The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Stephen Winyard Mm11

Stephen Winyard Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Stephen Winyard Mm11

Stephen Winyard Regist10

Stephen Winyard

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stephen Winyard Empty Stephen Winyard

Post by jd 27.09.12 17:52

Its very intriguing how the very most wealthy in this country seemed to be all backing the mccanns, not to mention the ones at the resort at the time of the disappearance....why are they all so interested in this particular couple? What fascinates the rich to this NHS couple?Here is another one to add to the list of the likes of richard branson, phillip green, john geraghty, brian kennedy....Stephen Winyard

MICHAEL HOWIE HOME AFFAIRS CORRESPONDENT Sat 8 Dec 2007-The Scotsman
ONE of Scotland's most wealthy businessmen can today be revealed as the mystery donor helping fund the fight to clear the names of Madeleine McCann's parents.

Stephen Winyard, who owns the luxury Stobo Castle spa in Peebleshire, has spoken publicly for the first time since pledging £100,000 to help meet the escalating legal costs of Gerry and Kate McCann.

In an exclusive interview with The Scotsman, Mr Winyard revealed he has already paid for DNA tests carried out on the Renault Scenic hire car used by the McCanns nearly four weeks after Madeleine's disappearance.

The 58-year-old father-of-three has remained in the shadows since offering a £1million reward for four-year-old Madeleine's return in May. But he said he could no longer remain silent as "scurrilous allegations" continue to be directed towards Mr and Mrs McCann.

He said he wanted to highlight the results of the tests on DNA recovered from the car, and on hair samples from Kate McCann and Madeleine's brother and sister.

Portugese police believe that DNA recovered from the boot of the car suggest Madeleine's body was carried inside the vehicle.

Meanwhile, Portuguese newspapers have alleged that hair samples from Kate and Gerry McCann's children show the couple sedated the two-year-old twins, Sean and Amelie, and Madeleine on the night she disappeared.

Mr Winyard stated that the findings of their own tests, by Home Office-approved forensic scientists, refuted these claims.

"The reason I am breaking cover is to highlight the findings of that report," he said. "The conclusion of the report was that no DNA was found that in any way implicated Gerry and Kate in Madeleine's disappearance.

"The further test that was commissioned, basically a hair drug test, also refuted the fairly scurrilous accusation that the twins were sedated or that Kate took sedatives herself."

Mr Winyard, who splits his time between Stobo Castle and his home in Monaco, was approached by Gerry McCann for financial help in September.

The businessman agreed to offer an initial sum of £100,000 - a figure matched by Virgin tycoon Sir Richard Branson.

Double-glazing magnate Brian Kennedy is also donating money to help the McCanns clear their name.

Mr Winyard said the three were sharing the costs between them. "I think the McCanns are entitled to the best legal defence they can muster to refute these scurrilous allegations.

"I remain absolutely confident there is totally insufficient evidence to link them to Madel-eine's disappearance and I'm absolutely confident that in the fullness of time they will be fully exonerated," he said.

Mr Winyard "simply could not stand by and watch" as the couple endured the worst possible hell. "I think you have to be a parent to fully understand, to some degree, what they're going through, to understand their loss," he said.

Mr Winyard, who has met Gerry twice and Kate once, said the couple "deeply resented" the allegations made against them in the Portugese press.

"Their main concern is to get their suspect status lifted so that the search for Madeleine can continue.

"Some of the reporting in the British press has been less than fair. The blanket coverage of every aspect of their lives, the littlest things that they do, creates, I think, the impression in people's minds that they are somehow responsible for what happened to Madeleine."

"This is all to do with getting the focus back on finding Madeleine. Both Gerry and Kate have been through an absolute nightmare over the last seven months and they're facing some very difficult weeks with Christmas coming up."

Mr Winyard criticised the lack of public support offered to the McCanns by the Prime Minister. Gordon Brown initially spoke to the McCanns several times on the phone. But since they were declared suspects by the Portugese authorities, lines of communication had come to a halt.

"This government was elected to look after its citizens," said Mr Winyard, "and it's fair to say it's a fundamental principle of our legal system that everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

"With that in mind, I would really strongly urge that Gordon Brown, who has previously been really supportive, accede to our request for a meeting at ministerial level."

He acknowledged that the McCanns' decision to leave their children in their apartment at Praia da Luz while they dined had "divided opinion".

"It is something the McCanns will have to live with," he said.

A Downing Street spokesman said: "We do not comment on ongoing cases.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Stephen Winyard Empty Re: Stephen Winyard

Post by pauline 27.09.12 18:37

Would be interesting to know what Mr Winyard thinks now. Is he still helping out with legal bills, now that the police files are online?
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 28.09.12 1:18

pauline wrote:Would be interesting to know what Mr Winyard thinks now. Is he still helping out with legal bills, now that the police files are online?

It most certainly would! I think that the likes of these wealthy entrepeneurs are not interested in the mccanns as such, and probably see them as a huge hinderance. From their POV they are only interested in themselves which means business/money and whatever they were all doing and dealing with in PDL. All these wealthy entrepreneurs are no doubt very connected to the Symingtons and Howell James, funds, money, property etc

When the likes of Stephen Winyard come into the press stating they could no longer remain silent as "scurrilous allegations" continue to be directed towards Mr and Mrs McCann, they are very worried that the cadaver dogs alerted to property and items associated with the McCann family in 13 different places..... Not because of the mccanns, but because if the mccanns are exposed then they are too

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 14.06.13 6:25

From Missing People website

"Missing People is thrilled to be the chosen charity of this year’s Stobo Castle Musselburgh Ladies Day –a highly popular day in the racing calendar and also one of Scotland’s premier fashion events.
The event, which is held at Musselburgh Racecourse, is truly an event to be seen at, with the coveted ‘Queen of Style’ competition ensuring that it is a truly glamorous occasion.
This year, we are delighted that Stobo Castle will be holding a raffle in aid of Missing People and very kindly match funding everything they raise for the charity.
Stephen Winyard, the Managing Director of Stobo Castle said: “We were drawn to the charity Missing People through work with their Ambassador Kate McCann to raise the profile of the issue of ‘missing’ and offer a lifeline when someone disappears. We are proud to be able to support them at Musselburgh Ladies day this year by not only raising money, but also by highlighting their vital work to those attending this auspicious and glamorous occasion.”
Missing People’s Chief Executive Jo Youle said: “We are honoured and thrilled to be the chosen charity of such a high profile and popular event and have been overwhelmed by the incredibly generous offer of Stobo Castle to match fund everything they raise through the raffle on the day. If your child went missing wouldn’t you want to make sure that everything possible was being done to find them? It is support such as this which means the charity can continue to be a lifeline to missing people and their families by searching, supporting and reuniting.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 14.06.13 7:34

aquila wrote:From Missing People website
. . .. If your child went missing wouldn’t you want to make sure that everything possible was being done to find them? 
Such as looking for it ?  Or does that take second place to organising a raffle ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 14.06.13 8:06

PeterMac wrote:
. . .. If your child went missing wouldn’t you want to make sure that everything possible was being done to find them? 

Such as looking for it ?  Or does that take second place to organising a raffle ?

PeterMac wrote:

with regard the charity, well, let's see their accounts and the amount/proportion of revenues spent on actually helping people.
with regard Winyard.....Shakespeare's "The lady doth protest too much, me thinks"...comes to mind.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 14.06.13 8:07

PeterMac wrote:

Good morning PeterMac,

Here is another snippet from Missing People website...Jo Youles....regarding the £53k recently raised by BHS (British Homes Stores). Before I give the snippet I can't find anything about the sum raised from the London Marathon.

Here is the snippet re BHS

“If your child went missing, you would want the whole world to stop and search.  The funds raised will have a massive impact for our small charity and on behalf of our staff and volunteers, we’d like to thank everyone involved.”

£53k might go towards an £80k director's salary. This charity is endorsed by CEOP, ACPO and ACPOS. I don't know of a 'small' charity in the field of missing people that can boast that. Why oh why are supposedly impartial bodies extending their support and logos to 'our small charity'.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 14.06.13 8:19

"Missing People is thrilled to be the chosen charity of this year’s Stobo Castle Musselburgh Ladies Day –a highly popular day in the racing calendar and also one of Scotland’s premier fashion events.
The event, which is held at Musselburgh Racecourse, is truly an event to be seen at, with the coveted ‘Queen of Style’ competition ensuring that it is a truly glamorous occasion.
This year, we are delighted that Stobo Castle will be holding a raffle in aid of Missing People and very kindly match funding everything they raise for the charity.
Stephen Winyard, the Managing Director of Stobo Castle said: “We were drawn to the charity Missing People through work with their Ambassador Kate McCann to raise the profile of the issue of ‘missing’ and offer a lifeline when someone disappears. We are proud to be able to support them at Musselburgh Ladies day this year by not only raising money, but also by highlighting their vital work to those attending this auspicious and glamorous occasion.”
Missing People’s Chief Executive Jo Youle said: “We are honoured and thrilled to be the chosen charity of such a high profile and popular event and have been overwhelmed by the incredibly generous offer of Stobo Castle to match fund everything they raise through the raffle on the day. If your child went missing wouldn’t you want to make sure that everything possible was being done to find them? It is support such as this which means the charity can continue to be a lifeline to missing people and their families by searching, supporting and reuniting.”

Ahhh, nice one! Is this the next step? - 'through work with their 'Ambassador Kate'  - we're given a new permanent title to use. What with Blacksmith promising to apologise to the McCanns (although only for saying that they sought a 'deal' with Amaral) and Winyard sustaining his approval and a recent publicity storm (everything is being done, has been done and will be done to find Maddie) and now the spotlight on her Excellency the Ambassador. 
It's an uphill job, but the PR is battling on. spin

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 14.06.13 9:12

indeed Tigger PR battling on.

A Prestigious event! never heard of it as I guess would be the case for most people.  I should think every racecourse around the country hold Ladies Day races.

Mussleburgh's Ladies Day.   Might get a showing from Tipsy Gypsy and Suspect List.   ha ha.big grin

Now if Mrs. Ambassador had managed to blag a free day at the races at Ascot I might, have been impressed.  Oh hang on she aint gone and got a seat in The Queen's buggy next week has she?  ha ha ha.

Mussleburgh ladies day is also a big fashion event -  LEAVE THE CARDI at home would be my advice,  and let's hope she doesn't wear those blumin trainers she's mostly photographed in.   Posh (spice) she aint.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 14.06.13 9:46

plebgate wrote:indeed Tigger PR battling on.

A Prestigious event! never heard of it as I guess would be the case for most people.  I should think every racecourse around the country hold Ladies Day races.

Mussleburgh's Ladies Day.   Might get a showing from Tipsy Gypsy and Suspect List.   ha ha.big grin

Now if Mrs. Ambassador had managed to blag a free day at the races at Ascot I might, have been impressed.  Oh hang on she aint gone and got a seat in The Queen's buggy next week has she?  ha ha ha.

Mussleburgh ladies day is also a big fashion event -  LEAVE THE CARDI at home would be my advice,  and let's hope she doesn't wear those blumin trainers she's mostly photographed in.   Posh (spice) she aint.
or those black and white cadavour pants with a high quality green and yellow plastic wrist band and large cotton T shirt featuring a 3 year old girl with/ not with, an ostentatious coloboma faked into the right eye.spin
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 14.06.13 15:15

maybe a cuddle cat fascinator atop her head?

I doubt very much we will see a large hat as her beautiful face (who everyone must be jealous of) should be seen at all times.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 14.06.13 17:44

Now, we can see perhaps why the charity appointed Kate an ambassador. She is earning her keep.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 15.06.13 8:42

getting a millionaire friend to announce they are the chosen charity is hardly imo, earning her keep.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 15.06.13 9:12

plebgate wrote:maybe a cuddle cat fascinator atop her head?

I doubt very much we will see a large hat as her beautiful face (who everyone must be jealous of) should be seen at all times.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 15.06.13 9:16

PeterMac wrote:
plebgate wrote:maybe a cuddle cat fascinator atop her head?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Absolutely wicked.   So, so funny.
Quick get the largest hat possible out for her to wear.  lol.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 15.06.13 13:58

Kate wasn't hired as an ambassador because of her childcare expertise or because she is knowledgeable in the area of missing persons IMO. She was hired to generate publicity which translates to funds for the charity. In that sense, she is earning her keep.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.06.13 14:41

Stephen Fry listed as one of MP Patrons.

A few years ago Jonathan King mentioned he had had lunch with Stephen Fry in an article, would be interesting to know if they still keep in touch and lunch together in light of his connection to a charity.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 15.06.13 17:52

Winyard - who allegedly doesn't know the McCanns  has been an ardent supporter from the start:

From McCannfiles:

7/12/2007

Tycoon Stephen Winyard, who donated £100,000 to help Kate and Gerry McCann clear their names, criticises the Prime Minister for failing to publicly support the couple.
Winyard, who is worth about £30 million and has also offered a £1m reward for the four-year-old's return, said Gordon Brown should have defended the couple after Portuguese police made them "arguidos" - or suspects in the case - three months ago.
The Monaco-based businessman urged Brown to hold a "ministerial level" meeting with Kate and Gerry, both 39, who have faced a barrage of allegations since their return to the UK after Madeleine's disappearance from their holiday apartment in Praia da Luz 220 days ago.

unquote

thinking Ministerial level meeting eh? With of course the McCanns. Did that happen?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.06.13 18:03

Its a lot of money to donate to someone you don't know who were suspects in a crime
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.06.13 20:09

@Tigger
If memory serves me, Mitchell complained that they were offered a meeting at "consular" level ... and denied.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 15.06.13 20:25

Châtelaine wrote:@Tigger
If memory serves me, Mitchell complained that they were offered a meeting at "consular" level ... and denied.

Yes, that's right. I remember reading it somewhere. They were insulted to be offered such low level civil servants. What sort of clout can Winyard have with the government? Why should he of all people demand a ministerial level meeting? Didn't hear Branson about that sort of thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 15.06.13 20:33

some of these people have more money than sense. it says it was a glamorous event  a celeb thing to do this yr perhaps! at least some missing people may get a slice of glamorous help out of it
sheila.edwards

Activity : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.06.13 20:34

found this

It is true that we have requested a meeting with the prime minister to show him the strength of our case, to explain Kate and Gerry's innocence and yet all we've been offered is a medium-level-consular meeting, which we rejected.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.06.13 20:40

Cherry wrote:found this

It is true that we have requested a meeting with the prime minister to show him the strength of our case, to explain Kate and Gerry's innocence and yet all we've been offered is a medium-level-consular meeting, which we rejected.

That's what I meant. Thank you for finding the quote.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 15.06.13 20:46

Cherry wrote:found this

Thanks! I've bookmarked the site, never came across it before. Lots to read of an evening....

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum