The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 Mm11

Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 Mm11

Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 Regist10

Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is Operation Grange a no-holds-barred search for the truth re Madeleine?

Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 17 ]
Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 16 ]
Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 33 ]
Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap27%Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 68 ]
Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap46%Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 114 ]

Total Votes : 248

Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?

Post by jd 01.06.12 14:29

I heard somewhere that clarence mitchell gave his evidence privately. Not sure how true this is though
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?

Post by Guest 01.06.12 14:36

jd wrote:I heard somewhere that clarence mitchell gave his evidence privately. Not sure how true this is though

I don't think that can be right, otherwise they would all choose to do that wouldn't they, instead of being on the telly in front of millions, being grilled and squirming in their seats.Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 110921
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 01.06.12 14:44

candyfloss wrote:
jd wrote:I heard somewhere that clarence mitchell gave his evidence privately. Not sure how true this is though

I don't think that can be right, otherwise they would all choose to do that wouldn't they, instead of being on the telly in front of millions, being grilled and squirming in their seats.Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 110921

I know, but I am sure they said it on the BBC News 24 that he just submitted his so called 'evidence' and was never called up to appear. I just remember thinking how corrupt this was. I could well be wrong but I am sure this is what they said...unless I dreamt it
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 01.06.12 19:35

http://www.prweek.com/uk/news/1116614/Clarence-Mitchell-speaks-following-Leveson-Inquiry/?DCMP=ILC-SEARCH

Mitchell, who is Burson-Marsteller's MD, added that he did not rule out being called up to speak in the inquiry in the future.

though further down it says:

W Communications founder Warren Johnson added: ‘The appearances of Max Clifford and Clarence Mitchell before the Leveson inquiry have highlighted the surprisingly low turn out from the rest of the PR industry.
-------
I think he has not been called, just made comments
friedtomatoes

Activity : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 01.06.12 19:44

What I am sure I heard on News 24 was over the last 10 days
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.06.12 19:44

I'm sure I read that Pinky [for insiders] Clarence Mitchell HAS testified, but not before camera.
Cannot find a link at the moment, sorry.
Or, maybe, I've just misunderstood at the time and reference with was to his witness statement ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.06.12 20:07

Here are all the people with initial M for surname that have given evidence.........

m

DI Mark MaberlyMurdoch MacLennanLisa MacLeodDCI John Macdonald
Lord Macdonald QCKelvin MackenzieDeputy Commissioner Craig MackeyMahzer Mahmood
Mazher MahmoodMake Justice WorkManish MalhotraKit Malthouse
Lord MandelsonDavid MannionAndrew MarrIan Marratt
Sharon MarshallSharron MarshallDr Rob MawbyTheresa May MP
Peter McCallGerry McCannKate McCannMaria McGeoghan
Ian McGregorPaul McKeeverJohn McLellanPaul McMullan
Media Standards TrustMedia Wise TrustKip MeekProfessor Maire Messenger Davies
Metropolitan Police ServiceSir Christopher MeyerFrederic MichelMicrosoft
T/ACC Russell MiddletonMigrant and Refugee Communities ForumAndrew MillerSienna Miller
Heather MillsThomas MockridgeDominic MohanDr Martin Moore
Gareth MorganGary MorganPiers MorganNeil Morrissey
Max MosleyVincent MossWill MoyMark Moylan
John MulhollandJohn MullinAndrew MullinsJames Murdoch
Rupert Murdoch

http://www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/evidence/
James MurrayColin Myler

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 01.06.12 20:09

Châtelaine wrote:I'm sure I read that Pinky [for insiders] Clarence Mitchell HAS testified, but not before camera.
Cannot find a link at the moment, sorry.
Or, maybe, I've just misunderstood at the time and reference with was to his witness statement ...

Yes this is what I am sure I heard them say on News 24. It rings a bell that I have knowledge we will never see him testify on camera
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 01.06.12 22:12

During the testimony of McCann supporter Sir Christopher Meyer at the Leveson Inquiry, he did respond to a question by saying he understood (or was it believed?) Clarence Mitchell WOULD also be testifying at the inquiry. It is common knowledge that certain witnesses have elected to give evidence "off camera" for a variety of reasons and their names are not listed as witnesses.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.06.12 22:19

ShuBob wrote:During the testimony of McCann supporter Sir Christopher Meyer at the Leveson Inquiry, he did respond to a question by saying he understood (or was it believed?) Clarence Mitchell WOULD also be testifying at the inquiry. It is common knowledge that certain witnesses have elected to give evidence "off camera" for a variety of reasons.

So how would that work then I wonder? How can that be fair to those who are on camera. Some have gone through intense grilling sessions, namely the Murdochs and Rebecah Brooks and a lot more in front of the millions of viewing public. Did they get a choice, and if they didn't why not? How could some ask not to be on camera? Surely that is not a fair way to conduct proceedings?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 Empty A case of high secuirty?

Post by Tony Bennett 01.06.12 22:23

ShuBob wrote:During the testimony of McCann supporter Sir Christopher Meyer at the Leveson Inquiry, he did respond to a question by saying he understood (or was it believed?) Clarence Mitchell WOULD also be testifying at the inquiry. It is common knowledge that certain witnesses have elected to give evidence "off camera" for a variety of reasons and their names are not listed as witnesses.
ShuBob, IF it is the case that some can give evidence ON camera, whilst others can give it OFF camera, I do not for one moment think that they can simply 'elect' - choose - to do so.

It's far more likely, surely, that certain people have applied for - and been given - PERMISSION to give evidence off camera.

Perhaps citing something like 'security reasons'?

If Colin Myler, former NOTW editor, can give evidence about conversations with Clarence Mitchell ON camera, though, I don't see why Clarence Michell should be able to get away with not being challenged about HIS evidence ON camera as well

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 01.06.12 22:28

I have no idea Candyfloss. I do believe in the case of certain journalists, they feared censure from their employers and only agreed to testify anonymously. I don't see how that particular argument would apply to Clarence Mitchell but there you go. Having said that, he may or may not have appeared at the inquiry but I suspect he has.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 01.06.12 22:30

ShuBob wrote:During the testimony of McCann supporter Sir Christopher Meyer at the Leveson Inquiry, he did respond to a question by saying he understood (or was it believed?) Clarence Mitchell WOULD also be testifying at the inquiry. It is common knowledge that certain witnesses have elected to give evidence "off camera" for a variety of reasons and their names are not listed as witnesses.

If there is a police/political view that the McCanns have not been cleared but that a future court case might be pending, some time, then perhaps, since Clarence claimed his phone had not been hacked, there was no valid reason for calling him. He had not been attacked at any time by the press, nor made fun of. Only in the real world was he nicknamed pinky.

The authorities might be letting the McCanns show themselves and do not want to press Pinky in case he blows the chances of a conviction by letting crucial information be drawn from him.

They are perhaps keeping him for desserts....pink blancmange, pink semolina. Look how the police let the revolting show of the philpotts go on screen.

Give them enough rope.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 01.06.12 22:32

Tony Bennett wrote:
ShuBob, IF it is the case that some can give evidence ON camera, whilst others can give it OFF camera, I do not for one moment think that they can simply 'elect' - choose - to do so.

It's far more likely, surely, that certain people have applied for - and been given - PERMISSION to give evidence off camera.

Perhaps citing something like 'security reasons'?

If Colin Myler, former NOTW editor, can give evidence about conversations with Clarence Mitchell ON camera, though, I don't see why Clarence Michell should be able to get away with not being challenged about HIS evidence ON camera as well

Yes. I didn't put my point across well. That's what I should have said.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 27.11.12 10:08

With the recent newspaper report on Hewlett, I think this thread is worth reading through from the start.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 27.11.12 10:13

aquila wrote:With the recent newspaper report on Hewlett, I think this thread is worth reading through from the start.
Yes, the substantial proportion of people who voted 'Definitely not' in the poll seem to be being proved right!

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.11.12 10:42

You have to log in and read - this from Mark Watts, Journalist, broadcaster and author. Editor-in-Chief of Exaro, the investigative website.

exaronews.com

Mark Watts‏@MarkWatts_1

Overlooked by media, News International’s lobbying + political interference re police review of Madeleine #McCann case. http://www.exaronews.com/articles/4727/news-international-lobbied-david-cameron-over-police-review …

ExaroNews‏@ExaroNews

Lord Harris, former chairman of Metropolitan Police Authority: #McCann review is eg of “direct political interference”. http://www.exaronews.com/articles/4727/news-international-lobbied-david-cameron-over-police-review …

Mark Watts‏@MarkWatts_1

Revealed: how News International strong-armed David Cameron into ordering police review of Madeleine #McCann’s case. http://www.exaronews.com/articles/4727/news-international-lobbied-david-cameron-over-police-review …
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 27.11.12 14:01

Well, following candyfloss's discovery of the ExoraNews website, I have registered and logged in.

It does not seem possible, however, to copy and paste any of the four articles relating to Operation Grange, nor even to print them off. So here's a quick summary of what I found there:

+++++++++++++++++++++

The website is called Exaro News.

Its strapline is 'Holding Power to Account'.

A Mr Mark Watts is its Editor-in-Chief

The wesbite features FOUR articles, all dated today, by a comhibation of these three journalists: David Hencke, Frederica Whitehead, and Hui Shan Khoo.

David Hencke was long-time correspondent on health, welfare and social issues for The Guardian newspape, and very much respected for his work, winning several awards.

Exora and its journalists seem to have homed in on the strange issue of how the UK's Prime Minister, David Cameron, was bounced into announcing a very expensive review into the Madeleine McCann case on the very day that Dr Kate McCann published her book, 'madeleine'.

These items emerge in one or more of the four articles:

* Lord Harris, former Chairman of the Met Police, said the review was set up 'because of political interference'

* Lord Harris queried why the Met volunteered to do this review as 'the case had no connection with London'

* Lord Harris said that at the same time as News International bounced the police into carrying out this review, Cameron was stressing how Police and Crime Commissioners and Chief Constables should be ‘operationally independent’

* Len Duvall, a recent Chairman of the Met Police Authority, asked the question: if they want an extension to the review, do they actually have worthwhile new leads to follow up?

* The McCanns say they did not participate in News International’s lobbying (which they admit they did do) of David Cameron to get a review – but after two Home Secretaries refused to hold a review, the McCanns said that News Interrnational’s involvement ‘tipped the balance’

* Paul McKeever, Chairman of the Police Federation ,said: "It’s up to the officers to decide whether to go on" i.e. it's now an operational decision

* Gerry McCann told Leveson he’d had a 'couple of meetings' with Rebekah Brooks and Will Lewis from News International

* John O’Connor (regularly appears to give comment on crime to SKY, takes the Murdoch shilling) said: “It would be criminal to abandon the investigation if they have good leads”

* Leveson received a ‘confidential briefing’ about NI’s private lobbying of David Cameron

* Rebekah Brooks of News Internatioanl said that News International ‘persuaded’ Cameron to set up the Madeleine McCann Review, they did not threaten him

* Cameron told Leverson: “I do not remember any specific pressure being put on me”.

* Rebekah Brooks and Dominic Mohan spoke to Theresa May, Home Secretary, shortly before she agreed to persuade the Met Police to hold a review. That matter had been discussed within ACPO for some time.

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 27.11.12 14:42

Did Rebekah Brooks THREATEN David Cameron? - McCann Scotland Yard Review -

Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 Reply
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 27.11.12 15:28

How many erms, errs, and, and, ands have we seen before? Educated, supposedly erudite people just crumble when asked to tell the truth. It really ought to have a caption competition..think bubbles in synch with what comes out of the mouth.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.11.12 17:37

The strangest thing is that RB 'couldn't remember' how much was paid to the McCanns for the serialisation of the book...when Robert Jay suggested £1 million pounds she denied saying half a million maybe - I cannot remember. Such a huge amount being paid out yet she couldn't remember????

Mark Watts‏@MarkWatts_1

@Bridgiew @MarkWatts_1 Far be it from me to give away Leveson team's confidential source. But strange that Rebekah could not remember.

Mark Watts‏@MarkWatts_1

@Bridgiew @MarkWatts_1 Robert Jay QC suggested to Rebekan Brooks £1m. She denied, saying: "Half a million, maybe. I cannot remember."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.11.12 2:24

Would Jay put that across to her if he didn't have a very reliable source? I don't think so!

For Rebekah to first deny, then came up with a much lower figure is bare face lying IMO.

You either remember the sum, be it whatever it be, or you don't. No two ways about it.
If she can remember the figure, 1/2mil is nonetheless a hugh sum, she should have said so definitively. Then her "I don't remember" is not necessary - it's thrown in just to cover her lie. Preparing a fall back for herself so to speak.

I believe Jay is not fooled.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers 06.03.13 23:58

What has become of Operation Grange? I see the home secretary Theresa May is being touted as a potential leader of theTories if they fail to win the next general election. She'll not want anything too controversial on her watch now so will probably kick it into the long grass.
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers 27.03.13 23:08

It's starting to annoy me now this Operation Grange business. What is going on - public spending cutbacks left, right and centre and this review just cruises along with no sense of urgency or finality whilst consuming taxpayer's millions.
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 27.03.13 23:39

roy rovers wrote:It's starting to annoy me now this Operation Grange business. What is going on - public spending cutbacks left, right and centre and this review just cruises along with no sense of urgency or finality whilst consuming taxpayer's millions.

Is Operation Grange, the 37-strong Scotland Yard Review Team reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth?  - Page 3 Pi1 The wider agenda

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top