The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Statement signing Mm11

Statement signing Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Statement signing Mm11

Statement signing Regist10

Statement signing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Statement signing Empty Statement signing

Post by Inspectorfrost 30.01.13 22:34

Why is it that in the pj files it says reads ratifies and signs if it was not in english for the tapas group and other english witneses? At the end of their statements?

From kates book

*By the Sunday evening, we found ourselves giving our statements again, this time to a couple of detectives from Control Risks.* We were concerned that parts of the statements we had made to the Portuguese police, especially on that first day, might have been lost in translation. We also felt that these accounts were not sufficiently thorough and wanted to have every detail we could remember registered properly. Unfortunately, in our haste to pass the new statements on to the PJ, we made the mistake of assuming that the transcripts would be correct and discovered only many months later that these, too, contained inaccuracies. And they had been given and recorded in English! A word of advice, in case you are ever unlucky enough to find yourself involved in a criminal investigation in any country: always make sure that you read your statement, in your own language, after you've provided it.
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by mahlersghost 30.01.13 22:42

Kate McCann is trying to make it sound like Midnight Run - and why give Control Risks this information to pass onto the investigating team? It's all part of the attempt to keep the rubbishing the Portuguese police. The McCanns prefer the court of public opinion to the legal sort.
mahlersghost
mahlersghost

Activity : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by mahlersghost 30.01.13 22:50

"A word of advice, in case you are ever unlucky enough to find yourself involved in a criminal investigation in any country: always make sure that you read your statement, in your own language, after you've provided it." Kate McCann

Another sound piece of advice is to make sure your children are at least adequately looked after rather than left alone and vulnerable.

I think I would steer shy of any advice given by her.
mahlersghost
mahlersghost

Back to top Go down

Statement signing Empty que?

Post by russiandoll 30.01.13 22:58

will someone please tell me what on earth Kate is on about? I am aware she is moaning about those foreign cops but what is she saying went on that she is so annoyed about......she is such a poor writer I need a translator .

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Statement signing Empty Re: Statement signing

Post by Inspectorfrost 30.01.13 23:08

russiandoll wrote:will someone please tell me what on earth Kate is on about? I am aware she is moaning about those foreign cops but what is she saying went on that she is so annoyed about......she is such a poor writer I need a translator .

i read english and she is talking bollox ie not decipherable or talking lies
I just want to know what she read ratified and signed on may 4th and what all he rest read ratified and signed in the days after, if it was portuguese they couldnt have read ratified and signed ergo it was english ergo they cant complain about wrong translations
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 30.01.13 23:25

I read English too, it's my native language.. I really cannot make sense of what she is saying. I know the initial statements to the PJ were translated into Portuguese and then translated back into English so she could verify they were true to her words and then she signed. This happened with all the tapas lot.
This Control Risks stuff presented no problems....English writing given to native English speakers. If there were errors it meant she signed something without checking it surely?
I am tired, but I think I am being reasonable in thinking like you it is a load of garbage.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 30.01.13 23:38

Inspectorfrost wrote:Why is it that in the pj files it says reads ratifies and signs if it was not in english for the tapas group and other english witneses? At the end of their statements?

From kates book [ my bold]

*By the Sunday evening, we found ourselves giving our statements again, this time to a couple of detectives from Control Risks.* We were concerned that parts of the statements we had made to the Portuguese police, especially on that first day, might have been lost in translation. We also felt that these accounts were not sufficiently thorough and wanted to have every detail we could remember registered properly. Unfortunately, in our haste to pass the new statements on to the PJ, we made the mistake of assuming that the transcripts would be correct and discovered only many months later that these, too, contained inaccuracies. And they had been given and recorded in English! A word of advice, in case you are ever unlucky enough to find yourself involved in a criminal investigation in any country: always make sure that you read your statement, in your own language, after you've provided it.

1. if they were not true to the account she gave she should not have signed . Under the circumstances I am sure the police would have gone through it all again....a child was missing fgs. They needed accurate info.

2. what was missing is irrelevant...the accuracy of what was there is all that matters.

3. I think she is saying that she passed statements made to Control Risks to the Portuguese police and was surprised that as there was no language issue with these, they should not have contained errors. Why the heck was she passing things to the police..should not the people taking the statements have done the handing over?

4. why the hell did she sign for her Control Risks statement as [she must have done , surely ? ]..... without checking?
I made a statement to the local police a couple of years ago. We were all speaking English. I did not leave the room until I had agreed that what was written down agreed with what I had said!

anyway I am dizzy with this, so am off !

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Statement signing Empty Lost in Translation

Post by mahlersghost 30.01.13 23:43

I'm not sure why Kate McCann did not get her statement made with Control Risks (detectives but not in the accepted law enforcement sense) immediately word-processed and then check it herself - it's not as though she was writing a dissertation. There must have been any number of English speaking and writing people available to her. Were the CR detectives prompting her? Who knows. Yes all a load of rubbish in the book in toto - it's to explain any major discrepancies as Lost in Translation - from Scouse to English I guess.
mahlersghost
mahlersghost

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum