The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Why did the McCann's request an extra bed? - Page 18 Mm11

Why did the McCann's request an extra bed? - Page 18 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Why did the McCann's request an extra bed? - Page 18 Mm11

Why did the McCann's request an extra bed? - Page 18 Regist10

Why did the McCann's request an extra bed?

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why did the McCann's request an extra bed? - Page 18 Empty Re: Why did the McCann's request an extra bed?

Post by russiandoll 02.08.12 13:26

I don't think they did get an extra bed but why was one requested, it is there on the booking form, very odd. Maybe an admin error..
re the car seats Tigger, can you think why DW suddenly goes to 6 seats after mentioning 5 children? Could they have been meeting and travelling from airport with a 6th child?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Why did the McCann's request an extra bed? - Page 18 Empty Re: Why did the McCann's request an extra bed?

Post by Nina 02.08.12 13:31

tigger wrote:Re the beds, they didn't get an extra bed did they? Because the twins beds in each room are standard and can be pushed together or left apart as one wishes.
So an extra bed would likely have been a third bed in the children's room?

Only thing I can think of is that it's very likely the twins slept in beds not cots. We did cover that some time ago and AnnaEsse has an article on it somewhere!
A double bed for the twins would have been safer than a single I think and there are quite a number of slip ups where Gerry or Kate mention beds instead of cots. Sean in particular was really too big for a cot by then, I'd think.

wasn't there talk of the Nanny going with them but she was called to Canada due to a family illness? Or have I just imagined that shame on you

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Why did the McCann's request an extra bed? - Page 18 Empty Why did the McCanns request an extra bed?

Post by Guest 02.08.12 13:36

I certainly have heard that Nina about the nanny and will try to find a link but it's possible it's a forum myth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 02.08.12 14:04

russiandoll wrote: I don't think they did get an extra bed but why was one requested, it is there on the booking form, very odd. Maybe an admin error..
re the car seats Tigger, can you think why DW suddenly goes to 6 seats after mentioning 5 children? Could they have been meeting and travelling from airport with a 6th child?

Surely a sixth child should be on the passenger list of the flight(s) at the time. It's very weird although I can't imagine that a sub would have come along that early - on the other hand, if one believes it was planned, a lot more is possible. I believed there was some planning, Prof. Plum had a very good post this week, I should copy it, it was the case in a nutshell.
He pointed out that the grief of suddenly losing a child doesn't allow for what followed. I agree with him.
So in that case, six is quite possible. But I'm a little puzzled now, I thought they didn't all fly out on the same flight?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 02.08.12 14:27

There is quite a lot on the Net about this supposed Nanny not going with them but just forum stuff. There was a TimesonLine piece about it but it has been whooshed so nothing with any meat.
Tigger, hi, they travelled with DP and Missis and mother in law and their two children, the others travelled from a different airport. This about two minibus puzzles me though as surely one would have been enough?

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 02.08.12 14:35

quote Tigger : " But I'm a little puzzled now, I thought they didn't all fly out on the same flight? "
will double-check but am quite sure the Paynes, Dianne Webster and McCanns travelled on same flight, the others from London
So there were 5 adults and 5 children, the latter DW refers to clearly in her rogatory. it is when she describes the scrabbling around at the airport in Portugal trying to get enough child car seats that she speaks of six seats..very strange.

because obviously there were five children in the group
and I think there was only, I don’t know if it was one seat or two seats, so there was a bit of time spent at the airport trying to find other seats err and I don’t think we did manage to get all six in the end

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.08.12 16:54

A minibus or minicoach is a passenger carrying motor vehicle that is designed to carry more people than a multi-purpose vehicle or minivan, but fewer people than a full-size bus. In the United Kingdom, the word "minibus" is used to describe any full-sized passenger carrying van. Minibuses have a seating capacity of between 8 and 30 seats.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They were 10, so the smaller type of minibus might not have sufficed.

ETA they could have decided to take 2 of the children on their lap, but I'm not sure people like McCann & Payne would do that ... winkwink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.08.12 17:00

I had a look again at the airport bus video
Can anyone make out whether all 3 McCann children are in a child seat?
The youngest Payne obviously is in a buggy. And I can see child's legs further down in the bus.
Possibly there was another couple with a child, who joined the "struggle" for additional child seats and thus DW is mentioning six seats needed ... ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.08.12 17:24

The bus in that footage is I presume just one used within the periphery of the airport and that's why there are other people on board. Mrs Webster is referring to the one hired to take the party from the airport to PDL.

I see that she is as eloquent as everyone else with the "errs"; maybe she just said six seats by mistake.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 02.08.12 17:27

The bus in the video ,looks a bit like the bus that might take people from plane to arrivals? looks like more people in that bus than the people that had travelled together to luz,cant make it out really if in mini bus ,surely all the kids woild all be on seats? this just doesnt look to me like hired mini bus i would recognise.joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.08.12 17:31

Yes, Jean, Joyce. I am talking TWO different buses: the TWO minibuses going TO the airport in the UK and the bus coming FROM the airport in PT with 5 children amongst them and DW mentioning six seats.

Sorry if addressing 2 different items in regard to buses wasn't clear enough.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 02.08.12 18:31

The bus video with the comment from GM using the F word is a public bus from the airport building to the plane, however at East Midlands where they flew from is a walk out and walk back on return. No bus. I have flown in and out many times from this airport and never ever was a boarding bus used. Yet from the video it looks like the party on the bus and then the clip of two little girls climbing the aircraft steps and one tripping.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 02.08.12 20:41

Nina wrote:The bus video with the comment from GM using the F word is a public bus from the airport building to the plane, however at East Midlands where they flew from is a walk out and walk back on return. No bus. I have flown in and out many times from this airport and never ever was a boarding bus used. Yet from the video it looks like the party on the bus and then the clip of two little girls climbing the aircraft steps and one tripping.
I agree, this is walk to the plane. Bussed other end at Pt where filmed, but what's to prove? He was nasty then and still is.

He's a nasty character who was there under pressure. I say to view properties provided by Murat.

Child tripping.

Madeleine didn't hit her knee/shin, she overbalanced, that's all. No cut, no blood. Even they could'nt make anything out of it.
Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 02.08.12 20:58

Spaniel wrote:
Nina wrote:The bus video with the comment from GM using the F word is a public bus from the airport building to the plane, however at East Midlands where they flew from is a walk out and walk back on return. No bus. I have flown in and out many times from this airport and never ever was a boarding bus used. Yet from the video it looks like the party on the bus and then the clip of two little girls climbing the aircraft steps and one tripping.
I agree, this is walk to the plane. Bussed other end at Pt where filmed, but what's to prove? He was nasty then and still is.

He's a nasty character who was there under pressure. I say to view properties provided by Murat.

Child tripping.

Madeleine didn't hit her knee/shin, she overbalanced, that's all. No cut, no blood. Even they could'nt make anything out of it.

I agree, she tripped. had it been anything she would have reacted at least to rub her leg, but she didn't it was a foreward miss of the step. So maybe then the bus was the one at Faro and the walking up the steps was East Midlands?
I don't think they were there to buy a property, they couldn't afford the place they lived in, but more went on that week than a family holiday imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by One 03.08.12 8:37

DW also remembers needing a sixth seat

".....and there was a bit of a kafuffle because we had, he’d asked for several child seats for the err bus because obviously there were five children in the group and I think there was only, I don’t know if it was one seat or two seats, so there was a bit of time spent at the airport trying to find other seats err and I don’t think we did manage to get all six in the end so we just sort of risked it and were driven to Praia Da Luz.”

And according to FP Madeleine went without.

"I think Madeleine didn't have a, a booster seat."

One
One

Activity : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 03.08.12 9:01

One wrote:DW also remembers needing a sixth seat

".....and there was a bit of a kafuffle because we had, he’d asked for several child seats for the err bus because obviously there were five children in the group and I think there was only, I don’t know if it was one seat or two seats, so there was a bit of time spent at the airport trying to find other seats err and I don’t think we did manage to get all six in the end so we just sort of risked it and were driven to Praia Da Luz.”

This mini bus from the airport, was it a taxi type or a hire type do we know?. If a taxi it would take them to the resort then return to the airport, but if a self drive type mini bus they would have driven to the resort and parked up so a vehicle available.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 03.08.12 9:05

Nina wrote:
Spaniel wrote:

Child tripping.

I agree, she tripped. had it been anything she would have reacted at least to rub her leg, but she didn't it was a foreward miss of the step. So maybe then the bus was the one at Faro and the walking up the steps was East Midlands?
I don't think they were there to buy a property, they couldn't afford the place they lived in, but more went on that week than a family holiday imo.

Exactly, although they were very keen to stay in Portugal after the event (which according to Dr. Ludke is a-typical) there was talk of learning Portuguese (although English should have been a priority imo) and Gerry said to a journalist that the twins didn't start school for two years in answer to a question on the length of their stay.
This makes no sense in view of the fact they said she was taken across the border within hours, seen in Belgium, Marocco etc. HQ with family support in the UK would be the sensible step to take.
I think they very much wanted to buy a villa in Portugal, hence the amazing speed of setting up the Fund. However, it is quite possible that Murat was persuaded to 'help' with such a purchase in mind for the future.
I also seem to remember that they made out that the villa they rented at some considerable cost was 'lent' to them by friends. Nothing makes the public so generous as hearing about others' generosity. That certainly was a good ploy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 03.08.12 9:52

tigger wrote:
Nina wrote:
Spaniel wrote:

Child tripping.

Exactly, although they were very keen to stay in Portugal after the event (which according to Dr. Ludke is a-typical) there was talk of learning Portuguese (although English should have been a priority imo) and Gerry said to a journalist that the twins didn't start school for two years in answer to a question on the length of their stay.
This makes no sense in view of the fact they said she was taken across the border within hours, seen in Belgium, Marocco etc. HQ with family support in the UK would be the sensible step to take.
I think they very much wanted to buy a villa in Portugal, hence the amazing speed of setting up the Fund. However, it is quite possible that Murat was persuaded to 'help' with such a purchase in mind for the future.
I also seem to remember that they made out that the villa they rented at some considerable cost was 'lent' to them by friends. Nothing makes the public so generous as hearing about others' generosity. That certainly was a good ploy.

Yes indeed they may have wanted a villa in Portugal, but they were cash strapped so it wouldn't have been possible when they went out, though as you say within days they could have bought one outright with all the money been sent to them, some of it mine aaagh
Re the airport bus, I am informed by a friend living near Faro that it isn't a Faro Airport bus, so where the hec was it as it most certainly wasn't East Midlands. Can you put the video here tigger, I have not got a clue how to do it, just so we can refresh our minds?

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 03.08.12 9:55

I wonder if they were considering buyng property in portugal,and had met mr mural in england ,i know g m wouldnt give a straight answer ,when asked had he met murat before,if the property business was murats job and he felt he may get a sle ,he may have neede to hot foot it over lat..e one night ,it may not be anything wierd he was there so quickly.It may have been his worst coincedence ever ,yet nothing sisister to it at all.One day we may a lot more to this whole sorry holiday joyce1938 sorry to ...ramble
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by One 03.08.12 10:05

Nina wrote:
One wrote:DW also remembers needing a sixth seat

This mini bus from the airport, was it a taxi type or a hire type do we know?. If a taxi it would take them to the resort then return to the airport, but if a self drive type mini bus they would have driven to the resort and parked up so a vehicle available.

According to Kate & DP it was a taxi/people carrier.

Apologies, I misread russiandoll's earlier post. I thought the reference to the 6th child came from DP and DW's statement was a second confirmation for a 6th child.
One
One

Activity : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 03.08.12 10:09

joyce1938 wrote:I wonder if they were considering buyng property in portugal,and had met mr mural in england ,i know g m wouldnt give a straight answer ,when asked had he met murat before,if the property business was murats job and he felt he may get a sle ,he may have neede to hot foot it over lat..e one night ,it may not be anything wierd he was there so quickly.It may have been his worst coincedence ever ,yet nothing sisister to it at all.One day we may a lot more to this whole sorry holiday joyce1938 sorry to ...ramble

Off topic so sorry Mods roses they as a group could have been wanting to purchase a bolt hole for 'in to each other' holidays.
Back to the extra bed titter

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 03.08.12 11:56

@ Nina
Here is the video link, this is not youtube but a Reuters video.

Sorry for going off topic, but you're all so interesting!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 03.08.12 12:06

tigger wrote:@ Nina

Moi titter interesting dance
The video is re the Pope, I meant the boarding the plane and the shuttle bus video. Tigger we must stop this off topic stuff or candyfloss will shout at us. No seriously we are disrupting the thread so lets either find the correct thread or just stfu

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 03.08.12 12:10

Nina wrote:

The video is re the Pope, I meant the boarding the plane and the shuttle bus video. Tigger we must stop this off topic stuff or candyfloss will shout at us. No seriously we are disrupting the thread so lets either find the correct thread or just stfu

Tut, tut Nina! It says Pope but delivers the airplane and bus video - don't know why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 03.08.12 12:21

tigger wrote:
Nina wrote:

Tut, tut Nina! It says Pope but delivers the airplane and bus video - don't know why.

Thanks tigger. I am trying to make out what is written on the plastic carriers that the children are holding, DW as well, but cannot stop the vid.
I am saying nowt else on this thread re the plane and bus notme

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top