The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

smithman - SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 10 Mm11

smithman - SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 10 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

smithman - SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 10 Mm11

smithman - SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 10 Regist10

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why are there 17 similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

smithman - SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 10 Vote_lcap3%smithman - SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 10 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 7 ]
smithman - SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 10 Vote_lcap2%smithman - SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 10 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 5 ]
smithman - SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 10 Vote_lcap38%smithman - SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 10 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 91 ]
smithman - SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 10 Vote_lcap57%smithman - SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 10 Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 136 ]

Total Votes : 239

smithman - SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 10 Empty Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by cassius 06.06.14 0:26

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
cassius wrote:
Still can,t see why you say KM  screams in 5a when she comes across MBM.Mrs Fenn would have mentioned it if it had happened in the flat below her.

Who knows?  My mother isn't as old as Mrs Fenn was back then* but she can sleep through anything. (*Yeah, I know she has sadly passed away since.)

It's my opinion cassius, I'm not here to convince anyone else.

More important to me is that Gerry disappeared off the radar for a significant amount of time, and could have been missing at the time of the Smith sighting.
Indeed.Fwiw for me GM is Smithman.
cassius

Activity : 84

Back to top Go down

smithman - SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 10 Empty Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by Guest 06.06.14 0:30

@whatliesbehindthesofa 

Of course I think you're right that the alarm had already been raised before the famous 10 pmish moment. What I don't understand from your theory, and it's late is my easy excuse, this scream heard by the waiter, are you suggesting Kate found Madeleine dead after the actual raising of the alarm?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 06.06.14 0:43

MarcoG wrote:@whatliesbehindthesofa 

Of course I think you're right that the alarm had already been raised before the famous 10 pmish moment. What I don't understand from your theory, and it's late is my easy excuse, this scream heard by the waiter, are you suggesting Kate found Madeleine dead after the actual raising of the alarm?

It's more that I consider it a possibility rather than a theory that I prefer to the exclusion of all others.  In the absence of further evidence I've accepted not knowing what happened that evening :)

I recognize the possibility that Kate discovered that Madeleine was missing, the alert was raised and searches began, and then she found her dead body behind the sofa, provoking her to scream as described by Salcedas.  As cassius rightly points out, the weakness in this is that Mrs Fenn did not describe a scream.  However, Salcedas did, but we don't know from where he heard the scream.  I only suggest that it may have been in 5A because the dogs detected behind the sofa, which seems an unusual place to temporarily keep the body.  As Amaral said in his documentary, "as a policeman this must be the place of death", although I'm paraphrasing there as I'm writing that purely from memory.  It is entirely correct that we need to explain why Mrs Fenn did not hear the scream.  There is the possibility that the scream originated from another location - but this must have been some distance from 5A.  Or the possibility that I suggested, that like my own mother is wont to do at the drop of a hat, Mrs Fenn may have been asleep.

For me it would explain how someone could take the risk of carrying a dead body through the streets.  It creates urgency and the requirement for a instant decision - hide the body, or be discovered, as a public search had already begun.  As to why the body had to be hidden, there is no evidence to indicate this, except in my opinion that both twins appear to have been sedated, so there is the possibility that Madeleine also was sedated.

All of the above, obviously my opinion only, and I'm not discounting any of the 'death before the 3rd' theories.  They're all possible.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.06.14 0:59

MarcoG wrote:@whatliesbehindthesofa 

It's more that I consider it a possibility rather than a theory that I prefer to the exclusion of all others.  In the absence of further evidence I've accepted not knowing what happened that evening :)

I recognize the possibility that Kate discovered that Madeleine was missing, the alert was raised and searches began, and then she found her dead body behind the sofa, provoking her to scream as described by Salcedas.  As cassius rightly points out, the weakness in this is that Mrs Fenn did not describe a scream.  However, Salcedas did, but we don't know from where he heard the scream.  I only suggest that it may have been in 5A because the dogs detected behind the sofa, which seems an unusual place to temporarily keep the body.  As Amaral said in his documentary, "as a policeman this must be the place of death", although I'm paraphrasing there as I'm writing that purely from memory.  It is entirely correct that we need to explain why Mrs Fenn did not hear the scream.  There is the possibility that the scream originated from another location - but this must have been some distance from 5A.  Or the possibility that I suggested, that like my own mother is wont to do at a drop of a hat, Mrs Fenn may have been asleep.

For me it would explain how someone could take the risk of carrying a dead body through the streets.  It creates urgency and the requirement for a instant decision - hide the body, or be discovered, as a public search had already begun.  As to why the body had to be hidden, there is no evidence to indicate this, except in my opinion that both twins appear to have been sedated, so there is the possibility that Madeleine also was sedated.

All of the above, obviously my opinion only, and I'm not discounting any of the 'death before the 3rd' theories.  They're all possible.
Interesting and original thought, though not necessarily your theory. I've never thought of that possibility before, thinking like that makes the alarm of the disappearance possible as a genuine one, and all that followed an adrenaline-fueled charade.*

I have lots of buts, but too late at night now, thanks for elaborating.

*All speculation on my part, fantasy, fiction, purporting stuff undsoweiter please don't sue me carteruk.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.06.14 13:15

Tony Bennett wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:I'm tuning in late and haven't read the complete thread, but ... what kind of question is that to hold a poll ...?

without the possibility to vote, that there are no 17 similarities?

I've been doing a lot of questionnaires and derived statistics from it. This poll reminds me of the very old joke we had about a question: "if yes, why not?"
Chatelaine, your point is well made, but, as the poll creator, here is your opportunity.

Here is my original list of similarities:

1. An unaccompanied male
2. Carrying a child and having no push-chair
3. The child was blonde
4. The child was a girl
5. The child was barefoot
6. The child was wearing light-coloured/pink pyjamas
7. She looked about four years old
8. She was being held on the man’s left side
9. She didn’t have a blanket or other covering
10. The men did not look like tourists
11. They were wearing a dark jacket
12. They were wearing light-coloured trousers
13. They were both about 1.75m to 1.8m tall (5’ 9” – 5’ 10”)
14. They were both aged 35-40
15. They were of average build
16. They were spotted within 600 yards of each other
17. In neither case could the man’s face be seen.

I fully accept the challenge and I would be very pleased if you could be as robust as you wish and tell me which ones of the 17 are NOT similar as between Tannerman and Smithman = thanks very much
Chatelaine, I hope you might find time today to answer my point above in bold.

I took great care, looking at all the Jane Tanner statements and then those of the three Smiths, to list all the 17 similarities, and if you think even one of them is incorrect, I would like to know from you, and have the opportunity then of responding to you. Many thanks

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.06.14 13:35

russiandoll wrote:Here is my original list of similarities:

1. An unaccompanied male -
2. Carrying a child and having no push-chair- 
3. The child was blonde-
4. The child was a girl

I agree that there are many similarities and have voted other reasons, because all of the above are consistent with Gerry McCann realising the implications of the Smith sighting and suddenly needing an alibi for the time the balloon went up, when he was missing.

Jez had been an independent witness but far too early, so poor Jane was called upon to describe her Tannerman of 9.15, who had to look very like Smithman, but not a Gerry double, so there was a tweak or two [hair was one iirc, will check], face not described in detail..,well she wouldn't, would she?

The 2 had to morph into each other, it was the police's job to wonder why an abductor was walking about with a child for 45 minutes.

Jane didn't mention the buttons on the trousers, even though she saw Tannerman side-on. Managed to get the flowers on the pj bottoms in the dark,  though.

So we agree on the similarities Tony but not for why they exist.
We actually agree not only that there were these 17 similarities but we also agree that one description was copied from the other.

My hypothesis is that the Smiths simply replicated Jane Tanner's description, adding: 'But the abductor wasn't Robert Murat'.

Yours runs I think like this:

1. Madeleine was dead.

2. Gerry decided to make a run for it, carrying Madeleine's body through the streets of Praia da Luz to...well, somewhere.

3. The alarm was due to be raised by Kate (or someone else) at about 10.00pm or just before.

4. Gerry was suddenly spotted by 9 Irish people and said to himself: "B*gger. That's torn it.

5. He hurriedly deposited Madeleine's body somewhere, then dashed back to the Ocean Club.

6. Whereupon he got hold of Jane Tanner and said: 'Look, make up a description of someone you saw, say about 9.15pm - to give me time to be seen by the Irish people at 10.00pm. But, you know, tweak it a bit here and there, hair colour or something, so they don't think it's me'.

And we have to bear in mind that there are several witnesses who confirm that Gerry McCann was in the vicinity of the Ocean Club during, say, the period 9.30pm to 10.30pm, when you say he was rushing around Praia da Luz with a dead body.

I shall exercise due restraint and refrain from commenting on your idea

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 06.06.14 17:31

Not just a dead body but presumably a fresh corpse.

No smell of a cadaver?

No blood stains in her hair, on her skin or on the man?

In her Pyjamas?  What time did she die?  before or after her bath?

No blanket to cover her body and hide any signs of blood or other indications that she was not alive?

A corpse would be quite heavy and awkward to carry wouldn't it?

According to the Smith family, this man was acting perfectly normal and did not really draw attention to himself.  Was he really in a rush?  If he did hurry past the Smith family, how were they able to give such a detailed description of both the man and the child?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 06.06.14 17:34

sharonl wrote:Not just a dead body but presumably a fresh corpse.

No smell of a cadaver?

No blanket to cover her body and hide any signs of blood or other indications that she was not alive?

According to the Smith family, this man was acting perfectly normal and did not really draw attention to himself.  Was he really in a rush?  If he did hurry past the Smith family, how were they able to give such a detailed description of both the man and the child?

Yes, but none of these issues make the situation impossible.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 06.06.14 17:38

sharonl wrote:

Surely it would be roughly the same weight as a live child.

As for awkward carrying, Martin Smith stated  "that he did not hold the child in a comfortable position, suggesting [the carrying] not being habitual."
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 06.06.14 17:39

No smell of a cadaver?

Yes, but none of these issues make the situation impossible.

Ok, but the dogs found blood and cadaver odour in the apartment

If the Smiths could give such a detailed description of what they saw (assuming that it was Gerry & Madeleine) why did they not notice the smell of cadaver and blood stains?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 06.06.14 17:41

sharonl wrote:

If the Smiths could give such a detailed description of what they saw (assuming that it was Gerry & Madeleine) why did they not notice the smell of cadaver and blood stains?

You could equally ask why the GNR didn't smell cadaver odour or blood in the apartment, which was a closed space where smells linger as opposed to the open space of the street where the Smiths encountered Smithman.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 06.06.14 17:46

Tony I told you on another thread where you addressed my explanation that I neither named MADELEINE in it, I did not state when she died nor did I say Gerry deposited her somewhere in PdL before returning to the tapas bar.

I am glad that you are no longer going to comment on what I said, that is twice now that you have added things to my post claiming these came from me.

They are your interpretations of what I said.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 06.06.14 17:52

sharonl wrote:

You could equally ask why the GNR didn't smell cadaver odour or blood in the apartment, which was a closed space where smells linger as opposed to the open space of the street where the Smiths encountered Smithman.

The odour would have been less noticeable to humans after a period of time.  The apartment had also been cleaned to the extent that even the curtains had been washed.  I cannot see how all this cleaning took place between 5.30pm and 8.00pm ( a maximum of 2.5 hrs) that night, it just doesn't seem possible, especially when there were other things to tend to.  If Madeleine had died and been removed earlier in the week, then the odour would have been even less noticeable.  Even Michael Wright admitted that there was a dreadful smell from the hire car. 

Goncalo Amaral claimed that the cadaver had been frozen. So where exactly was Gerry heading with Madeleine?  Surely the Smith family would have noticed if she had already been frozen?

Sorry to be negative about this but it doesn't make sense
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 06.06.14 17:58

sharonl wrote:
sharonl wrote:

The odour would have been less noticeable to humans after a period of time.  The apartment had also been cleaned to the extent that even the curtains had been washed.  I cannot see how all this cleaning took place between 5.30pm and 8.00pm ( a maximum of 2.5 hrs) that night, it just doesn't seem possible, especially when there were other things to tend to.  If Madeleine had died and been removed earlier in the week, then the odour would have been even less noticeable.  Even Michael Wright admitted that there was a dreadful smell from the hire car. 

Goncalo Amaral claimed that the cadaver had been frozen. So where exactly was Gerry heading with Madeleine?  Surely the Smith family would have noticed if she had already been frozen?

When Madeleine was first moved from the apartment, there was probably no detectable odour (to the human nose).

Goncalo Amaral, I believe claims that Madeleine was frozen during the period between May and the end of June, when she was moved in the car.  I think she was moved to a permanent resting place once the Mark Harrison searches were completed.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 06.06.14 18:01

sharonl wrote:

As for awkward carrying, Martin Smith stated  "that he did not hold the child in a comfortable position, suggesting [the carrying] not being habitual."
Martin Smith did not say that WLBTS - those words are Kate's.  She changed what he said just as she changed the position in which the man was carrying the child to connect it to the cackhanded way in which Jane Tanner's 'abductor' was carrying the child.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 06.06.14 18:03

Cristobell wrote:
sharonl wrote:

Martin Smith did not say that WLBTS - those words are Kate's.  She changed what he said just as she changed the position in which the man was carrying the child to connect it to the cackhanded way in which Jane Tanner's 'abductor' was carrying the child.

I beg to differ Cristobell :)

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 06.06.14 18:04

No smell of a cadaver?

Though I am loathe to say it Sharon, its possible the body was bathed and re-dressed in pyjamas.  What happened to the clothes Madeleine wore that day? the pink top and white shorts she wore in the 'last photo' - the beads that were in her hair?
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 06.06.14 18:09

Cristobell wrote:
sharonl wrote:

Martin Smith assumed the pair were father and daughter - therefore not being used to carrying a child is a contradiction.  I will stand corrected if you can pinpoint that exact sentence in his statement.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 06.06.14 18:09

sharonl wrote:

The odour would also have been less noticeable if she had only recently died, especially to people passing on the street. You may be confusing two separate ideas here - if Smithman was carrying a dead Madeleine, then she must have only been dead a short while.

The cleaning of the apartment has been massively overstated on forums. There were traces of DNA that were not removed from this 'forensic cleaning' of the apartment that is regularly claimed.

The cadaver that may have been in the hire car would surely have been dead for at least a month. I'm not surprised there was a strong odour in the hire car.

Amaral stated that he found it perfectly possible that Madeleine died on the evening of the 3rd, and he had access to all the evidence, including that of Eddie and Keela. I'm just agreeing with him.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 06.06.14 18:11

Cristobell wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
sharonl wrote:

Martin Smith assumed the pair were father and daughter - therefore not being used to carrying a child is a contradiction.  I will stand corrected if you can pinpoint that exact sentence in his statement.

It's in the link, I directly quoted from there.

— Urged, he states that the individual did not appear to be a tourist. He cannot explain this further. It was simply his perception given the individual's clothing. He states that the individual carried the child in his arms, with her head laying on the individual's left shoulder, that being to the right of the deponent. He adds that he did not hold the child in a comfortable position, suggesting [the carrying] not being habitual.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by RIPM 06.06.14 18:23

Tony Bennett wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:I'm tuning in late and haven't read the complete thread, but ... what kind of question is that to hold a poll ...?

without the possibility to vote, that there are no 17 similarities?

I've been doing a lot of questionnaires and derived statistics from it. This poll reminds me of the very old joke we had about a question: "if yes, why not?"
Chatelaine, your point is well made, but, as the poll creator, here is your opportunity.

Here is my original list of similarities:

1. An unaccompanied male
2. Carrying a child and having no push-chair
3. The child was blonde
4. The child was a girl

I fully accept the challenge and I would be very pleased if you could be as robust as you wish and tell me which ones of the 17 are NOT similar as between Tannerman and Smithman = thanks very much
Chatelaine, I hope you might find time today to answer my point above in bold.

I took great care, looking at all the Jane Tanner statements and then those of the three Smiths, to list all the 17 similarities, and if you think even one of them is incorrect, I would like to know from you, and have the opportunity then of responding to you. Many thanks
Not speaking for Chatelaine but 3&5 are certainly incorrect.

Where in JT's original  police statements has she claimed the child was blonde as she clearly states she never saw the childs head?

'The child was barefoot'. Where can we find this definite statement in any of the Smiths statements?

Several of the other similarities are at best ambiguous
RIPM

Activity : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 06.06.14 18:24

Cristobell wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
sharonl wrote:

It's in the link, I directly quoted from there.

— Urged, he states that the individual did not appear to be a tourist. He cannot explain this further. It was simply his perception given the individual's clothing. He states that the individual carried the child in his arms, with her head laying on the individual's left shoulder, that being to the right of the deponent. He adds that he did not hold the child in a comfortable position, suggesting [the carrying] not being habitual.
Apologies WLBTS, I stand corrected.  smilie
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.06.14 18:25

russiandoll wrote:Tony I told you on another thread where you addressed my explanation that I neither named MADELEINE in it, I did not state when she died nor did I say Gerry deposited her somewhere in PdL before returning to the tapas bar.

I am glad that you are no longer going to comment on what I said, that is twice now that you have added things to my post claiming these came from me.  They are your interpretations of what I said.
I am baffled.

These are your exact words:

QUOTE RUSSIANDOLL

"I agree that there are many similarities [between Tannerman and Smithman] because all of the above are consistent with Gerry McCann realising the implications of the Smith sighting and suddenly needing an alibi for the time the balloon went up, when he was missing...poor Jane was called upon to describe her Tannerman of 9.15, who had to look very like Smithman, but not a Gerry double, so there was a tweak or two [hair was one iirc, will check], face not described in detail...well she wouldn't, would she?

END QUOTE

You are quite clear here in saying that Gerry told Jane to describe someone 'who had to look very like Smithman, but not a Gerry double, so there was a tweak or two...'

Just so I don't misunderstand you, you say that Gerry needed an alibi - because he was seen by the Smiths? Am I right so far?

If not, please explain, I am trying to make sense of something that is not plain.  

So, you say that Gerry McCann was seen by the Smiths at 10.00pm, and therefore needed an alibi 'for the time the balloon went up' (I presume you mean 10.00pm?).

So he tells Jane something like: "Tell them you saw me at 9.15pm, make your description sound like me, but tweak it a bit, so it's a bit different from me". Is that right?

And according to your statement above, Gerry was not carrying Madeleine at 10.00pm, but another child? Have I got that right?

If I haven't got that right, please explain your hypothesis for 'Smithman' in plain terms, so we cn all understand it, I'd appreciate it.

Plus, if you say that Smithman was Gerry McCann, how do you explain the witness evidence that Gerry McCann was indeed in the Ocean Club/Tapas bar area during the 9.30pm - 10.30pm time zone?

Many thanks

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.06.14 18:31

Tony Bennett wrote:
russiandoll wrote:Tony I told you on another thread where you addressed my explanation that I neither named MADELEINE in it, I did not state when she died nor did I say Gerry deposited her somewhere in PdL before returning to the tapas bar.

I am glad that you are no longer going to comment on what I said, that is twice now that you have added things to my post claiming these came from me.  They are your interpretations of what I said.
I am baffled.

These are your exact words:

QUOTE RUSSIANDOLL

"I agree that there are many similarities [between Tannerman and Smithman] because all of the above are consistent with Gerry McCann realising the implications of the Smith sighting and suddenly needing an alibi for the time the balloon went up, when he was missing...poor Jane was called upon to describe her Tannerman of 9.15, who had to look very like Smithman, but not a Gerry double, so there was a tweak or two [hair was one iirc, will check], face not described in detail...well she wouldn't, would she?

END QUOTE

You are quite clear here in saying that Gerry told Jane to describe someone 'who had to look very like Smithman, but not a Gerry double, so there was a tweak or two...'

Just so I don't misunderstand you, you say that Gerry needed an alibi - because he was seen by the Smiths? Am I right so far?

If not, please explain, I am trying to make sense of something that is not plain.  

So, you say that Gerry McCann was seen by the Smiths at 10.00pm, and therefore needed an alibi 'for the time the balloon went up' (I presume you mean 10.00pm?).

So he tells Jane something like: "Tell them you saw me at 9.15pm, make your description sound like me, but tweak it a bit, so it's a bit different from me". Is that right?

And according to your statement above, Gerry was not carrying Madeleine at 10.00pm, but another child? Have I got that right?

If I haven't got that right, please explain your hypothesis for 'Smithman' in plain terms, so we cn all understand it, I'd appreciate it.

Plus, if you say that Smithman was Gerry McCann,

how do you explain the witness evidence that Gerry McCann was indeed in the Ocean Club/Tapas bar area during the 9.30pm - 10.30pm time zone?

Many thanks

Perhaps we should ask Pat Brown, where are you Pat, you haven't posted in ages, I know you read here, as your latest blog re Smith would seem to indicate. yes 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 06.06.14 18:33

I will not explain my hypothesis as you call it. You go back and read what you posted re my explanation and see the additions you made.

You are not addressing the issues you added, but other things.

Quote my post in full and show me in bold print:

Madeleine's name. Where I said she died May 3rd and where I said she was carried by Gerry and deposited in PdL. where are my exact words here?

You are free to interpret my statements, you are not free to write words saying they were mine when they are yours.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top