The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Mm11

what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Mm11

what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Regist10

What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'?

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What made YOU disbelieve the abduction hypothesis?

what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_lcap67%what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 102 ]
what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_lcap0%what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_lcap6%what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 9 ]
what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_lcap8%what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 13 ]
what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_lcap5%what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 8 ]
what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_lcap2%what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]
what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_lcap1%what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_lcap1%what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_lcap2%what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]
what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_lcap8%what made - What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 153

solved What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'?

Post by rainbow-fairy 20.12.11 19:40

From 4th May 07, I have been of the opinion that, to put it bluntly, the McCanns have been very economical with the truth. The facts surrounding the disappearance of Madeleine Beth McCann are far from being revealed yet.
Whether it be gut instinct, reading body language etc I just don't know, all I do know is that I smelt a rat!
I'm aware that there are quite a few posters here who initially took the story at face value and some of you donated before becoming suspicious. I'd really like to know what or who made you revise your opinion. As I came at it from a different angle I find it fascinating - I can't even ask anyone I know IRL, as I literally do not know anyone who has ever believed it. Maybe we're just a cynical bunch round my way! Wink
Nothing I have heard or read since has made me waver in my belief that Madeleine Beth McCann was not abducted by a stranger.
Looking forward to hearing what changed things for you...

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

solved Re: What made YOU doubt the McCann's 'abduction hypothesis'?

Post by Gillyspot 20.12.11 19:42

Is this private so idiots can't do what they did with the last poll by voting as a guest?

Voted BTW lol big grin

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 20.12.11 20:01

'They've taken her'. I heard this in the first report about the abduction, I hadn't seen the woman, saw no television, just a report on the internet. Pretty well the last thing a mother would say in that situation I then knew she'd done it.
Soon after that the weird people observing the children that week had to be invented to qualify that first statement. But that in itself is irrational, because if one had seen suspicious characters around the place, surely leaving children alone in the dark, with the door open, isn't exactly rational?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 20.12.11 20:01

What made YOU disbelieve the abduction hypothesis?

The fact that it is impossible to go out for the evening leaving 3 small children home alone and be confident that they will will not come to any harm, unless of course you are 100% certain that they will not wake up.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11199

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 20.12.11 20:02

Gillyspot wrote:Is this private so idiots can't do what they did with the last poll by voting as a guest?

Voted BTW lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Is it private? I didn't know - I just posted it up as a new topic. I was so angry when trolls invaded my poll!!! It was my very first foray here, and what a disaster! I was angry with myself not the trolls though! As soon as it happened, I could see where I went wrong. I've been much, much more careful with the wording in this one! Only for those who disbelieve the abduction story... If trolls do vote, they are answering with an anti-abduction reply. Probably they are stupid enough to do it Wink We shall have to see...
Thanks for voting, Gillyspot!

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 20.12.11 20:07

What changed my support the poor parents mantra? Doubts, niggling doubts, and questions that were not answered with anything but excuses, but just in my mind not spoken or written about. So I didn't donate any more and read what I could, and now feel rather foolish because I was taken in hook line and sinker for a time.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by mrscee 20.12.11 20:17

Oh it's so hard to choose just one! I chose the mccanns themselves and their demeanour, because that's what first set me off on the sceptical path, reading the Truth of the Lie, and finally led me here to this forum.

Activity : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 20.12.11 20:19

What first changed my mind was reading their statements.....it was obvious after reading these and at the time I was very surprised to say the least

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 20.12.11 20:32

The McCann's very unnatural behaviour, right from the word go.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

solved earrings

Post by russiandoll 20.12.11 21:13

sounds silly and judgmental, but I found the changing jewellery strange under the circumstances, then I noticed their demeanour, then I read about inconsistencies and implausible behaviour, read on forums and read the files, it was the book Madeleine though that made me furious and actually angry and upset enough to want to say a few things.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by puzzled 20.12.11 21:13

Not sure whether this counts as 'other' or 'the McCanns themselves' but it was basically the way they started marketing her as a product, turning the whole thing into a money making racket. This just didn't seem like the kind of thing grieving parents would do.

Activity : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyc 20.12.11 21:20

The fact that they went out jogging, amongst other things, whilst the Police and volunteers were searching for Madeleine. I will never forget the news images of them carrying on as normal barely a day after the 'abduction'. You wouldn't have been able to lift me off the floor if that was my child.
sammyc
sammyc

Activity : 383

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 20.12.11 21:23

sammyc wrote:The fact that they went out jogging, amongst other things, whilst the Police and volunteers were searching for Madeleine. I will never forget the news images of them carrying on as normal barely a day after the 'abduction'. You wouldn't have been able to lift me off the floor if that was my child.

You and me both sammyc

JD I also agree that Kate taking time to choose her clothes and do make up and jewellery is at the very least extraordinary for a parent of an abducted child (surely worse than bereavement if Page 129 is anything to go on)

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly 20.12.11 22:34

For me I was slow one I never followed the case up close, Do not read papers, But for me it was the symbolism used in the campaign, I take an interest in symbolism in corporate logos, and I was seeing it coming up in this case , ( we had tv's at work no sound just pictures) and I thought the people involved were in the know well connected to the Elite, The people behind the campaign for me were aware and I was always waiting for the Big Brother society ie create a problem , get a reaction , offer the solution , and the whole Amber alert then was being mentioned, And that's when the Mccanns were promoting it, WHY ? look after your kids in the first place ! I started to look on you tube for original early day interviews where they were coming out of villa and giving message every day cant seem to get a lot on that, and i just kept seeing messages on you tube saying watch Amarals video, Which I did and that confirmed it , Amarals book has the symbolism on it as well, and what was Gerry thinking with his wide agenda chart , most people draw boxes or bubbles his was masonic looking compass's

dragonfly
dragonfly

Activity : 367

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie 20.12.11 23:06

I didn't follow it all much in the early days when Madeleine went missing. Saw bits on the news and thought the parents were a bit odd. Certainly didn't donate to the fund. Then I saw the 'ask the dogs Sandra' interview, watching their body language and other little things made me think they weren't being truthful.
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 20.12.11 23:20

I was not a believer as such but as I don't read papers and avoid the news most of the time I knew very little about Madeleine's disappearance - just that she had been taken by someone. I remember talking about it when I saw something on television and commented that it was sad and I felt very sorry for the McCanns. I never donated because I didn't know there was a Fund, not sure I would have anyway. It was only because my partner said that they were involved in Madeleine's disappearance (well not those actual words but you will get the drift) and I protested that he was very cruel - they must be going through torment. Time and again we discussed it until eventually I started to do some searching and found the AnnaEsse site and read and searched for other material. It soon became apparent to me that the statements made by T9 didn't make a lot of sense and I saw lots of contradictions. This really convinced me that instead of telling the Truth so that the Police could help find Madeleine their statements didn't ring true.But it made no sense to me until i stopped believing it was an abduction. It was around late 2008 I think that I felt I had to join a site and find out more.

As "dragonfly" says - the McCanns were doing all the wrong things.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 21.12.11 3:36

Thank you all for some fantastic responses. Its fascinating to find out how we all arrived at the point we are at today, CMOMM members trying to get to the truth.
I note that some have said along the lines of 'it sounds silly, but...' When this is said, its usually gut instinct at work, far more valuable and reliable than some of us credit. Its also not easy to stand up against a massive media campaign like the McCanns have run. I salute each and every one of you!
I wonder if we'll get new members disgusted by the treatment of 'sceptics' by Jeremy Vine???

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 21.12.11 7:04

Because as a retired policeman I knew that the probability of it's having happened was vanishingly small, so I started looking for the evidence to support the hypothesis, and found that there was none.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 21.12.11 8:02

russiandoll wrote:sounds silly and judgmental, but I found the changing jewellery strange under the circumstances, then I noticed their demeanour, then I read about inconsistencies and implausible behaviour, read on forums and read the files, it was the book Madeleine though that made me furious and actually angry and upset enough to want to say a few things.

Could you tell me about the jewellery? I have heard something about earrings but nothing else. Thanks.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.12.11 8:53

Gillyspot wrote:
sammyc wrote:The fact that they went out jogging, amongst other things, whilst the Police and volunteers were searching for Madeleine. I will never forget the news images of them carrying on as normal barely a day after the 'abduction'. You wouldn't have been able to lift me off the floor if that was my child.

You and me both sammyc

JD I also agree that Kate taking time to choose her clothes and do make up and jewellery is at the very least extraordinary for a parent of an abducted child (surely worse than bereavement if Page 129 is anything to go on)

I could have selected every option but sammyc and JD are the biggies for me. No doubt in the light of our opinions there will will be a 2012 strategy now to overcome our 'pitchforking'. Look forward to reading the spin to specifically deal with these precise points.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13360

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 21.12.11 9:14

I could tick nearly all the options on the poll! Like Petermac, on the very first news bulletin I knew that the chance of Madeleine being taken in the manner the McCanns claimed was miniscule, and from that very instance every single thing has been the opposite of "normal" or "acceptable". A list of the main annoyances:

Leaving children - when I heard that a largish party of Doctors left their children, all under 4 whilst they fed their faces, I thought these people are ALL either stupid or exceptionally selfish. As Doctors, it particularly stood out as wrong.

No physical searching, well maybe an hour or two!

The pre-prepared appearance of statements, photos from the off set.

Body language and demeanour of parents, they looked shifty and guilty.

The degree of inconsistencies from the outset, coupled with the demanding nature of the parents that an abduction was the only option AND claiming early on no-one was doing anything, when hoardes of police and locals were scouring every inch whilst the parents jogged and fannied around.

Leaving the twins so early to go on pointless attention seeking trips.

THE FUND!!!!!

Disobeying instructions of the police re: THE EYE. Why do something that the police have warned you would be a death warrant for your child?

Everything about these people has come accross as deceitful, arrogant and just plain wrong.

Not one element of the official version is plausable PLUS, the gutless media which has refused to pick up on the myriad inconsistencies and the greed for money. Also with all the help the MC's have had from spokespeople, wealthy backers etc the chances of hiring TWO corrupt PI agencies is non-exsistent.

The dogs, FSS findings, phone records etc ....there is just no end to the pantomime, the SY review looks like it's going to be a whitewash and frankly the whole thing smells worse than rotting meat and nappies!

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.12.11 9:38

In the very beginning I was totally feeling sorry for the parents. Mainly I guess because I thought, it could have been us. We went to spain and portugal on holiday with two small children. I am forever scared of stranger abduction. (long story, but in my childhood a girl of my age was kidnapped walking from school, in our small village near the Hague, and she was later found dead and abused. My parents didn't tell me the details, I was 9 at the time, but I felt the horror of it, so I know " black swans" do exist.)
Anyway. I started looking after a while for answers on internet, hoping for Madeleine to be found.
Then I came across the mcann files, 3a and several blogs. And this site! And my logic kicked in. All things considered (but mostly statistics, the evasiveness from the parents and their friends, the lying, the total lack of evidence for an abduction, the impossible timeframe, the indications from the dogs) spoke against stranger abduction. I do not think the behaviour of the parents (jogging, juwelery, calm e.g) nessecarily points to guilt. They could just be really (really) weird people. I think she died from a fit of rage from one of the parents, or maybe an accident. Also I do not rule out one of the tapas being the guilty one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.12.11 9:40

No.1. for me. But this video was what started it all for me.............

[youtube][/youtube]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.12.11 10:40

There are some earlier comments on the same subject.

http//jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2597-when-what-made-you-first-question-this-story

Wonder what happened to people like Rosa, LJ and Mini Sleuth who have since gone missing!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 21.12.11 11:37

Jean wrote:There are some earlier comments on the same subject.

http//jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2597-when-what-made-you-first-question-this-story

Wonder what happened to people like Rosa, LJ and Mini Sleuth who have since gone missing!
I wonder, too, Jean! lJ was quite prolific when I first started posting here. Think I just missed ROSA though... As an aside, I think you were the first member to reply to my first post Wink

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum