The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

NOW, why would they do that? Mm11

NOW, why would they do that? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

NOW, why would they do that? Mm11

NOW, why would they do that? Regist10

NOW, why would they do that?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NOW, why would they do that? Empty NOW, why would they do that?

Post by jeanmonroe 11.01.14 16:13

Police confirm request of help over Madeleine McCann
Last updated Sat 11 Jan 2014

The Metropolitan Police have confirmed that a formal request for help in the Madeleine McCann case has been sent to Portuguese authorities.
In a statement made tonight, a police spokesperson said:

We can confirm that a second International Letter of Request (ILOR) has been sent to the Portuguese authorities by the Crown Prosecution Services this week (week commencing 6 January) in connection with Operation Grange.
--------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT is confusing me (not hard to do!) is:

WHY would the 'elitist' of BHH's 38 Met 'elite' Madeleine Cops team need to 'request' help from anyone?

Let alone 'help' from 'a bunch of sardine munching, imbecilic, bungling, corrupt, foreign morons'?

As the entire UK media, and vinegar breath Parsons, call the PJ, at every opportunity (almost daily)!.

jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

NOW, why would they do that? Empty Re: NOW, why would they do that?

Post by Guest 11.01.14 16:17

Jeanmonroe, you must have been reading up a bit on previous threads about procedures in international police work. Yes? So why do you ask this question? If it's a joke, it's going past me ... If it's serious, it actually escapes me too ...  sad 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 11.01.14 16:46

My post isn't aimed at SY.

I know all that LOR and CPS stuff.

Maybe i should 're-phrase'

What do the UK madia think of SY asking 'a bunch of sardine munching, imbecilic, bungling, corrupt, foreign morons' for help.

Parsons must be going apoplectic, musn't he?

What with, in his view, and the entire UK press, the UK police being soo much more professional than the PJ
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.01.14 17:02

Thank you for your reply. But it still escapes me as a reason for yet another thread.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 11.01.14 17:13

If you tell me where i can post to specifically 'rail against' the totally biased UK Media, you can delete my post.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.01.14 17:23

You must still be joking ...
I'll leave this thread for what it is.
Have a nice evening.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 11.01.14 19:56

I'm not sure Scotland Yard have criticized the McCanns, simply because most of these stories appear to come from the McCann media machine.

However, it is troubling that they have sent a second request for assistance. It suggests that there may be some truth in the rumours of a rift between SY and the PJ and that they are indeed following different lines of enquiry.

I am trying to imagine what assistance they might need. Logically, it could involve their interviewing Portuguese citizens, or ex-pats, although I do not see how they could have specific witnesses, if they have not received any assistance thus far. Going along with the madness - the 3 burglars - we have to wonder what they did with Madeleine, having returned with a child rather than a TV or a credit card. Burglars are usually petty criminals, that is, if there is a criminal hierarchy in the underworld, they are going to be pretty near the bottom, and their family and social groups will be similarly uneducated and living on the edges of society.

Their chances of selling the child on to criminals higher up the ladder would be remote, if not impossible. This was clearly a burglary gone wrong and Madeleine was by the following morning the most publicised missing child in the world - complete with a distinctive eye that meant she could never again be seen in public. A paedophile gang is even less likely, again, why risk involvement in case that would almost certainly see them strung up by their genitals if caught.

Sadly, the burglar scenario would mean certain death for Madeleine. However, there leaves a situation where at least 3 petty thieves are directly involved in the biggest kidnapping case in the world. A case that at one time offered (very quietly) a reward of £2.5m. Would people from this criminal background be able to keep such an unholy secret for 7 years?

What concerns me at this moment is the rift between SY and the PJ. I'm not sure if it is real, or all part of the subterfuge I am hoping is going on. The McCanns would be more co-operative if they believed that SY are on their side. and if SY change tack the McCanns could do the same as they did when they fled Portugual, and insist that all questions are put to them through their lawyers.

If that is not the case and SY are intent on clearing the McCanns, then the rift is a good thing. It shows that Portugal are not going to be part of it. Indeed, their re-opening of the original investigation is a positive sign, as too is their televised reconstruction and the amazing commentary that was recently posted on here (we must bump it). The McCanns will never achieve the clean slate they so desperately want. The Pope didn't make them look innocent, nor will SY, the evidence is all over the internet, and sure as eggs is eggs someone within that group will crack, and that fear will never go away, for any of them.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.01.14 20:06

"However, it is troubling that they have sent a second request for assistance. "
No, I don't think so.
There IS IMO a good and organised collaboration between the nations [at least within the E.C.]. However, their functioning is defined in law and rules and regulations. [As they should be ... but maybe with a bit more flexability .... ]. So, things which are of importance now, but were not included in the first request, have to be requested separately. Don't worry. I don't ....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 11.01.14 20:45

Is this just a case of the media trying to put across the theory that NSY have identified a number a suspects who may have "abducted" Madeleine, but despite all their hard work they cannot move on or make arrests because they need the assistance of the Portuguese police who are un-willing to co-operate?

In other words, are they trying to convince the public that Madeleines "abductor" may have been identified but made the excuse that NSY cannot proceed further due to lack of co-operation from the PJ?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11199

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 11.01.14 20:47

sharonl wrote:Is this just a case of the media trying to put across the theory that NSY have identified a number a suspects who may have "abducted" Madeleine, but despite all their hard work they cannot move on or make arrests because they need the assistance of the Portuguese police who are un-willing to co-operate?

In other words, are they trying to convince the public that Madeleines abductor may have been identified but NSY cannot proceed further due to lack of co-operation from the PJ?
 agree

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.01.14 20:49

Smokeandmirrors wrote:
sharonl wrote:Is this just a case of the media trying to put across the theory that NSY have identified a number a suspects who may have "abducted" Madeleine, but despite all their hard work they cannot move on or make arrests because they need the assistance of the Portuguese police who are un-willing to co-operate?

In other words, are they trying to convince the public that Madeleines abductor may have been identified but NSY cannot proceed further due to lack of co-operation from the PJ?
 agree
IMO: NO.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Five Star 11.01.14 20:58

Some help?

Not long after Gerry talked to Jez there was hardly any evidence found in the flat of Maddie's existence or presence!!

Humans loose around 70 hairs per day = she was only in that bed once or not at all    .... IMO
Five Star
Five Star

Activity : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 11.01.14 21:30

Five Star wrote:Some help?

Not long after Gerry talked to Jez there was hardly any evidence found in the flat of Maddie's existence or presence!!

Humans loose around 70 hairs per day = she was only in that bed once or not at all    .... IMO

I agree

Ask yourself why the McCanns stopped going out as a family after day 1.  Breakfast in the apartment from day 2.  Kate and Gerry leaving the apartment by different doors, very odd behaviour IMO. Do we have any credible evidence of all 5 McCanns being seen together after day 1?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11199

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 11.01.14 21:38

Do we know if these letters requesting assistance are specific to a particular task or request? I ask only because perhaps they have to detail a specific instance of something SY wants assistance with, rather than a blanket request for assistance. Perhaps the first letter detailed one particular thing they wanted assistance with (and perhaps subsequently received), and this second letter details a new particular thing they want assistance with. A possibility?
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 11.01.14 22:12

Apparently, Andy Redwood meets once a month with a contact leading the team in Portugal so I'd think they'd have ample opportunity to discuss such requests and can't understand why SY would inform the media of these requests.

Around 40 seconds in.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.01.14 22:13

If the PJ had agreed to the joint investigation request from SY as originally proposed in November, there would be no need for further letters for assistance.

"He said a new "formal arrangement" would allow "officers from each country to work in the other country - it gives them powers associated with that and it's an efficient way of doing it".

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers 11.01.14 23:53

I was taught, and am a great believer in, one letter one subject. As soon as you cover two subjects in the same letter the correspondence becomes confused. So simple as that - there is a second letter because it is about another subject.
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 12.01.14 0:01

roy rovers wrote:I was taught, and am a great believer in, one letter one subject. As soon as you cover two subjects in the same letter the correspondence becomes confused. So simple as that - there is a second letter because it is about another subject.

That makes sense to me.

What could be the different subjects I wonder?
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Five Star 12.01.14 1:37

& why fumble with a curtain and patio door when you could SAFLEY leave the front door open?  ...also it's easier for a kid to get out the patio doors, snib being higher up on the front door and all that!   .....  banghead
Five Star
Five Star

Activity : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 12.01.14 1:38

In other words, are they trying to convince the public that Madeleines "abductor" may have been identified but made the excuse that NSY cannot proceed further due to lack of co-operation from the PJ?

It really looks that way, isn't it?

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 12.01.14 13:27

A case that at one time offered (very quietly) a reward of £2.5m. Would people from this criminal background be able to keep such an unholy secret for 7 years?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why would these 'criminals' keep all this secret for 7 years when they could have kept the 'prize' totally safe (for a few weeks until a reward was availible) and claim the £2.6 million 'reward' by just presenting MBM to a police station saying we found this child wandering about in our small village?
"We have never seen her before, it looks like somebody must have 'dumped her', in our village, overnight"

£2.6 million for a few weeks 'work' seems pretty easy money, dosen't it?

A multi-million pound reward for information leading to the safe return of Madeleine McCann, the British girl who went missing in Portugal 10 days ago, was offered yesterday by a group of leading business figures as her parents spoke of the devastation wreaked by her abduction.
The entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson, the impresario Bill Kenwright and retail tycoon Sir Philip Green were revealed as backers of a £1.5m reward announced by the News of the World newspaper. It means the total reward now on offer stands at a record £2.6m after a businessman and a family friend pledged a total of £1.1m last week.

So, just for the 'safe return of Madeleine McCann' these small time 'burglars' could have gotten £2.6 million!

Seems very, very weird then, that these 'child snatching' burglars didn't do just that, citing the 'we found her in our village 'story'!

Hmmm.

jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 12.01.14 13:43

jean, you should be sitting in AR's office as critical friend. And at some juncture you should be be applying for the top job. Just imagine..... jean-hyphen-monroe.  clapping
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 12.01.14 17:07

Sadly there is n o longer a reward.

The NOTW went bosoms up so their reward went bosoms up with them, the million or so offered by a family friend if it still exists will likely be based on her safe return and since she is long dead, the small print will ensure it isn't paid out.

What is noticeable is the mccanns and chums have never offered a reward from themselves unlike families in similar situations ( who didn't abduct/kill their missing loved one)

All donations ahve insted been directed to the fund rarther than a reward, the clauses in the fund ensure that no child will ever receive anything from the fund due to the wonderful clause about support for the family.

Since the mccanns will not stop requiring support from the fund, assuming there is anything left after all the legal fees and compensation has been paid out, ( unless thery are jailed , in which case it would go to support the twins as they are still family, college and uni fees, house deposit, cars etc)
Their objectives are:

The full objects of the Fund are:

To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on Thursday 3rd May 2007;

To procure that Madeleine's abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to justice; and

To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family

If the above objects are fulfilled then the objects of the Foundation shall be to pursue such purposes in similar cases arising in the United Kingdom, Portugal or elsewhere.

To secure the safe return of Madeleine. << Nope not gonna happen she is long dead so that's the end of their claim to have the money used to help pther children.

To procure that Madeleine's abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to justice;

Since there was no abduction this statement falls at the first hurdle so again the money is going to be used to help other children
I also doubt the fund will be used against kate , gerry and chums since they played a part in her 'abduction' A parent can 'abduct' their own child.

and finally

To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family.

Since this is, and will continue to be an ongoing concern again the fund can never be fulfilled thus negating the final part

If the above objects are fulfilled then the objects of the Foundation shall be to pursue such purposes in similar cases arising in the United Kingdom, Portugal or elsewhere

nice words which mean completely nothing

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum