The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!


The efits produced by the Smiths, has the man been found yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The efits produced by the Smiths, has the man been found yet?

Post by kaz on 11.09.15 15:11

Hi pennylane
According to the crèche sheets Madeleine was still alive about 5.30 ish. David Payne saw all the children alive and well at 6.30 ish.  The children according to him were washed and dressed ready for bed so presumably they were in bed at 7.30 ish. If the MCC left for the TR about 8.00 the timing is still very tight for all that happened. The apartment's  re arrangement to suggest abduction  , getting the story 'just so' with your friends etc. I know the MCC timelines are very suspect but I'm trying to work out what time you actually think Maddie possibly met her death. What time was the commotion heard?

kaz

Posts : 463
Reputation : 388
Join date : 2014-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The efits produced by the Smiths, has the man been found yet?

Post by pennylane on 11.09.15 15:35

@kaz wrote:Hi pennylane
According to the crèche sheets Madeleine was still alive about 5.30 ish. David Payne saw all the children alive and well at 6.30 ish.  The children according to him were washed and dressed ready for bed so presumably they were in bed at 7.30 ish. If the MCC left for the TR about 8.00 the timing is still very tight for all that happened. The apartment's  re arrangement to suggest abduction  , getting the story 'just so' with your friends etc. I know the MCC timelines are very suspect but I'm trying to work out what time you actually think Maddie possibly met her death.
I totally agree kaz, it is all very tight, and (imo) they got away with it by the skin of their teeth! This is why they stayed hauled up in the apartment while others were out looking.  They had no choice, they had to get their story straight. Which they never managed to do successfully, due to cobbling it together after the fact (imo).

It looks very much like the twins were sedated too, and they had to work around that.  IMO the crime scene was not staged, even Maddie's bed didn't look slept in, and the revisions to their version of events are multiple.  It all points to a last minute fiasco of 3 sedated toddlers, and one meets with a catastrophe while the parents were out, even after crying complaints from a previous night.  And just look at Tanner's messed up story that she changed umpteen times.

This was not a premeditated crime (imho).

pennylane

Posts : 2769
Reputation : 1617
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The efits produced by the Smiths, has the man been found yet?

Post by Tony Bennett on 11.09.15 16:14

@pennylane wrote:
@kaz wrote:Not all tourists dress like tourists!  Gerry McCann and Robert Murat both dressed very casually...''AGREED

So the description is not worth the paper it's written on  but knowing that,  it's strange don't you think how both Smith and Tanner independently thought it was worthy of a mention ?
I believe they were asked by the PJ if the man looked like a tourist.  I've been a witness to a crime, and had to give a description of the perpetrator, and the police ask all types of mundane questions like that.

Hallo @ pennylane, thank you very much for your very quick response to my 10-point summary of your theory, I will revert to that later when I have a bit more time.

You say: "I believe they were asked by the PJ if the man looked like a tourist". That is just speculation and it does not say this in his statement, nor can it reasonably IMO be inferred from the translation of his statement.

But what is absolutely certain from the audio summary of his statement on the McCanns' website  - which MUST have been done with the active co-operation of Martin Smith (he even agreed to change the age of the man he said he saw from '40' to '34-35') - is that he and the McCanns chose to highlight this 'not a tourist' line in the audio recording.

The man voicing Martin Smith in the audio recording says:

"He didn't look like a tourist - I don't know why, maybe it was his clothes..."   

The McCann Team, no doubt with Martin Smith's active help, chose to include that particular line.

And how well it emphasises one of the key features of all the Sagres Man/Tannerman/Smithman sightings - the 'warm, cloth, clothes he was wearing'.

____________________

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

avatar
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 14899
Reputation : 2991
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The efits produced by the Smiths, has the man been found yet?

Post by pennylane on 11.09.15 16:53

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@pennylane wrote:
@kaz wrote:Not all tourists dress like tourists!  Gerry McCann and Robert Murat both dressed very casually...''AGREED

So the description is not worth the paper it's written on  but knowing that,  it's strange don't you think how both Smith and Tanner independently thought it was worthy of a mention ?
I believe they were asked by the PJ if the man looked like a tourist.  I've been a witness to a crime, and had to give a description of the perpetrator, and the police ask all types of mundane questions like that.

Hallo @ pennylane, thank you very much for your very quick response to my 10-point summary of your theory, I will revert to that later when I have a bit more time.

You say: "I believe they were asked by the PJ if the man looked like a tourist". That is just speculation and it does not say this in his statement, nor can it reasonably IMO be inferred from the translation of his statement.

But what is absolutely certain from the audio summary of his statement on the McCanns' website  - which MUST have been done with the active co-operation of Martin Smith (he even agreed to change the age of the man he said he saw from '40' to '34-35') - is that he and the McCanns chose to highlight this 'not a tourist' line in the audio recording.

The man voicing Martin Smith in the audio recording says:

"He didn't look like a tourist - I don't know why, maybe it was his clothes..."   

The McCann Team, no doubt with Martin Smith's active help, chose to include that particular line.

And how well it emphasises one of the key features of all the Sagres Man/Tannerman/Smithman sightings - the 'warm, cloth, clothes he was wearing'.
Hi Tony, I tried to answer your questions, but I'm pants at articulating such things. Also I don't have the stamina you do.

You're quite right it is speculation on my part that the PJ asked Tanner and the Smiths if the man they saw on that ill-fated night carrying a child through a holiday location, looked like a tourist.  Perhaps I should have said 'based on my own experience in identifying a criminal to the police, I believe they did.' 

I definitely don't have all the answers, and I believe most theories can be picked apart because of the mountains of information and disinformation, and conflicting information around.  Also there is a considerable amount of cherry picking that goes on.  Certain things exaggerated to make a point, and others left off altogether because they don't fit a theory. 

Once again, I do not believe the Smiths have lied about seeing a man carrying a child on that ill fated night.  Tanner, on the other hand, I absolutely believe has lied!

pennylane

Posts : 2769
Reputation : 1617
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The efits produced by the Smiths, has the man been found yet?

Post by pennylane on 12.09.15 11:58

@ Tony, further to post above.


from:
------------------------


Witness testimony of Martin Smith, 26 May 2007
Location: DIC Portimao



Urged, he states that the individual did not appear to be a tourist. He cannot explain this further. It was simply his perception given the individual's clothing. He states that the individual carried the child in his arms, with her head laying on the individual's shoulders to the right of the deponent. He adds that he did not hold the child in a comfortable position.

--------------------------


IMO as I stated up thread, Martin Smith was asked if the man he saw looked like a tourist (makes perfect sense to me) and I see nothing sinister in his reply.  Smith and co's description is of a man with short brown hair, which does not resemble Tanner's or Sagres man (imo).  Once again, we will have to agree to disagree re the Smiths.

pennylane

Posts : 2769
Reputation : 1617
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The efits produced by the Smiths, has the man been found yet?

Post by joyce1938 on 12.09.15 15:07

I am pretty sure there are, or were, a few hand drawn pics of what Tanner said she saw that night, and all were different and I think drawn by others too.  She was too far away to have seen much, I believe it's been said.   Is anyone here well enough in know where to find those pics, would be good for all newer folks to see them too. What went on there we just don't know.  joyce1938
avatar
joyce1938

Posts : 859
Reputation : 114
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 79
Location : england

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The efits produced by the Smiths, has the man been found yet?

Post by joyce1938 on 12.09.15 15:12

Sorry, just to add to last post,Tanner was identifying the man she said she saw walking along top road, not Smiths.  I think quite a no. of people could be wearing beige, and clothes that she was to have seen.  What did she see, I ask?  joyce1938
avatar
joyce1938

Posts : 859
Reputation : 114
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 79
Location : england

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The efits produced by the Smiths, has the man been found yet?

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 17.09.15 15:41

@joyce1938 wrote:When we first saw e-fits it was said by someone that if you lay one picture over the other, it's the same man, did no one else see this ?joyce1938


(sorry, Tony, I'll just collect my P45 titter )
avatar
Get'emGonçalo


Posts : 11618
Reputation : 5592
Join date : 2009-11-25
Location : parallel universe

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: The efits produced by the Smiths, has the man been found yet?

Post by DaTroof on 17.09.15 15:47

This is not a reasonable thing to do. It is reasonable to overlay the two efits to create an image that might be a more accurate representation of the man seen by the Smiths. If you overlay G McCann with any e-fit of a caucasian man of similar age you will get a resemblance to G McCann because he is 50% of the total. The same would apply to anyone else.

Somewhere there is an overlay of the two efits & that is interesting.   Can anyone post that?

DaTroof

Posts : 22
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The efits produced by the Smiths, has the man been found yet?

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 17.09.15 15:58

@DaTroof wrote:This is not a reasonable thing to do. It is reasonable to overlay the two efits to create an image that might be a more accurate representation of the man seen by the Smiths. If you overlay G McCann with any e-fit of a caucasian man of similar age you will get a resemblance to G McCann because he is 50% of the total. The same would apply to anyone else.

Somewhere there is an overlay of the two efits & that is interesting.   Can anyone post that?
Maybe that's what Joyce meant. But that's all I could find.
avatar
Get'emGonçalo


Posts : 11618
Reputation : 5592
Join date : 2009-11-25
Location : parallel universe

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: The efits produced by the Smiths, has the man been found yet?

Post by joyce1938 on 17.09.15 16:46

I had read about the 2 efits overlayed, but I can't recall having it to go over gmac, not from what I recall.  I was just surprised no one has ever mentioned, that's why I brought subject up.  It was long time ago and can't recall on which site I saw it. I feel sure someone else must have seen it and now might remember?  joyce1938
avatar
joyce1938

Posts : 859
Reputation : 114
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 79
Location : england

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The efits produced by the Smiths, has the man been found yet?

Post by Verdi on 17.09.15 20:09

The Daily Telegraph - 2:27PM BST 15 Oct 2013:  By Alice Philipson

Madeleine McCann: two callers name man in e-fit pictures



Almost 1,000 people have now contacted Scotland Yard and BBC Crimewatch with information regarding Madeleine's abduction from the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007.

 More than 730 calls were made and 212 emails received as a result of the appeal shown on Monday night.

Among them were two independent callers who phoned police on Monday night with the same name for the man shown on the e-fit picture.

Crimewatch editor Joe Mather said the response was "truly unprecedented" and there were lots of calls from British people who were in Praia da Luz at the time but had not previously contacted police.

DCI Andy Redwood, who is leading the investigation said: "We have now had over 730 calls and 212 emails as a direct result of the specific lines of enquiry we issued yesterday concerning events in the lead up to, and on the night of Thursday 3rd May 2007 when Madeleine was abducted.

 "330 Calls into the Operation Grange Incident Room, 400 to BBC1 Crimewatch. Detectives are now trawling through and prioritizing that material. This will take time.

"We continue to appeal for information and I will be repeating similar appeals in Holland this evening on a programme called Opsporing Verzocht, and in Germany tomorrow night Aktenzeichen XY...ungelost.

 The focus of the investigation has switched to a previous suspect who was seen carrying a child around Madeleine’s age towards the beach just before 10pm.

A family from Ireland got such a good look at the man that they were able to produce two e-fit images.



http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10379047/Madeleine-McCann-two-callers-name-man-in-e-fit-pictures.html

~~~~~~

All that hype but two years down the line no apparent progress, with in excess of £10m down the proverbial and another £2m allocated for the ensuing year.  The Smith sighting was common knowledge in the summer of 2007 and over subsequent years has attracted a great deal of discussion and speculation - all of which I don't doubt is watched by the McCann support network.

Why did it take Operation Grange nearly two and a half years (in addition to the preceeding four years that involved UK authorities) to wise up to the fact that Jane Tanner's nocturnal vision was but the figment of an over charged imagination (aided and abetted by external influence) and thus conclude that the Smith sighting might be of some significance?  What of the response generated by the 2013 Crimewatch production, did all those calls and emails amount to nothing or is Operation Grange still in the process of ongoing inquiries relative to the overwhelming response?

Oh me of little faith..

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 8305
Reputation : 3844
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum