The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate's new book- to debut in Spring! - Page 2 Mm11

Kate's new book- to debut in Spring! - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate's new book- to debut in Spring! - Page 2 Mm11

Kate's new book- to debut in Spring! - Page 2 Regist10

Kate's new book- to debut in Spring!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kate's new book- to debut in Spring! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's new book- to debut in Spring!

Post by pauline 12.02.12 17:29

from a publishers point of view, success would relate to the no of sales and whether after taking into account the advance they paid to Kate, and printing and marketing costs, there was any money left over (profit) for them. Whether the book in any way helped the search for Madeleine is not an issue for the publisher.

Now a publisher might well be less than truthful about a book that was less successful than they had anticipated, especially when it was a hyped book like this one. Undoubtedly it did sell a lot of copies but what we dont know are the contractual terms, and whether after allowing for advances (normally not refundable) and expenses, Transworld made any money at all.

pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Kate's new book- to debut in Spring! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's new book- to debut in Spring!

Post by aiyoyo 12.02.12 18:08

pauline wrote:from a publishers point of view, success would relate to the no of sales and whether after taking into account the advance they paid to Kate, and printing and marketing costs, there was any money left over (profit) for them. Whether the book in any way helped the search for Madeleine is not an issue for the publisher.

Now a publisher might well be less than truthful about a book that was less successful than they had anticipated, especially when it was a hyped book like this one. Undoubtedly it did sell a lot of copies but what we dont know are the contractual terms, and whether after allowing for advances (normally not refundable) and expenses, Transworld made any money at all.

Well if it was a phenomenal success, surely they are raking it in? Publisher only talk in terms of $ and cents.

Else, how else can they apply the word success to mean?
It's not as if they tag success with findability of Maddie, as in they got more leads as a result of the book?

I think the publisher is not losing money, but not making hugh profit either - the hugh success talk is just PR.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 12.02.12 18:16

The granting of the Met Review was timed to coincide with the launch of the book so it is not suprising that the agenda will continue to be set by the McCanns and the updated book will coincide with a progress report from the Met.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet 12.02.12 19:24

Could this be Richard Desmond having another poke at the McCanns? The story highlights the fact that the hardback book made around £2 million - money which is most unlikely to be ever found in the Fund accounts IMO (every time we read about the Fund it's down to its last £500,000). The story also brings in the SY review, which probably is causing Kate McCann real anxiety. It's pretty certain SY aren't telling HER anything to put in her paperbewk.
juliet
juliet

Activity : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 13.02.12 5:08

Cheshire Cat wrote:The granting of the Met Review was timed to coincide with the launch of the book so it is not suprising that the agenda will continue to be set by the McCanns and the updated book will coincide with a progress report from the Met.

Hmmm....I thought book release date was timed to coincide with Maddie's b/day anniversary?
Looks like she intends to revise and update her "version of an account of the truth" annually - it's a nice annual bonus for her.
I didn't buy her last book and don't intend to go anywhere near her new one even if given to me, she makes my skin crawls.

They may try to spin the Yard's review, but I would be surprised if the yard keeps them informed.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 13.02.12 6:29

Jean wrote:You took the words out of my mouth Uppatoffee and, as I type this, the noise of oinking and grunting outside is deafening. I'd better clarify that I mean flying pigs rather than anything my neighbours are getting up to.

bums parked on Lorraine Kelly's sofa coming to a tv near you soon.

wearing high quality wrist bands of course.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 13.02.12 7:01

aiyoyo wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:The granting of the Met Review was timed to coincide with the launch of the book so it is not suprising that the agenda will continue to be set by the McCanns and the updated book will coincide with a progress report from the Met.

Hmmm....I thought book release date was timed to coincide with Maddie's b/day anniversary?
Looks like she intends to revise and update her "version of an account of the truth" annually - it's a nice annual bonus for her.
I didn't buy her last book and don't intend to go anywhere near her new one even if given to me, she makes my skin crawls.

They may try to spin the Yard's review, but I would be surprised if the yard keeps them informed.

I should have said that the announcement of the Met review was timed to coincide with the serialisation of the book.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by womandotcom 13.02.12 21:16

tigger wrote:
T4two wrote:After reading the comments on the blogs about all the discrepancies, KM totally revises the book to make the story fit the facts. It's what they've always done - why change now? At the speed she can think, their story should have completely changed by books 4 or 5. The film follows ready for the tenth anniversary.

Kate's new book- to debut in Spring! - Page 2 636506 Although, T4two, in five years time the public will no longer be interested. Judging from the comments under recent articles, most people are already fed up to the back teeth with this saga.

All this started in 2007 - I think that was the beginning of the end for the financial boom. Surely that background must have been part of the whole affair? I know the Lehman brothers didn't go bankrupt until 2008, but surely the cracks must have been showing long before? Northern Rock for one in sept. 2007.
The backdrop against which all this has been played out over five years (unremitting financial crises) must surely be a factor?

And a film, please never!!! Who would play the handsome pair? Fugitives from East Enders?

They would of course play 'themselves' Tigger, far more money in that for our intrepid pair.

complicit in a scheme so duplicitous, so evil, so foul that Shakespeare
himself could not have written it.".........
womandotcom
womandotcom

Activity : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 14.02.12 3:35

womandotcom wrote:
tigger wrote:
T4two wrote:After reading the comments on the blogs about all the discrepancies, KM totally revises the book to make the story fit the facts. It's what they've always done - why change now? At the speed she can think, their story should have completely changed by books 4 or 5. The film follows ready for the tenth anniversary.

Kate's new book- to debut in Spring! - Page 2 636506 Although, T4two, in five years time the public will no longer be interested. Judging from the comments under recent articles, most people are already fed up to the back teeth with this saga.

All this started in 2007 - I think that was the beginning of the end for the financial boom. Surely that background must have been part of the whole affair? I know the Lehman brothers didn't go bankrupt until 2008, but surely the cracks must have been showing long before? Northern Rock for one in sept. 2007.
The backdrop against which all this has been played out over five years (unremitting financial crises) must surely be a factor?

And a film, please never!!! Who would play the handsome pair? Fugitives from East Enders?

They would of course play 'themselves' Tigger, far more money in that for our intrepid pair.

Would people pay to watch kate roll her eyes and do her infamous heave heavily follow by shoulder lift gesture?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by womandotcom 14.02.12 3:55

aiyoyo wrote:
womandotcom wrote:
tigger wrote:

Would people pay to watch kate roll her eyes and do her infamous heave heavily follow by shoulder lift gesture?

yes Aiyoyo, the same people who paid for her 'very truthful' bewk Kate's new book- to debut in Spring! - Page 2 302873

complicit in a scheme so duplicitous, so evil, so foul that Shakespeare
himself could not have written it.".........
womandotcom
womandotcom

Activity : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 14.02.12 8:52

so not George Clooney for Gerry then?
and not Kate Winslet for the missus?

nah don't think so.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 14.02.12 9:04

russiandoll wrote: so not George Clooney for Gerry then?

nah don't think so.

Clooney and Winslet are A list stars and therefore expensive - mightn't be much profit from the film for the Fund. And even films with top names can flop....
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 14.02.12 9:05

tigger wrote:

i have no doubt there will be a film,but i dont think the ending will be what the mccanns want,with them the grieving parents
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 14.02.12 9:24

nah don't think so.

George Clooney and Kate Winslet are actually very amicable and pleasantly nice type of people.

How about Sean Penn (Dead Man Walking ) ,and Glenn Close (Fatal Attraction, the bunny boiler) - these two might be more suitable to play G & K, yes?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.02.12 9:25

If we consider this with the JonBenet Ramsey case.

JonBenet's body was found on the 26th December 1996.

The film 'Perfect Murder, Perfect Town', was realsed in February 2000.

That's 3 years and 2 months, after that tragedy.

Madeleine disappeared on 3rd May 2007 and it is now 4 years and 9 months later and still no sign of a film.

It seems like no one is in any rush, to produce one for the True Movies network. Kate's new book- to debut in Spring! - Page 2 110921
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Kate's new book- to debut in Spring! - Page 2 Empty Madeleine The Movie

Post by Guest 14.02.12 9:47

I can visualise one of those dire made-for-TV movies which state that they are based on a true story. This one will be a little different because we're still trying to establish what was the truth about the event. Donal McIntyre - assisted by Jez Wilkins if necessary - can be in charge of production; what a blockbuster it will be!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 14.02.12 9:52

Jean wrote:I can visualise one of those dire made-for-TV movies which state that they are based on a true story. This one will be a little different because we're still trying to establish what was the truth about the event. Donal McIntyre - assisted by Jez Wilkins if necessary - can be in charge of production; what a blockbuster it will be!

My Big Fat Tipsy Holiday.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.02.12 10:07

Jean wrote:I can visualise one of those dire made-for-TV movies which state that they are based on a true story. This one will be a little different because we're still trying to establish what was the truth about the event. Donal McIntyre - assisted by Jez Wilkins if necessary - can be in charge of production; what a blockbuster it will be!

If it were not for those types of movies Jean, no one would ever hear about any of the crimes they cover. It is a good thing, not a bad thing. Someone who was closely linked to the original Ramsey case, said it was well on par with exactly what happened during that investigation. No one ever got to the truth there either, so it would be exactly the same as this. Something happens to a child. The investigation is hijacked by Political interference. The lead investigator is discredited. There is lots and lots of circumstantial evidence, but they are not allowed to put pressure on the main suspects and bingo, nothing. The only difference I can see, is in that particular case, at least they had a body.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 14.02.12 15:35

aiyoyo wrote:

Kate's new book- to debut in Spring! - Page 2 172348 don't think so.

George Clooney and Kate Winslet are actually very amicable and pleasantly nice type of people.

How about Sean Penn (Dead Man Walking ) ,and Glenn Close (Fatal Attraction, the bunny boiler) - these two might be more suitable to play G & K, yes?

I'll go for John Malkovich (Con Air).
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Kate's new book- to debut in Spring! - Page 2 Empty How convenient!

Post by uppatoffee 14.02.12 20:00

I must say what a coincidence it was to find that the "reporter" who wrote this article lives in Rothley. What are the odds on that eh?! Perhaps she and Kate are writing it together, hence her exclusive!

What was it Kate said about coincidences??? Mr
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Activity : 645

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.02.12 23:07

How do you know where the reporter lives, Uppatoffee?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee 14.02.12 23:12

The article now says Tracey Kandohla instead of just reporter. She has written quite a few articles, mainly when she was working for Murdoch.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee 14.02.12 23:13

Just realised didn't actually answer! Did a google and 192 search Jean.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 14.02.12 23:31

If the McCanns do go ahead and make a Film (God Forbid) - it would be their version of events so would not necessarily be helpful whereas the JonBenet film I am guessing was done independently, yes ?

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.02.12 23:37

It's an unusual combination of names so I can well believe the reporter could be a neighbour. Here's one of her stomach churning McCann stories from the Sunday Express.

http://gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/10jan8/EXPRESS-20-01-08.htm

Plus an unrelated one from her time with The Sun.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/86698/She-seduced-me-on-hols.html

Sheer quality journalism!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top