The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Court Report 5th & 6th Feb.  COMMENTS Mm11

Court Report 5th & 6th Feb.  COMMENTS Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Court Report 5th & 6th Feb.  COMMENTS Mm11

Court Report 5th & 6th Feb.  COMMENTS Regist10

Court Report 5th & 6th Feb. COMMENTS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Court Report 5th & 6th Feb.  COMMENTS Empty Court Report 5th & 6th Feb. COMMENTS

Post by plebgate 19.02.13 16:49

Thanks for posting the Court Reports and also a big thanks to the two people who produced them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wow what a complicated business this all is.

What I gathered most from the judge's comments was that the hearing was solely about commital to prison. Now I may be wrong about that but how on earth can they spend upwards of 280 grand andthen at the end of the COMMITAL trial maintain that they do not wish to see TB imprisoned. Surely the judge will not imprison TB now.
If that is the case and TB is not jailed, how can they ask for costs. IMO once they said that they did not want TB jailed then the whole COMMITAL trial was a farce but of course I am not legally qualified and am a mere pleb.
Even though the judge could not allow Enid O'dowd to partake in the proceedings, he had read her evidence as submitted by TB. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last para. of the report (Part 2)
That seemed to me to be exactly what the police files stated. Surely if TB has only copied what the police files stated how can TB be accused of making up wicked things about them and as has been pointed out before, why should he have been made to undertake that he would not repeat what was in the police files. Mr. A. has done the same and yet we have been told that they have tried to make an out of court settlement with Mr. Amaral, yet TB is threatened with prison.
None of it makes any sense to me but what about free country, free/fair speech - not for long if TB is jailed or penalised.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Court Report 5th & 6th Feb.  COMMENTS Empty Re: Court Report 5th & 6th Feb. COMMENTS

Post by Jenns 19.02.13 17:07

I hope it is o.k. to copy the following from the Court Report thread........

"TB: My Lord, Carter-Ruck have stated that they have already spent £288,503 on this case; they have Leading and Junior Counsel to assist them, this is the kind of expenditure that I could never hope to match…

J: I don’t think they would have done that if you had been legally represented… "

I don`t understand what it means.......

Why would Mr Bennett`s legal representation or otherwise have any bearing on Carter-Ruck`s expenditure?
Jenns

Activity : 34

Back to top Go down

Court Report 5th & 6th Feb.  COMMENTS Empty Re: Court Report 5th & 6th Feb. COMMENTS

Post by Olive_Boyle 19.02.13 17:14

Plebgate - would you or someone being able to point me in the direction of the Report please. Can't see or work out where it is.

Thank you.
Olive_Boyle

Activity : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 19.02.13 17:18

Jenns wrote:I hope it is o.k. to copy the following from the Court Report thread........

"TB: My Lord, Carter-Ruck have stated that they have already spent £288,503 on this case; they have Leading and Junior Counsel to assist them, this is the kind of expenditure that I could never hope to match…

J: I don’t think they would have done that if you had been legally represented… "

I don`t understand what it means....

Why would Mr Bennett`s legal representation or otherwise have any bearing on Carter-Ruck`s expenditure?
Yes, it is quite OK to quote anything from the Court report thread here, bearing in mind that it not a transcript but only two people doing their best to record as much as they could - and as accurately as they could. I will put more of the proceedings up there just as soon as I am able to.

I think what the judge was saying is that if TB had been professionally represented, the proceedings would have been shorter (no request for adjournments to try to get Legal Aid etc.) and that the McCanns were having to respond to legal arguments and factual material in the case which would not have been brought in if TB could afford a barrister. I think the judge is saying that TB being unrepresented actually made it more difficult and expensive for the McCanns.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11199

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 19.02.13 17:21

sharonl wrote:
Jenns wrote:I hope it is o.k. to copy the following from the Court Report thread........

I don`t understand what it means....

Yes, it is quite OK to quote anything from the Court report thread here, bearing in mind that it not a transcript but only two people doing their best to record as much as they could - and as accurately as they could. I will put more of the proceedings up there just as soon as I am able to.

I think what the judge was saying is that if TB had been professionally represented, the proceedings would have been shorter (no request for adjournments to try to get Legal Aid etc.) and that the McCanns were having to respond to legal arguments and factual material in the case which would not have been brought in if TB could afford a barrister. I think the judge is saying that TB being unrepresented actually made it more difficult and expensive for the McCanns.

What a shame for the McCanns, that their free help from old ladies and multi-millionaires is being diminished because Tony couldn't get such free help himself.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.02.13 17:45

Olive_Boyle wrote:Plebgate - would you or someone being able to point me in the direction of the Report please. Can't see or work out where it is.

Thank you.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Olive_Boyle 19.02.13 19:05

Jean wrote:
Olive_Boyle wrote:Plebgate - would you or someone being able to point me in the direction of the Report please. Can't see or work out where it is.

Thank you.

Thank you very much Jean.
Olive_Boyle

Activity : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 19.02.13 20:20

Thanks to those who provided the link for me and apologies to O-Boyle as I am not that great with links.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.02.13 19:22

Thank you for your time & trouble; you are doing a great job!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Court Report 5th & 6th Feb.  COMMENTS Empty Court Report 5th & 6th Feb. COMMENTS

Post by bobbin 20.02.13 20:10

Portia wrote:Thank you for your time & trouble; you are doing a great job!

I too would really like to thank the anonymous persons who are doing all this work. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tony, good luck and courage tomorrow. Whatever happens, your supporters in the search for Justice for Maddie, will regroup one way or the other, I am certain. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top