The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Fury as Frankie Boyle cracks 'joke' at expense of missing Madeleine McCann  - Page 2 Mm11

Fury as Frankie Boyle cracks 'joke' at expense of missing Madeleine McCann  - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Fury as Frankie Boyle cracks 'joke' at expense of missing Madeleine McCann  - Page 2 Mm11

Fury as Frankie Boyle cracks 'joke' at expense of missing Madeleine McCann  - Page 2 Regist10

Fury as Frankie Boyle cracks 'joke' at expense of missing Madeleine McCann

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fury as Frankie Boyle cracks 'joke' at expense of missing Madeleine McCann  - Page 2 Empty Re: Fury as Frankie Boyle cracks 'joke' at expense of missing Madeleine McCann

Post by zora-ann 14.01.12 22:04

rainbow-fairy wrote:
zora-ann wrote:Dara O Briain absolutely infuriated me too with his comments on McCann doubters. He called me a 'horrible person' but called others far worse, even using the C-word. I suppose I can understand some people who haven't read up on the case disagreeing with some comments but there was no need for the tirade from O Briain.

According to this:- http://gammagoblin.blogspot.com/2010/09/dara-o-briain-jokes-about-madeleine.html he once said "I will never do a joke about Madeleine McCann. I don't do jokes about dead children"

So maybe he doesn't quite toe the Team McCann line quite as much as we thought Fury as Frankie Boyle cracks 'joke' at expense of missing Madeleine McCann  - Page 2 82678

Al Murray is another one who's been fairly disparaging about those who question the McCanns. So another one for the boycott list!! Won't be too hard for me mind you, as he's never really floated my boat.
zora-ann, I am with you on this one, Al Murray not for me either! I'm a bit of a 'Dave' nerd - Mock the Week, QI, Argumental, Have I Got News for You, Top Gear. But anything Al Murray? No. The Pub Landlord is just irritating 'beautiful British name' - aargh, but Compete for the Meat was just stupid. I just didn't get it at all.
Yes you are right there was no need for Dara to be so nasty. There again, its a very Pro-McCann trait... Look at how they talk about Tony Bennett over on JATYK! I've only been to look once when I got a heads-up I'd been mentioned over there. Myself and Gillyspot were referred to as 'barking mad'. Well, you're nobody til JATYK slag you off so secretly I was pleased Wink
Thank you by the way, that was the chap I was on about! I missed your first reply somehow, my update pushed me straight onto page 2. 'Like a shark' - that has always stuck in my head, though I think sharks are prettier than Gerry Wink
Perhaps we haven't heard stories of the couple because they wouldn't 'be helpful'. Maybe they are all negative! The press won't print anything anti-McCann at present, but you can bet they've got 'Gerry was always evil even at school' type articles just waiting for the day those handcuffs come out...

I've never seen Compete for the Meat but I do remember Al Murray being on one of the early series of Hell's Kitchen, using his real name, which escapes me for the moment. I seem to remember him as a real wet blanket. To be fair, he did work hard and took it very seriously but there was something of the 'teacher's pet' about him and absolutely no humour.
I'd always quite liked O Briain and used to enjoy Mock The Week. I told my brother (who has always found him a tad smug) about our Twitter mini-spat and he was bizarrely rather impressed that I had had some sort of direct contact with him! Blokes, eh?!
You have to wonder how quiet these supporters will go when/if the truth comes out. And oh yes, I'm sure there will be a fair few journalists and editors who will relish the chance to let rip. Although they have to be outwardly supportive, many of them must know the kind of detail we do and possibly more and, as a result, must be privately scornful of the pair. IF it ever comes out and charges are brought I imagine they'd have to be very careful about what they print until after any legal proceedings are over.
zora-ann

Activity : 18

Back to top Go down

Fury as Frankie Boyle cracks 'joke' at expense of missing Madeleine McCann  - Page 2 Empty Re: Fury as Frankie Boyle cracks 'joke' at expense of missing Madeleine McCann

Post by rainbow-fairy 15.01.12 9:31

zora-ann wrote:
rainbow-fairy wrote:
zora-ann wrote:Dara O Briain absolutely infuriated me too with his comments on McCann doubters. He called me a 'horrible person' but called others far worse, even using the C-word. I suppose I can understand some people who haven't read up on the case disagreeing with some comments but there was no need for the tirade from O Briain.

According to this:- http://gammagoblin.blogspot.com/2010/09/dara-o-briain-jokes-about-madeleine.html he once said "I will never do a joke about Madeleine McCann. I don't do jokes about dead children"

So maybe he doesn't quite toe the Team McCann line quite as much as we thought Fury as Frankie Boyle cracks 'joke' at expense of missing Madeleine McCann  - Page 2 82678

Al Murray is another one who's been fairly disparaging about those who question the McCanns. So another one for the boycott list!! Won't be too hard for me mind you, as he's never really floated my boat.
zora-ann, I am with you on this one, Al Murray not for me either! I'm a bit of a 'Dave' nerd - Mock the Week, QI, Argumental, Have I Got News for You, Top Gear. But anything Al Murray? No. The Pub Landlord is just irritating 'beautiful British name' - aargh, but Compete for the Meat was just stupid. I just didn't get it at all.
Yes you are right there was no need for Dara to be so nasty. There again, its a very Pro-McCann trait... Look at how they talk about Tony Bennett over on JATYK! I've only been to look once when I got a heads-up I'd been mentioned over there. Myself and Gillyspot were referred to as 'barking mad'. Well, you're nobody til JATYK slag you off so secretly I was pleased Wink
Thank you by the way, that was the chap I was on about! I missed your first reply somehow, my update pushed me straight onto page 2. 'Like a shark' - that has always stuck in my head, though I think sharks are prettier than Gerry Wink
Perhaps we haven't heard stories of the couple because they wouldn't 'be helpful'. Maybe they are all negative! The press won't print anything anti-McCann at present, but you can bet they've got 'Gerry was always evil even at school' type articles just waiting for the day those handcuffs come out...

I've never seen Compete for the Meat but I do remember Al Murray being on one of the early series of Hell's Kitchen, using his real name, which escapes me for the moment. I seem to remember him as a real wet blanket. To be fair, he did work hard and took it very seriously but there was something of the 'teacher's pet' about him and absolutely no humour.
I'd always quite liked O Briain and used to enjoy Mock The Week. I told my brother (who has always found him a tad smug) about our Twitter mini-spat and he was bizarrely rather impressed that I had had some sort of direct contact with him! Blokes, eh?!
You have to wonder how quiet these supporters will go when/if the truth comes out. And oh yes, I'm sure there will be a fair few journalists and editors who will relish the chance to let rip. Although they have to be outwardly supportive, many of them must know the kind of detail we do and possibly more and, as a result, must be privately scornful of the pair. IF it ever comes out and charges are brought I imagine they'd have to be very careful about what they print until after any legal proceedings are over.
Your brother was impressed that you had direct twitter-contact with Dara who then called you 'a horrible person' - charming! Sounds like my brother, LOL Wink
I don't know if it sounds petty, or silly, or spiteful, but my enjoyment of Mock the Week has really diminished since all this came out. As the 'head' of a satirical, establishment-teasing show, I don't expect him to turn round and lick the establishments bottom. Perhaps he should stick to star gazing with Brian Cox (I see that starts again this week)...

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by zora-ann 15.01.12 14:28

I don't think it sounds petty or siilly or spiteful, rainbow-fairy. I didn't watch the most recent series of Mock The Week or any of the re-runs on Dave since as I was too sickened by his attitude. I may watch again in future when I've calmed down about it but it has definitely changed my view on him a lot. I know we can't go falling out with everyone who believes the abduction line but it was the withering condescension and downright contempt he displayed towards the non-believers that really jarred with me. But as you pointed before, the nastiness seems to a common trait among some McCann supporters.
zora-ann

Activity : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 15.01.12 16:08

zora-ann wrote:I don't think it sounds petty or silly or spiteful, rainbow-fairy. I didn't watch the most recent series of Mock The Week or any of the re-runs on Dave since as I was too sickened by his attitude. I may watch again in future when I've calmed down about it but it has definitely changed my view on him a lot. I know we can't go falling out with everyone who believes the abduction line but it was the withering condescension and downright contempt he displayed towards the non-believers that really jarred with me. But as you pointed before, the nastiness seems to a common trait among some McCann supporters.
zora-ann, its so good to know I'm not alone in being so irritated by this... but you have absolutely hit the nail on the head with the bit in bold. It is that attitude which makes 99.9% of the Pro's so objectionable.

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Fury as Frankie Boyle cracks 'joke' at expense of missing Madeleine McCann  - Page 2 Empty Right thinking people !!

Post by portugalphilip1 23.07.12 17:56

A Scottish Tory spokesman said yesterday: “Most right-thinking people will be appalled by these remarks.

“This is just the latest in a series of ill-judged comments from this particular comedian – a sure sign he is running out of anything genuinely funny to say.”

This Tory spokesman what does he say about right thinking people leaving children alone ?

Mr Boyle is just telling a joke whereas leaving your children alone can have more dramatic results.
portugalphilip1

Activity : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.07.12 16:03

So maybe he doesn't quite toe the Team McCann line quite as much as we thought titter

At around the same time there was some similar nonsense on Twitter from Graham Linehan, who also got cross with anyone who said a sceptical word about the McCanns. I think both he and Dara are actually decent and well-meaning people who just believe all the PR. Let's face it, Leveson's regurgitating their tale as gospel, and sanctifying the McCanns as terribly wronged people, so why wouldn't they? (I note that both men are also Irish - a nation that doesn't have a particularly blinding record of spotting bad stuff happening to kids...)

Until/unless a police investigation decides to bring the McCanns to trial, or Ameral gets them in court either in Portugal or the ECHR, the great and the good of this country will carry on saying they're completely innocent. Even if it gets to court, many of their supporters will be unwilling to admit they were mistaken if they can possibly find room for doubt that will make themselves took a) right and b) merciful.

I realise this isn't a popular view, but after so many years of watching this stuff I'm convinced it's the truth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by cath2756 26.07.12 21:51

I was lucky to go see Gerry Sadowitz last year at Adam Smith Theatre. He was hilarious and did make the joke about Madeleine within approx. 20 mins. However, within around the first 5 - 10 mins many people had walked out, including a local reporter who then went on to rip him to shreds in our local paper, later on that week???? Anyone who goes to see Gerry Sadowitz should know what to expect. BTW he makes reference in his show to Frankie Boyle stealing his act but not having the balls to go as far as him, which is true. As you say, the man is a genius and absolutely hilarious although I can understand (a bit) why folk would be offended

Advocatus wrote:With regard to Dara, he's on everything right now and he is already worth minllions, he knows exactly what he's saying and he's going along with the Establisment pro-McCann bias.

I have gone right off him now, hearing this, but he knows which side his bread is buttered on IMHO.

I'm with Frankie on this one, and if you think he's bad, have a listen to fellow Scot Gerry Sadowitz on the McCanns - IMHO he is an absolute genius, but will never ever again be on terrestrial TV.
cath2756

Activity : 103

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum