The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

After Netflix & Saunkonoko highlighted the Smithman sighting, how likely is it that Martin Smith co-operated with the McCanns? - Page 2 Mm11

After Netflix & Saunkonoko highlighted the Smithman sighting, how likely is it that Martin Smith co-operated with the McCanns? - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

After Netflix & Saunkonoko highlighted the Smithman sighting, how likely is it that Martin Smith co-operated with the McCanns? - Page 2 Mm11

After Netflix & Saunkonoko highlighted the Smithman sighting, how likely is it that Martin Smith co-operated with the McCanns? - Page 2 Regist10

After Netflix & Saunkonoko highlighted the Smithman sighting, how likely is it that Martin Smith co-operated with the McCanns?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How likely is it, that at some level, Martin Smith has been co-operating with the McCann Team?

After Netflix & Saunkonoko highlighted the Smithman sighting, how likely is it that Martin Smith co-operated with the McCanns? - Page 2 Vote_lcap73%After Netflix & Saunkonoko highlighted the Smithman sighting, how likely is it that Martin Smith co-operated with the McCanns? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 73% 
[ 62 ]
After Netflix & Saunkonoko highlighted the Smithman sighting, how likely is it that Martin Smith co-operated with the McCanns? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%After Netflix & Saunkonoko highlighted the Smithman sighting, how likely is it that Martin Smith co-operated with the McCanns? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
After Netflix & Saunkonoko highlighted the Smithman sighting, how likely is it that Martin Smith co-operated with the McCanns? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%After Netflix & Saunkonoko highlighted the Smithman sighting, how likely is it that Martin Smith co-operated with the McCanns? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
After Netflix & Saunkonoko highlighted the Smithman sighting, how likely is it that Martin Smith co-operated with the McCanns? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%After Netflix & Saunkonoko highlighted the Smithman sighting, how likely is it that Martin Smith co-operated with the McCanns? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 8 ]
After Netflix & Saunkonoko highlighted the Smithman sighting, how likely is it that Martin Smith co-operated with the McCanns? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%After Netflix & Saunkonoko highlighted the Smithman sighting, how likely is it that Martin Smith co-operated with the McCanns? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 85

After Netflix & Saunkonoko highlighted the Smithman sighting, how likely is it that Martin Smith co-operated with the McCanns? - Page 2 Empty Re: After Netflix & Saunkonoko highlighted the Smithman sighting, how likely is it that Martin Smith co-operated with the McCanns?

Post by Guest 28.03.19 19:42

I'll rightly apologise (sometimes my will to win gets the better of me), however your new set up will be much more valid.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

After Netflix & Saunkonoko highlighted the Smithman sighting, how likely is it that Martin Smith co-operated with the McCanns? - Page 2 Empty Re: After Netflix & Saunkonoko highlighted the Smithman sighting, how likely is it that Martin Smith co-operated with the McCanns?

Post by Jill Havern 28.03.19 19:53

HKP wrote:I'll rightly apologise (sometimes my will to win gets the better of me), however your new set up will be much more valid.
Thank you for coming clean and apologising, I appreciate that thumbsup

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41832

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 28.03.19 19:56

Jill Havern wrote:
The 'disadvantage' of these Polls is that guests can vote.

The advantage of having a statcounter on the forum is that I can see when people are sabotaging the Polls - for instance, I can see that you [HKP] have voted nine times today.

So, I wonder how accurate the Poll really is and why people feel the need to sabotage it?

eta: I've just counted the other days you've voted on this Poll and it comes to 24.

Would you care to explain yourself?
I did look at the poll results today and noticed that "Highly Unlikely" suddenly jumped from 47 to 57 within minutes.

Now I know why.

If we deduct 24 votes from 'Highly Unlikely', your 83% 'Likely' figure will drop substantially.

I note that you 'want to win'.

Regarding Smithman, and everything else in this extraordinary case, I seek to persuade people - members here, guests and others - of the truth of various matters.

On the day it was announced that Operation Grange was going to be set up, at the personal direction of David Cameron, a near neighbou of Rebekah Brooks who was the real instigator of it, I said that this was likely to be (quote) "An Expensive Charade".

I was pilloried by all but a small number on CMOMM at the time. The then 'Admin' accused me of 'being so negative' and a 'conspiracy theorist' etc.  Many others shouted me down for my negativity, and basically said 'How dare you suggest that the Met Police is corrupt' etc. etc. A poll at the time suggested about 90% of CMOMM believed that Operation Grange was "a genuine search for the truth" - and that the McCanns would be pulled in for questioning.

Months later, after several Freedom of Information Act questions, it emerged that the remit of Grange - which is still in force - was to "investigate the abduction as if it happened in Britain".

You see, it's what peopled WANTED to believe; they WANTED to believe that Grange was genuine - very much like some people now WANT Smithman to be true and to be Gerry McCann.

People's views on Operation Grange are very different from what they were in 2011

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.03.19 20:11

Tony Bennett wrote:
Jill Havern wrote:
The 'disadvantage' of these Polls is that guests can vote.

The advantage of having a statcounter on the forum is that I can see when people are sabotaging the Polls - for instance, I can see that you [HKP] have voted nine times today.

So, I wonder how accurate the Poll really is and why people feel the need to sabotage it?

eta: I've just counted the other days you've voted on this Poll and it comes to 24.

Would you care to explain yourself?
I did look at the poll results today and noticed that "Died before 3 May" suddenly jumped from 36 to 46 within minutes.

Now I know why
I've not voted on that 10 times within minutes however it can't happen again as Jill has changed settings. As both the polls were set up by you Tony a bit more of a personal apology is in order. So apologies, if discounting the multiples the results will be of a bit more value
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 28.03.19 20:18

Why should Tony apologise? He didn't set the Poll so that guests could vote - that has to be done in the admin panel. i.e. it was me who set it so that guests could vote.

And now I've changed it so that they can't.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41832

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 28.03.19 20:19

HKP wrote:

As both the polls were set up by you Tony a bit more of a personal apology is in order. So apologies, if discounting the multiples the results will be of a bit more value

While you're feeling apologetic, would you care to reflect and apologise for the many unkind things you've said about me over the years, mostly on candyfloss's forum?

No hurry, please take your time.

Maybe then we could start afresh, with no nasty point-scoring

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.03.19 20:37

Jill Havern wrote:Why should Tony apologise? He didn't set the Poll so that guests could vote - that has to be done in the admin panel. i.e. it was me who set it so that guests could vote.

And now I've changed it so that they can't.
I was trying to apologise to Tony, not asking him
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.03.19 20:48

Tony Bennett wrote:
HKP wrote:

As both the polls were set up by you Tony a bit more of a personal apology is in order. So apologies, if discounting the multiples the results will be of a bit more value

While you're feeling apologetic, would you care to reflect and apologise for the many unkind things you've said about me over the years, mostly on candyfloss's forum?

No hurry, please take your time.

Maybe then we could start afresh, with no nasty point-scoring
I messed up your polls, I've apologised, I'm not going to reflect on my life and start apologising to all and sundry
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 29.03.19 9:40

HKP - Hmmmmm!

Everything about the Smiths' sighting just doesn't sit right with me.

This statement by Paul Gordon (stayed in 5A before the Mcs and was interviewed April 08') is always ringing in my ears:

'I want to add that since January this year I have received numerous phone calls, messages and visits from the press regarding the collector of donations, which in turn put me in contact with other people such as Brian Kennedy, Kate and Gerry McCann. I feel that this is a constraint that makes it difficult to take the more correct decision.
I tried always to cooperate with the police in every way possible, telephoning them at the first available opportunity as soon as the news broke about the disappearance of Madeleine. There are certain times when I feel like a pawn in chess'.

It is clear from what he says that the constraints he feels he is under are directly as a result of his contact with the 3 highlighted persons above, and that these constraints have made it difficult for him to act correctly.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 29.03.19 10:01

skyrocket wrote:

HKP - Hmmmmm!

Everything about the Smiths' sighting just doesn't sit right with me.

This statement by Paul Gordon (stayed in 5A before the Mcs and was interviewed April 08') is always ringing in my ears:

'I want to add that since January this year I have received numerous phone calls, messages and visits from the press regarding the collector of donations, which in turn put me in contact with other people such as Brian Kennedy, Kate and Gerry McCann. I feel that this is a constraint that makes it difficult to take the more correct decision.
I tried always to cooperate with the police in every way possible, telephoning them at the first available opportunity as soon as the news broke about the disappearance of Madeleine. There are certain times when I feel like a pawn in chess'.

It is clear from what he says that the constraints he feels he is under are directly as a result of his contact with the 3 highlighted persons above, and that these constraints have made it difficult for him to act correctly.

Thank you again @ skyrocket.

Whichever way you look at the Smithman sighting, it is crowded with anomalies that cry out for an adequate explanation.

It was never easy of me to point the finger at the Smiths and accuse them of fabrication, but to me the facts point that way.

I totally agree about the Paul Gordon statement above, and let us also bring to mind the August 2009 article by Mark Hollingsworth, in which he told us that:

"Some of Brian Kennedy's men intimidated witnesses into silence".  

Let us never, ever, forget that sentence, and let us recall that Brian Kennedy was also in direct touch with Martin Smith  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 29.03.19 10:04

Jill Havern wrote:
HKP wrote:I'll rightly apologise (sometimes my will to win gets the better of me), however your new set up will be much more valid.
Thank you for coming clean and apologising, I appreciate that thumbsup
I would have appreciated it if HKP had been upfront from the start.   He would not have admitted it if you hadn't called him out.

His excuse.   He wants to win so much.   

As Lady in Red said    Poor show.   VERY poor show - in fact  PATHETIC.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 29.03.19 10:23

I've always found it telling that the McCanns did not list the Smiths to be included in their rogatory statements request list. They did, after all, specify those witnesses whom they wished to be interviewed or re interviewed. This was a golden opportunity for them to get Smith (if he was "working with them") to amend his claim that Gerry was Smithman.
 Paul Gordon's rogatory was very useful from their point of view, as his claim to have bled in the apartment while walking around it could have "explained" Keela's blood alert.

I agree, HKP. That was VERY poor form over the polls. For shame! At least some good has emerged if they have been altered to prevent multiple voting.
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top