The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Esther Rantzen to be made a Dame in New Year Honours list - Page 2 Mm11

Esther Rantzen to be made a Dame in New Year Honours list - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Esther Rantzen to be made a Dame in New Year Honours list - Page 2 Mm11

Esther Rantzen to be made a Dame in New Year Honours list - Page 2 Regist10

Esther Rantzen to be made a Dame in New Year Honours list

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Esther Rantzen to be made a Dame in New Year Honours list - Page 2 Empty Re: Esther Rantzen to be made a Dame in New Year Honours list

Post by Guest 31.12.14 12:13

Ladyinred wrote:Fiona Woolf as well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'd love to see the honours list abolished.  It underpins the corruptness, unfairness and inequalities of this country.

Yes, I know, it's never going to happen. sad

Happy New Year everyone!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Esther Rantzen to be made a Dame in New Year Honours list - Page 2 Empty Re: Esther Rantzen to be made a Dame in New Year Honours list

Post by sallypelt 31.12.14 12:55

sharonl wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:Appalling decision.

Why?

She is just joining a long list of other Lords, Ladies, Dames and sirs that we know.

Lord Levy - arrested in cash for honours scandal
Lord McAlpine

Sir Richard Branson - Missing people
Sir Cliff Richard - Missing people and Elm lodge
Sir Jimmy Saville - padeophile
Sir Cyril Smith

Lady Catherine Meyer - PACT scandal

Dame Vivien Duffield 

All the honoured guests at ELM Lodge and the Spartacus club members

I am sure that there are many more that can added to this list.  The only thing that needs to change is the meaning of the word "honoured"

I wonder how many honoured people are actually honourable

I wonder how some of these people got these honours in the first place.  Is this still going on? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
How could you? You left our SIR Jeffrey Archer off the list. There, SIR Jeff, I've put you right up there where you belong..........in good company. nod

OOPS, shame on me. It's LORD Archer. Sorry Jeff, I am bowing to you in my humiliation!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 31.12.14 14:50

I just wish they would all "do one".

Sirs, Ladies, Lords.    big grin big grin big grin    Only thing is, they believe they deserve these "honours".  

The whole lot of them can kiss my arris AFAIAC.

That pic. of our Esther in her fishnets,  WHAT WAS SHE THINKING.   Ghastly.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 31.12.14 17:37

Esther's moved on from Child Line....it's Silver Line now for lonely and elderly....take at look at the website. It comes complete with a donate button (first thing you see actually) and looks remarkably like the Missing People set up.

Here it is folks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 31.12.14 18:02

No need for her to be lonely any longer ( she gave an interview a while back saying she was lonely).  She could always pop down to the House of Lords for a chat and a marvellous lunch with superior champers.     £300 a day for attendance at the Lords if she attends,  maybe could bring up the lonliness of the elderly who are not able to attend such a marvellous dwelling if they are lonely.

Good Lord - you can say that again.   GOOD LORD.

Who needs to claim OAP fuel allowance when one can get £300 quid a day to sit in such a nice, warm environment?

GOOD LORD.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Oxtab 31.12.14 18:57

Angelique wrote:Odd that Rantzen set up Child Line but could not see what was right under her nose as it were.

Some of the wilder conspiracy theorists on the internet hold that childline was set up as a filter to intercept calls made about prominent persons.

Not my opinion.
Oxtab

Activity : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Naz_Nomad 31.12.14 19:31

Oxtab wrote:
Angelique wrote:Odd that Rantzen set up Child Line but could not see what was right under her nose as it were.

Some of the wilder conspiracy theorists on the internet hold that childline was set up as a filter to intercept calls made about prominent persons.

Not my opinion.

I first thought that was a "wild conspiracy theory" but it doesn't seem so far fetched now.

Activity : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 31.12.14 22:26

Has Rantzen taken a salary whilst doing whatever she did at Childline, and now at Silverline - ing. ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 31.12.14 23:13

PeterMac wrote:Has Rantzen taken a salary whilst doing whatever she did at Childline, and now at Silverline - ing. ?
big grin  silverline - ing. big grin

Don't know but would love to know.

Can't get over those fishnets.   Cilla Black has a photo similarly dressed in fishnets.    Good Lord.    Ay r kids, has Cilla been made a Dame yet?
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 01.01.15 15:34

Cilla Black and Lulu have both been awarded the OBE.

Now, if this beloved country of mine ever has a Dame Cilla or a Dame Lulu I'll know it's time to switch off electricity to my house and live by candlelight.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 01.01.15 15:48

PeterMac wrote:Has Rantzen taken a salary whilst doing whatever she did at Childline, and now at Silverline - ing. ?
Salaries....mmmm....nothing much heard about since last year's government comments/media outrage into high salaries for heads of charities....nothing much at all.

Perhaps someone could tweet Esther and ask her what she earns (if anything) in her role.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy 01.01.15 16:19

BlueBag wrote:Dame.

Saint Esther.

Following the usual festive excesses, I need to lose a bit of weight.

I'm going to use these grotesquely hideous photos to my advantage.

I'll print them off and stick them on my fridge door!

I just couldn't imagine stomaching any food after looking at these.   :puke:

Guaranteed weight loss. Sorted.
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 01.01.15 16:21

I hadn't realised that Childline got into serious financial difficulties and in 2006 merged into the NSPCC
link =  NSPCC's ChildLine Contents - NPC
Activities: excellent
· ChildLine is the main listening service in the country, a priority area identified in NPC’s child abuse
report, as children often do not report abuse. Following financial difficulties, ChildLine was taken over by
the NSPCC in 2006.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

But then look at this CHILLING statement
· This is the only service in the country that has an exemption from the rule that privacy must be overruled if a child’s safety is at risk.

Back to the reasoning behind the suspicions about filtering out complaints involving the Establishment. It is there in black and white. They are permitted to do it.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 01.01.15 16:26

PeterMac wrote:I hadn't realised that Childline got into serious financial difficulties and in 2006 merged into the NSPCC
link =  NSPCC's ChildLine Contents - NPC
Activities: excellent
· ChildLine is the main listening service in the country, a priority area identified in NPC’s child abuse
report, as children often do not report abuse. Following financial difficulties, ChildLine was taken over by
the NSPCC in 2006.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

But then look at this CHILLING statement
· This is the only service in the country that has an exemption from the rule that privacy must be overruled if a child’s safety is at risk.

Back to the reasoning behind the suspicions about filtering out complaints involving the Establishment. It is there in black and white. They are permitted to do it.
t

What a coincidence, missing people were also in financial difficulty in 2006, they needed a boot, a new beginning. News international were also having financial problems.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11199

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 01.01.15 16:29

Silverline say their calls may be recorded for training purposes but everything is confidential.

Silverline also say their staff are vetted.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Knitted 02.01.15 0:31

re: claims that Childline, through their links with the NSPCC might be able to 'filter' things...

Over the last decade I've dated two senior Social Workers working in the areas of child protection. Both detested the NSPCC and saw them as a negative influence on their being able to prioritise cases. This was because, being hard pressed with lots of cases to work on, whenever the NSPCC fed them a lead, they had to give them undue priority. This meant that properly prioritised cases needing investigation were bumped down the list. So, who knows what impact the external influence of the NSPCC might be having? Just imagine, people get wind of a child talking, all it needs is someone in the NSPCC to throw a few cases to that local Social Worker Team and make constant calls to keep 'their' (potentially insignificant) case at the top of the list of jobs needing allocation to the (over-stretched) Social Workers and the more.important 'Intel' is never properly followed up. Just suppose the child that talked, and wasn't properly followed up, was linked to 'influential figures'? That's, theoretically at least, how a few people embedded in a benign charity can influence what ends up getting placed in the pile of cases being worked on, and thus can effectively 'kill off' (due to sheer workload and finite Social Worker resource) the other 'intel' from ever being quickly and appropriately acted upon.

Activity : 259

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 02.01.15 0:49

Knitted wrote:re: claims that Childline, through their links with the NSPCC might be able to 'filter' things...

Over the last decade I've dated two senior Social Workers working in the areas of child protection. Both detested the NSPCC and saw them as a negative influence on their being able to prioritise cases.  This was because, being hard pressed with lots of cases to work on, whenever the NSPCC fed them a lead, they had to give them undue priority. This meant that properly prioritised cases needing investigation were bumped down the list.  So, who knows what impact the external influence of the NSPCC might be having? Just imagine, people get wind of a child talking, all it needs is someone in the NSPCC to throw a few cases to that local Social Worker Team and make constant calls to keep 'their' (potentially insignificant) case at the top of the list of jobs needing allocation to the (over-stretched) Social Workers and the more.important 'Intel' is never properly followed up. Just suppose the child that talked, and wasn't properly followed up, was linked to 'influential figures'? That's, theoretically at least, how a few people embedded in a benign charity can influence what ends up getting placed in the pile of cases being worked on, and thus can effectively 'kill off' (due to sheer workload and finite Social Worker resource) the other 'intel' from ever being quickly and appropriately acted upon.
I find it impossible to believe that when Childline was set up,  not one victim of Jimmy Savile's abuse (and there were hundreds of them, so we are told) phoned Childline.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Knitted 02.01.15 1:22

Yes. I find it odd too.

If the operating processes deployed in Childline have a single repository of data then all you need is one person with the right level of read/write/edit access and you have your 'filter' in place. Then, if you theoretically have a few (NSPCC) people affecting the prioritisation of what become live Local Authority cases, you hold some good cards to be able to rig the game.

Hopefully, of course, it's not the case, but it'll be interesting to know if Childline and the NSPCC have ever (independently) reviewed their processes to ensure they cannot be compromised in such ways? If X% of the population are paedophiles, then X% of employees will be too. Add to that the fact people can be bribed and/or lent on by the bonds of friends, family and groups such as Freemasons then they have a duty to have processes that are 'fit for purpose'. n.b. If Childline do have a single database with an individual(s) allocated 'edit all records' access, with no uneditable audit trail of altered records, then I'd consider that highly, highly, suspicious.

Activity : 259

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 02.01.15 7:34

sallypelt wrote:
I find it impossible to believe that when Childline was set up,  not one victim of Jimmy Savile's abuse (and there were hundreds of them, so we are told) phoned Childline.
I think that is one think Rantzen might usefully be asked by a decent journalist - Oh, sorry, they are extinct.

But perhaps something people might air on Twitter and Facebook pages, to get people talking.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta 02.01.15 9:03

And when you consider the hundreds of victims of Savile AND you add to that names such as Rolf Harris, Stuart Hall, Cyril Smith...not to mention the many names associated with the Elm Guest House it is utterly inconceivable that not a one of them phone Childline. And it's inconceivable that a self-righteous people-protecting publicity hound like Rantzen was back in the day wouldn't have gone for the jugular. Unless...ideas anyone?
nomendelta

Activity : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 02.01.15 10:13

What would she have done if someone complained about being raped by Fairbairn ? She was sleeping with that disgusting pervert. Did she not notice anything unusual in their relationship ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 02.01.15 10:45

BY 'definition' any 'call' to Childline is, until proven, 'gossip and rumour'.

Whether that 'gossip and rumour' was, in fact, 'acted upon' is anyone's 'guess'.

Here's the 'thing'.

If, IF, 'action' WAS taken against an individual child 'abuser' after being 'reported' (firstly, 'gossip and rumour') to ER's Childline, and a successful prosecution 'secured' against that individual, WHY didn't E Rancid 'report' J Savile?

After all, she has ADMITTED to have known, albeit, 'gossip and rumour', about his 'perversions' whilst she was employed at the BBC, where Savile 'worked'

So, to get this right: 'Report, gossip and rumour, when a child calls Childline about abuse, but don't report, gossip and rumour, when a 'zleb' is mentioned in possible child abuse when a different child calls Childline'

thinking

jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 02.01.15 10:50

PeterMac wrote:What would she have done if someone complained about being raped by Fairbairn ?    She was sleeping with that disgusting pervert.   Did she not notice anything unusual in their relationship ?

YES! She 'wondered' WHY he always insisted he kept his ballerina 'tutu' and fishnet 'stockings' ON whilst he 'watered' her 'pot plant'!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy 02.01.15 15:04

jeanmonroe wrote:
PeterMac wrote:What would she have done if someone complained about being raped by Fairbairn ?    She was sleeping with that disgusting pervert.   Did she not notice anything unusual in their relationship ?

YES! She 'wondered' WHY he always insisted he kept his ballerina 'tutu' and fishnet 'stockings' ON whilst he 'watered' her 'pot plant'!

big grin      clapping   ..... oh no ..... hold on ..... sorry, i don't think I can make it to the bog in time .......  :puke:

'Oh, the horror. The horror.'
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Post by Lioned 04.01.15 21:04

Baroness Brady has done very well for herself since becoming a director of one of David (porn king) Sullivans companys at the right old age of 20 !
And then the youngest ever Chairwoman of a football club in partnership with Sullivan and also David Gold (of Ann Summers fame).
Now all taking as much grant aid as they can to rebuild the Olympic stadium for west ham.

Nice little earner that.
Lioned
Lioned

Activity : 168

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum