The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Who may have 'talked'?  - Page 2 Mm11

Who may have 'talked'?  - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Who may have 'talked'?  - Page 2 Mm11

Who may have 'talked'?  - Page 2 Regist10

Who may have 'talked'?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who may have 'talked'?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Who may have 'talked'?

Post by bobbin 04.06.14 16:48

Woofer wrote:I`m guessing someone connected to Murat/Malinka.

It`s surely got to be someone with local knowledge of good hiding places.
Except the police didn't go directly to that point. It was only after the dogs and some time of searching that they came upon that place and were then rather 'surprised' by the looks of it.

Maybe, just a silly slip, under pressure, about, a certain bit of wasteland.
Certainly would have to be a tip off, of some sort, otherwise the police would be digging every bit of ground up, from here to Kingdom Come.
Poor little Maddie.  roses 
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 04.06.14 16:49

Bridget O`Donnell also wrote a book on child prostitution and trafficking in the C19th, including how members of the establishment were involved.  Its called Inspector Minahan Makes A Stand.  Here she is talking about it on Woman`s Hour :-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

All very peculiar.

I still think think it is possible that the disappearance of Madeleine was a planned staged abduction of a live child (a la Elizabeth Smart in the USA for instance) that went wrong. That would fit most closely with 'the script'.

It could also, possibly, account for the differing 'scripts' that have appeared over time. 

Just a theory.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 04.06.14 16:53

I noticed some of the headlines today referred to dogs that had been used in the April Jones' case being used in the search.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 04.06.14 16:55

j.rob wrote:
jellycat wrote:Maybe one of the tapas 'friends' blabbled a hint?

It would be odd if none of the friends and acquaintances had not raised eyebrows, at the very least, at some of the McCanns actions, words and behaviours following 3rd May 2007. 

What strikes me is that the couple were given a 'get out of jail free' card when the Portuguese police shelved the case in July 2008. 

But they just couldn't let it go. Their hubris was to be their downfall, I do believe. 

And Kate writing in her book about the need for an independent investigative review - this as late as May 2011 (when the book published)  when the cracks in the story were turning into canyons. 

Madness.

I did mention in another thread that the McCanns may have been under pressure from family members to ask for a review.  If certain family members were not aware of the real circumstances of Madeleine's "abduction" (I'm thinking of the "Granny Express" plane out of PDL) they could have been pressurising K & G to ask for a review.  What would K & G say to their relatives under those circumstances, hmmm!

It would look very strange to those people if the McCanns refused to ask for a review, I would think, especially if the family members were under the impression that K & G were totally innocent regarding Madeleine's "abduction".

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 04.06.14 16:58

My money is on either Jane Tanner or Russell O'Brien, if anybody.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by Shhh 04.06.14 17:20

Diane Webster?

Though I think one of the PaynesPaynes
Shhh

Activity : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 04.06.14 17:27

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:My money is on either Jane Tanner or Russell O'Brien, if anybody.
Didn't this pair want to change their statements at one time? Or was that a myth? It was denied by them of course.

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.14 17:55

Is it really possible that none of the T7 have a soul  ?      Or more mildly, a conscience ?  

Assuming that they have some untold knowledge of course.   imo.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Who may have 'talked'?  - Page 2 Empty Malinka/Murat?

Post by GEROME THE GNOME 04.06.14 17:56

Malinkas car was burnt out and the word "Talk" written on the pavement, Smithman was walking towards his house on 25th of april st and I read somewhere that he was on the phone with Murat at 10 pm.
GEROME THE GNOME

Activity : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 04.06.14 18:09

It may not be one of the Tapas 9 at all but a friend/relative may have "given information" who had a conversation with one of the Tapas 9 when something was said unintentionally.

After all 7 years is a long time to keep a secret, especially when friends or family may be talking about Madeleine's "abduction" at every meeting, dinner, lunch, family gathering, birthday, wedding, funeral, even work colleagues constantly bringing up the subject.  Constant questioning can result in someone getting "their knickers in a twist" and revealing more than should have been revealed.

No doubt newspapers have had an injunction slapped on them to not reveal anything that may be found out but I doubt family/friends/work colleagues have been subjected to an injunction from speaking out to SY.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager 04.06.14 18:31

Well family may have put the pressure on, possibly GM's sister jackie? The grandma's... Yes i could see that and you can assume that family has to have heard or saw something we havent.... Didnt the police have a search warrent for something in the Rothley house a few months back? I remember reading about it on one of the threads. I never heard anymore about that so figured it may have been a red herring of sorts. Definitely waiting to see who may have said what....

Activity : 483

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 04.06.14 18:38

Perhaps there is a small time petty criminal local to the area who unwittingly helped - did not know what exactly he was involved in at the time.  Earned a few euro helping a friend of a friend.

Suddenly SY are on the ground, talk of burglars, phone pings and them being main suspects in the press.  I might talk if I were that person.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by jellycat 04.06.14 18:45

sorry to sound thick but what is SY ?
jellycat

Activity : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 04.06.14 18:47

jellycat wrote:sorry to sound thick but what is SY ?

Sorry, Scotland Yard
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 04.06.14 18:47

jellycat wrote:sorry to sound thick but what is SY ?

Scotland Yard in London. Oops, posted at the same time.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by jellycat 04.06.14 18:50

thanks - both :-)
jellycat

Back to top Go down

Post by brixham 04.06.14 19:12

Maybe Russell O'Brien, he was the only one not present at the photocall on the steps of the Royal Courts of Justice when the Tapas 7 received their damages. 
Surely even the T7 can see all the discrepancies in this case.  Whatever pact they may or may not have had, how could you live with yourself if you knew something. After all is said and done an innocent little girl has likely lost her life. I hope someone has had the balls to say something if they have information, something to help bring this tragic tale to an end.
brixham
brixham

Activity : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.14 19:16

And if it's true that ROB and JT are no longer together...

'Reply    “It says, erm, ‘I have been given the opportunity to refresh my memory from the statement made from Jane TANNER’, she is not actually legally my wife we are just, we are just partners, erm,'

ROB's rog, from McCannfiles
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 04.06.14 19:18

brixham wrote:Maybe Russell O'Brien, he was the only one not present at the photocall on the steps of the Royal Courts of Justice when the Tapas 7 received their damages. 
Surely even the T7 can see all the discrepancies in this case.  Whatever pact they may or may not have had, how could you live with yourself if you knew something. After all is said and done an innocent little girl has likely lost her life. I hope someone has had the balls to say something if they have information, something to help bring this tragic tale to an end.
You are right. Someone should have the decency to tell the truth. Hope that all of those TAPAS 9 (I'd like to call them scum but I wont as I dont wish to stoop to their level) are watching the news reporting and reflecting on Madeleine - how she has been discredited through this charade.
However, despite the optimism on this thread that someone has 'talked' I dont think they have or will - not unless they suddenly fear for their futures.
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by jellycat 04.06.14 19:33

If they are all part of some 'sect' such as masons or Knights Templar then they won't be permitted to speak.
"The Roman Catholic Church has the longest history of objection to Freemasonry. The objections raised are based on the allegation that Masonry teaches a naturalistic deistic religion which is in conflict with Church doctrine.

If K & G are members then this casts suspicion on Kate's flamboyant display of Catholicism ? 
jellycat

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers 04.06.14 20:16

Maybe the statement that there are eight people to be interviewed is sow paranoia amongst the T9 that one has broken rank but not told the rest. That way one of them might actually break rank. Just a thought - a bit like if the police have two suspects you keep them apart, interview them separately and tell both that the other has already confessed.
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by jellycat 04.06.14 20:18

roy rovers wrote:Maybe the statement that there are eight people to be interviewed is sow paranoia amongst the T9 that one has broken rank but not told the rest. That way one of them might actually break rank. Just a thought - a bit like if the police have two suspects you keep them apart, interview them separately and tell both that the other has already confessed.
 clapping
jellycat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 04.06.14 20:41

Shhh wrote:Diane Webster?

Though I think one of the PaynesPaynes

I'd say a Payne, but not Diane I don't think she was in the know. But a Payne would explain why CW apparently forgot them.

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 04.06.14 20:58

sami wrote:
j.rob wrote:Okay - I can see that the 'confession' was in a counselling session. And it related to where he said he had put the body. But police did not put much faith in what he said, perhaps unsurprisingly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As far as I'm aware, counselling in the capacity as prison Chaplain is not the same as confession in his capacity as a priest.   He may of course have received permission from Bridger to speak about it which is allowed and Chaplain or priest would not matter.

He would not have to have had permission from Bridger if it was during a counselling session. This may, indeed, be where a vital slip was made. Bridger (or those advising him) may have assumed that a Catholic priest would not pass on information to police. But the counselling body that the priest adhered to has a different set of ethical guidelines. As I think is explained in one of the articles. He would have had a duty to pass on information that might be relevant to a criminal investigation, if he was to follow the guidelines of the counselling body - BACP. 

That's my understanding of it. 

As for who may have talked and why. There are so many people who could have done. However, when confused about this case, I often find myself consulting  the good book. No - not that good book beloved of the priests but the book as translated by KM. For some reason, I found myself looking, for the first time, at the acknowledgements at the back. 

Editor Caroline North gets a mention as do Bill Scott-Kerr, Sally Gaminara, Janine Giovanni and Alison Barrow from Transworld, the publishers. Neil Blair of Christopher Little Literary Agency also gets a mention. 

Lawyers Ed Smethurst, Adam Tudor, Isabel Hudson and Isabel Duarte are also singled out for praise.

Claudia Nogueira from LIFT Consulting is 'a very good friend'. 

Then there is 'a lovely Portuguese friend from Luz' who Kate met on 11 August 2007 who she does not name. 

Then Emma Loach who gets a glowing acknowledgement.

Then Fiona Payne. And Fiona and David are singled out as very special friends to both Kate and Gerry.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.06.14 20:59

no one.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum