The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The slander libel and defamation of PJ and Amaral Mm11

The slander libel and defamation of PJ and Amaral Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The slander libel and defamation of PJ and Amaral Mm11

The slander libel and defamation of PJ and Amaral Regist10

The slander libel and defamation of PJ and Amaral

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The slander libel and defamation of PJ and Amaral Empty The slander libel and defamation of PJ and Amaral

Post by Smokeandmirrors 11.10.11 18:05

Now that a date has been set for McCann v Amaral, perhaps it is time to collate all the incidents where the PJ and Amaral have been on the receiving end of slanderous and defamatory comments by the McCanns and journalists over the years. The comment in the novel about effing to$$ers for example, or accusations that Amaral beat that woman in the Cipriano case. Amaral may have stated his theory based on findings within the police files, but to my knowledge he has never insulted the McCanns and has expressed himself without resorting to peurile language.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Found this blog, quite a good collection of material on there.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

The slander libel and defamation of PJ and Amaral Empty Re: The slander libel and defamation of PJ and Amaral

Post by Guest 12.10.11 10:21

There was that incident, I cannot remember it exactly, where he was caught on camera as saying one thing, and they translated it as an insult to the McCann's and made a big thing about it on national tv. Anyone remember this. I'm sure Goncalo does.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The slander libel and defamation of PJ and Amaral Empty Re: The slander libel and defamation of PJ and Amaral

Post by Jill Havern 12.10.11 10:25

Wasn't it when Goncalo said "Ask the McCanns" and it sounded like "F*ck the McCanns". I think the BBC apologised in the end.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41572

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.10.11 10:29

Here it is...................

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 12.10.11 10:36

It didn't even sound like F£$% the McCanns apart from starting with an F. It just showed lamentable ignorance on behalf of the media. An apology was printed but it was given nowhere near as prominant exposure as the original transmission had been.

Even more worrying for the future, to avoid this happening again, they were going to use voice-overs, so that listeners/viewers who understood the original language would no longer be able to hear it and offer corrections. They used to dub films with interpreted translations in Franco's Spain rather than subtitle and let the audience hear the original. Enough said, I think.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.10.11 11:10

Miraflores wrote:It didn't even sound like F£$% the McCanns apart from starting with an F. It just showed lamentable ignorance on behalf of the media. An apology was printed but it was given nowhere near as prominant exposure as the original transmission had been. Yes, I remember that too. Which is why it needs to be addressed.

Even more worrying for the future, to avoid this happening again, they were going to use voice-overs, so that listeners/viewers who understood the original language would no longer be able to hear it and offer corrections. They used to dub films with interpreted translations in Franco's Spain rather than subtitle and let the audience hear the original. Enough said, I think.
I cannot believe they are going to do that, it's a joke. We live in a multi cultural society and we are entitled to hear these things, straight from the horses mouth. I guess it is one way to stem the wrong information from getting out. winkwink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The slander libel and defamation of PJ and Amaral Empty g amaral

Post by russiandoll 12.10.11 11:13

the book displays an almost pathological hatred of the man, despite other police officers from 2 countries reaching the same conclusions as he did..... I will post some quotes. Truly disturbing and this incident over the foul language....a disgrace.
russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 12.10.11 11:21

russiandoll wrote:the book displays an almost pathological hatred of the man, despite other police officers from 2 countries reaching the same conclusions as he did..... I will post some quotes. Truly disturbing and this incident over the foul language....a disgrace.

Particularly when Kate McCann herself is happy to tell everyone in her book about her use of foul language, and then the video of the McCanns on the bus, where Gerry is happy to use such language in front of the children. They can't have it both ways.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 12.10.11 16:30

I wonder if all the evidence of "them" being defamatory, rude and dismissive to those who were investigating the case were handed to the judge in Amarals case would it have any bearing on the outcome. After all they are taking him to court for apparently libelling them, but they have done the same. Surely a court could not proceed with the case if they have done the same to him? Like suing someone for fraud who you yourself have defrauded. It makes no sense..

Or compile a dossier of their remarks about the investigators and hand it around the big newspapers when they will no doubt be reporting on the case of how a ruthless sardine chomping cop besmirched these fine upstanding people for fulfilling their human right to leave their helpless babes alone to go and nosh on Tapas

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

The slander libel and defamation of PJ and Amaral Empty from the book re goncalo amaral

Post by russiandoll 12.10.11 17:27

" Meanwhile, Goncalo Amaral, removed as co-ordinator of the investigation in October 2007 [ she gives the reasons for this removal in an earlier chapter]....reared his head again. On 30th June he retired from the police force altogether. His reason for doing so was , he said, to regain his 'freedom of speech'. Nine months after his removal from the investigation his association with it appeared to have increased remarkably..... His purpose appeared to be to convince the Portuguese nation that Madeleine was dead.

further on "Amaral and his chums had evidently been poised to take full advantage of the long-awaited lifting of judicial secrecy. Now they really went to town."[ she writes about Amaral's conclusions and how distressing it was to hear them].
She refers to this as a smear campaign and says that his motive in wanting to convince the world a missing child was dead with no evidence to support that claim was to attempt to justify his actions while in charge, and at the same time promoting his forthcoming book to cash in on their misfortune.

Writing about Amaral's appeal against the injunction on his book, she says " he deserves to be miserable and to feel fear."

"For his next trick Amaral produced a 'documentary ' based on his book."
" I have always been considered quite a gentle person but these attacks stirred up terrible emotions in me.....my punch bag certainly came in handy at times."

"What probably galls me the most about Amaral's interviews is the way he presents himself s a person who above all others really wants to find Madeleine and get to the bottom of her fate. I cannot begin to express how much this outrages me. His conduct in relation to the search for our daughter has led us to believe otherwise. There is nobody in the world more desperate than Gerry and me to find our daughter and discover the truth- the whole truth- about what happened to her."
" Goncalo Amaral has been convicted of falsifying statements and has co-ordinated investigations into the disappearance of two little girls, neither of whom has been found. Why is this man being allowed a platform from which to peddle his absurd and offensive ideas? They say what goes around comes around. For Madeleine's sake, I certainly hope so."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.10.11 20:01

I really do admire those of you who have managed to read Kate's book in its entirety. Heaven help anyone who doesn't believe Kate's fairy tales and tries to bring her to account. I don't suppose that she can appreciate the irony of the comment as to why Mr Amaral is being given a platform for his "absurb and offensive ideas". I ask myself the same thing about her every day.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The slander libel and defamation of PJ and Amaral Empty Headlines

Post by tigger 13.10.11 8:47

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:Wasn't it when Goncalo said "Ask the McCanns" and it sounded like "F*ck the McCanns". I think the BBC apologised in the end.

The real problem is that they tabloids carried mega headlines with that 'quote'. f.....g t......s !!!!!!
I think these are still on the McCannfiles.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.10.11 8:59

Then this issue is with with the tabloids, not Goncalo Amaral, surely ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The slander libel and defamation of PJ and Amaral Empty Excellent rant re. press and Amaral.

Post by tigger 13.10.11 10:26

Snipped from the topic 'Only in America' blog.

Cards On The Table

It would appear some of my recent posts are not to everybody's liking, not PC enough, nasty language and all that.

To my detractors I say this:

No matter what I produce, no matter what I say, no matter how I say it; it is nothing but nothing compared to what these two creatures have pulled, it is nothing compared to the people they have used and it is nothing compared to the people they are trying to destroy.

When I think what Goncalo Amaral has gone through, and continues to go through, it is not but scandalous, it is heinous.

He has effectively lost his job, his career is over after I don't know how many years. He finds himself in court on trumped up charges, and astonishingly convicted of them, but that part is a Portuguese matter.

But what is not a Portuguese matter is the way this country has behaved towards the man, a man who's only crime was to be a copper, do his job and try to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann.

And a crime it must be, for I can see no other reason why this Government should collude with the Portuguese in seeking his removal from the investigation.

A crime it must be, for I can see no other reasons that the man and his good name have been sullied and dragged through the mud and portrayed as everything from incompetent to lazy to smelly, sweaty, sardine muncher.

And who is it that presumes to sit in judgement on the man and write such xenophobic vitriolic trash? none other than those champions of morals, seekers of truth, the UK press.

A press more interested in reporting, and falsely, Goncalo Amaral's luncheon habits than it is of finding out just what happened to "Our Maddie."

A press, that had it given over just a fraction of its attention and one tenth of its column inches to inquire into all the glaring contradictions in this case, had it done that, then things might, as we stand today, look a whole lot different.

A press so obviously biased, so derelict in its duties and so utterly vile in its manner of reporting that it is the shame of this Nation.

And it is as a Nation that we should get down on our knees in shame and beg the forgiveness of Goncalo Amaral.

But our treatment of Amaral is but a nothing compared to that of Madeleine McCann by her own parents.

Back to top Go down

The slander libel and defamation of PJ and Amaral Empty g amaral

Post by russiandoll 13.10.11 10:44

Has anyone come up with any sensible reason that a senior detective and a family man would wish not to discover what has befallen a 3 year old child ,[ who came to his country at the wish of parents responsble for her well-being and then vanished into thin air.they took 3 children away and returned with 2...] and instead would fabricate evidence against the parents for a death that did not occur with the result that the authorities would stop searching for a possibly living child?
It is ridiculous and laughable if the scenario was not so dreadful.
The pair have ever reason to want him gone...
what reasons would he have to see them punished for a crime they did not commit?
CONTINUE TO BE A THORN IN THEIR SIDE GM.
russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by agent0060 13.10.11 10:44

If anything will get this forum carterrucked it's stuff like that.
agent0060
agent0060

Activity : 3

Back to top Go down

The slander libel and defamation of PJ and Amaral Empty correction

Post by russiandoll 13.10.11 11:07

I meant to type "be a thorn in their side GA "sorry.

and previous poster...stuff like what? If you are alluding to my previous post all I asked were logical explanations for why the couple think they were being framed by a police force...how is that libellous? There is stuff on here by 1 particularly gruesome poster who suggests a dreadful scenario for disposal of the body..thats possibly troublesome !

admin.....if I have said anything out of turn please delete or amend my previous post..it was written thoughtfully so hope ok.
russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.10.11 11:10

I think the poster was alluding to the last paragraph in the blog, which I have deleted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by agent0060 13.10.11 11:11

Sorry, I didn't mean you, I meant the original post from onlyinamericablogging. He has no qualms at all of outrightly calling the parents murderers.
agent0060
agent0060

Activity : 3

Back to top Go down

The slander libel and defamation of PJ and Amaral Empty Thanks candyfloss,

Post by tigger 13.10.11 11:13

Thanks, I'd already snipped the worst I thought, but I've just snipped the last sentence as well, just to be sure.
What is the situation when one gives a link to another site which may have material which may be considered slanderous? I take it that the other site would have the responsibility?

We want justice for Maddie and for GA, not only for them, but for ourselves, because if we let this miscarriage of justice pass, where will it end? Eventually the law will be what the powers that be say it is, not what is enshrined in the constitutional rights of every citizen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.10.11 11:49

Hi tigger,

Not to sure, but I think if you repeat or post anything from elsewhere, which could be libellous, you and the site are responsible as well as the person that wrote the original article. Tony hopefully will clarify.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The slander libel and defamation of PJ and Amaral Empty Thanks.

Post by tigger 13.10.11 17:43

candyfloss wrote:Hi tigger,

Not to sure, but I think if you repeat or post anything from elsewhere, which could be libellous, you and the site are responsible as well as the person that wrote the original article. Tony hopefully will clarify.

Well, I cut quite a bit out, as the blogger lets rip. But I suppose if you snip bits that are not offensive and post those, it may be all right. Otherwise delete the topic of 'Only in america'?

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum