The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Wilkins - Page 2 Mm11

The Wilkins - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Wilkins - Page 2 Mm11

The Wilkins - Page 2 Regist10

The Wilkins

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Wilkins - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wilkins

Post by Guest 01.05.12 20:16

jd wrote:
Stewie wrote:his statements also seem to change and become more embellished over time...

on 4 May he gives a statement to the police (translated by Robert Murat) . the statement says that he contacted the police to relay suspicious "rasta" man that he saw in the tapas bar area on the third between 8.30 and 9.00 pm. Nothing in this statement about seeing Gerry or Jane Tanner.

Given that he says he was woken up at 1.30 in the morning of 4th and asked if he saw anything, you wonder why, if he was suspicious about rasta man, he didn't mention it then but waited until the next day to mention it.

His next statement is 7 May after he returned home. This statement comes about from a request by Amaral to leicester police to question Wilkins further. Presumably because Gerry has given a statement saying he talked with Wilkins on 3rd.

So the police get a statement .
This time he says he left his apartment between 8.15 and 8.30pm, walked around the complex, went to the tapas bar, saw GM (no time given) then went back to his apartment. He says he was woken up at 1am by the resort manager and Matt telling him madeleine was gone and asking if he'd seen anything. He just says "you're joking".
Now, given that 1am on 4th is BEFORE giving the statement on 4th about "rasta man", why wouldn't he mention seeing him at this point, given that it was suspicious enough to have mentioned him the next day?

Also, in giving this statement 3 days after his 4 may statement, why not include rasta man?
He doesn't at this point mention seeing Jane Tanner on his way down to the tapas bar either...

Next statement is 31 October 2007 which is pretty much the same as the 7 May statement.

Next statement is 8 April 2008 and this is more comprehensive:
-8.30 pm left apartment
- on way down to tapas bar looked over at Mccann's block and saw Jane Tanner in front of the block wearing purple top.
- went down to tapas bar, saw rasta man
- back up towards his apartment, saw Gerry between 8.45 and 9.15pm

on 10 May 2009 the Daily Express also have a report of an elderly british woman who has lived in PDL for 30 years and has a villa near the ocean club. She doesn't want to give her name but she was driving to the supermarket just before it closed at 8pm. She saw a woman opposite the apartments, long dark hair, plum top. Seemed to be waiting, didn't want to be seen. She says she asked a relative to tell the police what she had seen.

Makes you wonder who this who this lady was and why she wanted to remain anonymous - Jennifer Murat perhaps because in her statement she says she went to the supermarket about 8pm.. Can't see any statements in the police files around this though.

Given Wilkins says he saw Jane and this lady says she saw someone of the same description, was Jane hanging around the apartments earlier. Maybe she was having a fag on the way to the tapas who knows but should be asked. Her phone records say she was in sms contact with another mobile at 8.30 on this night (and again to same number at 904 the next morning) ..

Lots of question but not many answers at this stage..

All the statements and the daily express article are in the link below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Stewie you have hit Gold here and I think we have all overlooked it. I am a great believer that the very first statements are where the truth lies & the story they were planning, their 2nd and RI's are to mop up any inconsistencies they have been caught out with. Jez Wilkins says on the 4th May "He told us that yesterday, between 8.30 and 9pm, while he was in the "TAPAS" restaurant.......This person did not stay very long. Their behaviour was somewhat strange and they seemed to be rather nervous"......3 days later in his PJ statement on 7th May he says "I was pushing the pram around the complex and went to the toilet near the bar. I could not see inside the restaurant. As I got the baby to sleep, I was on my way back to the apartment. I came out at the top road."

On the 4th he says he was 'in' the restaurant and on the 7th he says he could 'not see inside' the restaurant. On the 4th he says he saw a Rasta type suspicious man 'in' the restaurant who did not stay long, he would have had to been hanging around inside the restaurant to observe this which he could't do if only went to the toilet and moved on.

Stewie what you say here is abolsutely bang on. Wilkins makes no mention of meeting gerry, jane tanner on the 4th whereas in his 7th statement he makes no mention of the Rasta man!!! Then...on april 2008 he now saw rasta man again and he also saw jane tanner too!!!!

Wow!!

SY are you going to investigate this and another glaring contradiction of their statements? or is it more important to bash the PJ in following up a lead that a French couple heard a rumour

JD - i'd forgotten I'd written that.... Thought it was important at the time but discussions move on and none seemed to pick up on it .. but remember thinking I smelt fish ... I wonder if Mr Wilkins was telling the misses he was walking the child around the block a few times but was really sitting in the Tapas bar quaffing the vino... hence the just popped in to use the loo for half an hour even though my apartment is only meters away - like being in your back garden....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 01.05.12 20:26

This is what I was thinking, was he really at the Tapas bar the night of the 3rd May. The first statement of May 4th certainly suggests that he was. He does not even mention walking his child in the pram either

"while he was in the "TAPAS" restaurant, he noted...." this says he was there and observed rasta man coming in
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.05.12 20:30

According to this in Bridgett O'Donell's own words it was Wednesday they went to the tapas restaurant. On Thursday May 3rd they stayed in.........

After taking our children to dinner a couple of times, we decided on the Wednesday night to try the service at the club.

We had booked a table for two at Tapas and were placed next to the Doctors' regular table. One by one, they started to arrive. The men came first. Gerry McCann started chatting across to Jes about tennis. Gerry was outgoing, a wisecracker, but considerate and kind, and he invited us to join them. We discussed the children. He told us they were leaving theirs sleeping in the apartments. While they chatted on, I ruminated on the pros and cons of this. I admired them, in a way, for not being paranoid parents, but I decided that our apartment was too far off even to contemplate it. Our baby was too young and I would worry about them waking up.

My phone rang as our food arrived; our baby had woken up. I walked the round trip to collect him from the kiddie club, then back to the restaurant. He kept crying and eventually we left our meal unfinished and walked back again to the club to fetch our sleeping daughter. Jes carried her home in a blanket. The next night we stayed in. It was Thursday, May 3.

i don\'t know So which is it? Reading what is said in the statement on 4th May, it definitely reads as though he/they were in the Tapas bar, yet BOD says they stayed in.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.05.12 20:35

I read that the "rasta man" was identified as a holidaymaker Mr Sperrey . He had a 9pm booking on 3 May at the tapas so had a legit reason for being around the area.. odd there is no statement in the pj files from him though. if he was in the tapas at 9 he might be able to verify the comings and goings of the doctors...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 01.05.12 20:40

He was saying the night of the 3rd. Firstly this first statement dated the 4th says 'yesterday'

From Wilkins April 8th statement (I've just included the relevant bits) "I left my apartment pushing my son's pram so that he could sleep. I did not have a particular direction to follow nor did I have a specific time to do this. I left the apartment and turned right. I walked via the lower street, looked to the building block where the McCann apartment was situated and saw a woman dressed in purple clothing. I referred to this woman in relation to the questions asked by Jane Tanner. At the next crossing, I turned right and continued on down the hill. At this point, I saw a man that was coming from the road and was headed to the reception. I believe that he was with a woman but I cannot be precise of any detail about her. It was a tall Caucasian man, with blonde hair in 'rasta style' tied with a band instead of free flowing. When I arrived, I headed to the WC near the pool area. He also was in the WC but appeared to be a taking a long time. I do not remember if he was still in that place when I left. I did not see a woman in that zone...........The next morning, after having become aware of Madeleine's disappearance..........After leaving the WC, I continued to walk around the back of the tennis court, and returned via the pathway opposite the pool in the Tapas complex.........When I left the street, I remember seeing Gerry on the other side of the same. I believe that there was some speculation in the press regarding the circumstances of this encounter."
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 01.05.12 20:42

Wilkins may have had a drink at the tapas BAR but they did not dine in the restaurant on the 3rd May, ref: Tapas Restaurant booking forms.
friedtomatoes

Activity : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 01.05.12 21:42

But Wilkins stated later that he never said that he saw Gerry at 9.15. In fact he complained that he'd been pressurized to say so and was fed up with it, or words to that effect.
The 9.15 came from Gerry, not JW. I did look it up not long ago - can't find it just now.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 01.05.12 21:57

tigger wrote:But Wilkins stated later that he never said that he saw Gerry at 9.15. In fact he

complained that he'd been pressurized to say so and was fed up with it, or words to that effect.
The 9.15 came from Gerry, not JW. I did look it up not long ago - can't find it just now.

wilkins said his meeting was between 8 45 and 9 15 and he couldnt pin it down any further than that and that wasnt the only thing he complained about, he was harrassed apparently by team mccann, see last para

friedtomatoes

Activity : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 02.05.12 7:17

friedtomatoes wrote:
tigger wrote:But Wilkins stated later that he never said that he saw Gerry at 9.15. In fact he

complained that he'd been pressurized to say so and was fed up with it, or words to that effect.

wilkins said his meeting was between 8 45 and 9 15 and he couldnt pin it down any further than that and that wasnt the only thing he complained about, he was harrassed apparently by team mccann, see last para

Thanks for finding that again. That's exactly what I meant, TM wanted a definite witness to 9.15, JW would not supply it - he could easily have done so in the circumstances, so that's why I don't think he's got anything to do with it.
The length of time they talked also varied a lot, Gerry going for the longest obviously.
A reconstruction would show the likely time quite clearly. Even anyone who cared to follow Jeremy's account - pushing a pram, would arrived at a good estimate.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by tuom 02.05.12 10:49

friedtomatoes wrote:

[url=http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY_BRIGET.htm

I know I read somewhere that the Smith Family were also contacted by TM or some agent of theirs and that he has been contacted by tabloids , I will try and find it , is in the PJ files I think ......[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tuom
tuom

Activity : 583

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 02.05.12 11:11

tigger wrote: TM wanted a definite witness to 9.15, JW would not supply it - he could easily have done so in the circumstances, so that's why I don't think he's got anything to do with it.
The length of time they talked also varied a lot, Gerry going for the longest obviously.
A reconstruction would show the likely time quite clearly. Even anyone who cared to follow Jeremy's account - pushing a pram, would arrived at a good estimate.

probably brian kennedy got to him laughat

From April 2008 statement Wilkins says "Whilst walking the streets, I was hoping my son would fall asleep. Some of the walkways did not have an exit and for this reason I walked practically in circles. When walking one of these paths, I came across a tourist called Curtis with his girlfriend whose name I do not know. He also knew Gerry from the tennis lessons. I remember passing by them but I assumed they were headed to dinner. Eventually, I left one road to the other side of the street to the pool complex, between the McCann apartment and the Tapas Bar"

Is there a statement from 'Curtis' to confirm this? I can't see one...he may have seen the woman with the purple top and gerry?

jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 11.08.12 6:42

This is a very interesting topic.
I find it incredible that JW & O'D, both of whom had worked for Crimewatch, both with untold media and police contacts kept right out of the way of the whole search.
Jes' niche market for "human interest" stories (and some very bizarre, looking at the list of films/documentaries he's been involved with producing) & O'Donnell's journalism experience.... the biggest breaking news story of the decade and they... what? Weren't interested? Weren't prepared to help search?
O'D didn't want Jes to go out because she was afraid of being alone with her thoughts?
PULL THE OTHER ONE.

Amazing coincidence also, that JW was carrying a bundle through the streets of PDL the night before Maddie apparently disappeared - his sleeping 3 yr old blond daughter, wrapped in a blanket. Sounds remarkably like Tanner's bundle man, no?
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 11.08.12 13:44

i think you will find mr wilkins,was pushing his girl in a buggy,not carrying her joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.08.12 13:47

I think we are talking of different days. On 3rd May JW was wheeling his baby SON in a buggy when he met Gerry. I don't know anything about him carrying his daughter the previous evening which is what Lance is referring to.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.08.12 13:50

joyce1938 wrote:i think you will find mr wilkins,was pushing his girl in a buggy,not carrying her joyce1938

No joyce, Lanceis talking about the night before when they picked the child up from creche and carried her home in a blanket. From the Guardian article written by Bridget O'Donnell......................................

My phone rang as our food arrived; our baby had woken up. I walked the round trip to collect him from the kiddie club, then back to the restaurant. He kept crying and eventually we left our meal unfinished and walked back again to the club to fetch our sleeping daughter. Jes carried her home in a blanket. The next night we stayed in. It was Thursday, May 3.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 11.08.12 14:21

thanks for reminding of that time carried home ,it had skipped my mind ,joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 11.08.12 14:25

Yes, thanks Candyfloss.

It was the evening of Wed 2nd May when Jes carried his sleeping, blond 3 year old daughter, wrapped in a blanket back to their apartment from the kiddie creche.

This is a separate occasion to when he was pushing the buggy and apparently bumped into Gerry outside 5a, which was on the evening of Thu 3rd.
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by Genbug 12.08.12 18:43

Lance De Boils wrote:This is a very interesting topic.
I find it incredible that JW & O'D, both of whom had worked for Crimewatch, both with untold media and police contacts kept right out of the way of the whole search.
Jes' niche market for "human interest" stories (and some very bizarre, looking at the list of films/documentaries he's been involved with producing) & O'Donnell's journalism experience.... the biggest breaking news story of the decade and they... what? Weren't interested? Weren't prepared to help search?
O'D didn't want Jes to go out because she was afraid of being alone with her thoughts?
PULL THE OTHER ONE.

Amazing coincidence also, that JW was carrying a bundle through the streets of PDL the night before Maddie apparently disappeared - his sleeping 3 yr old blond daughter, wrapped in a blanket. Sounds remarkably like Tanner's bundle man, no?

Agree with you completely Lance. A controversial documentary maker and a journalist, and they didn't hang around or get involved? Like you say, pull the other one!
Genbug

Activity : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 02.07.13 16:15

jd wrote:Came across an interesting article researching the Wilkins. They just happened to be ex producers for Crimewatch who played an active part in the Find Madeleine campaign. They both specialise in crimewatch reconstructions ...mmmmm. Also Bridget was working on a book in 2010 about a London Police Inspector who exposed British Sex Trafficking in the 1880s

Also interesting info re the phone call to the diplomat GM made on 3rd May (Alistair Clark)....the ever elusive Mr Clark. Was he friends with Nick Cook (ex crimewatch presenter)?

NORFOLK MASONS JIM CARTER AND MIKE COLE BROUGHT CRIMESTOPPERS TO UK

A CRIMINAL MAST£R PLAN

THANKS TO TWO GREAT YARMOUTH MASONS THIRTY YEARS AGO, AN ANONYMOUS INFORMANT SCHEME TRAVELLED FROM THE US TO NORFOLK BEFORE GOING NATIONWIDE. ROBERT PRICE CHARTS THE RISE OF CRIMESTOPPERS

According to the parliamentary official record, Hansard, a debate took place in the House of Commons on 18 June 2008, when it was acknowledged that Crimestoppers was begun in ‘the sleepy backwater of a Norfolk seaside town’.

It was in the east coast resort of Great Yarmouth that the nationally acclaimed and successful crime-busting Crimestoppers scheme was born thirty years ago thanks to a proactive police officer and community-spirited shop manager. Norfolk masons Jim Carter and Mike Cole were both involved from the outset and as a result of their enthusiasm and commitment, the scheme has gone on to be a national and indeed international weapon to combat crime.

Detective Inspector (as he was in 1983) Michael Cole was part of a delegation of Norfolk policemen who had travelled to Illinois in the US to spend time exchanging ideas with police forces in the Chicago area. As expected, the forces carried out similar work, and learning about mobile patrols, carrying firearms and community policing was a natural progression. However, Mike discovered something interesting that was having a beneficial effect within local communities outside the metropolis of Chicago.

While in a small town called Peoria, Mike was chatting with his US colleagues in the police headquarters and a phone kept ringing, answered by an officer who seemed dedicated to that task.

Mike was told that the local force offered money for information leading to the capture and arrest of local criminals. The scheme was proving successful, giving complete anonymity to the informer.

Returning to Great Yarmouth, Mike submitted a report recommending the idea and was duly given permission to introduce it in Great Yarmouth. The Norfolk Constabulary provided an officer, an office and dedicated hotline from nine to five, with an answer phone for out of hours calls, at the Great Yarmouth Police Station. Publicity was provided by the Great Yarmouth Mercury newspaper, which explained the scheme and assured callers that they would never be asked for their names; they would be identified by a code and given a password known only to them and the officer. If the information led to a charge, but not necessarily a conviction, there would be a cash reward paid discreetly by a third party.

The funding to pay for information could have proved a stumbling block. However, when Jim Carter, at the time the manager of the local Woolworths, found out that funding was required, he acted quickly, contacting his commercial and business colleagues in the town. Soon, a fund of money was raised to pay the rewards; local businesses and individuals donated thousands of pounds to help finance the project.

The scheme took off very quickly and as Mike explains, ‘there is no honour amongst thieves where money is concerned’. Arrangements were made with the informant to meet at a location in the town and the money handed over after the codes and password were given. As a result of the scheme, crime started to drop, especially when a prolific offender was taken off the streets. On one occasion, Jim was the go-between and recalls handing money over to an informant who turned out to be a lady apprehended in the store for shoplifting the week before. She remarked to Jim, ‘Oh, it’s you Mr Carter, thank you so much for being so polite last week.’

‘an informant once turned out to be a lady apprehended for shoplifting. She Remarked to Jim, “Oh, it’s you Mr Carter, thank you for being so polite last week” ’

As the Crimestoppers scheme gained momentum, so the media both at regional and national levels picked up the story. TV coverage on Thames Television and Anglia Television meant the project went national in 1988, with more than five thousand calls made to the hotline in its first year. Both Mike and Jim addressed seminars and gave lectures on the project as it expanded nationally.

The latest figures available for the period April 2011 to the end of March 2012 show that twenty-two people are arrested every day, someone is charged with murder every seven days, £7.72 million worth of stolen goods have been recovered, and £22.34 million worth of illegal drugs have been seized. All of these have come about as a result of ninety-five thousand, two hundred and seventy-six pieces of useful information about crime.

This June, Michael and Jim will be celebrating the thirtieth anniversary of the scheme’s introduction to Great Yarmouth, as will other local supporters of the Crimestoppers initiative. Both readily admit the scheme could not have succeeded without help from other police officers, local personalities, local media and the people of Great Yarmouth. A project born in a sleepy backwater in Norfolk by a couple of Freemasons has grown to maturity and is certainly punching its weight across the nation.

MASKED HEROES
In 2009, Crimestoppers released a set of marketing materials to communicate its service as an alternative route for passing on information about crime and its anonymity. Research showed that among the public there was not a clear understanding about what anonymity actually meant, so the materials had to explain it for a potential user of the 0800 555 111 hotline. The resulting campaign featured three masked superheroes – Zorro, Batman and Robin – with the simple tag line, ‘Fight crime without revealing your identity.’

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

robert murat did work for Norfolk police.....

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 02.07.13 16:17

Is there more to Crimestoppers than meets the eye?

The Crimestoppers organisation, seems, at first glance, to have very noble intentions.

It offers the opportunity to report crimes anonymously via a freephone telephone number and apparently helps the police with their work.

Could it be though, that as with so many other things in filthy Britain, Crimestoppers is not as it appears to be?

Could it be that Crimestoppers is actually being used as a way of “gatekeeping” to filter out callers who may be reporting VIP criminality in the UK.

Take the example of a whistleblower or victim who wants to report child abuse but is too scared to contact the police directly.

Isn’t it probable they might call Crimestoppers, naively believing them to be impartial, and tell them all about the abuse they’ve suffered or witnessed?

They may even name important names and give detailed information in the hope that the perpetrators will be investigated and punished.

But as the phone goes down, who exactly gains access to all of that information?

We’re beginning to understand just how far the authorities are willing to go to cover-up their filthy activities as recent reports on VIP abuse scandals have revealed.

Could Crimestoppers be yet another layer of the cover-up?

If we look at who exactly runs Crimestoppers, it becomes even more mysterious.

Here are the names of some of the organisation’s Trustees:

1) Nick Ross-

The former colleague of murdered presenter Jill Dando. His wife Sarah Caplin, is a cousin of Esther Rantzen and a founding director of Childline. Suspicions have been raised that Childline is also a “gatekeeping” front organisation which is used to gather data on any child abuse reports that may involve VIPs.

2) Michael Ashcroft-

The controversial Tory donor who pays no tax and has non-dom status. He has been described as ruthless and “not a man to cross”. Made a Baron by Her Maj.

3) Peter Imbert-

A former Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police who was in charge from 1987-1993 and may have a lot of information about why abuse claims made between these dates were ignored. Made a Baron by her Maj.

4) Lord Waheed Ali-

The first openly gay peer in Parliament and a wealthy entrepreneur. Owns a business, Shine Entertainment, with Rupert Murdoch’s daughter Elisabeth. Is a close friend of Tony Blair. Made a Baron by Her Maj.

5) Peter Clarke-

A former Metropolitan Royal protection officer in charge of guarding Princess Diana at the time of her death. Made a CBE by Her Maj.

6) Sir Ronnie Flanagan-

A former Chief Inspector of Constabulary. Was previously in charge of policing in Northern Ireland and Iraq. May have a lot of information about why child-abuse rings have been covered up.

Is Crimestoppers board of trustees really as it appears to be?

Is Crimestoppers really a force for good?

Is Crimestoppers really a “front” organisation with sinister ulterior motives?

Is Crimestoppers actually the very last number you should call if you want to report a crime?

Isn’t it high-time we found out?

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 02.07.13 16:21

Anonymous comment on Joana Morais article "Euro Weekly News: Gaspars on David Payne odd Behaviour"

Anonymous said... 28
The Home Secretary's Advisor, Sir Ronnie Flanagan was educated at Queens University Belfast as was Crimewatch UK's Nick Ross - who graduated from the University at the same time as Flanagan (those following the case may recall that Ocean Club witness Jeremy Wilkins and his partner, Bridget O Donnell were Crimewatch UK producers).

Nick Ross and Sir Ronnie Flanagan are also Trustee Directors of Crimestoppers UK, the trust responsible for handling all the calls on behalf of the McCann investigation in the UK.

Gerry McCann's friend, Dr Alistair Clark (the man Gerry is alleged to have called on the evening of May 3rd) is currently senior Lecturer in Political Science at Queens University Belfast.

Sir Ronnie Flanagan also featured in the Omagh Bombing tragedy, as did Belfast Solictor, Peter Corrigan who was pledging his support to the McCann's legal defence in September last year. It was Corrigan who had suspected Omagh bomber, Sean Hoey cleared in 2007. Flanagan was earlier criticised for the role he played in handling the RUC inquiry into the Omagh Bombing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.07.13 21:13

Not sure if this has been mentioned on here before or not.

google Abel Danger and crimewatch

google Abel Danger Crimewatch Madeleine McCann
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 08.07.13 16:48

WITNESS TESTIMONY OF JEREMY WILKINS
Date: 8 April 2008

The next morning, after having become aware of Madeleine's disappearance, we went to breakfast and left the children in the club. Bridget and I returned to the apartment and minutes afterward, a uniformed police officer, accompanied by a British man serving as interpreter, showed up. Later we came to know him as Robert Murat. I do not remember if he gave me his details but recently when I was cleaning a bag, I came across a card with his name and telephone number. I believe that he may have given this to me so that we could contact him in case we had any additional information to offer.

Why would robert murat be 'slipping' his business card to wilkins? And also not give details of the PJ, the official police investigators..murat was a 'neighbour' who suddenly flew back in the middle of the night 2 days before the 'abduction', not police

Compare to, the man whom murat was less than half a mile away the week before in Exeter.... Witness statement of Russell James O'Brien 2007.07.11

The deponent would like now to inform that at some time he was aware that Robert Murat  assisted police officers [by] being the interpreter. Therefore, at some time, but already the following morning, it appeared to him, he [ROB] approached Robert Murat having asked him [RM] to give  him [ROB] his [RM's] telephone number because he [ROB] considered that at some time he might need the support of that person [RM] given that he spoke Portuguese correctly.

In truth Robert Murat furnished him with his mobile number which the deponent inserted into the calendar/address book of his own mobile phone. He doesn't recall exactly the time that happened but has the idea that it was already during the morning of 4 May [i.e. it was already daylight]. In an analysis of the  calendar/address book of the mobile phone by PJ officers it was verified that the number of Robert Murat was inserted there immediately before number 914..., indicated as being of David Priest. Questioned the deponent states that David was an Anglican priest [English vicar?] with whom the deponent spoke on the morning of 4 May, and [of/from] whom he had asked his [David P.'s] telephone number. He recalls that the conversation that he had had with that vicar was accomplished [done/made] already at the end of the morning in the Ocean Club it having been on that occasion that the deponent introduced that number into his calendar/address book.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum