The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Correio da Manhã  Mm11

Correio da Manhã  Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Correio da Manhã  Mm11

Correio da Manhã  Regist10

Correio da Manhã

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Correio da Manhã  Empty Correio da Manhã

Post by sallypelt 21.03.14 16:22

I cannot find a thread dedicated to the Correio da Manhã, so I will start one here. There are lots of interesting information in it, regarding the Madeleine McCann case. I cannot find anything from today, or yesterday, but there appears to be lots of bits and pieces for the 19th of March.

I will do a Google translate, and post the links at the bottom, so if anyone wants to go to the articles.

Scotland Yard said the Judicial Police before launching this Wednesday a new appeal in the media to find the responsible for a series of sexual assaults on children in Algarve , secured Inspector Andy Redwood .

" My colleague , director [ Louis ] Mota Carmo , who is working on the delegation of Faro , fully understands the nature and extent of our investigation . I was in Portugal last Thursday, where I discussed our intentions in relation to this appeal through the media . Whatever we are doing is made in full and open with our Portuguese colleagues understanding, " said the detective , told Lusa .

Redwood , who heads since 2011 "Operation Grange ' , British police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in 2007 , said he traveled to Portugal to around 26 times for meetings of " strategic or tactical level. "

The goal of this campaign is trying to not only help take the responsible to justice but also stressed , " see whether this has anything to do with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann ."

Scotland Yard has launched a website translated into Portuguese and want to use social networks to try to obtain relevant information . Detective Chief Andy Redwood said that " we are directing [ the information ] to the communities that are affected and the Portuguese was clearly affected in the sense that these crimes happened in the Algarve . For example , we are using media such as Facebook , where we could promote our information and our calls , "said Lusa .

Apart from English and Portuguese , the page is also available in Dutch and German languages ​​the two main nationalities of tourists in southern Portugal .

"It's a matter of being smart , and we use all media to get our information has the maximum possible extent and , in particular , to get the answers we so desire ," he justified .

This is the third public appeal made ​​by the British police , the latter of which , in October , broadcast on British , German and Dutch television , generating more than five phone calls whose information is still being analyzed .

The British authorities maintain the offer of a reward in the amount of 20 billion pounds ( 24 billion euros ) to anyone providing information that identifies or lead to arrest and prosecution of the person responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann , the May 3, 2007 .

ALREADY STARTED HUNTING THE MAN

British detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in 2007 , then three years, now looking for a man who sexually abused have five children during robberies holiday villas in the Algarve .

Tanned, with dark hair and scruffy , the suspect will have robbed 12 homes where British families spent their holidays between 2004 and 2010 . In four of these assaults occurred between 2004 and 2006 , five children , aged between seven and ten years , were also sexually abused when they were in their beds .

According to police , most crimes occurred during the low tourist season . In each case there are many similar to the disappearance of British toddler aspects . Of the twelve offenses , four occurred in Carvoeiro six in Vale da Parra , area of ​​Praia da Gale , and two in Praia da Luz

Witnesses say the suspect spoke English with a foreign accent , often appeared shirtless and other with a dark red sweater with a white circle in the back and showed a protruding belly.

" We need to determine the identity of this man ," said the chief inspector of research . Andy Redwood said : " These offenses are very serious and no one was charged also need to remove this man from our research and verify that these crimes are connected with the disappearance of Madeleine . . " The same police official said the suspect " has an unusual interest for white children " and called for those who have been the victim of such a crime to talk to British police " even if you have reported the incident to police in Portugal or any other country " . " While some of these crimes were already previously in the public domain as a result of the appeal we made in October , were reported in three other - as a direct result of this appeal. Believe that one of these reports was the first in the series potential " , he stressed.

The research team ranked 38 places below that matters , after having studied the behavior of 530 connoted with sexual affairs . Of these, 59 were considered as high priority.

British police remember that after the call made last year called 5000 that generated new information was received and stresses that the investigation continues .

PJ was already INVESTIGATE THE SUSPECT ( 20.05 )

The pedophile revealed today by British police on suspicion of assaulting five children in the Algarve was already being investigated by the Judicial Police ( PJ ) and is allegedly linked to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in 2007 .

PJ source told Lusa news agency that " the information released today by the Metropolitan Police corresponds to the line of research discovered by the PJ team led by Helena Monteiro ." The same source stated that " the reopening of the investigation " legal emerged following the investigation of the suspect by the PJ .

" This line of research was made known to the English police and the parents of Maddie [ Gerry and Kate McCann ] at a meeting held in October 2013 at the premises of the PJ , in Lisbon ," he said .

The source also stated that the PJ " the investigation is still open and PJ continues research with reserve and discretion that has characterized ," adding that " the identification of five cases with the same ' modus operandi ' as possible to allow admit that these crimes have been committed by the same author and that it may be related to the disappearance of Madeleine . "

Maddie case : public appeal to identify rapist

British police seeking man responsible for sexual assaults on children, between 2004 and 2006 , in the Algarve . Line of investigation opened by PJ in 2013 ( Updated at 20h14 )

British police will use social networks to try to reach the Portuguese - Detective

Scotland Yard today launched a website translated into Portuguese and want to use social networks to try to reach the Portuguese and obtain relevant information about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, today unveiled the detective chief Andy Redwood.

The web page concerns the public appeal today to identify an allegedly responsible for serious sexual assaults and five British children aged 7:10 years a total of 12 occurrences recorded with British families between 2004 and 2006 in the Algarve man.

"We are directing [the information] to the communities that are affected and the Portuguese was clearly affected in the sense that these crimes happened in the Algarve. For example, we are using media such as Facebook, where we could promote our information and our appeals "Lusa said.

Pedophile discovered by PJ allegedly associated with disappearance of Maddie
he suspected pedophile revealed today by British police of assaulting five children in the Algarve was discovered by the Judicial Police ( PJ ) and is allegedly linked to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in 2007 .

PJ source told Lusa news agency that " the information released today by the Metropolitan Police corresponds to the line of research discovered by the PJ team led by Helena Monteiro ."

The same source stated that " the reopening of the investigation " legal emerged following the discovery of the suspect by PJ

Police suspected rapist in ' Maddie Case '
British police to suspect a rapist in the case of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann , in Aldeia da Luz ( Algarve ) .

Scotland Yard said PJ before launching new public appeal - British detective

Scotland Yard said the Judicial Police before launching today a new appeal in the media to find the responsible for a series of sexual assaults on children in the Algarve , said Friday Inspector Andy Redwood .

" My colleague , director [ Louis ] Mota Carmo , who is working on the delegation of Faro , fully understands the nature and extent of our investigation . I was in Portugal last Thursday, where I discussed our intentions in relation to this appeal through the media . Whatever we are doing is made in full and open with our Portuguese colleagues understanding, " said the detective , told Lusa .

Redwood , who heads since 2011 "Operation Grange ' , British police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in 2007 , said he traveled to Portugal to around 26 times for meetings of " strategic or tactical level. "

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Correio da Manhã  Empty Re: Correio da Manhã

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 21.03.14 16:25

I find this bit most interesting:

"Scotland Yard said the Judicial Police before launching today a new appeal in the media to find the responsible for a series of sexual assaults on children in the Algarve , said Friday Inspector Andy Redwood .

" My colleague , director [ Louis ] Mota Carmo , who is working on the delegation of Faro , fully understands the nature and extent of our investigation . I was in Portugal last Thursday, where I discussed our intentions in relation to this appeal through the media . Whatever we are doing is made in full and open with our Portuguese colleagues understanding, " said the detective , told Lusa ."

So what is going on?

Also, wasn't Amaral's interview recorded last Friday, the day after Redwood's visit to Portugal?
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 21.03.14 16:27

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:I find this bit most interesting:

"Scotland Yard said the Judicial Police before launching today a new appeal in the media to find the responsible for a series of sexual assaults on children in the Algarve , said Friday Inspector Andy Redwood .

" My colleague , director [ Louis ] Mota Carmo , who is working on the delegation of Faro , fully understands the nature and extent of our investigation . I was in Portugal last Thursday, where I discussed our intentions in relation to this appeal through the media . Whatever we are doing is made in full and open with our Portuguese colleagues understanding, " said the detective , told Lusa ."

So what is going on?

Also, wasn't Amaral's interview recorded last Friday, the day after Redwood's visit to Portugal?
There is a bit more that I didn't post in my last post:

Pedophile investigated by PJ allegedly associated with disappearance of Maddie

suspected pedophile revealed today by British police of assaulting five children in the Algarve was investigated by the Judicial Police ( PJ ) and is allegedly linked to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in 2007 .

PJ source told Lusa news agency that " the information released today by the Metropolitan Police corresponds to the line of research discovered by the PJ team led by Helena Monteiro ."

The same source stated that " the reopening of the investigation " legal emerged following the investigation of the suspect by the PJ . ( Replaces the title and text the word " discovered" by " investigated " )
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 21.03.14 16:46

2 things not right.

There has been no mention by SY of these 12 incidents having similarities to what happened to Madeleine. Redwood said that the12 were similar enough for him to believe the same man was responsible for all of them, sexual assault or otherwise.
 Similar to one another according to Redwood on CW, MOST NO FORCED ENTRY. WHEN THINGS WERE STOLEN, THEY WERE " SMALL VALUE ITEMS"

There has been no mention of rape or even attempted rape, but of sexual assault, which is not the same.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 21.03.14 17:16

"The British authorities maintain the offer of a reward in the amount of 20 billion pounds ( 24 billion euros ) to anyone providing information that identifies or lead to arrest and prosecution of the person responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann , the May 3, 2007 ."

Really ???   So Peter Mac and Tony Bennett could share it between them.  yes
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 21.03.14 19:21

Woofer wrote:"The British authorities maintain the offer of a reward in the amount of 20 billion pounds ( 24 billion euros ) to anyone providing information that identifies or lead to arrest and prosecution of the person responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann , the May 3, 2007 ."

Really ???   So Peter Mac and Tony Bennett could share it between them.  yes
LOL, if there were a reward like that we would not still be discussing this unsloved mystery 7 years later.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 21.03.14 20:03

As far as I'm aware, 'British authorities' in the form of the Met have put up £20,000 to inspire public spirited citizens to come forward with information. 

If 20 billion pounds was on offer , I suspect there would be a stampede to claim it from well-informed individuals with surnames beginning with M, P, O and H.  big grin
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.03.14 20:30

Who's H?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 21.03.14 22:40

sallypelt wrote:I cannot find a thread dedicated to the Correio da Manhã, so I will start one here. There are lots of interesting information in it, regarding the Madeleine McCann case. I cannot find anything from today, or yesterday, but there appears to be lots of bits and pieces for the 19th of March.

I will do a Google translate, and post the links at the bottom, so if anyone wants to go to the articles.

Scotland Yard said the Judicial Police before launching this Wednesday a new appeal in the media to find the responsible for a series of sexual assaults on children in Algarve , secured Inspector Andy Redwood .

The goal of this campaign is trying to not only help take the responsible to justice but also stressed , " see whether this has anything to do with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann ."

Scotland Yard has launched a website translated into Portuguese and want to use social networks to try to obtain relevant information . Detective Chief Andy Redwood said that " we are directing [ the information ] to the communities that are affected and the Portuguese was clearly affected in the sense that these crimes happened in the Algarve . For example , we are using media such as Facebook , where we could promote our information and our calls , "said Lusa .

Apart from English and Portuguese , the page is also available in Dutch and German languages ​​the two main nationalities of tourists in southern Portugal .

"It's a matter of being smart , and we use all media to get our information has the maximum possible extent and , in particular , to get the answers we so desire ," he justified .

This is the third public appeal made ​​by the British police , the latter of which , in October , broadcast on British , German and Dutch television , generating more than five phone calls whose information is still being analyzed .

The British authorities maintain the offer of a reward in the amount of 20 billion pounds ( 24 billion euros ) to anyone providing information that identifies or lead to arrest and prosecution of the person responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann , the May 3, 2007 .

ALREADY STARTED HUNTING THE MAN

British detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in 2007 , then three years, now looking for a man who sexually abused have five children during robberies holiday villas in the Algarve .

Tanned, with dark hair and scruffy , the suspect will have robbed 12 homes where British families spent their holidays between 2004 and 2010 . In four of these assaults occurred between 2004 and 2006 , five children , aged between seven and ten years , were also sexually abused when they were in their beds .

According to police , most crimes occurred during the low tourist season . In each case there are many similar to the disappearance of British toddler aspects . Of the twelve offenses , four occurred in Carvoeiro six in Vale da Parra , area of ​​Praia da Gale , and two in Praia da Luz

Witnesses say the suspect spoke English with a foreign accent , often appeared shirtless and other with a dark red sweater with a white circle in the back and showed a protruding belly.

" We need to determine the identity of this man ," said the chief inspector of research . Andy Redwood said : " These offenses are very serious and no one was charged also need to remove this man from our research and verify that these crimes are connected with the disappearance of Madeleine . . " The same police official said the suspect " has an unusual interest for white children " and called for those who have been the victim of such a crime to talk to British police " even if you have reported the incident to police in Portugal or any other country " . " While some of these crimes were already previously in the public domain as a result of the appeal we made in October , were reported in three other - as a direct result of this appeal. Believe that one of these reports was the first in the series potential " , he stressed.

The research team ranked 38 places below that matters , after having studied the behavior of 530 connoted with sexual affairs . Of these, 59 were considered as high priority.

British police remember that after the call made last year called 5000 that generated new information was received and stresses that the investigation continues .

PJ was already INVESTIGATE THE SUSPECT ( 20.05 )

The pedophile revealed today by British police on suspicion of assaulting five children in the Algarve was already being investigated by the Judicial Police ( PJ ) and is allegedly linked to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in 2007 .

PJ source told Lusa news agency that " the information released today by the Metropolitan Police corresponds to the line of research discovered by the PJ team led by Helena Monteiro ." The same source stated that " the reopening of the investigation " legal emerged following the investigation of the suspect by the PJ .

" This line of research was made known to the English police and the parents of Maddie [ Gerry and Kate McCann ] at a meeting held in October 2013 at the premises of the PJ , in Lisbon ," he said .

The source also stated that the PJ " the investigation is still open and PJ continues research with reserve and discretion that has characterized ," adding that " the identification of five cases with the same ' modus operandi ' as possible to allow admit that these crimes have been committed by the same author and that it may be related to the disappearance of Madeleine . "

Maddie case : public appeal to identify rapist

British police seeking man responsible for sexual assaults on children, between 2004 and 2006 , in the Algarve . Line of investigation opened by PJ in 2013 ( Updated at 20h14 )

British police will use social networks to try to reach the Portuguese - Detective

Scotland Yard today launched a website translated into Portuguese and want to use social networks to try to reach the Portuguese and obtain relevant information about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, today unveiled the detective chief Andy Redwood.

The web page concerns the public appeal today to identify an allegedly responsible for serious sexual assaults and five British children aged 7:10 years a total of 12 occurrences recorded with British families between 2004 and 2006 in the Algarve man.

"We are directing [the information] to the communities that are affected and the Portuguese was clearly affected in the sense that these crimes happened in the Algarve. For example, we are using media such as Facebook, where we could promote our information and our appeals "Lusa said.

Pedophile discovered by PJ allegedly associated with disappearance of Maddie
he suspected pedophile revealed today by British police of assaulting five children in the Algarve was discovered by the Judicial Police ( PJ ) and is allegedly linked to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in 2007 .

The same source stated that " the reopening of the investigation " legal emerged following the discovery of the suspect by PJ

Police suspected rapist in ' Maddie Case '
British police to suspect a rapist in the case of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann , in Aldeia da Luz ( Algarve ) .

Scotland Yard said PJ before launching new public appeal - British detective

Scotland Yard said the Judicial Police before launching today a new appeal in the media to find the responsible for a series of sexual assaults on children in the Algarve , said Friday Inspector Andy Redwood .

So the McCanns attended a meeting in Lisbon with SY and the PJ in October 2013?  Around the time of the reconstructions.  I had to read that twice, I would have thought it a bit risky for them to be travelling to Portugal together, but clearly they have, and clearly they are 'assistants to the process', or whatever the phrase might be.  Their input into the investigation might account for the all the wild goose chases and ridiculous suspects.  Kate and Gerry know their rights and they are surrounded by teams of lawyers who are assisting them in pulling every trick in the book to hinder the investigations, all done legally and within their human rights.  The ongoing shenanigans are just a continuation of what they started in 2007.  Keep throwing in suspects (in 2007 it was 'leads') to steer the police officers away from investigating them, although now it looks as though they have found a legal way of doing it.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 21.03.14 23:12

@ Cristobel - I vaguely remember the BBC news reporting from Portugal last year (I think it was around the time of the last CW).  The reporter was standing outside a police building saying the McCanns had visited there and were being kept updated by the PJ.  I can`t remember what town it was.  It was also around that time that there was mention of them becoming assistentes but I can`t remember if it was mentioned in the same journalist`s report.

I do wonder about the 12 cases (that were reported in The News Of the World that Nereid posted) - where did they stem from - do they actually exist or were they made up by the McCanns?  It was Edgar being quoted in the NotW.  I wonder if Andy is trying to get help from the Portuguese to find out if these cases actually occurred.  When you mentioned the words `goose chase` it got me thinking.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 21.03.14 23:12

In these days of video conferencing it is no longer necessary to attend meetings in person, which fact makes high ranking officers of the CPS travelling to meet their opposite numbers in Portugal on no less than three occasions all the more remarkable.

It is my understanding of the Portuguese Penal Code that the McCanns cannot be awarded assistente status as they do not hold parental responsibility for the child whose disappearance is under investigation.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 21.03.14 23:23

ultimaThule wrote:As far as I'm aware, 'British authorities' in the form of the Met have put up £20,000 to inspire public spirited citizens to come forward with information. 

If 20 billion pounds was on offer , I suspect there would be a stampede to claim it from well-informed individuals with surnames beginning with M, P, O and H.  big grin
Châtelaine wrote

Who's H?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

McCann, Mitchell, Payne, O'Brien, Oldfield and...  Healy because no-one''s going to tell me that Ma Healy doesn't know her daughter and son-in-law are liars, and worse, Chatelaine, and if Kate was willing to, metaphorically. sell her daughter down the river for a few million, it's probable that Ma Healy would climb over her to collect 20 billion as apples don't fall far from trees.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 21.03.14 23:27

ultimaThule wrote:In these days of video conferencing it is no longer necessary to attend meetings in person, which fact makes high ranking officers of the CPS travelling to meet their opposite numbers in Portugal on no less than three occasions all the more remarkable.

It is my understanding of the Portuguese Penal Code that the McCanns cannot be awarded assistente status as they do not hold parental responsibility for the child whose disappearance is under investigation.
It clearly says at the PJ premises in Lisbon.  Sounds to me as though there was a round table meeting, PJ, SY and Kate and Gerry, and I would imagine, lawyers.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 22.03.14 0:00

I tend not to believe what I read in the press and, more particularly, not when articles have been contributed to by family sources, paid spokesmen, reputation management specialists, and lawyers acting for those who woud have me believe that they adhere to the highest standards of probity and transparency in all of their dealings.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Clocker 22.03.14 0:22

Woofer wrote:@ Cristobel - I vaguely remember the BBC news reporting from Portugal last year (I think it was around the time of the last CW).  The reporter was standing outside a police building saying the McCanns had visited there and were being kept updated by the PJ.  I can`t remember what town it was.  It was also around that time that there was mention of them becoming assistentes but I can`t remember if it was mentioned in the same journalist`s report.

I do wonder about the 12 cases (that were reported in The News Of the World that Nereid posted) - where did they stem from - do they actually exist or were they made up by the McCanns?  It was Edgar being quoted in the NotW.  I wonder if Andy is trying to get help from the Portuguese to find out if these cases actually occurred.  When you mentioned the words `goose chase` it got me thinking.
I remember this too Woofer but I also remember they were not actually in the meeting room while the meeting was taking place but were updated by the PJ when they came out. So they weren't privy to the details, only what the PJ were happy for them to know.

Activity : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 22.03.14 0:49

Clocker wrote:
Woofer wrote:@ Cristobel - I vaguely remember the BBC news reporting from Portugal last year (I think it was around the time of the last CW).  The reporter was standing outside a police building saying the McCanns had visited there and were being kept updated by the PJ.  I can`t remember what town it was.  It was also around that time that there was mention of them becoming assistentes but I can`t remember if it was mentioned in the same journalist`s report.

I remember this too Woofer but I also remember they were not actually in the meeting room while the meeting was taking place but were updated by the PJ when they came out. So they weren't privy to the details, only what the PJ were happy for them to know.

I wondered if these cases were made up by the McCanns also.

I wondered if it's another case of calling their bluff and actually finding a suspect for the crimes which were presented as true. And then eliminating him.

In the same way that the father carrying the child was unearthed by SY, putting paid to Tannerman.

canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 22.03.14 5:50

The saying 'hoist by their own petard' comes to mind, since they were the ones who had Madeleine made a Ward of Court.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 22.03.14 15:29

So what is going on?

It does not say that PJ agreed to it. Their message is very clear: Andy is violating Portugal's law by publishing this information that is part of an ACTIVE investigation.

I guess that's why Andy was snickering so much in the end.

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 22.03.14 15:45

lj wrote:

So what is going on?

It does not say that PJ agreed to it. Their message is very clear: Andy is violating Portugal's law by publishing this information that is part of an ACTIVE investigation.

That's your reading of it, not mine.

Redwood publicised part of the Operation Grange investigation, so no law broken.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 22.03.14 15:46

As I understand it, the PJ concluded their investigations into the alleged sexual assaults on white British female children some time ago, lj, and I cannot see that AR/NSY is 'violating Portugal's law' by publishing information which is pertinent to the UK's investigation of Madeleine McCann's disappearance.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 22.03.14 15:53

Miraflores wrote:
The saying 'hoist by their own petard' comes to mind, since they were the ones who had Madeleine made a Ward of Court.
It may be a case of being hoist by their own petard on more than one occasion, Miraflores, as it seem to me that Wardship has had a profound effect on the libel trial, which has remained in abeyance following defence counsel's request for the Court to evaulate this matter a few days before the trial was due to resume.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 23.03.14 5:08

Britain's Finest

Scotland Yard speaks of new data that has been collected by the English investigation. But the Judiciary Police has another version.

The thesis that points towards a suspect of alleged sexual attacks against British children in the Algarve is nothing but the investigation line that was defined by the PJ team in Oporto, which reviewed the entire process.

A source at the Judiciary Police asserts that this was the line that was the basis for the reopening of the inquiry, in October last year.

This means that what has just been announced in England is part of the Portuguese process, which is under judicial secrecy. A secret that had been well kept until now and that was breached, which may weaken the trust between both police forces.

This information was given by the PJ itself to the British police and to the McCann couple, during a meeting at the Judiciary Police’s National Directory, in Lisbon.

There is an agreement between both police forces: they regularly meet in Portugal. They exchange information about the development of the investigations into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The PJ has always kept silent about what happens during these meetings that take place behind closed doors. A stance that is being kept: Officially, the National Directory does not comment Scotland Yard’s statement.

Thank you Astro for the translation

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 23.03.14 5:08

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
lj wrote:

So what is going on?

That's your reading of it, not mine.

Redwood publicised part of the Operation Grange investigation, so no law broken.

yes, and...?

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 03.05.14 11:00

Pais de Madeleine defendem equipa conjunta de polícias para acelerar investigação
03-05-2014
Uma operação policial conjunta entre Portugal e o Reino Unido poderia acelerar a investigação ao desaparecimento de Madeleine McCann, que hoje completa sete anos, acreditam os pais, Kate e Gerry McCann.

Parents of Madeleine advocate joint team of policemen to accelerate research

A joint police operation between Portugal and the UK could accelerate the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, who today completes seven years believe parents, Kate and Gerry McCann.
"What was it like to see a joint investigation instead of two running in parallel. There is much paperwork involved, international letters rogatory that are very flat and have a very slow process," he said in an interview with the parent agency Lusa.
Currently derive two investigations, one in Portugal's Judicial Police, after reopening the investigation by the Public Ministry, and another in the UK, in charge of the Metropolitan Police (Scotland Yard).

McCann atacam polícias
03-05-2014
Os pais de Madeleine McCann - que desapareceu faz hoje sete anos, na praia da Luz, Algarve - criticaram ontem a falta de uma investigação conjunta ao caso entre as polícias portuguesa e inglesa.

McCann attack police
Kate and Gerry criticize lack of a joint investigation between Portugal and the UK

The parents of Madeleine McCann - who disappeared seven years ago today , in Praia da Luz , Algarve - yesterday criticized the lack of a joint investigation into the case between the Portuguese and the English police . Kate and Gerry confessed his frustration by " bureaucracy between Portugal and the United Kingdom to be delaying the investigation ."
" All differences between them have to be put aside ," said Gerry McCann , 45, a British television . " Despite having already spent seven years there is still much to investigate," he said. Kate , 46 , want a joint team between the Portuguese authorities and the United Kingdom . " It was ideal, as it would reduce the bureaucracy ." " The clock is ticking and it is painful to live in limbo not knowing what happened ," he said .
Remember that the English authorities have been very critical of the Portuguese investigation . Recently made ​​public reveal the line of research that PJ took the Prosecutor to reopen the investigation in October : a series of invasions of homes in the Algarve , between 2002 and 2010 , with eleven English children victims of sexual abuse . The suspect is unidentified . The breakthrough was announced in October the British police and the parents of Madeleine .
Contacted yesterday by the CM , the Attorney General's Office said that the three letters rogatory sent by the British authorities - asking conducting investigations - were sent to the Public Prosecutor of Portimão , who already gave the PJ for its implementation .
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 08.05.14 22:36

Quinta-feira, 8 de Maio de 2014 - 22:35

Maddie: team landed yesterday at Faro airport

Meeting with PJ before the search

Six members of Scotland Yard came to the Algarve for a meeting with the Portuguese police and to define the operations to seek corp

A team from Scotland Yard landed yesterday in the late afternoon , at Faro airport for a meeting with the Judicial Police ( PJ ) , at the request of searches to find the body of Madeleine McCann , which will be coordinated by the PJ on the Beach da Luz , Lagos. The group , to which the CM was found , consists of six investigators , including two forensic experts searching for cadavers .

The investigations were ordered by the British authorities and authorized by the Public Ministry of Portimão , such as CM already reported . The excavations are , however, dependent on the discovery of a relevant track. Despite the arrival of the British team to the Algarve , is not confirmed that the searches now begin in the coming days .

Among the approaches applied by Scotland Yard in the three letters rogatory sent to the Attorney General's Office , the CM knows , inquiries are still eight witnesses who are deemed relevant to the British. The British police wanted to give daily details to journalists about what will be done in Praia da Luz but knows CM , PJ refused and even threatened to go ahead with exploration work due to the media attention that operations are taking on England. British researchers want to use dogs to detect and georadar corpses in a field next to the Ocean Club and in a field between the church and the beach .
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum