The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Maddie McCann detectives 'probe Portuguese gypsy site 15-minutes away from hotel where three year-old was snatched in 2007' Mm11

Maddie McCann detectives 'probe Portuguese gypsy site 15-minutes away from hotel where three year-old was snatched in 2007' Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Maddie McCann detectives 'probe Portuguese gypsy site 15-minutes away from hotel where three year-old was snatched in 2007' Mm11

Maddie McCann detectives 'probe Portuguese gypsy site 15-minutes away from hotel where three year-old was snatched in 2007' Regist10

Maddie McCann detectives 'probe Portuguese gypsy site 15-minutes away from hotel where three year-old was snatched in 2007'

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maddie McCann detectives 'probe Portuguese gypsy site 15-minutes away from hotel where three year-old was snatched in 2007' Empty Maddie McCann detectives 'probe Portuguese gypsy site 15-minutes away from hotel where three year-old was snatched in 2007'

Post by NickE 03.02.14 10:23

Gypsies,Here we go again clapping 

A traveller site close to the holiday resort where Madeleine McCann disappeared is being investigated by police leading the probe into her disappearance, it has been claimed.

According to reports, detectives from Scotland Yard are carrying out investigations into Meia Praia, a site seven miles from the holiday apartment in Praia da Luz where Madeleine disappeared in May 2007.

Earlier this month the Mail exclusively revealed Scotland Yard had identified three burglars as prime suspects.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2550836/Maddie-McCann-detectives-probe-Portuguese-gypsy-site-15-minutes-hotel-three-year-old-snatched-2007.html
NickE
NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Maddie McCann detectives 'probe Portuguese gypsy site 15-minutes away from hotel where three year-old was snatched in 2007' Empty Re: Maddie McCann detectives 'probe Portuguese gypsy site 15-minutes away from hotel where three year-old was snatched in 2007'

Post by Fred Up 03.02.14 10:37

Altogether now...

"Gypsies, tramps and thieves. We hear it from the people of the town they took her...gypsies, tramps and thieves."

Activity : 53

Back to top Go down

Maddie McCann detectives 'probe Portuguese gypsy site 15-minutes away from hotel where three year-old was snatched in 2007' Empty Re: Maddie McCann detectives 'probe Portuguese gypsy site 15-minutes away from hotel where three year-old was snatched in 2007'

Post by bristow 03.02.14 10:38

I despair - I wonder if anyone has asked Andy Redwood outright what he thinks about the findings of Eddie and Keeler?

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 03.02.14 10:44

Great,  I was beginning to miss our swarthy gypsy friends.

The article says one of the camps is notourious for drug smuggling and violence, maybe it's the type of place someone might go if they needed a money hungry, completely immoral criminal to dispose of something, no questions asked?
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 03.02.14 10:46

bored
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 03.02.14 10:46

The media as a whole must love RB for getting this case reopened. The headlines and copies they have sold in the past months must have given them a massive cash injection. OK, it's the same old stories from 2008 (Gypsies / dodgy characters / burglars / efits), but the Great British Public are lapping it up and buying every copy.

The big question is whether it will end in the same way - with nobody any the wiser, and a cloud of suspicion over the parents? Or will both police forces come up with a 'neat' ending. Not so much a whitewash as a face-saving way to get out of a case that they have no chance of solving.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 03.02.14 10:56

Did Mark Warner recruit its staff from the Gypsy encampment then ?
I am getting confused.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 03.02.14 11:32

Don't know how it works in PT,but the Police tend to visit these places often because of criminal activities.
NickE
NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Maddie McCann detectives 'probe Portuguese gypsy site 15-minutes away from hotel where three year-old was snatched in 2007' Empty for all those looking at gypsies, burglars, drivers, cleaners, etc etc,

Post by worriedmum 03.02.14 11:40

THIS is a picture of what an ELEPHANT looks like.....(in a room)

Maddie McCann detectives 'probe Portuguese gypsy site 15-minutes away from hotel where three year-old was snatched in 2007' Eddie100807_468x345
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.02.14 14:41

144 comments now!  It seems people getting rather fed up of all this.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.02.14 14:57

PeterMac wrote:Did Mark Warner recruit its staff from the Gypsy encampment then ?
I am getting confused.
Mark Warner employed very fine and upstanding people in the 'white collar' area of their business....Alex Woolfall, Alan Pike.....
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13360

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 03.02.14 15:02

PeterMac wrote:Did Mark Warner recruit its staff from the Gypsy encampment then ?
I am getting confused.

Has Mark Warner got any staff left, after the McCanns did 'a runner' just 48 hrs after being named official 'arguido/arguida'?

Perhaps, after a lot of MW staff were 'dismissed' (through absolutely no fault of their own, even after they gave up their time to 'actually' search for a 'missing' child, which the 'missing' childs own parents, remarkedly, didn't do ) due to the McCann 'mystery' in 2007, the 'dismissed' staff took up residency in the near by gypsy encampment.

Have MW issued the libel writ yet against the UK Media, and possibly the Met, for possible 'reputational damage' to their brand?

After last weeks 'onslaught'?

"The place, MW's (OC, PDL), is crawling with 'undesireables' 'child snatchers' '90% chance of getting burgled' etc.,
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 03.02.14 15:09

candyfloss wrote:144 comments now!  It seems people getting rather fed up of all this.
Before they get 'whooshed'. These are important historical documents, which prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the British people - even those who read the Mail - are NOT following this nonsense.
NOTE TO MITCHELL - you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.
And in your case the number of people you are able to fool even for a short time is rapidly diminishing.
Everyone now knows for sure what you are.

Why wasn't this done in 2007 when she first went missing?
Because technology wasn't advanced to the stage where it can analyse data in the way they can today?
I THINK WE ALL KNOW WHY. USELESS POLICING.
what happened to the three robbers story we had last week? what a circus!
ReplyNew48616Click to rate
Annie, Dorset, 3 hours ago
I always understood there was no signs of a break in at the apartment, no forensics, no fingerprints. So just how do thieves break in and leave no trace?

Nobody had to break in, the door was unlocked.
Wasn't the window opened in the bedroom
"..detectives..probe gypsy site.." With a view to what ????? It's seven years, now, since she was taken - what do they hope to find ??
Think you need to look up the number of cold cases British police have solved and take note of the number of years that have passed since the crimes took place.
So what do you suggest we do, just forget about it? Ridiculous remark.
One theory is that the burglars raided the McCanns¿ flat and were panicked into snatching the youngster when she woke up.......L U D I C R O U S.
I agree . Don't they feel embarrassed even saying that. Like the burglar thought oh I've screwed this burglary up--I know I'll make it better by snatching a child.
I think it is all spin
I agree, this is getting out of hand now.
So now we get a dodgy theory of burglars breaking into the ground floor apartment? No sign of an actual burglary in the apartment to take personal belongings. Since when do burglars decide to kidnap a 3 year old girl anyway? Sorry to say, but this theory is clutching at straws on this one I'm afraid!
No sign of an abduction either!
Do they have a CLUE...THOUGHT NOT.
It has been such a long time, I do not know what to say! I hope they do find her or what really happened.
I get the distinct impression these boys from the Met are just jumping from one Non lead to another .

What a waste of money this is. Let it go.

Absolutely, we should not be resourcing something that is not our responsibility. Better tgings for UK police to be doing than this.
@yawn, would you say that if this was your daughter?

I can't read any more of this nonsense. It's a farce.
Yada yada yada! Is there a court case summary due. Oh yes there is.
What are the chances that Madeleine is alive and well and living in this gypsy camp? less than 0.00001% I think.
And? Your point? If it were my child then I would take the 0.00001% and want the police there doing whatever they could. Until it is 0% they should KEEP GOING. and good luck to them. Blow the % this and % that and the cost.
What an absolute farce!
If the money spent on looking for this one chill had been put into a central fund dealing only with missing children I wonder how many would have been found. Millions upon millions with absolutely nothing to show for it . Disgraceful.
Any enquiry weather it seems ridiculous or not, should of been followed up by the Portuguese, yes it's way to late but at least the met are not giving up, and if it was my child I wouldn't ever give up!
Like you say the Met are not giveing up ..........But were are her parents in all of this .they dont seem to be doing much seartching .......
"Should HAVE been followed up..."
Why are a British police force investigating a Portuguese crime. Would the Portuguese investigate an attack on one of their citizens in London? Would they be allowed to?

I feel sorry for the parents, however if the police have a limited budget why is this case getting so much attention. For the cost of this many others could be protected and their crimes investigated. Once again I feel sorry but isn't it out of balance?

And if it was your child would you want them ever to give up ask yourself that..

Boring Boring. Policeman helps another policeman tie his shoes. More interesting

Or maybe the Fairies,down the bottom of the Garden.The Coppers here are no nearer than the ones in Portugal.

Is it me--- Jumping ? after 7 years- I think this whole saga has turned into a holiday jaunt for the old bill, and using whose money ?? Have a guess
I think she is no longer alive and therefore won't be found. I also don't think they'll ever find the culprits - it's too long ago. Sorry for being a cynic but that's how I see it. With these cases they have to strike while the iron's hot, and police themselves admit that if a missing person isn't found within the first 48 hours, the chances of finding them alive diminishes by the day. Very sad.
Please just let us all hear some good news, bring her home !!!!
Dumb and dumber would have had more success investigating this. What a tragedy.
So it's gypsies now and not burglars, 'according to reports'. Please stop.
How much more money is going to be plunged into this case? Thousands of children go missing every year and none of those poor children get the attention this case gets. Surely they have exhausted all options by now. Extremely sad but I think it's time to give this up.
Feel sorry for any kids you've got....just forget them would you ??
Find Ben Needham
And next weeks , suspect will be ?....
maybe when they are there they can look for some of the other children that are missing but seem to be forgotten by the politicians, the police, the media, or is it they are the children of ordinary working class people not doctors
Well said
Why would common burglars take a child? In fact why, if they are taking one child why wouldn't they take all three?
Borrrrrrrrrrrring, no more about mccanns please, you've done it to death, DM!!!
I wish they would stop using words like 'snatched'. There is NO evidence that child was abducted. Hell, there isn't even evidence the apartment was broken into. All they have is a missing child. When did she go missing????
Oh perllllleaaaassse, enough already
Gypies took her ? Funny no one has every reported seeing gypsies hanging around .
A month ago it was a dead black man. Last week it was Burglars. Yesterday it was Ocean Club employees. Today we are back to Gypsies. Does anyone actually believe any of this ?
I'm starting to think all these stories must be red herrings. A month ago they said they were after these burglars. Time for them to disappear if they still haven't got to them.
I thought that they were going to interview a cleaning team? Nice holiday junket though.
Here we go again,this will amount to nothing as usual
So it is back to the gypsies yet again! Why not go arrest somebody first and then come back and tell us.
If these 3 suspects phone data showed them to be in the vicinity so what . it was their place of work
Why aren't the McCanns paying for this out of the fund that set up one week after her disappearance?
Guyverjay, London, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
All together now: "Waste of time and waste of money" Try looking for the kids that went missing last year for a change!!
But was the place raided? We've never heard before that anything apart from Madeleine was taken.
Can someone please explain to us why police put any potential leads information into the public domain? Just go ahead and make an arrest / locate the child.
Another red herring.
surely this was thought of years ago, more spin created by media
And all this Media coverage drives them further away ands deeper under cover..........Did they not announce before Christmas that they were ready to arrest 3 people? ..............Oh........can't find them now?
Do gypsies stay in one place for seven years .i think there are a few policemen having a jolly at our expense .surely the Portuguese police must have looked at these possibilities
They are going to look like a complete bunch of idiots when they come up with nothing.
LOL
what ongoing ridiculous nonsense ,different theory every week for the last 7 yrs !
More speculation...newspapers say this...it was reported...we want facts!
Poor Madeleine. Why were all these avenues not investigated back in 2007? I fear it may be too late now. The poor little thing. I just hope she is ok wherever she is and if she is no longer with us, I hope she didn't suffer.
Why places like this resort had no 24 cctv and security officers with so many apartments is beyond belief it seems to casually run almost as if a crime would never happen there, and as people red arrow `i know the parents left her alone while they was 70 metres away`having dinner but cctv & security might have made it more difficult for her to disappear with out a trace.
Why is there so much focus on this case - there are hundreds of missing kids from the uk.
So undeniably sad in every which way :-(
This circus is just crazy. I do understand they want to find their daughter but why is this particular case turning into a black hole of tax payers money and police resources?
Why would burlars take a child? In fact why, if they are taking one child why wouldn't they take all three?
How decent of the police to wait seven years then announce their intentions and suspicions in a newspaper, not that I believe the story as our police never go anywhere near Traveller sites.
First it was people who cleaned the apartments, last week it was bungling burglars and now we are back to Gypsies again. These Officers are really trying to justify their stay at Praia at the taxpayers expense.
Didn't read the story.............................Yawn...
So many missed leads in this sad story
Please give it a rest! to rate
Me, Here should be working., 3 hours ago
These British police must think we are as daft as they are.
The targeting of Gypsies reminds me of the antisemitism back in the day. No matter what happens, it's always the gypsies fault. Every time there is a crime or a child missing they investigate a gypsy family or settlement and find that they didn't do anything. If EVERY TIME their prejudices are proven wrong then shouldn't that be a signal to just stop suspecting the gypsies of causing everything that goes wrong?
what's going on??,
All a bit late if you ask me...
Nobody is asking you... If it were your child would you give up after 7 years? They have found victims after 18 years . I pray maddie will be found safe and well.
why every week do we hear another story 'police to look in xyz for her' - they should have looked in all these places already!!
Bit late now isn't it? Also, why would burglars snatch a kid?
Just how much more of this rubbish must we endure?
Next they will be looking on the moon in case the Clangers know anything ...
hahahahahahahahaha more lets keep them interested so we can keep clocking up expenses and overtime and a gypsy site well now........
And this wasn't in their top ten list of places to search on day one?!
And why the tax payer is funding the seartch for the only british child to dissappear her parents are .....Were ho yea sat at home .....Isn't this 7 years too late? Surely it should have been searched when the poor little mite was taken!
Another excuse to vilify gypsies? Remember the case in Greece of the blond haired child - turned out to be false. More likely to be opportunist Portugease paedophile sadly.
Wouldn't it be amazing if she were found safe and well! to rate
Have they checked that this camp was there in 2007 and if it was, are the same people living there. Before they extended their winter sun break..
This is real quick...
These cops are only after making a name for themselves, they haven't got a flipping clue. to rate
How many children are missing in this country? They don't have any clues, just wasting time when could be used to save someone else! to rate
Police are usually to chicken to go onto Gypsy sites
All these plods will come back with is a nice suntan, Any more suspects i wonder then they can have a few more weeks in the sun.
Dear God I wish this child could be found safe.
Yet another red herring. There have never been any reports of gypsies seen near the apartment at the time. There seems to be a new theory every week. Does this mean that the police have ruled out the man in the e-fit shown on Crimewatch ?
They just seem to be grasping at straws!
Scotland Yard appear to be clutching at straws at the expense of the tax payer.
ReplyNew327Click to rate
For those that think its time this was put to bed ask yourself this .... "What if it was my child?"
Non-story.
Booooooooorrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnggggggggg
Why write about this ???. It is only building up everyones hopes, including the McCanns..But It must be 100% worse for them............................... I will get red arrowed a lot for this next bit , but I has to be said... What will happen if they find her? She will not recognise her parents or siblings, how will she adapt into her "new" life???. Or how will her parents deal with her, ???? .This is too sad to contemplate. .. far too many years have gone by for them all to live a "normal". life again.....
Its a pretty sad state of affairs when people ridicule the attempts to solve the disappearance of a young child, no matter how long ago it was or how flimsy some of the leads might be. Try and look at from the eyes of a child, taken away in the middle of the night, think about it.
ReplyNew3424Click to rate

There's a gypsy site only 15 minutes away and it wasn't checked out?????
I pray to dear jesus that one day Madeleine is found safe & well x
How did all this get missed to start with!?
So sad for all those poor little children who have had to suffer.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Have faith, the truth will come out. I pray she is out there somewhere.
I really hope that the police get Maddie back. To the people who critisize the cost or effort that the british police are putting in, how would you feel if this was your child
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 03.02.14 15:16

"I really hope that the police get Maddie back. To the people who critisize the cost or effort that the british police are putting in, how would you feel if this was your child"?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dunno.
I'd just ask the parents of all other 'missing' people who have NOT had the cost or effort, by the British Police, not 'put in' to finding their 'missing' family member.

I wonder how they 'feel' about that?

Millions of £££'s for Madeleine, NO ££'s for them!

You, ask THEM how they 'feel'!

ALL for 'one' and NONE for 'all'!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl 03.02.14 16:24

Hello all. 

New member. 

Wot a lot of claptrap this investigation is producing. I'm glad to find some sane people who haven't bought into it. I'd like to start a populist protest movement... 
We could produce a tshirt which says on the front 'I didn' t abduct Maddie' and on the back 'but I' d like to know why her parents refused to answer police questions.' Proceeds to a real missing kids foundation. 

Grumpy Al
CynicAl

Activity : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 03.02.14 16:37

CynicAl wrote:Hello all. 

New member. 

Wot a lot of claptrap this investigation is producing. I'm glad to find some sane people who haven't bought into it. I'd like to start a populist protest movement... 
We could produce a tshirt which says on the front 'I didn' t abduct Maddie' and on the back 'but I' d like to know why her parents refused to answer police questions.' Proceeds to a real missing kids foundation. 

Grumpy Al

Welcome!

I'd be all for that, but after the truth of the investigation is revealed. As far as I can tell, much of the press reports have either been made up by Clarence Mitchell, or made up the newspapers. I'd be happy to join protests against a white-wash, but the white-wash has to be known fact first or the protests seem ridiculous :)

Side note - Kate didn't answer the 48 questions indeed, but Gerry did answer his (albeit with a total crock, IMO).
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 03.02.14 16:38

New member. 

Grumpy Al

Or a T-shirt with "Where is Maddie?" on the front and on the back "Ask the Parents!"
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 03.02.14 16:43

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:

New member. 

Grumpy Al

Welcome!

I'd be all for that, but after the truth of the investigation is revealed.  As far as I can tell, much of the press reports have either been made up by Clarence Mitchell, or made up the newspapers.  I'd be happy to join protests against a white-wash, but the white-wash has to be known fact first or the protests seem ridiculous :)

Side note - Kate didn't answer the 48 questions indeed, but Gerry did answer his (albeit with a total crock, IMO).

Wash your mouth out!  laughat 

She DID answer ONE!

Q. (to KM) Are you aware that in not answering the questions you are jeopardising the investigation, which seeks to discover what happened to your daughter?

A. (from KM)  'YES, if that’s what the investigation thinks.'

So who 'jeopardised' the investigation more?

KM or GA (in McCanns 'opinion')?
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.02.14 18:08

Fred Up wrote:Altogether now...

"Gypsies, tramps and thieves. We hear it from the people of the town they took her...gypsies, tramps and thieves."

Here are two new versions of the song, courtesy of the Missing Madeleine forum, from last October when gypsies were in the news again.

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t24924-where-do-things-go-from-here

Last but one on page 1 and sixth on page 2.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 03.02.14 18:30

The comments at the Dm are so scathing! I went back to see if mine had been posted. 

there are quite a few messages saying 'why are the police being so incompetent? Etc. but mostly it's people saying it's spin and they don't believe it.   high5
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 03.02.14 22:21

jeanmonroe wrote:

New member. 

Grumpy Al

Or a T-shirt with "Where is Maddie?" on the front and on the back "Ask the Parents!"

And a variation on that, could have on the back: "Ask the Dogs (Sandra)!"
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.02.14 22:29

Here we go again here is the Daily Express front page tomorrow......

Maddie McCann detectives 'probe Portuguese gypsy site 15-minutes away from hotel where three year-old was snatched in 2007' BflSJBTCEAAuUu0
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 03.02.14 22:42

So we are now looking for a Deceased Black Gypsy Bus driver . .

Or have I not understood ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 03.02.14 22:58

Do pay attention, PeterMac!  The hunt is on for a deceased black or swarthy looking convicted burglar possibly of gypsy origin who was known to drive either a bus, white van, or motorbike.  The suspect may at one time have worked for MW and may have died due to complications arising from a severe case of acne. 

Got that? Are you on the same page now?   big grin
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top