The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

DUPING DELIGHT Mm11

DUPING DELIGHT Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

DUPING DELIGHT Mm11

DUPING DELIGHT Regist10

DUPING DELIGHT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DUPING DELIGHT Empty DUPING DELIGHT

Post by Cristobell 09.06.13 17:54

I'm not sure this is in the right section, so please move if it isn't, thanks.

We have studied forensic linguistics in this case, but not sure if we have studied micro expressions. We are all familiar with that grin of Gerry's when asked about sightings, but I discovered last night that it is well known to body language experts and is known as 'duping delight'. It is an involuntary facial expression, that is almost a smile/grin that basically says 'I've got one over on you', perfectly illustrated in this link, 24 seconds in. I think there is a better one of HideHo's, but unfortunately I could not find it. For me this split second expression made up my mind.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

DUPING DELIGHT Empty Re: DUPING DELIGHT

Post by Snifferdog 09.06.13 18:18

Cristobell wrote:I'm not sure this is in the right section, so please move if it isn't, thanks.

We have studied forensic linguistics in this case, but not sure if we have studied micro expressions. We are all familiar with that grin of Gerry's when asked about sightings, but I discovered last night that it is well known to body language experts and is known as 'duping delight'. It is an involuntary facial expression, that is almost a smile/grin that basically says 'I've got one over on you', perfectly illustrated in this link, 24 seconds in. I think there is a better one of HideHo's, but unfortunately I could not find it. For me this split second expression made up my mind.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yes Christobel which person in their right mind could grin at the thought of an occasion that the 'sighting' turned out not to be their missing child. The pair make my skin crawl.
Snifferdog
Snifferdog

Activity : 1039

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 09.06.13 18:37

early days they may have thought they had one over on people, but the internet must now show that they did not get one over on a heck of a lot of people.

Mrs. was certainly breathing deeply during that interview.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 09.06.13 19:29

plebgate wrote:early days they may have thought they had one over on people, but the internet must now show that they did not get one over on a heck of a lot of people.

Mrs. was certainly breathing deeply during that interview.

I think thats where all the controversy arises, many people are attuned to these signs even if they are not aware of it. As you say, they didn't get one over on a heck of a lot of people.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.06.13 19:31

Some time ago I bought the whole set of DVDs of "Lie to me".
I learned a lot, be it a USofA dramatised series. It's forensically based and minimal expressions are very telling. And this is definitely one of those.
It also reminded me of another interview, where they are not able to remember a sighting, which seemed genuine to them. In fact, IIRC they couldn't recall any of them ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 09.06.13 19:49

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here's one where cuddlecat came in handy.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog 09.06.13 19:51

Eeeeuw! laugh
Snifferdog
Snifferdog

Activity : 1039

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: