The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 10 Mm11

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 10 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 10 Mm11

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 10 Regist10

Robert Murat Revisited

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 10 Empty Re: Robert Murat Revisited

Post by missbeetle 04.07.14 10:38

FrankS wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
missbeetle wrote:Hi Tony - would you mind please expanding on your statement that Robert Murat lived in Canada as a boy?

Missbeetle, have you seen the movie The Usual Suspects?

Obviously in this version of the tale "Canada" was one of the words on the pinboard.
Haha - Brilliant.

Many years ago, in a far-off disintegrating land I watched this film.

I must watch it again.
missbeetle
missbeetle

Activity : 1093

Back to top Go down

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 10 Empty Murat's father at Bradfield College

Post by Tony Bennett 07.07.14 10:56

Murat's father, John Henry Queriol Murat, at Bradfield College (private school) (1938 - 1939):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 10 Empty Robert Murat's father

Post by missbeetle 08.07.14 6:12

Tony Bennett wrote:Murat's father, John Henry Queriol Murat, at Bradfield College (private school) (1938 - 1939):

I take it this is a boarding school within the outskirts of London?

He attended this just before the outbreak of World War II.

How does this fit in with his time in Canada with his young family?
missbeetle
missbeetle

Back to top Go down

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 10 Empty Re: Robert Murat Revisited

Post by Tony Bennett 08.07.14 7:34

missbeetle wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />(clipped from Tony's post on page 7 of this thread)

I never knew Robert Murat had lived in Canada as a child.
I have checked back to my article and re-checked Robert Murat's statement to the police when first questioned.

He says that when he was two weeks old his parents moved to Portugal, not Canada.

It looks like I made a simple mistake when I created the article by typing 'Canada', so I apologise for causing the confusion

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 10 Empty The Canadian connection...

Post by missbeetle 08.07.14 8:12

Thank you for clarifying that error, Tony.

I must admit it got me going on a whole new train of thinking.

Odd that Robert Murat can't remember where he started school.
missbeetle
missbeetle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 11.07.14 13:47

Short clip of a recent interview with Robert Murat.

Listen @ 1.36........bit of a stumble.....'I didn't.....didn't what?...
Hicks
Hicks

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.07.14 13:56

He looks like a cross between Rolf Harris and Gordon Brown!

He says: "Of course I didn't...I'm not, my child isn't missing...." and then that he's still affected by it anyway.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 11.07.14 14:39

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:He looks like a cross between Rolf Harris and Gordon Brown!

He says: "Of course I didn't...I'm not, my child isn't missing...." and then that he's still affected by it anyway.  

Lol! That was my thought.....he's morphing into Rolf Harris!

Could he have corrected himself before he said......'I didn't kill her'? Thus dropping himself in it for knowing that she was dead?

I don't believe he was in any way responsible for her disappearance but imo he helped out.
Hicks
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 18.07.14 12:38

Hicks wrote:Short clip of a recent interview with Robert Murat.

Thanks Hicks,

He doesn't look like someone who's worried about the truth coming out. (Principally what happened to MM)  Anything else seems incidental now, no matter what it was in the past, eg unsuitable material on computers, 'access to somewhere' he didn't know about or know at the time the real reason
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 28.07.14 12:00

sar wrote:

Thanks Hicks,

He doesn't look like someone who's worried about the truth coming out. (Principally what happened to MM)  Anything else seems incidental now, no matter what it was in the past, eg unsuitable material on computers, 'access to somewhere' he didn't know about or know at the time the real reason
Just reading this article in Express regarding Murat:

He actually does not sound worried about truth coming out. He comes across as genuine but maybe just a good actor .... or genuinely was not a big part of what happened. What he says sounds natural unLike the members of the TAPAS 9. Cant make up my mind about him at all...
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 28.07.14 17:33

HelenMeg wrote:
sar wrote:

Thanks Hicks,

He actually does not sound worried about truth coming out. He comes across as genuine but maybe just a good actor .... or genuinely was not a big part of what happened. What he says sounds natural unLike the members of the TAPAS 9. Cant make up my mind about him at all...
When thinking about Robert Murat I try to read reports about him just after the event. Witnesses say things like.. 'he was sweaty, nervous', smoking a lot. His behaviour certainly aroused suspicion at the time. 

Perhaps like the McCann's he feels safe in the knowledge that he also has protection.

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 28.07.14 17:36

Hicks wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:
sar wrote:

Thanks Hicks,

When thinking about Robert Murat I try to read reports about him just after the event. Witnesses say things like.. 'he was sweaty, nervous', smoking a lot. His behaviour certainly aroused suspicion at the time. 

Perhaps like the McCann's he feels safe in the knowledge that he also has protection.
Yes at times they have all appeared nervous/ defensive / angry / defiant  and then flipped to smirks.... safe in the knowledge of protection.
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by Research_Reader 28.07.14 17:41

Like an as yet undiscovered planet that is exerting a hidden gravitational force on the other planets, there is some additional element to this event that we don't know about. Its this element that would account for the involvement of the government and powerful individuals helping the Mccanns. I don't believe it was all a matter of being well connected and then riding a wave of positive PR. Theres something else we're missing. 
Research_Reader
Research_Reader

Activity : 326

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 28.07.14 17:57

Research_Reader wrote:Like an as yet undiscovered planet that is exerting a hidden gravitational force on the other planets, there is some additional element to this event that we don't know about. Its this element that would account for the involvement of the government and powerful individuals helping the Mccanns. I don't believe it was all a matter of being well connected and then riding a wave of positive PR. Theres something else we're missing. 
Thats an excellent analogy. The Higgs Boson type of thing.... yes we are searching for that unknown element which will make everything fall into place.  The one that, as you say, accounts for governent interference. Although I dont believe it is the Mc Canns being assisted - it is the VIP / VIPs who were also present that week that are being assisted.
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 28.07.14 23:01

Agreed. There must be person/s unknown as yet who are central to this whole mystery as I can't believe two negligent doctors would receive such treatment.

There is perhaps that link to the then Labour party between one of Kate's friends( is it Jill Renwick?) the one who lives in the same St as Andrew Brown( Gordon's brother). Didn't she go and knock on his door and ask for help? Or was that a crafty lie to get the Browns innocently into this story?

There were, and still are unsavoury rumours circulating concerning the then Labour party under Blair/Brown.  Perhaps the McCann's had intimate knowledge of such things.

In an article about the McCann's reported in the Guardian on 2nd June 2007, it states that...' Gordon Brown, while campaigning to become the Labour leader, has worn a Yellow ribbon to show solidarity with the McCann's, many of his colleagues did the same'....how sweet! Even more extraordinary showing such support when you consider that it was the British Police who apparently developed the evidence against the McCann's.
Remember Alexander Wykeham Ellis and his warning to the US Ambassador as revealed by Wiki Leaks? To keep comments( concerning the McCann's)....' behind closed doors'? Perhaps GB was just to busy campaigning to grasp the situation! 

Jill Renwick on being asked to describe Madeleine........' she's gorgeous. She has white blonde hair, she is active, chatty and intelligent, not shy. She is four next week and starts school this year'.
Another person in the McCann's lives who have to comment on Madeleine's looks first. Madeleine did not have white blonde hair, so I wonder if Jill Renwick knew her that well, or maybe not at all.

Back to top Go down

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 10 Empty Description of Madeleine...

Post by missbeetle 28.07.14 23:13

Jill Renwick sounds like she is reading the advertising description on a box containing some sort of doll...

Scripted, to my ears.

missbeetle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 28.07.14 23:32

Yes, that is exactly it, scripted.
Jill must feel pretty foolish now after constantly telling everyone at the time that the shutters to the bedroom were 'smashed open'.

Jill has twins as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 05.08.14 0:38

Sorry if this has been posted before, but the thread is too long to go through all the pages.

Silvia Batista saw RM outside 5A on the evening MBM disappeared :-

"She's here as a witness. She is responsible for maintenance in the Ocean Club Resort located in Praia da Luz - Lagos. Because of her profession she knows many people of the English community, who live in Praia da Luz.
She knows the Murat (sic !) family, who has been there for about 30 years. In particular Mr. Murat and his wife Jenny. Mr. Murat was linked to building business and development of tourism enterprises, in Salema in her opinion. Mr. Murat died some years ago.
The Murat live in a house named "casa Liliana", near the Ocean Club.
Asked, she said not to remember whether the Murats have any child.

Asked, she said that on the night when Madeleine McCain (sic...) disappeared (03-05-2007), she was called by her boss, at about at 22:30. As she lives in Lagos she arrived shortly after at the resort. Close to the apartment A-5 of the OC there were already about 60 people to look for the girl.
She remembers, although she is not absolutely certain, given the time already elapsed, that an individual of about 1,70m, short light brown hair, with thin framed and light brown glasses, wanted from the start to help finding the child Madeleine McCann.
She doesn't remember at what time she saw him.
She doesn't remember how he was dressed up.
She doesn't remember who was with him, whether he came walking or in some vehicle.
That same individual, she was told later, is the son of Morat, his first name is ROBERT.
Robert speaks fluently English and Portuguese. He helped the GNR of Lagos and later the PJ, translating the testimony of some British persons.
She admits as possible that Paul and June of the bar "Duke of Holland" and Mr. Byron of the firm JNB (management of properties in PDL) should be able to confirm if Robert Murat was there when Madeleine disappeared, and eventually other details.
She states that she spoke for the first time with Robert on Saturday (05-05-2007) or Sunday (06-05-2007) or may be on Monday (07-05-2007), during the breaks between the interviews in which he participated as a translator.
She describes him as a very sympathetic and direct guy. RM was very communicative and extrovert during the conversations they had together. He didn't mention any personal subject.
She ratified and will sign...............................  "

Goodness knows why Paul and June of the Duke of Holland and a Mr. Byron of JNB Properties would be able to confirm if RM was there !
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 05.08.14 9:25

Research_Reader wrote:Like an as yet undiscovered planet that is exerting a hidden gravitational force on the other planets, there is some additional element to this event that we don't know about. Its this element that would account for the involvement of the government and powerful individuals helping the Mccanns. I don't believe it was all a matter of being well connected and then riding a wave of positive PR. Theres something else we're missing. 
Do we know if Gerry had any vital information about nuclear at the time?
NickE
NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by Research_Reader 05.08.14 9:32

NickE wrote:
Do we know if Gerry had any vital information about nuclear at the time?

I don't know. I have read that he was involved with a nuclear company, and a research project that was trying to show there were no links between nuclear power stations and child cancer. (I hope I've got that right, I don't have the reference to hand).
Research_Reader
Research_Reader

Activity : 326

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 05.08.14 12:49

Hicks wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:He looks like a cross between Rolf Harris and Gordon Brown!

Lol! That was my thought.....he's morphing into Rolf Harris!

Could he have corrected himself before he said......'I didn't kill her'? Thus dropping himself in it for knowing that she was dead?

I don't believe he was in any way responsible for her disappearance but imo he helped out.
His stumbling over words is to be expected imo Hicks.  The McCanns are probably the most litigious couple ever to strut the world stage, and for 7 years they have been reminding us that they have lawyers watching everything that is said about them.

I don't think there is any way that Robert Murat would have helped with the cover up and then accepted all the blame himself without spilling the beans.  The idea is absurd.  In what circumstances would a man accept a child murder rap on behalf of someone else? If RM had any involvement whatsoever, he would have told the police long, long ago, rather than leave that malevolent question mark hanging over his own head. 

As for saying 'I didn't kill her'. Those would be the charges he would face, its only the McCanns going with the live child myth. He is catastrophizing, looking at the worse case scenario for himself, and you can't get worse than child murder.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 05.08.14 13:17

Has anything about Murat ever been whooshed? 
Sometimes it's useful to look at stuff that was not given easily, like the Gaspars statements and the smiths. I'd like to know what happened to them. Things that are whooshed and not spoke about is more likely to be closer to part of the truth IMO
Ofcourse I didn't take maddie, my child isn't missing. That's my opinion, his child isn't missing, so he doesn't need another.

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 05.08.14 16:21

Why would this man come forward and give a statement like this to the PJ? 

I think its interesting that this man said....Murat's mother always covered for him.

The PJ had an anonymous phone call from a female ( Portuguese) who wanted to alert the PJ to Murat, and his deviant behaviour.

I know the above doesn't prove that Murat had anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance, but it paints a completely different picture to the one that's put across by Murat himself, and his mother.

I've often wondered if Jennifer Murat suspected her son. To set up a stall and gather info seems a pretty strange thing to do imo. There is a video where she talks about the locals maybe not wanting to talk to the police.(why wouldn't they?)  She goes on to say that if anyone has info they can write it down on paper and she will hand it to the PJ. Umm Odd. 

Why would Murat get involved?  MONEY!. As PeterMac would say...'just follow the money'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 05.08.14 18:23

Hicks wrote:Why would this man come forward and give a statement like this to the PJ? 

I think its interesting that this man said....Murat's mother always covered for him.

The PJ had an anonymous phone call from a female ( Portuguese) who wanted to alert the PJ to Murat, and his deviant behaviour.

I know the above doesn't prove that Murat had anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance, but it paints a completely different picture to the one that's put across by Murat himself, and his mother.

I've often wondered if Jennifer Murat suspected her son. To set up a stall and gather info seems a pretty strange thing to do imo. There is a video where she talks about the locals maybe not wanting to talk to the police.(why wouldn't they?)  She goes on to say that if anyone has info they can write it down on paper and she will hand it to the PJ. Umm Odd. 

Why would Murat get involved?  MONEY!. As PeterMac would say...'just follow the money'.
I would like to read other character witnesses for RM before reaching conclusions Hicks.  In cases such as these it is common for old enemies to come out of the woodwork, so unless it is a consistent line through all the people who know him, we don't know if that is a true picture. 

If Murat were in any way involved it would be because of the psychopathy inferred in the above statement, not for money.  The problem is the lone, psychopathic stalker profile does not fit Murat's personality.  He is a Mr. Fix It, everyone knows him.  Far from being shy, reserved and solitary, he volunteered his language skills and local knowledge of without a moment's hesitation.  He therefore has no problems with ego and confidence. 

As for his mother's opening a stall, I think the Murats, like the rest of the community responded to the tragedy that occurred within their midst.  In the case of Robert and his mother, they were fellow 'Brits', on the spot offering assistance to the troubled group.  I don't think they would have if they

I know Lori Campbell cited the Soham case and the behaviour of Ian Huntley, but he was an entirely different kettle of fish.  RM was an estate agent an occupation that requires people skills, that is, he has an outgoing sociable personality, Huntley was the opposite. 

As for Murat doing it for money, for what purpose?  What good would money be to him if he was facing years in prison on child murder charges?  No amount of money can protect a child killer in prison.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 05.08.14 22:35

Imo i wouldn't trust Murat as far has i could throw him.He made Millions from Madeleine and kept it all for himself.. I wonder what happened to the book his mum was writing.
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top