The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

FORCA GONCALO Mm11

FORCA GONCALO Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

FORCA GONCALO Mm11

FORCA GONCALO Regist10

FORCA GONCALO

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FORCA GONCALO Empty FORCA GONCALO

Post by Cristobell 01.09.12 14:58

In support of Goncalo and the forthcoming trial:

I was saddened to see the recent images of Goncalo Amaral, the former Portuguese Police inspector, who had the misfortune to pick up the poisoned chalice that was the case of the missing child, Madeleine McCann. I can only hope that his drastic weight loss is the result of dieting and healthy living, rather than the living nightmare he has endured in his quest to find justice for a tiny, vulnerable child who mysteriously vanished from a small, tranquil resort in the beautiful Algarve.

Within moments of the child disappearing, a media campaign, the like of which we have never seen before, began in earnest. With a Sky news channel dedicated to the hastily assembled Team McCann, we were continually fed daily, and sometimes hourly, updates, on the plight of the grieving parents, and the incompetence of the sardine munchers, who were doing nothing to help them.

None were attacked so viciously as the Inspector in charge of the case, who bore the brunt of News International's powerful and sinister, unique brand of interpreting news to the satisfaction of its proprietor.

In September 2007, Goncalo resigned, his career and reputation in tatters. He had no option but to set the record straight, and rightly so. When we leave this world, all that's left is a few trinkets and our reputation, and in the end our reputation is the only thing that really matters.

In his book 'The Truth of Lie' he gives an honest account of the events, as they occurred, in the summer of 2007. An account that tallies, almost verbatim, with the police files that were released following the shelving of the investigation. An investigation that had been seriously hampered by the overwhelming media attention and the scurrilous slurs of a newspaper industry that has since been found corrupt.

Goncalo Amaral was not a police chief with an immaculate uniform and shiny buttons, he worked overlong hours, he jeopardised his marriage, he is human. However, he has never stopped caring about the plight of a lost little girl and his humanity shines through. In his book he is gracious, and compassionate to the parents, he understood their loss, despite the viciousness of their campaign against him.

On 13th September the trial begins. The McCanns are demanding £1.2m in damages from the man whose life they have virtually destroyed. May justice prevail, Forca, strength to you Goncalo.

'Today the only person prosecuted in the case of the disappearance of little Madeleine McCann is the officer who conducted the investigation' Honorary Chief Commissioner of the National French Police
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

FORCA GONCALO Empty Re: FORCA GONCALO

Post by tiny 01.09.12 15:11

Cristobell ,[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 01.09.12 15:13

Oh, that`s so well written Christobel - you have put into words the thoughts of so many of us.

I wish this write-up could be published in the media - its about time people started putting in writing their praise for Goncalo in media articles. In fact, I wish Goncalo could have billionaire benefactors like TM, but it seems most of the billionaires only support dodgey people, but they probably only got to be billionaires through being dodgey in the first place !

Well done you[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

IMO your write-up should be tweeted far and wide - can anyone do this?
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 01.09.12 15:17

I feel Dr Goncalo Amaral will appreciate such a touching and beautifully written piece in his honor, Cristobell. I agree with everything you have written. Thank you! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 01.09.12 15:25

Good luck Snr Amaral. May truth win the day [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 01.09.12 15:40

Does anyone have contact details for Sr Amaral?

it would be nice to send him a good luck card.

Would be great to see a pic of him with a sack of post from well wishers in the media rather than one of kate in another charity run for the Fund
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 01.09.12 15:46

pauline wrote:Does anyone have contact details for Sr Amaral?

Would be great to see a pic of him with a sack of post from well wishers in the media rather than one of kate in another charity run for the Fund

That's an excellent idea Pauline. Perhaps if Sr Amaral does not want his address printed on the internet someone like Joana Morais could arrange for the cards to be sent directly to a Portugese newspaper, who could then pass them on to him on our behalf. I will leave a message on Joana Morais's blog spot.

He really needs all the support he can get. What do people think?

ETA: I forgot to add, what a splendid post Cristobell. You have summed everything up that we all wanted to say.
Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 01.09.12 15:52

Newintown wrote:
pauline wrote:Does anyone have contact details for Sr Amaral?

That's an excellent idea Pauline. Perhaps if Sr Amaral does not want his address printed on the internet someone like Joana Morais could arrange for the cards to be sent directly to a Portugese newspaper, who could then pass them on to him on our behalf. I will leave a message on Joana Morais's blog spot.

He really needs all the support he can get. What do people think?

ETA: I forgot to add, what a splendid post Cristobell. You have summed everything up that we all wanted to say.

I say its a good idea,Mr Amaral deserves every bit of support after what he has been through at the hands of the mccanns and english newspapers
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 01.09.12 15:57

I have sent an email to Joana. I will post up her reply when I hear from her. Being the weekend she may take a few days to reply, perhaps if anyone has a direct contact to her (phone number etc) they could ask her on our behalf.

Thanks.
Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 01.09.12 16:09

I'm glad my idea is liked. Does Sr amaral speak much English? - would like to put in a short note with my card. I think its best if all cards go to one address, then a photo opportunity can be organised for the handing over. Maybe a few visual gifts would help too - teddy bear whatever.
pauline
pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 01.09.12 16:14

pauline wrote:I'm glad my idea is liked. Does Sr amaral speak much English? - would like to put in a short note with my card. I think its best if all cards go to one address, then a photo opportunity can be organised for the handing over. Maybe a few visual gifts would help too - teddy bear whatever.

I don't think he does speak much English, I will put your idea to Joana regarding a photo opportunity, if and when I hear from her. Sometimes she seems to disappear for long periods of time.
Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.09.12 16:19

Excellent post Cristobell thumbsup

HiDeHo has sent many good wishes messages to Goncalo from this forum where members have posted their cards and messages to him, perhaps she could help us out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 01.09.12 17:38

'Today the only person prosecuted in the case of the disappearance of little Madeleine McCann is the officer who conducted the investigation' Honorary Chief Commissioner of the National French Police. (Christabel)

Is that so Christabel? French? It's a fact that the French weren't taken in by the story.

Pauline and Christabel and Candyfloss ..... what a brilliant idea! Can't wait, I can get some friends from here to send cards as well. A portuguese friend of mine will translate the message.

Dr. Amaral certainly hasn't profited from his book - I hope this will soon change.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 01.09.12 18:10

pauline wrote:I'm glad my idea is liked. Does Sr amaral speak much English? - would like to put in a short note with my card. I think its best if all cards go to one address, then a photo opportunity can be organised for the handing over. Maybe a few visual gifts would help too - teddy bear whatever.
A Teddy Bear? For the head of a missing child investigation?

I have one hand either side of my head and shaking it. I may shed a tear. A Teddy Bear for GA. Has this forum gone mad?
Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 01.09.12 18:48

Spaniel wrote:

I have one hand either side of my head and shaking it. I may shed a tear. A Teddy Bear for GA. Has this forum gone mad?

Context Spaniel. The suggestion wasn't to get him a teddy bear and that's it. I took Pauline's post as sounding out ideas for "visual gifts" hence the "whatever" after the teddy bear. Do you have any suggestions?
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 01.09.12 18:52

ShuBob wrote:
Spaniel wrote:

Context Spaniel. The suggestion wasn't to get him a teddy bear and that's it. I took Pauline's post as sounding out ideas for "visual gifts" hence the "whatever" after the teddy bear. Do you have any suggestions?

ShuBob - thats exactly what I meant. the McCanns are masters of photo opportunities and Amaral receiving a load of letters isn't the most interesting picture so something(s) visually attractive would help plus maybe someone well known and/or attractive handing over the cards and gifts to him. Has he any well known supporters?
pauline
pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 01.09.12 19:09

Pauline, I don't think it's necessary for Amaral to play the sort of PR games the McCanns play. He knows he has support even though his detractors would like the uninformed to think otherwise. Aside from that, he has TRUTH on his side. Hopefully, that'll be all that matters.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 01.09.12 19:11

pauline wrote:
ShuBob wrote:
Spaniel wrote:

ShuBob - thats exactly what I meant. the McCanns are masters of photo opportunities and Amaral receiving a load of letters isn't the most interesting picture so something(s) visually attractive would help plus maybe someone well known and/or attractive handing over the cards and gifts to him. Has he any well known supporters?

Red carnations, as were handed out at the previous court case. But big displays of them. I'll donate gladly.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 01.09.12 19:21

Yes, a repetition of the handing out of red carnations outside court will be a good idea. Even the McCanns were offered the flowers last time [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 01.09.12 19:24

ShuBob wrote:Pauline, I don't think it's necessary for Amaral to play the sort of PR games the McCanns play. He knows he has support even though his detractors would like the uninformed to think otherwise. Aside from that, he has TRUTH on his side. Hopefully, that'll be all that matters.

Totally agree. Plus he`s a reserved character and doesn`t seem to like the limelight. I wouldn`t try and copy the McCann`s PR tactics either - keep things in good taste.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 01.09.12 19:29

I think a large bag - or several - and a large bunch of flowers would be good. Especially if it was clear how many letters or cards were there in total. Also that a lot will come from GB (Great Britain that is not GB)

I can vouch for up to twenty by getting friends and relatives to send one, I'll do that by getting the cards and stamps myself and shoving them under their noses to sign and address....

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 01.09.12 19:56

ShuBob wrote:
Spaniel wrote:

A visual gift? What he has to be seen receiving/holding it? Next will it be flowers in plastic wrapping, a la Diana?

Yes I have a suggestion. Leave the man, the tough cop, to salvage whatever dignity he has left. Hope within our minds that he triumphs in his court case.

You wouldn't send Redwood or Slipper of the Yard good wishes!! The World's gone soft!
Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 01.09.12 20:10

Spaniel wrote:
ShuBob wrote:
Spaniel wrote:

A visual gift? What he has to be seen receiving/holding it? Next will it be flowers in plastic wrapping, a la Diana?

Yes I have a suggestion. Leave the man, the tough cop, to salvage whatever dignity he has left. Hope within our minds that he triumphs in his court case.

You wouldn't send Redwood or Slipper of the Yard good wishes!! The World's gone soft!

I was thinking more of having these delivered at whatever office he is using. Not actually getting him photographed with a bunch of daisies and a pile of postcards. That would be embarrassing.
Just to get pictures in the papers to show that Amaral has a lot of support in the UK and elsewhere. To counteract the holy McCanns.
Getting such pictures published in the newspapers is another story, but it's worth a try imo. It will certainly make the general public think there is another side to this case.

It won't make any difference to the case - it's just an opportunity to widen the cracks in the wall as it were.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 01.09.12 20:16

I just want him to know that he is supported, that we are not all fawning over the McCanns.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.09.12 20:17

Nina wrote:I just want him to know that he is supported, that we are not all fawning over the McCanns.

Dr Goncalo Amaral do Souza is on Facebook
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum