The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Descriptions of Maddie  Mm11

Descriptions of Maddie  Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Descriptions of Maddie  Mm11

Descriptions of Maddie  Regist10

Descriptions of Maddie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Descriptions of Maddie  Empty Descriptions of Maddie

Post by tigger 10.05.13 7:07

I've copied this from an old post by Get'em. Terrific collection of descriptions - imo the ones by Kate would describe a late-teen girlfriend rather than a dependent toddler.

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:
Kate McCann: The Collection

Concerning the child's personality, she is extrovert, very active, talkative, smart and relates to other children with great ease. But she would never go with a stranger.
Kate McCann in a statement to the Policia Judiciaria 4/5/07

"Please continue to pray for Madeleine. She is lovely."
Kate McCann, Daily Express 7/5/07

Q: Tell me about Madeleine. I know her picture, we all know her picture so well and she's a gorgeous, little, smiling image but she is, to us, an image; to you she's a real little girl. Tell us about Madeleine.
KM: Well, she's got bags of character, that's for sure. Errm... She's very loving, caring, she's very funny, very chatty, very engaging. Errm... She has her moments, like all children do, errm... but I do think she's pretty special.
KM: She's loud.
Kate McCann, ITN interview, 25/5/07

Mrs McCann said, smiling: “She likes talking, she really likes role play.”
Mr McCann joined in saying: “She’s very good at that actually for someone so young, she really can talk...considering that she was not even four.
“She likes activity and sport, she’s very active, even at home when we are going for a jog she says ’Can I come jogging with you mummy’?”
The couple looked relaxed as they spoke about Madeleine’s love of swimming, going swimming on Saturdays and of her favourite television programme - Dr Who as well as films such as Shrek and Finding Nemo.
Gerry and Kate McCann, Daily Express 26/5/07

"Madeleine has the first three Harry Potter books and first three DVDs. Like most other children the world over, she loves the stories."
Kate McCann, BBC News 16/7/07

Kate reveals Madeleine had been practising a dance at the club which she was looking forward to showing her mum the following day - "but I never got to see it".
(..) Kate now wears a silver locket round her neck with a picture of Madeleine inside and the words "Tower of Strength" engraved on it. She says a friend gave it to her because "that's what Madeleine was to us, a tower of strength".
(..) Conscious to speak of her in the present tense, she adds: "Despite her small size she just has this huge presence. She brings a lot of joy."
Kate McCann, Sunday Mirror, 5/8/07

She revealed that as she tucked Madeleine into bed that night, the little girl said: "Mummy, I've had the best day ever. I'm having lots and lots of fun."
Kate McCann, Daily Express 5/8/07

In her interview Mrs McCann paints a vivid picture of her daughter as a sociable and funny child.
She said: "She has a lot of personality and her name actually means 'tower of strength'. But she hated it when we called her Maddie - she'd say, 'My name is Madeleine', with an indignant look on her face. I bet she's giving whoever she's with her tuppence worth."
Kate McCann, Daily Express 13/8/07, quoting from the ‘Woman’s hour interview.

K- We had a super week. We came with a group of friends who themselves have children. Ours had more small friends. There was this club for children with lots of activities. They spent there great moments.
G.- Madeleine, in particular, has a lot of fun. One day, she even did sailing with the club.
K- She played tennis.
G- In the evening, adults stood together and the children were on their side. It was fun sometimes to hide and they were pursuing us.
P.M- How was Madeleine during these holidays?
K- She is very intelligent, very sociable and engaging. She loves to talk, she is funny, she has a lot of energy.
G- She is still very active, she loves to organize everything, she is very good in the role-playing. At the day nursery of the hotel, she loved to organize things… For her age, her vocabulary is very good, better than mine! She understands a lot of stuff, she twigs quickly, she is very perspicacious.
Kate and Gerry McCann, Paris Match, September 2007

Kate McCann complains frequently that her children are "hysterical" and says that Madeleine is a hyperactive child who tires her out to the point of despair.
First Post, quoting Correio de Manha 14/9/07

Missing Madeleine would run around 'screaming...shouting for my attention', the mother-of-three said.
In an interview given to a Portuguese magazine before she was named as a suspect in the case of the four-year-old's disappearance, Kate also said the first six months of Madeleine's life were "very difficult" and that the girl had suffered from colic.
Speaking about Madeleine's upbringing, Kate, a 39-year-old GP, told Portugal's Flash! magazine: "She cried practically for 18 hours a day. I had to permanently carry her around."
This period explained "the strong bond between mother and daughter", she said.
Although the arrival of the twins Sean and Amelie shook up Madeleine's life, she accepted them very well, said Kate.
"She managed to deal perfectly with this new reality, although she herself at the time was still a baby.
"The worst thing is that she started to demand lots of attention, especially when I was breast-feeding them.
"She would run up and down screaming in the background, shouting for my attention”.
Kate McCann, Daily Mail 17/9/07, quoting Portugese magazine Flash

“As Madeleine’s mummy I feel in my heart that she is there. I don’t know how anyone could harm anyone as beautiful as Madeleine. I don’t mean her appearance. I mean as a beautiful person.”
The mother of three, who has spoken of her desire to be involved in childcare, became emotional towards the end of the questioning, recorded yesterday, as she talked personally about her eldest child.
“I feel sad and I feel lonely and our life is not as happy without Madeleine,” she said, adding: “I feel anxious she is not with us.”
Asked about the last time she saw Madeleine, she said: “She was very happy and very loving and I know Madeleine was very happy with her life. She is special.”
Kate McCann, Daily Express 24/10/07, quoting from the Antena 3 interview.

And Kate tells movingly how the little blonde girl was more like a best friend than a daughter - and reveals how she tortures herself by trying to imagine how Madeleine looks now she is approaching her fifth birthday.
Kate McCann, the Mirror, 30/4/08

Always referring to Maddie, who is five in May, in the present tense, she describes her as "very loving. She’s a very bright little girl.
"I had days when I’d go to a cafe with Madeleine and we’d go shopping together and she’d say, ‘Oh mummy, I like that top,’ or ‘Oh, I love your earrings, mummy’.
"She’s good company, she’s like my — you know, she’s like a little buddy to me."
"She was great with Sean and Amelie. "Even when they were born, you know she just stepped into the role really well, considering she was only 20 months when they were born, and she wanted to be involved and help. As they got a little bit older, because the age difference was so close, they just played so well together."
Kate McCann, ITV1 documentary 30/4/08

She recalls: “She just very casually really said ‘Where were you last night when me and Sean cried?’ And we immediately looked and said, you know ‘When was this Madeleine, was this when you were going to sleep?’ and she didn’t answer. “And then she just carried on playing, totally undistressed.”
Kate McCann quoting Madeleine in the Liverpool Echo, 30/4/08

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Descriptions of Maddie  Empty PJ

Post by tigger 10.05.13 9:28

02-Processo Vol 2 Pages 467 and 468.
McCANN Madeleine Beth CONTROL NO. : F-131/5-2007

REQUESTING COUNTRY: PORTUGAL
FILE No. : 2007123403
DATE OF PUBLICATION: 8 May 2007
CIRCULATION TO THE MEDIA (INCLUDING INTERNET): YES
IDENTITY PARTICULARS

(Photograph of Madeleine)

PRESENT Family Name : McCANN
FAMILY NAME AT BIRTH : McCANN
Forenames : Madeleine Beth
Sex : F
DATE AND Place OF Birth: 12th May 2003 - Leicester, United Kingdom
Also known as Maddie.
OTHER DATES OF BIRTH USED : N/A
FATHER'S FAMILY NAME AND FORENAMES: McCann Gerald Patrick.
MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME AND FORENAMES : HEALY Kate Marie
IDENTITY : CONFIRMED
NATIONALITY : BRITISH (CONFIRMED)
IDENTITY DOCUMENTS - BRITISH PASSPORT No 45XXXXXXX, issued on 4th August 2003 (UNITED KINGDOM) (Valid until 4th August 2008)
Language Spoken : English
MARITAL STATUS : N/A
DESCRIPTION:
HEIGHT : 90 cms
HAIR : Blond
EYE: Green/Blue
BUILD : Slim
DISTINGUISHING MARKS AND CHARACTERISTICS :
Left Eye : Blue and Green colour
Right Eye : Green colour with a Brown spot in Retina
Small brown mark on Left Leg Calf.
Teeth : EUA
BLOOD GROUP : N/A
DNA CODE : N/A

Rem: that makes the tennis photo facing left the original one, yet the adjusted one facing the other way was published.

Back to top Go down

Descriptions of Maddie  Empty Still Maddie....

Post by tigger 10.05.13 9:35

'April 2005- Back in Leicester and looking for a job. Now father of three with Sean and Amelie joing Maddie.'

Gerry's Friends Reunited entry, April 2005 - entry updated May 2007 but 'Maddie' remained 
unquote

and:

The Madeleine Fund - 'Leaving No Stone Unturned' Appeal
 Wednesday, 16 May 2007
 Funds will be used to help find Madeleine McCann, support her family and bring her abductors to justice. Any surplus funds will be used to help families and missing children in United Kingdom, Portugal and elsewhere in similar circumstances.
By phone:
Text "MADDIE" to 60999 and £1 will be taken from your phone for the Madeleine Fund. (Standard network charges apply)
unquote

And spelling the name can be problematical, note the Madenleine on the first website in the centre:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Descriptions of Maddie  Empty Maddy or Maddie but no Madeleine

Post by tigger 16.05.13 15:33

"Madeleine called herself 'Madeleine', and that was very much the name in the family as well, so that makes us wonder if this was indeed Madeleine," said Clarence Mitchell to the BBC in August 2008, in relation to another false 'sighting'.

In spite of Mr Mitchell's words, all the nannies who came into contact with Madeleine at the Ocean Club claim that Madeleine was presented to them under the diminutive "Maddie".

Indeed, the rest of the family, including Gerry and the twins, all refer to Madeleine as 'Maddie'.

Which begs the question: Why is Kate now saying that they "never called her anything like that" and that 'Maddie' was a name "invented" by the media?

Kate McCann
 "My consolation is that on the cover he calls her Maddie, the name that the media have invented. We never called her anything like that."
 Expresso interview, Kate talks about 'The Truth of the Lie' by Gonçalo Amaral, published 06 September 2008

Kate McCann
 "She has a lot of personality and her name actually means 'tower of strength'. But she hated it when we called her Maddie - she'd say, 'My name is Madeleine', with an indignant look on her face."
 Women's Own interview, published 13 August 2007

Kate McCann

"Maybe because they're growing. They express themselves better. When they see Madeleine's cat, they say "Maddie". When they see her bag, as well."
 Paris Match interview, talking about the twins, 04 September 2007

Gerry McCann
 'April 2005- Back in Leicester and looking for a job. Now father of three with Sean and Amelie joing Maddie.'
 Gerry's Friends Reunited entry, April 2005 - entry updated May 2007 but 'Maddie' remained 

Gerry McCann

"Today we think that if Maddie had been taken or killed quickly, there would have been evidence [of this]."
 Paris Match interview, 04 September 2007

Trish Cameron (Gerry's sister)
 "When Kate checked, she came out screaming. Maddy had gone. The door was open and the window in the bedroom and shutters were jemmied open."
 Daily Mirror, 05 May 2007 Link

Eileen McCann (Gerry's mother)
 "Anyone who knows Gerry and Kate knows that they cherished Maddie."
 "Somebody came into Maddie's room, carried her out in her pyjamas..."
 The Sun, 28 April 2008 Link

John McCann (Gerry's brother) 
"They're much more positive about things that can be done to get Maddy back."
 Liverpool Daily Post, 10 May 2007 Link

"We are hoping this is going to be resolved very soon. We have got one objective - we want to get our darling wee Maddy back."
Daily Mirror, 10 May 2007 Link

"Kate dressed Amelie in her sister's pyjamas and the baby said: 'Maddy's jammies. Where is Maddy?'"
 Sydney Morning Herald, 15 May 2007 Link

Susan Healy (Kate's mother)
 "This is a set-up. Maddie is Kate and Gerry's world. They would never do anything to harm her."
 Daily Mail, 08 September 2007 Link

Susan Healy (Kate's mother)
 "We want her back, we're not going to accept that Maddie's gone from our life altogether."
 Antena3 interview, 22 October 2007 Link

Jon Corner
 "Kate phoned me in the early hours totally devastated.
 "She just told me that Maddy had been abducted, that the shutters of the apartment had been forced and someone had taken her.
 "Maddy was asleep in the room with Sean and Amelie and whoever has taken her has gone straight past the sleeping twins, left them completely alone and snatched Maddy."
 Liverpool Daily Post, 06 May 2007 Link

Mark McQueen (Sean's godfather)
 "We know Maddie very well. She is an adorable, glorious and funny three-year-old."
 Liverpool Confidential, 09 May 2007 Link

Charlotte Pennington (Ocean Club nanny)
 'The informant adds that Madeleine was usually called "Maddie" given that it was under that name that Madeleine introduced herself to the informant, the shortened form of her first name.'
 Excerpt summary of Charlotte Pennington's police interview on 07 May 2007

"She didn't get the name, but she said it sounded something like 'Abbey, Gabby or Maddie'. We automatically went into lost-child procedure. In these situations, the first thing we do is investigate the scene.
 "We knew that one of the other nanny's charges was called Maddie."
 Daily Mail, 25 September 2007 Link

'... a woman she did not know, but who must have been a tourist, went to their building asking if they were aware of the disappearance of a child called "Maggie" or "Maddie".'
 Excerpt summary of Charlotte Pennington's police interview on 07 May 2007

Russell O'Brien (Tapas 7)
'Kate returned through the reception area standing at the end of the path near the stones, and yelled over towards our table in the Tapas bar I cannot recall exactly what she yelled but it was along the lines of Maddy is missing. We all got up immediately except Dianne who remained at the table.'
Excerpt from rogatory interview, 10 April 2010

Pat Perkins (close family friend)

'Whether you are in the UK, Portugal, Europe or beyond, please forward to all your family, friends,colleagues and business associates. Someone out there will have some information that will lead to Maddy's return.
 The internet can be a powerful tool in finding Maddy, who is so loved and missed by us all.
 Let's use it positively.
 Please pray for Madeleine and all the family at this devastating time.
 We need your help. We know you won't let Maddy down.'
 extract from chain e-mail sent 07 May 2007

Back to top Go down

Descriptions of Maddie  Empty Re: Descriptions of Maddie

Post by Guest 16.05.13 16:33

I've always been bothered by the thought that Maddy and Daddy sound quite alike ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 24.08.13 17:50

Anyone know what the relative height of Maddie was to those travel cots? I think that they are approx. 100cm high. Why I am asking : just rewatched an early, maybe the first, interview with the pair in PdL with a male Sky correspondent, who asks Gerry and Kate about why the children were left alone when there was a babysitting service. Kate opens her mouth but Gerry speaks and she looks away rather uncomfortably.
 A little later in this clip he is asked about guilt and he talks about  " not being there at that moment " and " irrespective of whether we were in the other bedroom"

Will try and find and post the rather long interview. Made me wonder if whatever happened happened in the children's room and that Maddie could have been woken by a twin, gone over to the cot and tried to climb in or maybe copy Mummy and Daddy reaching in to lift a child out of the cot.
 Am thinking if Maddie were to overbalance and fall in the cot awkwardly, she could have suffered a catastrophic injury.
 This could have happened while her parents were out and the children were alone, or even if they were in the next bedroom, but sleeping through noise. Maddie might not have even bothered to try and rouse them.

Given that she was a precocious child, is it likely that if she had been woken by the twins, she might have tried herself to deal with the situation and hurt herself, to be found some time later?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Descriptions of Maddie  Empty interview clip

Post by worriedmum 24.08.13 21:30

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 05.07.14 7:38

Bumping this up as it is useful - refs. For Dr. Rogers topic .

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 05.07.14 11:27

From 5.42 onwards I still find it quite shocking what GM says about his four year old daughter. Apparently taken by paedophiles , because that was what they feared , yet he says it could have been worse, all three could have been taken.

GM mentions that they expected a Metropolitan style response though the were mindful that PDL was a quiet holiday resort.........perhaps that's the reason PDL was chosen, as the place for 'it' to happen.
Hicks
Hicks

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggs Shaw 05.07.14 14:21

worriedmum wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This video is appalling.....

Asked 'Do you blame yourselves'

KM  -  Certainly the first FEW DAYS!!!! but I think as time goes on we feel stronger. 

KM........ correction you will carry this guilt for the rest of your life.....and..none so much as when your two other children, return home from School one day and ask you outright -
'What is the truth about Maddie, people are saying that you had something to do with the 'disappearance/death/abduction/vanishing' of our sister.'

You have this scenario to cope with Kate, and Gerry.....that is when GUILT will really come into play.

There will be nothing scarier, no lawyer, no Police Force, albeit Portugese or English.....it will be the wrath of your remaining children.
Maggs Shaw
Maggs Shaw

Activity : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager 05.07.14 15:42

hicks thats what i have often wondered because they went to Donegal first then PDL...I really believe some homework was done.IMO.

Activity : 483

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyc 05.07.14 21:31

Too true Maggs Shaw - the only people they didn't anticipate  facing unlimited questions from are their own 2 remaining chidren.  To have to continue this lie about abduction to their twins as they grow older is beyond words.  Just one for moment let's all forget about the Amaral case, TB case, Media payout, SY and PJ investigations - the 2 children in future years will give them payback.
sammyc
sammyc

Activity : 383

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum