The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

You CAN quote extracts from Dr Kate's book here - Page 2 Mm11

You CAN quote extracts from Dr Kate's book here - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

You CAN quote extracts from Dr Kate's book here - Page 2 Mm11

You CAN quote extracts from Dr Kate's book here - Page 2 Regist10

You CAN quote extracts from Dr Kate's book here

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You CAN quote extracts from Dr Kate's book here - Page 2 Empty Re: You CAN quote extracts from Dr Kate's book here

Post by russiandoll 23.05.12 10:43

Can't bring myself to read the book again, I wonder did the linguistically bizarre epsiode re- presumably Mrs Fenn get a rewrite?
When Kate complained about the plummy voiced lady not reacting appropriately to being told Madeleine was missing.
Kate said that the lady reacted as if she had been told a can of beans had fallen off a shelf rather than a child had been stolen.

I commented on forensic linguisics about the strangeness of this analogy...the change of verb from stolen to fallen.
Why not the automatic one to use,the same verb, to portray her anger that the woman reacted as if a material thing rather than a child [much more valuable and so much more distressin], had been taken
as if she had been told my passport / necklace/ purse/wallet/had been stolen.

why a can of beans falling from a shelf?
seems the word fall is very important.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

You CAN quote extracts from Dr Kate's book here - Page 2 Empty Re: You CAN quote extracts from Dr Kate's book here

Post by russiandoll 16.09.12 16:57

I cannot get over the immature and petulant tone of the following about G Amaral. I have no problem with her contemptuous attitude, I understand it. Under the circumstances, I would have expected a bit of mature passion from Kate, rather than a tone taken more akin to that of a child whose doll had been broken by a friend. I should not have been surprised really considering her tedious complaints about smoking detectives in t shirts.,

"That man has caused us so much upset and anger because of how he has treated my beautiful Madeleine and the search to find her. He deserves to be miserable and feel fear."
What exactly is it he should be afraid of I wonder.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 16.09.12 17:09

Didn't she forgive the "Abductor" ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16596

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.09.12 18:19

Angelique wrote:
candyfloss wrote:https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2539-tony-bennett-s-summary-and-critique-of-kate-s-book

From Chapter 15 - Summary and Critique - Tony Bennett

Dr Kate: “On the night of 1 September I dreamed about Madeleine for the first time on four months…it was such a dreadful experience…Although I was dreaming, I could feel her. It was as if parts of my body that had been hibernating for months suddenly began to stir. I could sense the cold, dark days lifting as I luxuriated in warmth and light. And Madeleine was holding me, her little arms wrapped tightly round me, and it felt so good, I could smell her, I could feel her with every one of my senses as I soaked up this heavenly moment. My Madeleine. I wanted to stay like this for ever. And then I woke up. Ice began to course through my body, driving out every endorphin and remnant of warmth. I didn’t understand. What was happening? How could this be? I could still feel her! A heavy boot connected with my stomach and the ache in my chest was worse than I’d known it. I was struggling for breath, almost as if I were being strangled. Please God, don’t let her go! Stay with me, Madeleine. Please stay with me. Don’t go - stay with Mummy. Please, sweetheart, hold on. I love you so much. I started to cry. The crying built into seismic sobs. An unearthly sound, like the howl of a wounded animal, was coming out of my mouth. The crushing pain in my chest intensified to the point where I thought I was going to die. I’d been with her. And then she was gone. Again”.

I think she is describing a "real event" too. This "unearthly sound, like the howl of a wounded animal" is truly the exact noise at the moment someone you love passes. I have experienced this - you do howl almost instinctively - I think it is something you cannot control. Kate is describing it exactly.

Same here. I didn't recognise the sound I made when my cat was run over.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross 16.09.12 18:40

And Madeleine was holding me, her little arms wrapped tightly round me, and it felt so good, I could smell her...
...and thought 'what a shame her cuddlecat had sand and sun cream on it so it had to be washed several times and didn't smell of her any more'...

Buddha
Ross
Ross

Activity : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 16.09.12 19:43

Yes, she told Aled Jones on his Mother's Day show that she could forgive the 'abductor', presumably because 'he' was/is treating her like a princess. And yet she wants to destroy Dr A.

I'm also puzzled as to why he should feel fear - although he is facing huge opposition. TM seemingly has everyone on their side - successive governments, the UK media etc. The man was only trying to do his job and he must rue the day he answered that call and was plunged into the 'mystery' that still has not been solved.
jay2001

Activity : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.09.12 20:30

Ross wrote:
And Madeleine was holding me, her little arms wrapped tightly round me, and it felt so good, I could smell her...
...and thought 'what a shame her cuddlecat had sand and sun cream on it so it had to be washed several times and didn't smell of her any more'...

Very, very apt!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.09.12 20:32

jay2001 wrote:Yes, she told Aled Jones on his Mother's Day show that she could forgive the 'abductor', presumably because 'he' was/is treating her like a princess. And yet she wants to destroy Dr A.

I'm also puzzled as to why he should feel fear - although he is facing huge opposition. TM seemingly has everyone on their side - successive governments, the UK media etc. The man was only trying to do his job and he must rue the day he answered that call and was plunged into the 'mystery' that still has not been solved.

Maybe, just maybe, she'se a psycopath, a sadist? No? How come a failed doctor (locum, shifting 6 bodies a week in the same pants she wears on holiday!) wants to destroy the one man who set out to find her daughter. Regardless. If DP had dunnit, he would have nailed him.

Peronally, I think she'se innocent, of course. She just has an unfortunate hand of electing ghost writers, or having them selected on het behalf.

She's a lovely person. Well heeled. Well shoeed. A bright star. I love her. Innocent.

Bye, Kevin!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top