vatican Radio were also given prominence as the local media by Ambassador Francis Campbell at the news conference. This is good as Vatican Radio stretches internationally across the world. (Incidentally, you can listen to English World news at 17:15BST every day on the Vatican Radio website)

Of course, the other reason they went to the Vatican was to seek comfort from the Holy Father and ask for his continuing prayers and support. The couple commented on his touching words of comfort, support and assurance for prayers. They said they had found strength from their faith, not least from the Catholic community. Gerry McCann said one evil act had brought out so much good in the way of prayers and support for the family and spoke of how these experiences had helped his own faith.

Hats off to Cardinal Cormac Murphy O'Connor and to Francis Campbell for organising the trip at such short notice (on Sunday). Let's hope and pray that someone's memory will be jogged today or that whoever is responsible for the kidnapping were watching today and their conscience was challenged.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.05.12 21:03

Very last article on thelink below.......

Ditched by their Pope,
16 September 2007
Ditched by their Pope Sunday Mirror

Opinion

Anna Smith
16/09/2007
[snipped]

IF anything is to shake the McCanns' unswerving Catholic faith, it must be the Pope ditching them from the Vatican website.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hummingbird 19.05.12 21:04

Shame Mr Marsden didn't give some advice on dress code then!!
Hummingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 19.05.12 21:14

sami wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Just for info, they didn't actually have an audience with the pope, they were in the audience and were at the front............

Pope meets McCanns

The parents of Madeleine McCann have met Pope Benedict in Rome and had a photograph of the abducted four-year-old blessed by him.
Kate and Gerry McCann, from Rothley in Leicestershire, spoke briefly to the Pope as he met selected worshippers after his weekly audience.

The general audience given by Pope Benedict XVI takes place every Wednesday and is held in St Peter's Square during the summer months. About 25,000 people were at the audience attended by the McCanns.

Candyfloss you are right it was not a private audience but they did know they were going to meet him as such. It was not one of the Sunday greetings where he appears on the balcony and waves to the crowds of people gathered in the Square.

A little off topic, but this last sentence made me remember something and made me laugh. Has anyone seen the film by Nanni Moretti called 'Habemus Papam'. I'll say no more, but it is fabulous, a tragic/comedy done so sympathetically, really insightful.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee 19.05.12 21:17

candyfloss wrote:Here eve Camilla covered her head for an audience with the Pope, not even Catholic.........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall visit the pope

Her first husband was though and their two children were raised as Catholics, so I guess she had a good idea about Catholic customs. Not so Kate, whose own mother admitted she wasn't religious.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Activity : 645

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie 19.05.12 21:17

Could the reason KM has claimed to be a devout Catholic (although her own mother has contradicted this) was because they got a priest to come out to them. Wouldn't you normally call a priest out to give the last rites? Although there would be no body could it be that KM may have thought that she was doing the right thing by Madeleine having a priest with them that night? Perhaps the McCanns later realised that people would question why they needed a priest...hence the need to claim that KM was religious. We know how good the McCanns have been at changing their stories.
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by FH 19.05.12 23:00

Slightly off topic. There has been a suggestion that the strange bowing down was some sort of freemason SOS ritual asking for help. As far as I'm aware the catholic church had denounced free masonry on a number of occasions, so IF Gerry is a free mason that also goes against his supposed religious beliefs (as does IVF, contraception.......). Also, having been raised in Scotland I have a feeling that the feeling was mutual and a lot of the lodges wouldn't admit catholics - comments anyone?
FH

Activity : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 19.05.12 23:06

any bowing down was done in the presence of the gnr officers first on the scene, i dont think they would have known them from adam LOL let alone think they would know they are masons, are all gnr maso ns anyone?
friedtomatoes

Activity : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by FH 19.05.12 23:10

friedtomatoes wrote:any bowing down was done in the presence of the gnr officers first on the scene, i dont think they would have known them from adam LOL let alone think they would know they are masons, are all gnr maso ns anyone?

I don't know about portugal, but in the Uk rumour has it that a lot of the police are.
FH

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 19.05.12 23:22

This is why it seems gerry mccann gave the GNR a strange expression whilst wailing on his knees...asking the question
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.05.12 23:24

jd wrote:This is why it seems gerry mccann gave the GNR a strange expression whilst wailing on his knees...asking the question

Can somebody please put a link to show me where it says GM is a mason?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Zozo 20.05.12 0:16

FH wrote:
friedtomatoes wrote:any bowing down was done in the presence of the gnr officers first on the scene, i dont think they would have known them from adam LOL let alone think they would know they are masons, are all gnr maso ns anyone?

I don't know about portugal, but in the Uk rumour has it that a lot of the police are.
Many UK police about being masons is talked also in a letter Tony Bennet wrote to the prime minister of 18/05/2011 regarding Madeleine case.
Very interesting the following quote from that letter; especially one in bold:

"...In recent years the conduct of senior Met Police Officers
has been questioned in cases like the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes and
the unlawful killing of Gary Tomlinson at the recent G20 demonstration. In each
case, senior Metropolitan Police Officers, including the former Met Police
Commissioner, Sir Ian Blair, tried to cover their tracks and obscure what
really happened. One other case amongst many has caused concern, namely the
murder of Daniel Morgan in 1987. It took six Met Police enquiries before any
headway was made, and that was only because Daniel Morgan’s family absolutely
insisted that no Police Officer who was a Freemason could have anything to do
with this sixth investigation, to which the Met reluctantly agreed. At last,
this sixth enquiry produced charges against three men, two of them former
Police Officers, but the Met’s conduct in the pre-trial stages ensured that the
judges had no alternative but to halt the trial
..."
Zozo
Zozo

Activity : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 20.05.12 0:34

Zozo wrote:One other case amongst many has caused concern, namely the murder of Daniel Morgan in 1987. It took six Met Police enquiries before any headway was made, and that was only because Daniel Morgan’s family absolutely insisted that no Police Officer who was a Freemason could have anything to do with this sixth investigation, to which the Met reluctantly agreed. At last, this sixth enquiry produced charges against three men, two of them former Police Officers, but the Met’s conduct in the pre-trial stages ensured that the judges had no alternative but to halt the trial. ..."

big grin
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by Hummingbird 20.05.12 10:32

candyfloss wrote:
jd wrote:This is why it seems gerry mccann gave the GNR a strange expression whilst wailing on his knees...asking the question

Can somebody please put a link to show me where it says GM is a mason?

Yes please I would like to see that too because if there is NO link and this is just a theory that has grown, we can rule it out, then again if there is proof somewhere he is a mason then this article puts things in a very different light.

Also could someone please say whether any other members of the holiday are believed to be masons including Murat and whether there has ever been any speculation that any of them knew anyone in the Portugese police force prior to their holiday - perhaps a little golfing game was undertaken one weekend?
Hummingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Hummingbird 20.05.12 19:56

jd wrote:I'm in a rush to go out and running late...But I never knew they gave dental records, this is news to me...any links please?

5231 is from Paulo Cristovão's book: A Estrela de Madeleine
"I don’t usually bet on Euromillions, my friend, but if I ever did, there would be at least four numbers where I would place my little crosses, to hit the winning key. And I bet that at least I would get those four right. As a matter of fact, I would even call it the Luz key. Those would be the 5, the 2, the 3 and the 1!"

Amaral also says the priests know the truth of what really happened that night. And also I think he said, that if only the church walls could talk. Remember the PJ know a lot more of the facts than they have released

Hummingbird "they are surrounded by people who belief and support them and the wealthier and more religious the better!!" This is my cryptic clue on the lines of Paulo Cristovão smilie

And where is the best place to confess but not having to take the consequences of it...church? This is where they release their guilt. Why did the Vatican whoosh all references to the mccanns on their website? This is far worse than a physic having vision she is dead imo. They know the truth which goes against the catholic religion

OK, so I have started reading through this book and it is very interesting!

The first thing that I noticed was in the Foreword at the bottom he says 'Buying a book means that we have the key to open the door into something that will make us think. After that, then, will come Knowledge.' Now I was struck by the upper case K and looked at other websites with this book translation and each and everyone have this word in upper case. Now to use a word beginning like that in uppercase is usually describing something Holy, God, Jesus, Mesiah, Lord, His, Him etc etc and I wondered why he would suggest this. (unless it is a typo then this is wasted)

The Word of Knowledge - is one of the nine Gifts of the Holy spirit which we read of in Corinthians 12:1-11

The Word of Knowledge . therefore is knowledge received from the Holy Spirit to enable us to more effectively minister to the needs of people, to know and understand situations, circumstances, strategy of the enemy (Kingdoms of Darkness) etc. If in the above situations with a knowledge then one can surprise, baffle, dis-arm, open-up, bring answers healing and understanding.

So it would appear that it could be a cryptic clue that the knowledge we seek is a religious Knowledge!

After this I then looked into this reference to 5 2 3 1 and looked for religious passages and texts, the only one that seemed relevant to the numbers was 52:1.3 The Suffering and Glory of the Servant but it seemed to have little relevance (unless anyone else can see a link)

I looked a map grid references - nothing.

Then postcodes in Portugal - nothing.

Then I looked at the Church in Praia da Luz and went on their website looking for their address in case it was as simple as that and this is what I found -probably been seen before but I feel it plays a significant part in the religious theory we are looking at.
Under their contact us section:

Chaplain Bob Bates
Apartardo 2 1 3 5

Numbers not in order but then do they have to be?

Very interesting, who was the Chaplain here before Bob Bates, I know it isn't actually in Praia da Luz but still it is a big coincidence!!

Hummingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 21.05.12 0:45

Great research Hummingbird. When you requoted "Buying a book means that we have the key to open the door into something that will make us think. After that, then, will come Knowledge.' " it just struck me....Book = Bible....with the Keys = Church Keys. This makes sense and I think now that the 5 2 3 1 reference could be something religious, a passage in the bible or something similar perhaps. Maybe the passage of kate mccanns bible that was found in the villa is a clue? Or Peter Pattision (a friend) who quotes in his statement things like " Psalms X and XX of the Old Testament" "Samuel 2:12. This passage is very significant for me and my wife but likely has so significance for Kate."

I am not well versed when it comes to religion/bible but maybe someone with good knowledge may have some thoughts?

The capital K is interesting and may mean something especially in the manner it was written in. He did say 'Think about it'. I do need to think about it but I believe you are onto something to unlock this cryptic clue. What is the one thing the mccanns have been promoting themselves with since day 1...Religion
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by Hummingbird 21.05.12 7:29

jd wrote:Great research Hummingbird. When you requoted "Buying a book means that we have the key to open the door into something that will make us think. After that, then, will come Knowledge.' " it just struck me....Book = Bible....with the Keys = Church Keys. This makes sense and I think now that the 5 2 3 1 reference could be something religious, a passage in the bible or something similar perhaps. Maybe the passage of kate mccanns bible that was found in the villa is a clue? Or Peter Pattision (a friend) who quotes in his statement things like " Psalms X and XX of the Old Testament" "Samuel 2:12. This passage is very significant for me and my wife but likely has so significance for Kate."

I am not well versed when it comes to religion/bible but maybe someone with good knowledge may have some thoughts?

The capital K is interesting and may mean something especially in the manner it was written in. He did say 'Think about it'. I do need to think about it but I believe you are onto something to unlock this cryptic clue. What is the one thing the mccanns have been promoting themselves with since day 1...Religion

Hi jd yes I hadn't even seen that significance - book = Bible! That, I think is correct.

As for the Psalms - I will have a look at that today and see what I can find.

Still the most interesting thing for me is the Chaplain of the Church at Luz address -

Chaplain Bob Bates
Apartardo
Casa Sao Vincente
Boliqueime
Portugal

Now I see that he does not actually live in PDL itself but he is shown on the website as part of the team. He came to PDL in 2009 so whilst I don't think the reference actually refers to him I think it refers to the Chaplain he took over from OR just the apartment itself!! (but then, when was this book written?)
Can someone tell how far away this apartment is from PDL and is it enroute to any of their 'little' trips we heard about?

Very odd how the apartments numbers are exactly the same as the clue!

Hummingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by FH 21.05.12 9:44

jd wrote:Great research Hummingbird. When you requoted "Buying a book means that we have the key to open the door into something that will make us think. After that, then, will come Knowledge.' " it just struck me....Book = Bible....with the Keys = Church Keys. This makes sense and I think now that the 5 2 3 1 reference could be something religious, a passage in the bible or something similar perhaps. Maybe the passage of kate mccanns bible that was found in the villa is a clue? Or Peter Pattision (a friend) who quotes in his statement things like " Psalms X and XX of the Old Testament" "Samuel 2:12. This passage is very significant for me and my wife but likely has so significance for Kate."

In the UK "the Knowledge" is often used to refer to the geographic information that London taxi drivers have to absorb to be able to drive a london cab around London. Obiously that is NOT what it refers to in this case, but I did wonder if the word knowledge translated into the language of the author would have a specific meaning to that country?
FH

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 21.05.12 10:00

Jesus Raises a Dead Girl

Mark 5

21 When Jesus had again crossed over by boat to the other side of the lake, a large crowd gathered around him while he was by the lake. 22 Then one of the synagogue leaders, named Jairus, came, and when he saw Jesus, he fell at his feet. 23 He pleaded earnestly with him, “My little daughter is dying. Please come and put your hands on her so that she will be healed and live.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Hummingbird 21.05.12 10:05

FH wrote:

In the UK "the Knowledge" is often used to refer to the geographic information that London taxi drivers have to absorb to be able to drive a london cab around London. Obiously that is NOT what it refers to in this case, but I did wonder if the word knowledge translated into the language of the author would have a specific meaning to that country?

Yes, very interesting perhaps it is in upper case as he is using it a place name? I've looked at the map grid refs and postal codes for Portugal and that is why I am sure the cryptic clue numbers 5231 is relevant to the apartment where one of the Chaplains (Bob Bates) to the Church in PDL has the address -

Apartment 2153 same numbers exactly just in different order so is he telling us something about the knowledge of this apartment?
Hummingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Hummingbird 21.05.12 11:59

In addition to the apartment address being the same number as the 4 numbers given in the cryptic clue - see previous posts - I have also come across this Psalm.

Psalm 52. 1 - 3

1. Why do you boast of evil, you mighty man? Why do you boast all day long, you who are a disgrace in the eyes of God?

2. Your tongue plots destruction, it is like a sharpened razor, you who practice deceit.

3. You love evil rather than good, falsehood rather than speaking the truth.

Who does that make you think of?

Still my money is on the apartment address, he is trying to point us to something in my opinion and it is rather strange that the apartments address is the same as the 4 numbers - I am not sure if this apartment is owned by the church or who lived there during the events of 2007, but it would be interesting to find out.
Hummingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 21.05.12 12:34

Hummingbird wrote:In addition to the apartment address being the same number as the 4 numbers given in the cryptic clue - see previous posts - I have also come across this Psalm.

Psalm 52. 1 - 3

1. Why do you boast of evil, you mighty man? Why do you boast all day long, you who are a disgrace in the eyes of God?

2. Your tongue plots destruction, it is like a sharpened razor, you who practice deceit.

3. You love evil rather than good, falsehood rather than speaking the truth.

Who does that make you think of?

Still my money is on the apartment address, he is trying to point us to something in my opinion and it is rather strange that the apartments address is the same as the 4 numbers - I am not sure if this apartment is owned by the church or who lived there during the events of 2007, but it would be interesting to find out.

If you look at the two clues together, the apartment number and the above Psalm, it is quite a strong theory, it could be pointing to both. In fact it made shivvers go down my spine reading that Psalm.

I forgot to say well done Hummingbird in finding those references. I'm in awe of all the people on this Board who find out so much information to post on here.
Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 21.05.12 13:51

A little background on the current chaplain, Bob Bates. I found this info on the internet. It would be interesting to know who was the chaplain prior to his take up of position.

Bob's really measuring up

BOB Bates took flexible working to the furthest extreme by switching from a
full-time surveyor who does some church work, to becoming a priest who does
some surveying.

The Rev Bob Bates, a surveyor with Hockleys, the N&P's property arm, was
ordained by the Bishop of Peterborough in July last year.

He told the Business Telegraph Review: "After I was made Deacon last year, I started my three year curacy at St Mary the Virgin in Peterborough and my family and I moved nearby, enabling me to have easier access to the church and
the 15,000 or so souls within the parish.

"The question was how was I going to do this work unpaid and continue to earn a living as a member of the Hockleys team. Luckily my bosses were willing to allow me to transfer to a new contracted arrangement, from my previous salaried employment.

"No two days are the same. Recently a school assembly was followed by four valuations, a funeral and a return to my home office to sign off the reports.

"The only inconvenience was the need to change from my dog collar to a collar and tie a few times during the day."

my note,N & P = Norwich and Peterborough
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top