The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Birthday Gift from Maddie - 'The Sun'  1st Feb 2010 - Page 2 Mm11

Birthday Gift from Maddie - 'The Sun'  1st Feb 2010 - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Birthday Gift from Maddie - 'The Sun'  1st Feb 2010 - Page 2 Mm11

Birthday Gift from Maddie - 'The Sun'  1st Feb 2010 - Page 2 Regist10

Birthday Gift from Maddie - 'The Sun' 1st Feb 2010

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Birthday Gift from Maddie - 'The Sun'  1st Feb 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Birthday Gift from Maddie - 'The Sun' 1st Feb 2010

Post by Kololi 01.02.10 18:21

I get cards and presents from my dog and if I am honest he is better clued in to my likes and dislikes than my hubby is as the dog's presents are always better than those from my hubby :)
Kololi
Kololi

Activity : 687

Back to top Go down

Birthday Gift from Maddie - 'The Sun'  1st Feb 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Birthday Gift from Maddie - 'The Sun' 1st Feb 2010

Post by Pascal 01.02.10 19:08

Kololi wrote:I get cards and presents from my dog and if I am honest he is better clued in to my likes and dislikes than my hubby is as the dog's presents are always better than those from my hubby :)

Same here. big grin
Pascal
Pascal

Activity : 627

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold 01.02.10 21:54

Pascal wrote:
marigold wrote:
Pascal wrote:Good grief.

My OH sends me cards from my animals. He even send me one from one of my cats, who was very special to me and who died over two years ago. It's just a gesture. No doubt you'll think I'm a freak now.

They want the twins to remember their sister is all. Really, are these silly little reports in a crappy newspaper worth that much of your time?

So you don't believe the 'silly little reports' then? You think it's untrue that the twins are given presents from Maddie by their parents?
Sorry I think it's incredibly irresponsible of the Mccanns to let the twins assume that Maddie's well and happy enough to give them presents and yet tell them that she's prevented from coming home by a 'monster'. If you think it's ok well that's up to you. And you are an adult not a child and Madeleine is a human being and not a cat.

I think it's incredibly irresponsible for posters to go off on a tangent based on crap they read in newspapers, thus generating more hatred - but heigh ho.

Would you sooner the twins blotted out all existence of Madeleine? Would you not consider that to offer a gift from the missing child is to keep her in the thoughts of the twins who were so very young when she disappeared? I'm at a loss how you can see this as a bad thing, I really am. I don't think I'm alone in that either.

I doubt very much they have even brought 'monsters into the conversation as to where Madeleine is.

Oh and fyi, not ever having had children, my animals are as dear to me as a child would be - take that how you like. Distort it and expect flak.

'Distort it and expect flak'. What on earth are are you talking about? The fact is that you understand the reasoning behind someone giving you a present from a deceased cat. The twins are not adults. They cannot possibly comprehend how Maddie can be held captive and yet send them presents. It is a totally different scenario.
marigold

Activity : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi 01.02.10 23:03

Hi
Maybe I took the mickey a little in my post about my dog and should not have done in this thread that seems to have emotions running high.

Truth is, my hubby wrapping up little gifts for me from my dog on special occasions means a lot to me because he is a child substitute as my two are both grown and would look at me oddly if I asked them to sit on my lap while I tickled their tummy......

Animals, rightly or wrongly, are thought of by some of us dafter folk (no offense meant Pascal, just a glimpse of your world being a daft doggy owner person myself) in the same way as a mum might see her child.

We let children think that Santa comes down the chimney bearing gifts for the good children in his red sack. How many children seriously grow up negatively affected by this bit of fibbing and making Xmas a time of wonder and excitement for small children?

I honestly do not think that wrapping a gift for the younger children from Madeleine is so bad at all. She remains included in their family by such a gesture and whilst it does leave one wondering if maybe they do get a tadge confused now of how she managed to get the gift there I am sure that the confusion will pass as the youngsters suss out it is really mum and dad wrapping them - just like we all giggled a bit at our parents when they needed us to believe in Santa way past the time when we actually stopped believing.

Come on people - if there is no pressie from Madeleine than Madeleine is truly out in the cold and lost and that is a very sad thought.

Take care
Kololi
Kololi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 01.02.10 23:39

Kololi wrote:Hi
Maybe I took the mickey a little in my post about my dog and should not have done in this thread that seems to have emotions running high.

Truth is, my hubby wrapping up little gifts for me from my dog on special occasions means a lot to me because he is a child substitute as my two are both grown and would look at me oddly if I asked them to sit on my lap while I tickled their tummy......

Animals, rightly or wrongly, are thought of by some of us dafter folk (no offense meant Pascal, just a glimpse of your world being a daft doggy owner person myself) in the same way as a mum might see her child.

We let children think that Santa comes down the chimney bearing gifts for the good children in his red sack. How many children seriously grow up negatively affected by this bit of fibbing and making Xmas a time of wonder and excitement for small children?

I honestly do not think that wrapping a gift for the younger children from Madeleine is so bad at all. She remains included in their family by such a gesture and whilst it does leave one wondering if maybe they do get a tadge confused now of how she managed to get the gift there I am sure that the confusion will pass as the youngsters suss out it is really mum and dad wrapping them - just like we all giggled a bit at our parents when they needed us to believe in Santa way past the time when we actually stopped believing.

Come on people - if there is no pressie from Madeleine than Madeleine is truly out in the cold and lost and that is a very sad thought.

Take care

no offense taken at all. Great post.
Pascal
Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 01.02.10 23:42

marigold wrote:
Pascal wrote:
marigold wrote:
Pascal wrote:Good grief.

My OH sends me cards from my animals. He even send me one from one of my cats, who was very special to me and who died over two years ago. It's just a gesture. No doubt you'll think I'm a freak now.

They want the twins to remember their sister is all. Really, are these silly little reports in a crappy newspaper worth that much of your time?

So you don't believe the 'silly little reports' then? You think it's untrue that the twins are given presents from Maddie by their parents?
Sorry I think it's incredibly irresponsible of the Mccanns to let the twins assume that Maddie's well and happy enough to give them presents and yet tell them that she's prevented from coming home by a 'monster'. If you think it's ok well that's up to you. And you are an adult not a child and Madeleine is a human being and not a cat.

I think it's incredibly irresponsible for posters to go off on a tangent based on crap they read in newspapers, thus generating more hatred - but heigh ho.

Would you sooner the twins blotted out all existence of Madeleine? Would you not consider that to offer a gift from the missing child is to keep her in the thoughts of the twins who were so very young when she disappeared? I'm at a loss how you can see this as a bad thing, I really am. I don't think I'm alone in that either.

I doubt very much they have even brought 'monsters into the conversation as to where Madeleine is.

Oh and fyi, not ever having had children, my animals are as dear to me as a child would be - take that how you like. Distort it and expect flak.

'Distort it and expect flak'. What on earth are are you talking about? The fact is that you understand the reasoning behind someone giving you a present from a deceased cat. The twins are not adults. They cannot possibly comprehend how Maddie can be held captive and yet send them presents. It is a totally different scenario.

It's petty is what it is. Just another reason for you to cough up your bile. Go ahead, better out than in.
Pascal
Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by bellatrix 01.02.10 23:46

Well said kololi,after all we dont know what the twins are told about the present eg that "although Madeleine is missing we know she would want you to have this on your special day".I find it laughable that people would think they are letting the twins believe Madeliene has gone out and bought it herself!! As I said in an earlier post I am sure the McCanns would have sought professional advice from their collegues.
bellatrix

Activity : 208

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 02.02.10 6:18

Why they even fed the Press with such trivial beggars belief.

Do the public need to know what twins did or got for b/day or what they did for the sister? I cant believe the Papers even waste space with such craps when there are atrocity and calamity elsewhere.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffin Assasin 02.02.10 7:21

bellatrix wrote:Well said kololi,after all we dont know what the twins are told about the present eg that "although Madeleine is missing we know she would want you to have this on your special day".I find it laughable that people would think they are letting the twins believe Madeliene has gone out and bought it herself!! As I said in an earlier post I am sure the McCanns would have sought professional advice from their collegues.

They had Ray Wyre on the case in the early days. thinking
Laffin Assasin
Laffin Assasin

Activity : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by simplyme 02.02.10 10:41

bellatrix wrote:Well said kololi,after all we dont know what the twins are told about the present eg that "although Madeleine is missing we know she would want you to have this on your special day".I find it laughable that people would think they are letting the twins believe Madeliene has gone out and bought it herself!! As I said in an earlier post I am sure the McCanns would have sought professional advice from their collegues.

Pity they didnt take the advice of ordinary parents - Never leave young children alone in an apartment while you go out drinking with your mates....
simplyme

Activity : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi 02.02.10 14:57

I couldn't agree more Simplyme. That is the bit that sticks in my throat totally and then they try and play it down and appear to blame everybody else for what has happened.

I still think, however, that this present being given to Madeleine's younger brother and sister is almost necessary if only to keep her part of her family. No matter what we see with hindsight or years of experience between us, they are her family and if Madeleine was to be found I truly think she would want to be with her mum and dad and brother and sister, regardless of how much we think Mr and Mrs McCann's behaviour stinks.

Maybe as Madeleine and the twins get older they might question their parents behaviour but obviously only time will tell us that and in Madeleine's case none of us know if she has the luxury of aging.

Take care
Kololi
Kololi

Back to top Go down

Post by aliberte2 02.02.10 19:46

aiyoyo wrote:Why they even fed the Press with such trivial beggars belief.

Do the public need to know what twins did or got for b/day or what they did for the sister? I cant believe the Papers even waste space with such craps when there are atrocity and calamity elsewhere.

.... It's the Sun?
aliberte2

Activity : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.02.10 5:55

Why?

Does it mean the Sun down-size page 3 tits to fit in the mccanns titter tatter?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold 03.02.10 11:01

Pascal, so it's 'bile' now to disagree with you. Firstly, this train of thought says a lot about you and secondly others have an opinion and I will express mine whether you like it or not so stick that in your pipe and smoke it. I think the Mccanns are sick, got it? So get over yourself.
marigold

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 03.02.10 12:05

Marigold. You should consider having your bile duct checked out else it might cost you a painful ulcer one day.

Your biggest mistake is to assume that those who find the McCanns' behaviour questionable should think in the same way as you do.

God forbid.
Pascal
Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 03.02.10 12:54

marigold wrote:Pascal, so it's 'bile' now to disagree with you. Firstly, this train of thought says a lot about you and secondly others have an opinion and I will express mine whether you like it or not so stick that in your pipe and smoke it. I think the Mccanns are sick, got it? So get over yourself.

It is silly to compare sending a postcard or whatever from your cat to the sick brainwashing of their children, as the McCanns are doing. Pascal, this is a forum and if people think that the McCanns are harming the well-bing of their children, they have every right to say so.
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

Post by bellatrix 03.02.10 14:14

We have NO idea in what context these presents are given or what the twins are told so its a bit OTT to call it sick brainwashing imo.
bellatrix

Back to top Go down

Post by bellatrix 03.02.10 14:17

bellatrix wrote:i WOULD GUESS they have sought advice on how to deal with the twins,they are in the medical profession and I would think there are child psychologists at the hospital Dr McCann works at that he could speak to.
bellatrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 03.02.10 14:30

Yes they are in the medical profession and what a total and utter disgrace they are to it.
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by bellatrix 03.02.10 15:05

never mind
bellatrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath 03.02.10 18:05

It's just a matter of opinion if it's silly or even worse they give the twins a present in the name of their sister. I've never walked their shoes, so it's impossible to tell what I would do.
Cath

Activity : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold 03.02.10 19:17

Autumn wrote:
marigold wrote:Pascal, so it's 'bile' now to disagree with you. Firstly, this train of thought says a lot about you and secondly others have an opinion and I will express mine whether you like it or not so stick that in your pipe and smoke it. I think the Mccanns are sick, got it? So get over yourself.

It is silly to compare sending a postcard or whatever from your cat to the sick brainwashing of their children, as the McCanns are doing. Pascal, this is a forum and if people think that the McCanns are harming the well-bing of their children, they have every right to say so.

Thank you Autumn :)
marigold

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 03.02.10 19:24

bellatrix wrote:never mind

Frightening isn't it..
Pascal
Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkle 03.02.10 21:14

Autumn wrote:Because of the neglect issues on the holiday, I would certainly support any action to bring charges against the McCanns - it would then be a matter for a court and social services to decide on whether the twins would be better off in care.

But there is no neglect issue, certainly not in the eyes of the law.
I can understand that posters have opinion on the parenting skills of the parents, but however you feel no neglect charges will be brought, neither will the twins be taken into care.
I work with kids who have to get themselves up for school in a morning, often in dirty clothes with no food in their bellies, kids who would rather jump the wall to get into school rather than stay at home, then sob themselves to sleep, kids who witness domestic violence on a daily basis, but aren't at risk because the violence hasn't been directed at them. These children are the ones who need help, need someone to care for them.
I wish people would please try to put things into perspective.........................but then of course their parents aren't murderers (that bit me being sarcastic)
twinkle
twinkle

Activity : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 03.02.10 21:52

Physical neglect is more obvious to identify than emotional neglect. I too work with children and, in my line of work, have come across children from wealthy well-to-do families who have suffered emotional abuse - just as damaging as physical. Its not just the children who are dirty and covered in bruises that suffer abuse and neglect.
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top