The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Portuguese police took our girl because of 'Maddie effect', beat father & stole money. - Page 2 Mm11

Portuguese police took our girl because of 'Maddie effect', beat father & stole money. - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Portuguese police took our girl because of 'Maddie effect', beat father & stole money. - Page 2 Mm11

Portuguese police took our girl because of 'Maddie effect', beat father & stole money. - Page 2 Regist10

Portuguese police took our girl because of 'Maddie effect', beat father & stole money.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Portuguese police took our girl because of 'Maddie effect', beat father & stole money. - Page 2 Empty Re: Portuguese police took our girl because of 'Maddie effect', beat father & stole money.

Post by Seek truth 24.05.14 6:47

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:http://www.rtp.pt/play/p1047/e155087/sexta-as-9-ii

Report (from 6.50) on Portuguese TV. Please could someone help with a translation?  roses 
Looks like they're saying:

The hotel manager is saying the mother called him complaining about the father, that her girl was missing. So the manager then found the father in the bar drinking with the 18 month old, they all went upstairs. The day he then put the 18month old in the pool, they were verbally abusive calling each other drunk. The mother was then questioned about calpol and so they checked the girl out at the hospital. The father stayed behind in the hotel bar. Will figure out the rest.
Seek truth

Activity : 449

Back to top Go down

Portuguese police took our girl because of 'Maddie effect', beat father & stole money. - Page 2 Empty Re: Portuguese police took our girl because of 'Maddie effect', beat father & stole money.

Post by TozerDerry 24.05.14 7:02

I'll go with the Independent witness on the Sky Page and guess at over reaction to a situation.

That is three cases where the press (pumped up by the Madeleine Case) has posted about what seems to be appalling behaviour and where absolutely no action is taken after there has been an investigation! In each case the child has returned to the couple and no charges have been brought.
TozerDerry

Activity : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth 24.05.14 7:08

TozerDerry wrote:I'll go with the Independent witness on the Sky Page and guess at over reaction to a situation.

That is three cases where the press (pumped up by the Madeleine Case) has posted about what seems to be appalling behaviour and where absolutely no action is taken after there has been an investigation! In each case the child has returned to the couple and no charges have been brought.
I'll go by the hotel manager actually speaking directly about it.

He does say though that the parents were free to go back home. So what this couple decide is upto them, they should look after their own children in their own home, and not have other countries to do it for them, which they then get the blame for.

This report also states that cases like these, parents drinking has gone up over the last few years.
Seek truth

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 24.05.14 7:34

TozerDerry wrote:I'll go with the Independent witness on the Sky Page and guess at over reaction to a situation.

If you know this couple why are you going with the independent witness on sky,surely you believe your friends scratchhead
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth 24.05.14 7:42

Conclusion:

Maybe it was a one off, social services in Ireland probably would have already know if they were problematic.
In Britain we hear the portuguese police were bad again.
In Ireland the couple are being slated.
In Portugal we hear the hotel manager explaining it was the mother who complained first.
But not in British media!

Anything related to the mccanns over here, we know the score.
Seek truth

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 24.05.14 9:32

Once home, they were hardly going to "plead guilty"  now, were they?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by TozerDerry 24.05.14 10:20

tiny wrote:

If you know this couple why are you going with the independent witness on sky,surely you believe your friends scratchhead
I know of them locally. It is quite an issue. Relying on friend's testimony is likely to be biased. I thought the Sky comments were very interesting- no-one with an axe to grind.
TozerDerry

Activity : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 24.05.14 13:22

Oh dear, repercussions from the McCann case - what did they expect?  Kate and Gerry assisted by Lorraine, Fiona etc confirmed to the world that British parents leave their young children on their own while they go out boozing.  That the Portuguese police now think all British parents are neglectful drunks should come as no surprise.  I expect the police in Portugal and indeed, every holiday resort in Europe now keep a closer eye on holidaying Brits to prevent further accidents and abductions.  The legacy of the McCanns is that the British are terrible parents and this recent incident shows that the Portuguese police will act immediately if they believe a child is at risk - and who can blame them?
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by galena 24.05.14 13:29

That sounds about right to me.  I guess the PJ want to get in first in any case where they see that young children might be in danger of harm.  Perhaps in some cases they have overreacted but better that than a tragedy somewhere down the line.
galena

Activity : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.06.14 10:18

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/maddie-mccann-police-took-our-baby-because-we-gave-our-baby-calpol-belfast-couples-portugal-holiday-hell-30375896.html

I thought we'd heard the last of this one!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 23.06.14 10:43

I think there is more to this story than the couple say. The police may have been heavy handed but somebody must have called them due to genuine concerns.

The mother said she didn't usually drink but just had 3 cocktails, a cocktail could contain at least double or treble measures so it may not be even close to 'just having 3 drinks'.  There is no denial from the father about drinking either in any of the articles.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 23.06.14 10:55

Portuguese police took our girl because of 'Maddie effect', beat father & stole money. - Page 2 BqumFfLCAAAV4B2

https://twitter.com/lodonoghue6
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 23.06.14 11:04

tasprin wrote:Portuguese police took our girl because of 'Maddie effect', beat father & stole money. - Page 2 BqumFfLCAAAV4B2

https://twitter.com/lodonoghue6

But they were drinking and in charge of a baby...Just how much did the Father have to drink? I see they aren't eager to clear that bit up.
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack 23.06.14 11:14

Good grief, I have seen some unintelligible messages before, but that one is just so bad.  Hate to go all grammar and spelling nazi, but really?  She wants to tell her storey..

I despair, I really, really do.  Oh and I don't believe them, the original story from the hotel manager and the other eye witnesses seems to be more accurate to me.
kevmack

Activity : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.06.14 11:19

I had trouble not wincing over the spelling and grammar too. According to the initial report she is a hospital personal assistant - perhaps that just means she makes the tea, let's hope so!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 23.06.14 11:24

There are reports on other forums that the mother accused the father of being violent to her, so they were possibly having a bit of a domestic in the hotel bar.

Also a reconstruction here, http://www.rtp.pt/play/p1047/e155087/sexta-as-9-ii

it's Portuguese so I don't know exactly what's said but I think I understood the bits about the father drinking more than one cerveza with the baby at the bar.
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 23.06.14 12:35

< cue violins > "Lee-Anne added: “Eireann is such a good child and we just wanted to give her a great holiday but it really was the holiday from hell."

The child is 18 months old and they wanted to give her a 'great holiday'?  Are we to conclude that, with no thought for themselves, this couple devoted themselves to creating happy memories for their daughter who is far too young to remember them but who was no doubt extremely distressed by the behaviour of her parents.  

Perhaps this 'hospital personal assistant' can enlighten us as to how the garda deal with yobs those who act out in a manner which is likely to have an adverse impact on patients and staff?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 23.06.14 12:59

ultimaThule wrote:< cue violins > "Lee-Anne added: “Eireann is such a good child and we just wanted to give her a great holiday but it really was the holiday from hell."

The child is 18 months old and they wanted to give her a 'great holiday'?  Are we to conclude that, with no thought for themselves, this couple devoted themselves to creating happy memories for their daughter who is far too young to remember them but who was no doubt extremely distressed by the behaviour of her parents.  

Perhaps this 'hospital personal assistant' can enlighten us as to how the garda deal with yobs those who act out in a manner which is likely to have an adverse impact on patients and staff?

Exactly, I bet the little girl has been begging her parents to take her to Portugal and stay at a hotel that does good cocktails and beer. yes
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 23.06.14 14:56

I just hope the parents were not paid for this rubbish interview.That baby ought to be under the eyes of SS.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 23.06.14 18:19

No doubt TM will be clinging desperately onto these tales like Robinson Crusoe hanging onto his shipwreck. And, seeing as the media do not always report 'the truth' who is to say that this couple are not simply doing a damage limitation exercise. I wonder if CM was doing a little creative 'planting'. After all, the useless sardine-munchers was always a key 'plank' on which to build the case.
It's all the fault of the sardine-munchers. Portuguese police took our girl because of 'Maddie effect', beat father & stole money. - Page 2 3361253850

If the manager of the hotel called police, then there would have been grounds for doing so. And the couple's behaviour would have been noted by other guests. If the police had caused physical harm to either of the parents there would be evidence of this. And they would have grounds to take up a case. 

The Calpol thing is a complete red herring. The couple's behaviour was obviously causing concern. 

Shades of KM, really: "I was appalled by the treatment we received at the police station that day. . nobody asked how we were doing, whether we were OK or needed anything to eat or drink or to use the bathrooms.......Our child had been stolen and I felt as though we didn't exist."

The 'stealing' of Madeleine was considered by Kate to be something that would make them both more prominent, then, was it? Talk about giving the game away.

No champagne or canapes offered or red carpet laid out for Grieving Parents of Abducted Child.

So mean of the sardine-munchers. 

In my opinion.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 23.06.14 18:22

And don't forget, one of the main ways that 'people' tried to discredit Amaral was to claim that his team had physically assaulted the mother of the child who was ultimately found guilty of the child's murder.

I smell a rat.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 23.06.14 18:35

The case of the Irish baby girl

23 June 2014 
Joana Morais

Portuguese police took our girl because of 'Maddie effect', beat father & stole money. - Page 2 Otb1
Hotel Paraíso in Albufeira

Yesterday the Belfast Telegraph published the story of an Irish couple who made a few headlines, back in May, in the Portuguese media for placing their baby daughter at risk.

Shocked Hotel Paraíso guests and workers called the GNR [police authority] after seeing the child’s mother staggering with the baby in her arms on an 8th floor veranda, earlier on the child had been thrown into the hotel swimming pool. The child was removed from the swimming pool with scratches to her legs and appearing to have been sedated. The mother, later on, confessed to having used sedatives on the baby. The GNR in their turn called an ambulance who drove the 14 month-old baby girl to Faro Hospital to be tested and examined and alerted the British consulate as well as the child protective service emergency response.

The couple, who at the time regretted what they had done and said they had understood the gravity of their actions, are now twisting the facts and blaming the GNR police and Faro Hospital staff for rescuing their child.

Ever year several British families visit the Algarve, every year at least one or two cases of drunk and disorderly parents who have endangered their own children lives or neglected their children will be reported to the proper police authorities and child protective services, only the extreme cases make it to the media, as was the case of this Irish couple. Using "McCann" comparisons and prejudices as devices to excuse their own criminal and neglectful behaviour has become common place.

What follows is the translation of two media reports, requested by a lady from Belfast, one from the well-respected Público daily newspaper and the other from TVI Portuguese TV channel that were published and broadcast, respectively, in May.

Video
Irish baby in the Algarve - Parents constituted as arguidos [status given to a suspect of a crime]
14 month-old baby is still hospitalized

Broadcast by TVI, May 20 2014 at 13pm

Transcript

Marisa Rodrigues (TVI journalist) - The baby girl remains hospitalized at the Faro Hospital, not because she needs urgent medical care but because the authorities wish to understand if the eventual return of the child back to her parents may signify placing the little girl again at risk. Before that, the Public Ministry wishes to analyse the clinical reports as well as the reports of the child protection services technicians in order to decide the future of the 14 month-old baby girl.

It was the GNR who rescued her from her parents, of Irish nationality, at the beginning of Sunday night [18th May], after being alerted by guests of this hotel in Albufeira, who were shocked with what they had witnessed. The mother was on an 8th floor veranda, staggering, bumping into the walls with the baby in her arms. The witnesses also guarantee they saw the parents throwing the baby into the hotel swimming pool.

When the GNR officers entered the apartment, the baby was on her mother arms, who was staggering, while the father was lying down, almost passed out, both visibly drunk. The GNR called the INEM [emergency services/ambulance emergency response vehicle] and the mother ended up confessing she had given sedatives to her daughter, who was awaken without crying and had bruises and scratches on her legs.

The parents weren't arrested since they weren't caught in the act but were constituted as arguidos for suspicions of gross negligence and mistreatment. TVI know that the Public Ministry has already ordered the Commission for the Protection of Children and Young People[CPJC] to question the parents and it won't make any decisions until the CPJC reports are made. For now the child is to remain in the Faro hospital, the girl is temporarily under the guardianship of the court.
Ends.

British baby victim of parental neglect in the Algarve can return home
The little girl is still hospitalized at the Faro hospital after the parents, visibly drunk, threw her into the swimming pool and later on, still with troubles in keeping the balance, the mother carried the baby in her arms at the 8th floor veranda of the hotel

by Mariana Oliveira

The one year and a half Irish baby girl who has been the victim of neglect by her parents, an Irish couple who is on holidays in Albufeira, has received permission to return to the UK with her family. The decision was made by the Commission for the Protection of Children and Young People (CPJC) in Albufeira, who questioned the parents and have already contacted the Irish child protection services that will accompany the family and will assess the possibilities of further danger to the little girl.

The girl remains hospitalized this Tuesday at the Faro hospital, where she was admitted on Sunday night after several guests alerted to the danger the baby was in. The parents, visibly drunk, had threw her in the afternoon into the swimming pool and later, the mother, and still with troubles in keeping the balance, the mother carried the baby in her arms at the 8th floor veranda of the hotel.

As the spokesman of the GNR of Faro, Lieutenant Colonel José Palhau, explained to the Público newspaper, the police were called to the hotel in Albufeira about 20.30pm, last Sunday, upon their arrival they were faced with a situation that led them to request medical assistance for the child. After an initial assessment, the child was transported to the paediatric service at the Faro hospital. “A police report was made and the case was sent to the Family Court and Minors of Portimão”, said José Palhau.

Contacted by Público, an official source at the hospital just confirmed that the child remains hospitalized, without advancing any further details on the clinical situation. Público found out, however, that the child is clinically well and the suspicions that the child had been sedated have not been validated.

The Attorney General's Office (PGR) confirmed that Public Ministry [prosecutors] at the Family and Minors Court of Portimão received a communication “concerning the possible hazardous situation” of the baby girl that is in Portugal with her parents. “The Public Ministry informed the Commission for the Protection of Children and Young People in Albufeira, the entity that has the competence to monitor the situation of the child, since the consent of the parents was obtained”, clarified the PGR. The Attorney General's Office also stressed that under the current Law of Protection of Children and Young People in Danger the judicial intervention is ancillary to the child protection committees, taking place only in cases where they do not obtain parental consent.

The president of CPCJ in Albufeira, Manuela Lima, who received the Public Ministry communication on Monday, has already taken several steps.“We've heard the parents of the child and have already contacted the British Consulate and our counterparts in the UK”, said Manuela Lima. She also stated that the parents of the baby “are aware of the gravity of their actions and are committed to the well-being of the child”. Since the family does not reside in Portugal, the committee considered that it would be better for the baby to return to the country of origin where, Manuela Lima guarantees, the situation will be monitored and evaluated by the local child protection services. “We have already sent the whole process to Ireland”, said the president of the CPCJ in Albufeira.

While the baby is in Portugal, the Commission shall continue to accompany her, articulating its activities with the hospital in Faro. Manuela Lima clarified as well that the custody of the baby was never taken away from the parents.

At the Paraíso Apartment Hotel in Albufeira, where the family is staying, no one was available to make further comments. A receptionist of this four star hotel, which consist of 396 apartments, stated she was not allowed to transfer phone calls from journalists to the Irish couple.
in Público newspaper, May 20, 2014 at 21pm
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 23.06.14 18:43

Shocked Hotel Paraíso guests and workers called the GNR [police authority] after seeing the child’s mother staggering with the baby in her arms on an 8th floor veranda, earlier on the child had been thrown into the hotel swimming pool. The child was removed from the swimming pool with scratches to her legs and appearing to have been sedated. The mother, later on, confessed to having used sedatives on the baby. The GNR in their turn called an ambulance who drove the 14 month-old baby girl to Faro Hospital to be tested and examined and alerted the British consulate as well as the child protective service emergency response.

The couple, who at the time regretted what they had done and said they had understood the gravity of their actions, are now twisting the facts and blaming the GNR police and Faro Hospital staff for rescuing their child.

Yes, I'll stick with this version. Why are our press allowed to distort everything? Why do the media allow only one (distorted) version of events to come out.

There are witnesses to what happened. Why would you necessarily take the word of the parents over independent witnesses. Of course they are going to try to deny what happened? And make counter-attacks.

Pathetic. Judging by the style of writing of one of the parent's on twitter, their combined IQs are unlikely to put them into the Mensa bracket. 

Sounds to me they were bloody lucky to get away with events that, if they had happened in the UK, might have resulted in a different outcome. 

I think it's disgusting that the media can do these 'interviews' without giving the other side of the story. Just because there were not grounds for arrest, doesn't mean that the couple are innocent of behaving irresponsibly.

In my opinion.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 23.06.14 18:45

The president of CPCJ in Albufeira, Manuela Lima, who received the Public Ministry communication on Monday, has already taken several steps.“We've heard the parents of the child and have already contacted the British Consulate and our counterparts in the UK”, said Manuela Lima. She also stated that the parents of the baby “are aware of the gravity of their actions and are committed to the well-being of the child”. Since the family does not reside in Portugal, the committee considered that it would be better for the baby to return to the country of origin where, Manuela Lima guarantees, the situation will be monitored and evaluated by the local child protection services. “We have already sent the whole process to Ireland”, said the president of the CPCJ in Albufeira.

Quite so. Let us hope this is the case. Careful monitoring would certainly appear to be a sensible precaution. 
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack 23.06.14 19:41

Notably the mother is now trying to say that she was accused of throwing the baby from the 8th floor into the swimming pool, even though their room looked over the carpark, not the pool and is therefore twisting the sequence of events to make it look totally unlikely and to try and get people to believe her account.

Of course she completely airbrushes the being drunk with the baby on the veranda, and just morphs that into this crazy notion that she would throw her child into the pool from the 8th floor.

I totally believe the sequence of events as initially reported, that at some point she threw the baby into the pool (obviously from poolside, not the veranda) then later was staggering around drunk, with her baby on the 8th floor veranda

If, in the unlikely event I had ever taken leave of my senses, and had got drunk on holiday with my baby daughter and ended up in their situation, I would have crawled away, so embarrassed and very relieved that no further action was taken, and never been seen or heard of again, but yet again, we have these idiots now also trying to jump on the Madeleine bandwagon to justify their own rubbish parenting skills.  I just cannot understand some people, I really, really can't
kevmack

Activity : 241

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum