The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Who gets to choose the Judges in forthcoming trial? Mm11

Who gets to choose the Judges in forthcoming trial? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Who gets to choose the Judges in forthcoming trial? Mm11

Who gets to choose the Judges in forthcoming trial? Regist10

Who gets to choose the Judges in forthcoming trial?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who gets to choose the Judges in forthcoming trial? Empty Who gets to choose the Judges in forthcoming trial?

Post by Woofer 02.09.12 12:22

This has worried me, purely because of so much political and, one could say, corruption going on in this case.

We know the reputation of the head of the Bar in Portugal (forgotten his name but he`s a known bully and loudmouth) - does he, being head of the Bar, get to choose which Judges preside over the forthcoming trial?

Can people be manipulated by him? Sorry to be so suspicious, but the history of this case has made me so.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Who gets to choose the Judges in forthcoming trial? Empty A corrupt system

Post by Tony Bennett 02.09.12 12:58

Woofer wrote:This has worried me, purely because of so much political and, one could say, corruption going on in this case.

We know the reputation of the head of the Bar in Portugal (forgotten his name but he`s a known bully and loudmouth) - does he, being head of the Bar, get to choose which Judges preside over the forthcoming trial?

Can people be manipulated by him? Sorry to be so suspicious, but the history of this case has made me so.
Woofer, I don't know the answer to your question. I share your pessimism about the choice of judges though.

The criminal trial of Goncal Amaral for allegedly 'filing a false report' was determined by three judges and four jury men and women. I do not know how they all voted (still less how they were selected), but as we know, Dr Amaral was found guilty, against the run of evidence. There are a number of reasons for thinking that this trial was not fair.

Similarly, Dr Amaral's libel claim against Marcos Aragao Correia, the strange, lying lawyer from Madeira, failed for reasons which are not clear. Correia and the academic whom Dr Amaral also claimed against had made manifestly libellous allegations against Dr Amaral. So why was the verdict in favour of Marcos Aragao Correia?

Libel claims in this country may be decided either by a jury or by a judge, depending on a number of factors. I think the decision in this case in Portugal may be being made by either one judge, or a panel of three, I am really not sure.

There have been a number of recent reports about the extent of corruption in Portugal, plus it seems that many Portuguese are so badly off in this eurozone country that they are escaping back to their former colony of Angola:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Who gets to choose the Judges in forthcoming trial? Empty Re: Who gets to choose the Judges in forthcoming trial?

Post by Woofer 02.09.12 14:01

Thanks Tony, things look a bit grim. I just hope Goncalo isn`t being naive when he says he has faith in the Portuguese Justice System.

Thanks for the link to the Wall Street Journal - again, doesn`t look hopeful.

Whatever the outcome, Goncalo and you will always be appreciated by those who hope for justice.
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Who gets to choose the Judges in forthcoming trial? Empty I

Post by aniandr 02.09.12 21:09

I cant see the case falling out negative for amaral. To get compensation you have to have lost something, meaning a financial los somehow. Feeling upset is not a los that Can be compensated by money. I guess This is far beyond my understandig, ore the law is very different in Portugal? You cant get 1 mio pounds for beeing sad and upset. At least not where i come from. Even more they have chosen to be in the medias spotlight, so there Will be books written and words said against them. They cant expect to be in media and then want money every time the Wind blows against Them. A new book by a Danish investigater puts questions to if the parents had a part in Madeleines dissaperence. Is hé to be sued next - if no - why not? Can i be sued for posting on the internet A's Well? If yes, its a Breach of human Rights of freedom of speach -and i deffo dó not Think the mccanns is above that. If its against amaral its should be taken to the court of human Rights, A's The Rights for the mccanns seems more and more absurd, A's the amount of lawyers and money around Them seems to show that the illusion we have of justice for everybody is - Well - an illusion. It shows a huge problem with our overall law system. And a basic Breach to the human Right of fair trial.
aniandr

Activity : 187

Back to top Go down

Who gets to choose the Judges in forthcoming trial? Empty Re: Who gets to choose the Judges in forthcoming trial?

Post by uppatoffee 02.09.12 21:17

I think I read on another forum that the case will be heard by 3 judges, there will not be a jury this time. Not sure who appoints them though.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Activity : 645

Back to top Go down

Who gets to choose the Judges in forthcoming trial? Empty The corrupt Marinho Pinto

Post by Tony Bennett 03.09.12 10:29

Woofer, regarding possible corruption in the forthcoming trial of Goncalo Amaral, these postings I put together about Pinto might also be of interest:

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 03.09.12 11:44

Tony Bennett wrote:Woofer, regarding possible corruption in the forthcoming trial of Goncalo Amaral, these postings I put together about Pinto might also be of interest:

[url=https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t4284-mccann-v-amaral-trial-marinho-pinto-will-give-evidence-in-person-for-the-mccanns-against-goncalo-amaral-in-the-final-chapter-of-this-3-year-long-libel-claim
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/quote[/url]]

Thanks Tony - much appreciate you, and others, for cataloging all this info.

Seems they are out to get Goncalo because he has exposed corruption in the past, and is himself incorruptible.

I just hope the ethical people in the Portuguese Justice system outweigh the corrupt. There must be some decent ones that can see what`s going on surely? Lets pray the good ones are courageous enough to get behind Goncalo.
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Who gets to choose the Judges in forthcoming trial? Empty Three wise men/women

Post by sharonl 03.09.12 16:44

NEWS JUST IN: A Portuguese contact in the know confirms that it will indeed be THREE judges who hear the case, NONE of them will have heard any part of this case before, and their names are not yet known apparently
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11199

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 03.09.12 17:06

sharonl wrote:NEWS JUST IN: A Portuguese contact in the know confirms that it will indeed be THREE judges who hear the case, NONE of them will have heard any part of this case before, and their names are not yet known apparently

Thanks Sharoni. I just hope they are uncorruptible and that they`re courageous enough to stand up to Pinto.
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum