The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Report from McCanns v Bennett 6 Feb 2013 - Page 3 Mm11

Report from McCanns v Bennett 6 Feb 2013 - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Report from McCanns v Bennett 6 Feb 2013 - Page 3 Mm11

Report from McCanns v Bennett 6 Feb 2013 - Page 3 Regist10

Report from McCanns v Bennett 6 Feb 2013

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Report from McCanns v Bennett 6 Feb 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: Report from McCanns v Bennett 6 Feb 2013

Post by Guest 06.02.13 20:26

tiny wrote:So much for these 4 top libel lawyers,they are a disgrace,they have tried to frighten Tony to death and now their clients dont want Tony to go to jail
just want to stop him doing what he has been doing,i am so angry at how they have treated Tony and now by saying this they THINK it makes it allright
sorry to harp on about this but they could have caused Tony some very serious health issues,the mccanns are the lowest of the low and i hope they rot in hell

Like I said the other day: your client is your worst enemy.

This McC affair has ruined CR's reputation now, too.

Worldwide.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Report from McCanns v Bennett 6 Feb 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: Report from McCanns v Bennett 6 Feb 2013

Post by Inspectorfrost 06.02.13 20:26

sami wrote:So glad to hear things went ok today. Have a good rest, what will be, will be. Good will always win out in the end.

I hope the McCanns statement is an indication of them closing the gate after the horse. Rather strange behaviour, if you go to court with that fire power, you surely want a result ? What is it they want now ? Tony to say sorry and write 4 million lines saying I promise to never speak of Madeleine again ?

If I were that judge I would be pretty peed off with statement. What a waste of time and money.
big grin

As with all their suings things seem to have backfired somehow here on quite a few levels

In a world of billions and their massive international campaign supported by the worlds press and tv stations all over how they could even argue that a small forum or publishing a booklet which Im sure didnt sell in the thousands and thousands damaged their search. No argument. Just like with Mr Amarals book which they wanted burned, there is no evidence that any publication actually stopped anyone looking if they wanted to or reporting something when they saw it. In fact there have been plenty since even though most people dont look and if they do it peters out very shortly. They also continued to do their own documentaries which brought in hundreds of phone calls. Therefore the fight has never been about harming the search.JMO

Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.02.13 20:27

bobbin wrote:snipped from Tony's report
Adrienne Page Q.C., did make one important submission right at the end of the proceedings.

As far as I can recall, she said:

"My
Lord, my clients wish to make clear in the light of press reports today
that they do not wish for Mr Bennett to be sent to prison, nor do they
want to punish him in any way; all they want to do is to ensure that he
stops what he has been doing".
end snipped.

What a good way to use up a spare £32,000 knocking about in the slush fund ! (or someone else's private account).
That's why A. Page was called in, so that she could add her superior weight to the fact that press reports and informed public opinion going awol are a thing of great awe.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande Finale 06.02.13 20:35

Hi, BBC TV East Midlands reported about the trial on Tuesday 5th 6.30pm programme
with footage of TB entering court.

Lasted about 2 mins and advertised the Madeline Foundation.

Hope TB reads this and have a great break [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have an audio file MP3 of it where can I upload it please ?
Grande Finale
Grande Finale

Activity : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 06.02.13 20:36

ShuBob wrote:With regards to what appears to be the McCanns backing down (though I believe Martorell may have made the claim to Tony previously that the couple didn't want to send him to prison), be under no illusion that Adrienne Page's little speech was for the benefit of the assembled press. I doubt she would have said anything of the kind had the press not been in court yesterday compounded by the fact the Daily Star then published an article. Also, hearing that East Midlands Today were also covering the story- regardless of the spin they may try to put on it- may not have gone down well with the couple.

Once again, well done Tony [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Absolutely. It’s quite neat really. Pre-emptive again LOL! Judge hasn’t even had time for a cuppa and TM have reached a verdict for him. After hounding Tony for 4 years they’ve managed to give a public display of their altruistic compassion regardless of the outcome. Even if the judge finds in Tony’s favour. Chuckle.

But following the progression logically this must surely mean that if they don’t wish to punish Tony in any way they certainly won’t want a libel trial.

What would be the point...??

Though we kinda knew that anyway
monkey mind
monkey mind

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 06.02.13 20:41

monkey mind wrote:
ShuBob wrote:With regards to what appears to be the McCanns backing down (though I believe Martorell may have made the claim to Tony previously that the couple didn't want to send him to prison), be under no illusion that Adrienne Page's little speech was for the benefit of the assembled press. I doubt she would have said anything of the kind had the press not been in court yesterday compounded by the fact the Daily Star then published an article. Also, hearing that East Midlands Today were also covering the story- regardless of the spin they may try to put on it- may not have gone down well with the couple.

Once again, well done Tony [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Absolutely. It’s quite neat really. Pre-emptive again LOL! Judge hasn’t even had time for a cuppa and TM have reached a verdict for him. After hounding Tony for 4 years they’ve managed to give a public display of their altruistic compassion regardless of the outcome. Even if the judge finds in Tony’s favour. Chuckle.

But following the progression logically this must surely mean that if they don’t wish to punish Tony in any way they certainly won’t want a libel trial.

What would be the point...??

Though we kinda knew that anyway
Precisely [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.02.13 20:43

Portia wrote:
Popcorn wrote:So presumably, if the McCanns don't wish to punish Tony, they won't want him to be forced to sell his house in order to pay the massive legal fees they've racked up for this case? Is that right? That should certainly make Tony sleep more easily if so. I wonder who will be expected to cover those costs though?

Bear, bear,

All those gullible and beguiled innocents who still are putting their pensions in an enveloppe addressed to 'Kate & Gerry, Rotley, England'

Poised for another round of the begging bowl,
It's one thing for people to put money in an envelope in the hope of helping to find a lost three year old and quite another, I'd have thought, to do so to help fund lavish court cases. Times are hard. Harder than they were when Maddie went missing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 06.02.13 20:53

Inspectorfrost wrote: they could even argue that a small forum or publishing a booklet which Im sure didnt sell in the thousands and thousands damaged their search.

The Mccanns have done an excellent job in bringing Tony's thoughts and knowledge about the booklet to the worlds attention though. Ironic when they don't want people to know what Tony's thinking. sarcastic

They are quite simply their own worst enemies, couldn't happen to a better couple.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 06.02.13 20:54

Somehow, I doubt the vengeful Kate would have been happy with Adrienne Page's speech. For someone who appears to believe her own lies, she is quite unforgiving of anyone she believes has wronged them.....unless you are the phantom abductor, of course!
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.02.13 20:57

tiny wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
tiny wrote:So much for these 4 top libel lawyers,they are a disgrace,they have tried to frighten Tony to death and now their clients dont want Tony to go to jail
just want to stop him doing what he has been doing,i am so angry at how they have treated Tony and now by saying this they THINK it makes it allright
sorry to harp on about this but they could have caused Tony some very serious health issues,the mccanns are the lowest of the low and i hope they rot in hell
And you wonder why they call "us" haters ... ?
oh i see your quite happy then that they caused all this distress to Tony.and for the record i do hate the mccanns,ok. I am as intitled to my opinion as you are yours....and if you dont like my opinion then thats tough
No, I am NOT "happy".
And I do support Tony.
C'est le ton qui fait la musique ...
I'll PM you, Tiny.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 06.02.13 21:00

can someone please tell me what this is all about, a brief interview with TB outside court.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 06.02.13 21:10

MaryB wrote:I thought the whole point of this case was so Tony could be sent to prison. But now they don't want that. I wonder what changed their minds.
The realisation that the damages payable for False Imprisonment, and conspiracy to procure false imprisonment - which would include the solicitor who admitted that they had no idea whether the official version was correct or not, nor that it was backed by any credible evidence.
In this case, strangely, the solicitor gave evidence on oath, and therefore herself became part of the Act.
That might be sufficient for them to back down in the last breath.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by AskTheDogsSandra 06.02.13 21:14

russiandoll wrote:can someone please tell me what this is all about, a brief interview with TB outside court.

It's Tony saying that he's giving up his campaign.
AskTheDogsSandra
AskTheDogsSandra

Activity : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.02.13 21:15

AskTheDogsSandra wrote:
russiandoll wrote:can someone please tell me what this is all about, a brief interview with TB outside court.

Yes, I have just watched it, rather shocked.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 06.02.13 21:16

you have done the little girl with no voice proud Tony. hope you have gone somewhere nice and calm enjoy it with your family,put your feet up and have a lie in tomorrow if you can. god bless you and all who fight for this injustice for a little girl none of us know xx
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 06.02.13 21:18

candyfloss wrote:
AskTheDogsSandra wrote:

Yes, I have just watched it, rather shocked.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The poor man looked like he could hardly walk, let alone speak. Let's wait 'till he gets back from his well deserved rest and see what he says about it. he looked such a lonely figure there trailing his case.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 06.02.13 21:20

candyfloss wrote:
AskTheDogsSandra wrote:

xxxxxxxx

Surely he's hardly likely to say that he's going to continue his campaign, under the circumstances?

That would hardly endear him to the judge, would it?
nobodythereeither

Activity : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by stargazer59 06.02.13 21:20

candyfloss wrote:
AskTheDogsSandra wrote:

Is it just me who is not shocked?

He could say nothing else, he had just left court and is waiting on a ruling, he could not repeat the things he has been rebuked for. If he'd said i will continue the Judge would not have been at all happy.

Poor man is exhausted and drained, good luck to him i say he did Madeleine proud.
stargazer59

Activity : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by AskTheDogsSandra 06.02.13 21:21

Nina wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
AskTheDogsSandra wrote:

The poor man looked like he could hardly walk, let alone speak. Let's wait 'till he gets back from his well deserved rest and see what he says about it. he looked such a lonely figure there trailing his case.

But I thought he had lots of supporters with him.
AskTheDogsSandra
AskTheDogsSandra

Activity : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by stargazer59 06.02.13 21:22

nobodythereeither wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
AskTheDogsSandra wrote:

xxxxxxxx

Surely he's hardly likely to say that he's going to continue his campaign, under the circumstances?

That would hardly endear him to the judge, would it?

Ditto lol we posted at the same time
stargazer59

Activity : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 06.02.13 21:22

margaret wrote:
Inspectorfrost wrote: they could even argue that a small forum or publishing a booklet which Im sure didnt sell in the thousands and thousands damaged their search.

The Mccanns have done an excellent job in bringing Tony's thoughts and knowledge about the booklet to the worlds attention though. Ironic when they don't want people to know what Tony's thinking. sarcastic

They are quite simply their own worst enemies, couldn't happen to a better couple.

Thats what makes it all a bit loopy
Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 06.02.13 21:29

Apologies if this is on the wrong thread, because I've been reading so many threads and I can't remember where I saw this recently, but I've just watched the interview with Tony, and noticed that one of the presenters said he was "a member of the Madeleine Foundation."

I googled it as I would if I was an interested member of the public, but the MF website is very out of date indeed (unless I found the wrong one? Don't think so though).

Just wondered who ran it? This isn't intended as a criticism as I know how time-consuming it is keeping websites updated, I just think it's a bit unfortunate given that it is likely to be getting quite a few new views now I should think!
nobodythereeither

Activity : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 06.02.13 21:31

stargazer59 wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
AskTheDogsSandra wrote:

Is it just me who is not shocked?

He could say nothing else, he had just left court and is waiting on a ruling, he could not repeat the things he has been rebuked for. If he'd said i will continue the Judge would not have been at all happy.

Poor man is exhausted and drained, good luck to him i say he did Madeleine proud.

Ditto!!!

He has worked tirelessly for years and had to put up with this crap, wouldnt blame him if he sat back now.
Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 06.02.13 21:33

When I posted and asked what was going on it was because I was confused....from all accounts TB has done himself proud but he must be whacked.

He had just been caught leaving and did not make that statement unprompted and after looking at that clip again he was put on the spot. Of course he had to say what he did....given the reporter was referring to it as a " CAMPAIGN" , sounds like Tony is waging a war.

He is having a well -earned break.
What was it with all the last minute frighteners being put on Tony , the fees spent, only for the sudden statement [ just for PR] that they just want him to stop.

the judge will be very impressed with all that....not.

and they can never spin it to make it seem like they influence a judge's decision. no way.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by auntiefi 06.02.13 21:34

hopefully he's opened the proverbial can of worms and he can sit back and know that he started some justice! I for one think the press articles and footage don't look favourable to the McCanns and terminology they use now isn't the prescribed McCann abducted etc, and Tony hardly looks the evil stalker they try to make him out to be.
auntiefi

Activity : 17

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum