The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Ruth Margaret McCann Mm11

Ruth Margaret McCann Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Ruth Margaret McCann Mm11

Ruth Margaret McCann Regist10

Ruth Margaret McCann

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ruth Margaret McCann Empty Ruth Margaret McCann

Post by chillyheat 20.11.13 1:29

The apartment where the McCanns stayed in the Algarve belongs to a... McCann
Strange coincidence

The house where the McCanns stayed in Praia da Luz, Lagos, belongs to a woman who is also called McCann, and not to the Ocean Club. When confronted with the possibility that this is a relative of Maddie's parents, Clarence Mitchell, the spokesman for the parents, denied the fact, saying it's "a strange and remarkable coincidence".

Fraction A, allotment 5, located at Rua Dr. Agostinho Silva, Urbanização Montes da Luz, Praia da Luz, is registered under matrix 3666. In 2001, the residence was bought by a sort of society that was composed of Daniel John Aldred, Michael William McCann, his daughter (from a first marriage) Donna Michelle Aldred, and his wife, Ruth Margaret McCann.

Michael McCann, who was born in Devonport, Plymouth, was a widower when he married Ruth Margaret Pittaway, who is presently 53 years old, also a widow, in 1987. In 2005, Michael and Ruth decided to buy the Aldred's part, and remained with 50% of the apartment each.

Later, in July 2006, Michael McCann died in Liverpool, and in November of the same year, Ruth McCann inherited her partner's part, and remained as sole proprietor of the apartment.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As for the Plymouth stuff – it could be either a coincidence or just extended family stuff. Gerry said he wasn’t related to Ruth McCann – which may be true – but then again Ruth McCann (from the Liverpool area) only married her husband in later life. Her husband, Michael McCann brought up his daughter (now Donna Aldred, nee McCann) in Plymouth – and she was schooled at a nearby convent.

This was with his first wife. he married Ruth – his second wife – very late in life. He died several years ago. Donna is in her early 40s. Apartment 5A was actually her and her husband’s apartment. She sold it to Ruth McCann – her stepmother a year or two before Madeleine went missing. Like Rachel Oldfield, Donna went to college in Cardiff.

Shaping up more like a scam, really. Or they simply didn’t want to drag Ruth and Donna McCann into all this – so denied their extended relationship.

Lets see if we can find out if they are related somehow....
chillyheat

Activity : 884

Back to top Go down

Ruth Margaret McCann Empty Re: Ruth Margaret McCann

Post by Lance De Boils 20.11.13 9:00

They're not, as far as I could figure out. I spent a while looking at this before and couldn't find a connection.

(Happy to be proved wrong, though... )
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 20.11.13 9:03

....... Ruth McCann (from the Liverpool area)......
But since Gerry McCann is from Glasgow, I am more inclined to believe that it is just a coincidence. My phone book has half a page of McCann's - are they all related to Gerry? I doubt it. I just think it's a not uncommon Irish name.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.11.13 9:17

Miraflores wrote:
But since Gerry McCann is from Glasgow, I am more inclined to believe that it is just a coincidence. My phone book has half a page of McCann's - are they all related to Gerry? I doubt it. I just think it's a not uncommon Irish name.
Wasn't there another coincidental McCann too? Kate's father's GP, or something like that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MissDaisy 20.11.13 9:34

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Miraflores wrote:
Wasn't there another coincidental McCann too? Kate's father's GP, or something like that.
I think it was his local pharmacist.
MissDaisy

Activity : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.11.13 10:19

It's a very common Irish / Scottish name; out of the myriad of coincidences surrounding the case, I do think that this one is genuine.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Research_Reader 20.11.13 10:36

Maybe the owners of the house and the apartment are related though? That would lessen the co-incidence a bit.

I wonder what happened to the value of the apartment? 

Also, incidentally, I wonder if the Ocean Club really suffered in bookings since? Imagine if you booked a holiday there without realising, then you were sitting around the pool or the tappas bar and it suddenly hit you! What a creepy and uncanny feeling that would be!
Research_Reader
Research_Reader

Activity : 326

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 20.11.13 12:36

I remember on 3As Brunty had looked into this apparently and said that there was no connection.
ETA - just another coincidence.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 20.11.13 13:57

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Miraflores wrote:
Then there was the Nanny named Pauline McCann (nationality - Scottish) who arrived in PDL 29th April.  Again, no connection though as far as I'm aware.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 20.11.13 14:56

Daisy wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Miraflores wrote:
Then there was the Nanny named Pauline McCann (nationality - Scottish) who arrived in PDL 29th April.  Again, no connection though as far as I'm aware.

I have a Pauline Frances McCann from Londonderry on 192 in 2002, not sure if its her. But here, yet again another 29th April arrival......
chillyheat

Activity : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 20.11.13 15:03

ChillyHeat wrote:
Daisy wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Miraflores wrote:

I have a Pauline Frances McCann from Londonderry on 192 in 2002, not sure if its her. But here, yet again another 29th April arrival......
That's the same one if I remember correctly.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by Shhh 02.06.14 21:00

Sorry to drag this up.

Was Ruth mccann ever interviewed? I don't recall seeing her statement in the files
Shhh

Activity : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.06.14 22:08

Shhh wrote:Sorry to drag this up.

Was Ruth mccann ever interviewed? I don't recall seeing her statement in the files
Me neither. She's the owner of the apartment and NOT related to Doctors McCann.

ETA IIRC she had a hard time to sell her property [5A] at a reasonable price.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.06.14 23:16

"registered under matrix 3666"

If all this were a horror mystery thriller, I'd feel it is a bit over the top.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.06.14 7:47

Would it be usual to interview the owner of a suspected crime scene if they lived in another country and were not connected to the events or people involved?

As far as I know, she has not yet sold the apartment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Shhh 03.06.14 9:20

Considering it was her apartment you'd think they'd interview her if only to ask if anyone ever died in there when she was using it or bled
Shhh

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 03.06.14 9:50

As far as I can remember, Snr Amaral has said there were no records of any previous deaths in the apartment.  Whether this included talking to R McCann directly it is not stated, but I would be confident it was investigated to a point where they were satisfied.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Shhh 03.06.14 11:21

Thanks
Shhh

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum