The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"Fresh agony for the McCanns" - Page 13 Mm11

"Fresh agony for the McCanns" - Page 13 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"Fresh agony for the McCanns" - Page 13 Mm11

"Fresh agony for the McCanns" - Page 13 Regist10

"Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Fresh agony for the McCanns" - Page 13 Empty Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by Verdi 03.05.16 15:19

@Maymuse

As a matter of interest, why do you conceal your on-line presence on this forum?  I've been around here for quite a while now, I wouldn't know how - even if I wanted or had reason to.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 03.05.16 15:22

Hi @ Verdi I wasnt aware that I was? 
You can view my posts, yes?
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 03.05.16 15:23

MayMuse wrote:
Verdi wrote:@Maymuse

As a matter of interest, why do you conceal your on-line presence on this forum?  I've been around here for quite a while now, I wouldn't know how - even if I wanted or had reason to.

No?  Curious.

Obviously - otherwise how would I know you're there?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 03.05.16 15:30

@whodunit wrote:  I do have some sympathy for KM. [Not Gerry though, never Gerry] To me she has the distinct feel of a woman who grew up in a certain type of abusive environment and likely thought it was 'normal'...

I can't see that at all.  You only have to witness some of those tell tale momentary expressions on her face during interviews to get the idea that she's not much better than her other half.  In it together in my opinion.  I do wonder however, why Gerry McCann is so willing to allow his wife to be the one under suspicion in the eyes of the police and public alike - unless it's a sympathy pleas of sorts.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Roidininki 03.05.16 15:31

MayMuse wrote:

Yes we know you're online because you're posting, just you don't have slogan by your name saying "online " titter
Roidininki
Roidininki

Activity : 197

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 03.05.16 15:33

Verdi wrote:
MayMuse wrote:

No?  Curious.

Obviously - otherwise how would I know you're there?
spit coffee Well how do I know you are 'there' ? Only by your posts, unless we are both "apparitions"  eek

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 03.05.16 15:40

Roidininki wrote:
MayMuse wrote:

Yes we know you're online because you're posting, just you don't have slogan by your name saying "online " titter
Well I don't know about that, it doesn't show you are online on my phone? Not sure why the interest it doesn't bother me if it is or not, I post and I read that is it and like I've said before I am not used to forums so navigating is not my forte!  dance
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 03.05.16 15:44

Roidininki wrote:
MayMuse wrote:

Don't ask - I'm confused!

Best stick to the thread topic under discussion  yes !

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 03.05.16 16:12

Roidininki wrote:
whodunit wrote:
suzyjohnson wrote:whodunit, I just think KM and GM have got themselves on a treadmill they can't get off. To one extent or another their situation is of their own making, but I've never thought there was anything sinister about it, in terms of the Gaspar statements.

I'm not sure why anyone would dismiss these statements.  Drs. Gaspar had nothing whatsoever to gain by making these statments and potentially a lot to lose. Their statements are as credible as any other witness statements made in this case, and a darn sight moreso than many of them. Certainly what the Gaspars had to say is in no way strange or unbelievable within the context of a case of the missing corpse of a dead child, and for this reason I find no pretext for dismissing what they had to say. Just because it seems sensational and unlikely doesn't mean it is impossible.
The husband thought no more about it ,what he saw if you refresh yourself with his statement.

Yes,  I made a note of it in another thread just recently. However, Mr. Dr. Gaspar did not deny the conversation Mrs. Dr. Gaspar recounted, nor did he deny the communal child bathing culture of the group, he merely sought to downplay their significance. What kind of person, much less a parent, shrugs off these kinds of attitudes and practices? His nonchalance does nothing to discredit Mrs. Gaspar's statement, it only raises questions about himself. 

It is worth noting that it was Mr. Dr. Gaspar who had the connection to the McCanns.
whodunit
whodunit

Activity : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 03.05.16 16:18

Verdi wrote:@whodunit wrote:  I do have some sympathy for KM. [Not Gerry though, never Gerry] To me she has the distinct feel of a woman who grew up in a certain type of abusive environment and likely thought it was 'normal'...

I can't see that at all.  You only have to witness some of those tell tale momentary expressions on her face during interviews to get the idea that she's not much better than her other half.  In it together in my opinion.  I do wonder however, why Gerry McCann is so willing to allow his wife to be the one under suspicion in the eyes of the police and public alike - unless it's a sympathy pleas of sorts.

I do not absolve KM in any way but I do observe a sort of 'flat effect' I've seen in other abuse survivors when it comes to emotions.
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roidininki 03.05.16 16:27

whodunit wrote:
Roidininki wrote:

The husband thought no more about it ,what he saw if you refresh yourself with his statement.

Yes,  I made a note of it in another thread just recently. However, Mr. Dr. Gaspar did not deny the conversation Mrs. Dr. Gaspar recounted, nor did he deny the communal child bathing culture of the group, he merely sought to downplay their significance. What kind of person, much less a parent, shrugs off these kinds of attitudes and practices? His nonchalance does nothing to discredit Mrs. Gaspar's statement, it only raises questions about himself. 

It is worth noting that it was Mr. Dr. Gaspar who had the connection to the McCanns.
Yes and I agree with your post wholeheartedly .
Roidininki
Roidininki

Activity : 197

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 03.05.16 17:16

Dr Katherina Gaspar's statement refers to events which happened in Majorca in 2005 (and/or possibly several weeks post-holiday), a holiday during which the O'Briens and Oldfields were not present. In 2006, the Paynes/O'Briens/Oldfields went to Greece in the September without the McCanns.

In 'The Truth of the Lie' (chapter 9), Snr Amaral tells us about ANOTHER similar incident from a holiday in Greece (2006?). One incident is just that; several incidents of a similar nature represent a pattern. I don't doubt Dr K Gaspar saw and heard what she reported and I agree that her husband may have down-played it because of his friendship with KM, from uni.

Snr Amaral said this:

This witness statement from the couple, S.G. and K.G., is taken by the English police on May 16th, thirteen days after Madeleine's disappearance. That information, very important for the progress of the investigation, was never sent to the Portuguese police. When the Portuguese investigators learn about similar events that allegedly took place during a holiday in Greece - without, however, obtaining reliable witness statements -, they tell the English police, who, even at this point, refrain from revealing what they know on the subject.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire25 03.05.16 17:21

Also, Amaral said in the TV interview I think last year, the Gaspar statements had been withheld from the PJ and when they did arrive they were tagged on to the end of an unrelated (fax or email?) as though someone in the British police had wanted to sneak the info over to them as it wasn't getting there otherwise.  Obviously whoever in the British police force thought that it was something that the PJ needed to know.
Claire25

Activity : 223

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 04.05.16 18:21

Bishop Brennan wrote:
suzyjohnson wrote:

If, for example, the McCanns had given Madeleine a sedative on the evening of May 3 rd, their intention would have been that she should sleep soundly whilst they dined out with their friends.

This is critical. Imagine the scenario if they had sedated her (not just Calpol!) :  

The McCanns return from their evening out - they find poor Madeleine on the floor. She has passed away.  The horror, panic, grief and shock would be immense.  This is not the time for arcane deliberations on the Portuguese laws of negligent homicide.   This is sheer emotion.  What will they do?  Poor Maddie is gone - there will be an autopsy.  Tests will also be run on the twins.  All 3 will show traces of sedative.

In that situation, the laws don't matter. Accident or manslaughter - totally irrelevant.  The McCanns (both doctors) will be struck off back home.  Guaranteed.   Social Services will almost certainly get involved in the UK and they might very well lose the twins.   Especially if there was a history of abandoning them on most nights of the holiday.   The last thing on their minds is whether they face charges in Portugal.  What they KNOW they face is the loss of their job, the loss of their income, and quite likely the loss of the twins.  All that on top of the devastating and sudden death of their lovely 3-year old daughter.

For all that you might think of the McCanns and how they have behaved, that night is a night that nobody would wish on their worst enemy.  They were plunged into hell, and had to make a decision.  If they truly did hide the body and construct the story, it's an incredible decision.  Which in turn is what has made the case so fascinating for everyone for 9 whole years.  An astonishing decision, but one they might well have made...

Don't forget that they drunk enough alcohol to be way over the legal limit, which no doubt had a big impact on their decision.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 04.05.16 18:26

Still doesn't explain why the whole Tapas gang got involved in the cover up, or why the govt sent in the diplomatic corps to interfere with the investigation. [not just to help and support the McCs, but to obstruct as seen in the incident of the clothing Amaral wanted to collect] Frankly, based on the foregoing facts, I personally utterly dismiss an accidental overdose as a cause of death.
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 04.05.16 18:30

sami wrote:
Roidininki wrote:Thing is no sedating drugs were amongst the medications found ?

In the McCanns apartment only though.  I don't recall the other apartments being searched, nothing to say medication was not present in the other apartments.

They might even have put it in their pockets. The absence of real sedatives says nothing. Plus wasn't there calpol and an anti allergy drug? Sedative enough to do damage.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 04.05.16 20:07

Claire25 wrote:Also, Amaral said in the TV interview I think last year, the Gaspar statements had been withheld from the PJ and when they did arrive they were tagged on to the end of an unrelated (fax or email?) as though someone in the British police had wanted to sneak the info over to them as it wasn't getting there otherwise.  Obviously whoever in the British police force thought that it was something that the PJ needed to know.

Alternatively, they had no choice but to send Katerina Gaspar's explosive testimony to the PJ (she was convinced of her suspicions), as the Met couldn't ignore it without showing deliberate intent to mislead. One still senses a deliberate attempt to bury it even when finally sent?
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo 04.05.16 20:22

whodunit wrote:

AFAIK nobody is accusing DP of being directly involved with what happened to MM, but the fact is nearly every piece of evidence in this case points to the McCs, both of them, covering up what happened to their child, and their group of friends having assisted them in this effort.

KM and DP still have to explain their wildly differing statements about the visit by DP to Apartment 5A on the evening of 3 May. If, indeed, such a visit took place at all. The statements are too far apart to be explained away by normal inconsistencies in witness statements. One or both parties isn't being straight.  They can't both be right.
Columbo
Columbo

Activity : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 04.05.16 20:29

Exactly. [and of course this isn't the only example of inconsistent statements. See for example: Just who the heck took the tennis photo?] If everyone is telling the truth such a wide disparity in accounts is simply not possible.
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 04.05.16 21:17

I always thought there might simply be two very similar tennis photos.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 04.05.16 21:22

I'm fairly certain they were referring to the one, famous photo that everyone recognizes.
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 04.05.16 21:26

Yes, but with everything going on, if there were two very similar photos taken at the same time (one by JT, one by KM, I think) They may not realise who actually took the photo that everyone recognises.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 04.05.16 23:37

whodunit wrote:
suzyjohnson wrote:whodunit, I just think KM and GM have got themselves on a treadmill they can't get off. To one extent or another their situation is of their own making, but I've never thought there was anything sinister about it, in terms of the Gaspar statements.

I'm not sure why anyone would dismiss these statements.  Drs. Gaspar had nothing whatsoever to gain by making these statments and potentially a lot to lose. Their statements are as credible as any other witness statements made in this case, and a darn sight moreso than many of them. Certainly what the Gaspars had to say is in no way strange or unbelievable within the context of a case of the missing corpse of a dead child, and for this reason I find no pretext for dismissing what they had to say. Just because it seems sensational and unlikely doesn't mean it is impossible.
..plus they are remarkably free from "Uhm"s "Err"s, "To be honest"s and "If you know what I mean"s, strange that!!
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicky87 05.05.16 0:06

All of this publicity for Amarals book (or books..) is fantastic. Every story there is about it is going to lead more people to look further into the case. I welcome that. There are still a few who believe every word that comes out of the sun and such. The McCanns must be absolutely fuming with this.
Vicky87

Activity : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 05.05.16 2:49

Carrry On Doctor wrote:
whodunit wrote:
Claire25 wrote:If it was a simply violent act though, I just cannot believe that the other Tapas members would have covered it up though.  Sorry, I do believe there's more to it.  Will have to agree to disagree.

Exactly.

Without this context one can only have a partial or limited perspective. The McCanns were not isolated in their efforts to cover this up. The assistance they received must be taken into account when attempting to determine what possibly could have happened, and what probably did not happen. The help the McCs received in the cover up, not only from the Tapas but from the British diplomatic corps is unusual in the extreme. This help suggests something other than a simple accident, or even a murder involving only the McCs. The motive had to be very strong to induce the Tapas to assist in a cover up. Trying to help friends avoid responsibility for an accident OR a murder is simply not enough of a motive. Place yourself in the shoes of any one of the Tapas imagine one of your friends suddenly had to contend with a dead child. If they suggested a cover up to you, would you go along with it or would you immediately alert the police? What in God's green earth would be enough to induce you to go along with it? Think about it....

Regarding the cover up outwith the T9, it is important to consider why the OC was packed to capacity, out of season, with people of the wrong social demographic. What professional / moneyed people go to an average resort when the weather is typically cold. Answer: Those attending an organised sex holiday.

Totally agree with the arguments being put forward about the reasons for avoiding an autopsy, and protection of careers/reputations etc, but the bigger picture seems to be that many people, staying at the OC and nearby, have something to hide.

As for direct Government intervention (the high level cover up), as I posted on another thread a few days ago, the Craig Murray interview suggests that Blair et al seized a golden opportunity to be seen to help help a very British family in apparent crisis, despite the warnings from John Buck, the FCO man on the ground. A political point scoring stunt that OG (assuming their intentions be honourable) have now debunked and are awaiting guidance on. As BHH confirmed last week on the day of the Hillsborough verdict, the PM is now personally intervening in the case, such is its sensitivity.

Meanwhile, GA tools up for the final assault. If/when the truth is revealed, there will be many with egg on their face.

I must have missed the PM interference part. I have trouble keeping up. Would you be so kind to point me to that. It would mena that they are repeating the nono from the beginning: having politicians interfere with a police/legal matter. 

I also have trouble finding the the complete Craig Murray interview. I did some searches but only ended up with posts that make a reference to it. Can anyone be so friendly to help me?

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top