The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Leveson Inquiry: Crone, Myler and Sanderson give evidence - Page 2 Mm11

The Leveson Inquiry: Crone, Myler and Sanderson give evidence - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Leveson Inquiry: Crone, Myler and Sanderson give evidence - Page 2 Mm11

The Leveson Inquiry: Crone, Myler and Sanderson give evidence - Page 2 Regist10

The Leveson Inquiry: Crone, Myler and Sanderson give evidence

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Leveson Inquiry: Crone, Myler and Sanderson give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: The Leveson Inquiry: Crone, Myler and Sanderson give evidence

Post by Guest 14.12.11 14:13

Stella wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Stella the first tweet was just over 3 hours ago from Tom Worden in Barcelona. Not to much difference from when Tom Crone provided the infor on the diary.

I just wish I had been watching the LI live when he said it, to note the time.

It's about 2 hours ago that Crone was talking about diaries, whenyou look at twitter now they are 2 hours old.

GasparStatementGasparStatement

RT @hackinginquiry Crone says his understading was a representative of the #McCann s gave permission to run extracts of the diaries #leveson

2 hours ago

Tom Worden from Barcelona tweeted 3 hours ago from Spain is there a 1 hour time difference?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Leveson Inquiry: Crone, Myler and Sanderson give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: The Leveson Inquiry: Crone, Myler and Sanderson give evidence

Post by Guest 14.12.11 14:16

Me wrote:
Stella wrote:This needs to be added to the moving thingy at the top !!!

Well pointed out Aiyoyo. The Leveson Inquiry: Crone, Myler and Sanderson give evidence - Page 2 636911712

LOL! "moving thingy"! Is that a technical IT term??

Yes, of course it is. My IT vocabulary is on par with my recent discussion about lap top dancers. The Leveson Inquiry: Crone, Myler and Sanderson give evidence - Page 2 181154
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.12.11 14:17

Colin Myler now on........he's the one the McCanns said pressured them for the story I think.

IndexLevesonIndexLeveson

Myler is former editor of the News of the World #leveson

1 minute ago

RAGreeneCNNRAGreeneCNN

Last editor of #NewsoftheWorld, Colin Joseph Thomas Myler, sworn in at #phonehacking #Leveson inquiry. What will he say about Murdoch?

1 minute ago
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.12.11 14:24

Getting the ear phones on right now and listening online !!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 14.12.11 15:12

Any educated guess what crap excuse CR is going to come up with to counter their blog support for kate over her leaked diary? Anyone?

Press Release
Kate McCann Diary

22 September 2008

On 14 September 2008, the News of the World published substantial, “exclusive” extracts from the diary kept by Kate McCann at the time her daughter, Madeleine, was abducted.

In fact, Mrs McCann did not consent to the publication of this deeply personal, private material and only learned of what had happened after the newspaper had been published.

The News of the World assures Mrs McCann, and she accepts, that it acted in good faith and had no wish to invade her privacy or cause distress. The newspaper immediately removed the article from its website, has published a full apology for its error and has agreed to make a donation to be used by Mrs McCann in the search for her missing daughter.

Mrs McCann wishes to make clear that she had not consented and does not consent to the publication of her diary or of any extracts from it. As such, in the event that her wishes in this regard are not respected, she will immediately take appropriate action in order to protect her rights

All enquires should be addressed to Adam Tudor (adam.tudor@carter-ruck.com) or Isabel Hudson (isabel.hudson@carter-ruck.com).

Tel: (+44) 207 353 5005

Did NOTW really pay into the mccanns pte company? Was this accounted for and certified as correct by the auditors?

Was there in fact a breach of understanding on the NOTW's part or is there more to this story than meet the eyes?

Good faith purported by NOTW and accepted by mccanns!

It's funny that their good faith to print from permission given by mccanns Rep only met with having to folk out to mccanns pte purse and a public apology to save kate's face. And while kate accepted they acted in good faith she at at the same time accepted the payment.

Good faith and money don't go together isn't it as a norm?
Money given in good faith? Or Money given for action done out of good faith? Is there such a thing? I am confused.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 14.12.11 15:21

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id166.html

Kate McCann apology, 20 September 2008

Kate McCann apology News of the World

20/09/2008

Last week we published extracts from Kate McCann's diaries and explained in the article that we were doing so to "nail the lies" about Kate created by selective leaking from the diaries by Portuguese police.

We published the extracts in the belief held in good faith that we had Kate's permission to do so. It is now clear that our belief was misplaced, and that in fact Kate neither approved of nor knew that the extracts were to be published.

Upon learning of our error we immediately removed the extracts from our website and we today offer Kate our immediate and sincere apologies. We have agreed to make a donation to be used in the search for Madeleine. The News of the World remains wholly supportive of the McCanns and their continuing campaign to find their daughter.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 14.12.11 15:58

If mccanns were to come out and say they didnt know their representatives (note in plural as tweeted) gave NOTW permission is like saying right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

If NOTW mistook mccanns' representatives permission as representing their voice then from a logic viewpoint before NOTW agreed the settlement they would have pointed this out to the mccanns surely? So where does that leave mccanns' contention they were shocked by the leak and the publication?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 14.12.11 16:05

aiyoyo

I think you are right about 'the hands not knowing etc.". They have a mountain of statements and another one of printed articles - its bound to happen that confusion starts to reign/rain.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 14.12.11 16:28

Latest

16.14 Myler disputes that he "berated" Gerry McCann over the family's
interview with Hello Magazine, instead of News of the World. Instead, he
"merely pointed out to him" that Hello's circulation was relatively small at
300,000 against his millions. He says:

The Leveson Inquiry: Crone, Myler and Sanderson give evidence - Page 2 Quotes_1817837a
I had no cause at any stage to berate or be irate at Gerry. The
relationship was such that he would call and thank the NOTW for what we were
doing, and it was a relationship that I valued

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/leveson-inquiry/8934976/Leveson-Inquiry-live.html

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.12.11 16:44

Wow. bigshock ................... Clarence Mitchell mentioned many times, and if I hear correctly, that there is a 4 page transcript with Edmonson where he allegedly knew the diary was being printed fan

Some tweets.....

SelkieT Portilho-Shrimpton

Myler says Edmondson led him to believe he told Mitchell they had whole diary and extracts of it would go in the NoW #leveson

9 minutes

RT @hackinginquiry Myler: Edmondson assured me on more than one occasion that Clarence was aware of what we were intending #leveson #mccann

7 minutes

Also Myler was asked why did he apologise and pay out money if it was ok'd.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 14.12.11 16:46

Maybe the McCanns will sue Clarence Mitchell next?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41575

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 14.12.11 16:52

RT @skymarkwhite Myler: Source for the Kate McCann diaries story was a Portuguese journalist, who was given 3000 euros #Leveson

https://twitter.com/#!/search/skymarkwhite

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41575

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.12.11 16:54

fieldproducerNeal Mann

McCann's spokesperson RT @adavies4 Myler Ian Edmondson assured me that Clarence Mitchell had ok'd publication of Kate McCann's diaries.

17 minutes ago

patrickfoster2Patrick Foster

Colin Myler says Ian Edmondson told him that the McCanns were aware that the NOTW was going to publish her diaries...

19 minutes

YancyFaithYancyFaith

Mr. Mitchell was a very experienced media spokesperson [Was he? IDK.] and Ian said he said it was fine. #Leveson #McCann

17 minutes

veniviedivicinobby-Lobby

Edmonson + Clarence Mitchell had a very close working relationship ! #Leveson #McCann #scam

24 minutes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 14.12.11 16:56

16.31 "I was given an absolute categoric assurance Clarence knew
what we were doing," Myler says. There is a 'transcript' of
conversations between Edmondson and Mitchell. Why then did he apologise?

"Because I felt very bad she didn't know. Why would I do something as
personal as that, no matter how much behind a shield of nailing the lies in
the Portugese press", he says.

Leveson says the transcript between Edmondson and Mitchell discussing the
diary is highly ambiguous.

Myler refuses to say what they paid for the diary in the end. They made a
donation to the family's fund and printed an apology about the 'misplaced
understanding'.

16.19 Myler is asked about how Kate McCann's diary appeared in the
paper.

Ian Edmondson said in an email to Myler that the source was a female
Portuguese journalist. Their source was the Portuguese police, who
translated the diary. News of the World paid 3000 euros for it, with a final
payment of 20,000 euros for exclusive publication.

Edmondson was at that time in daily contact with Clarence Mitchell, the
family's spokesman. Myler said:

The Leveson Inquiry: Crone, Myler and Sanderson give evidence - Page 2 Quotes_1817837a
Ian Edmondson had assured me on more than one occasion Clarence was aware
of what we were intending to do and said 'Good'... I think it was clear that
Mr Edmondson had spelt out what he was doing

Myler says he made his views clear in the Friday news conference "by
using the phrase 'I do not want Kate to come out of church on Sunday morning
and find the diaries were there without her knowledge'... I wouldn't have
published if I thought she hadn't been made aware of it."

The Leveson Inquiry: Crone, Myler and Sanderson give evidence - Page 2 Mccann_1893415c

Colin Myler said he believed Kate McCann was happy for her diaries to be
printed by the News of the World. She was not.

The Leveson Inquiry: Crone, Myler and Sanderson give evidence - Page 2 Mc_1895650c

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/leveson-inquiry/8934976/Leveson-Inquiry-live.html

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.12.11 17:12

From the guardian................

4.41pm: Myler says he had been given a categorical assurance that the McCanns' representative Clarence Mitchell knew what they were about to do.

Edmondson had no view that there was anything ambiguous in what we were going to do.

However, Lord Justice Leveson describes a transcript of a conversation between Edmondson and Mitchell before the diaries were published as "ambiguous" and "not terribly clear".

4.36pm: Myler says:

I think the extracts that appeared in Portugal were very limited, but there was a transcript of a conversation where he explains to me that he's trying to get me to go big with it. In the course of that conversation Mr Mitchell tells me that he recalls an event where they [diaries had been used in part in the Portuguese press] … but only selective parts.

Asked why he apogised to the McCanns, Myler says:

I felt very bad that she didn't know.

Without her permission I wouldn't publish them.

Why would I do something as personal as that, however much behind the shield of nailing the lies of the Portuguese police?

I don't think that would be sufficient for the grief it caused her. I had nothing to gain and everything to lose.

4.30pm: Myler is asked why he did not phone Gerry McCann and ask whether the News of the World had the consent to publish the diaries.

He replies:

Ian Edmondson had assured me on more that one occasion that [the McCanns' spokesman] Clarence [Mitchell] was aware of what we were intending to do and had said 'good'. I think it was very clear from Edmondson's point of view that he had spelled out what he wanted to do.
I didn't want Kate coming out of church on Sunday morning and finding that her diaries were public knowledge.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/blog/2011/dec/14/leveson-inquiry-colin-myler-jon-chapman-live?CMP=twt_gu

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Me 14.12.11 18:23

So who’s telling porkies here then?

The QC has said that he has documents that “broadly support” News International’s claim that the McCann’s representatives approved publication.

According to Myler the diaries were printed on the understanding that Mitchell had ok’d it with Edmondson which seems to tie in with what the QC said above.

If Edmondson didn’t get that assurance then why would he say he had, knowing the damage and fall out it would cause both with the McCann’s and Mitchell?

If Mitchell had given the ok would he have done so without running it past K&G?

If Myler didn’t receive that assurance from Edmondson, he’s just gone on oath saying he did receive it!

Is Edmondson due before the enquiry at some point? Or better yet Mitchell?

What is certain is that since the start of the investigation there were  incongruent and even contradictory situations concerning the witness statements; the telephone records of calls that were made and received on mobile phones that belonged to the couple and to the group of friends that were on holidays with them; the movements of people right after the disappearance of the little girl was noticed, concerning the state in which the bedroom from where the child disappeared from was found (closed window? open window? partially open window?) etc., and the mystery would only become even thicker due to the clues that were left by the already mentioned sniffer dogs. - The Words of a JUDGE in relation to the McCanns
Me

Activity : 698

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.12.11 18:25

17.30 Clarence Mitchell has responded to the claim he approved the publiciation of the Kate McCann diary. He is very angry: he claims his contact with Edmondson was limited to one phone call and one text on the Friday and Saturday of publication. The text was "along the lines" of News of the World wanting to expose the lies of the Portuguese police (according to Channel 4's Andy Davies). Mitchell claims at no point did Edmondson spell out that the News of the World had Kate McCann's diary

Another interesting day tomorrow..........

Also giving evidence tomorrow are Daniel Sanderson, the former NOTW journalist whose name appeared on the Kate McCann diaries story; and Derek Webb, the private investigator hired as a 'freelance journalist'.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Me 14.12.11 18:27

candyfloss wrote:17.30 Clarence Mitchell has responded to the claim he approved the publiciation of the Kate McCann diary. He is very angry: he claims his contact with Edmondson was limited to one phone call and one text on the Friday and Saturday of publication. The text was "along the lines" of News of the World wanting to expose the lies of the Portuguese police (according to Channel 4's Andy Davies). Mitchell claims at no point did Edmondson spell out that the News of the World had Kate McCann's diary

Another interesting day tomorrow..........

Also giving evidence tomorrow are Daniel Sanderson, the former NOTW journalist whose name appeared on the Kate McCann diaries story; and Derek Webb, the private investigator hired as a 'freelance journalist'.

Well given the fallout about their publication he would say that wouldn't he! He's not going to admit to it is he!

What is certain is that since the start of the investigation there were  incongruent and even contradictory situations concerning the witness statements; the telephone records of calls that were made and received on mobile phones that belonged to the couple and to the group of friends that were on holidays with them; the movements of people right after the disappearance of the little girl was noticed, concerning the state in which the bedroom from where the child disappeared from was found (closed window? open window? partially open window?) etc., and the mystery would only become even thicker due to the clues that were left by the already mentioned sniffer dogs. - The Words of a JUDGE in relation to the McCanns
Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.12.11 18:28

Me wrote:So who’s telling porkies here then?

The QC has said that he has documents that “broadly support” News International’s claim that the McCann’s representatives approved publication.

According to Myler the diaries were printed on the understanding that Mitchell had ok’d it with Edmondson which seems to tie in with what the QC said above.

If Edmondson didn’t get that assurance then why would he say he had, knowing the damage and fall out it would cause both with the McCann’s and Mitchell?

If Mitchell had given the ok would he have done so without running it past K&G?

If Myler didn’t receive that assurance from Edmondson, he’s just gone on oath saying he did receive it!

Is Edmondson due before the enquiry at some point? Or better yet Mitchell?

Don't know about those two, they should now be called to "clarify" things. However Daniel Sanderson is appearing tomorrow, he who had his name on the Kates' diary articles. Wonder what he is going to tell us?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Me 14.12.11 18:37

Clearly now, the issue is not where the diary came from, it's whether once it became apparent that the NOTW had it did the Mccann's and/or Mitchell approve it for publication.

Crone & Myler say they were aware of it, Jay the QC said he had doucments broadly supporting that. Leverson seemed to think there was some ambiguity in a document but i'm not sure if he was referring to the same document Jay was or a different one.

So it seems the only conclusion is either Edmondson didn't tell Myler the truth or Mitchell isn't telling the truth.

What would be interesting to know is where did Crone get his view from. Did Edmondson tell him directly or did Myler tell Crone after being told by Edmondson?

Seems like it's a straight bitch fight between Edmondson and Mitchell on this one.

**update - And Mitchell's got his retaliation in first by the looks of things. He didn't waste any time did he! **

Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Me 14.12.11 18:59

Based on what Clarence has said here's what i'm struggling to believe.

If Edmondson called Mitchell and said " we plan to expose the PJ's lies" i remain sceptical that Clarence would have simply said "Really? That's great! Thanks for that! Bye" which is what his denial implies.

Anyone, and certainly a media spokesman, would surely have said "Really? That's great! What have you got which will do that?"

So if Clarence didn't ask that question, then why not? He's basically asking us to believe he didn't do his job properly because i fail to see how after being told by Edmondson they had something he wouldn't have then asked the question as to what that something was.

Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 14.12.11 19:05

Me wrote:Based on what Clarence has said here's what i'm struggling to believe.

If Edmondson called Mitchell and said " we plan to expose the PJ's lies" i remain sceptical that Clarence would have simply said "Really? That's great! Thanks for that! Bye" which is what his denial implies.

Anyone, and certainly a media spokesman, would surely have said "Really? That's great! What have you got which will do that?"

So if Clarence didn't ask that question, then why not? He's basically asking us to believe he didn't do his job properly because i fail to see how after being told by Edmondson they had something he wouldn't have then asked the question as to what that something was.

A very good point Me. Mitchell would surely have wanted to know every detail about what was going to print, after all that was his job with the McCanns, to monitor what went into the media.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.12.11 19:08

Nina wrote:
Me wrote:Based on what Clarence has said here's what i'm struggling to believe.

A very good point Me. Mitchell would surely have wanted to know every detail about what was going to print, after all that was his job with the McCanns, to monitor what went into the media.

Good point Me thumbsup he surely would have asked what story is that then?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie 14.12.11 19:20

When reading CM's denial regarding the publishing of the diary extracts please bear in mind the remark that was made about lies and teeth!

The Leveson Inquiry: Crone, Myler and Sanderson give evidence - Page 2 110921
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 14.12.11 19:25

candyfloss wrote:Wow. bigshock ................... Clarence Mitchell mentioned many times, and if I hear correctly, that there is a 4 page transcript with Edmonson where he allegedly knew the diary was being printed fan

Yet CM is furious claiming he'd but one convo between Fri and Sat with Edmondson. Must be one hell of a long call because it ran to 4-page transcript. NOTW recording every convo they had is a wondering thing - well CM cannot avoid the verbatim transcript even with his penchant to tell porky pies.

suppo
se!

Some tweets.....

SelkieT Portilho-Shrimpton

Myler says Edmondson led him to believe he told Mitchell they had whole diary and extracts of it would go in the NoW #leveson

9 minutes

RT @hackinginquiry Myler: Edmondson assured me on more than one occasion that Clarence was aware of what we were intending #leveson #mccann

7 minutes

Also Myler was asked why did he apologise and pay out money if it was ok'd.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top