The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Doctors conferences abroad Mm11

Doctors conferences abroad Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Doctors conferences abroad Mm11

Doctors conferences abroad Regist10

Doctors conferences abroad

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Doctors conferences abroad Empty Re: Doctors conferences abroad

Post by pauline 04.08.11 9:15

jd wrote:A quick google would suggest that they are in fact Practical Nurses from the States

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Simply amazing the amount of people from the medical profession who were in PDL week!

the first time I went on holiday to Portugal (summer 2008) the hotel I was staying in was full of doctors - the reason was a medical conference taking place in the town and most of the doctors were combining business with pleasure and taking a couple of extra days.

Has anyone checked if there was anything of this nature taking place in PDL or nearby at that time?
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.08.11 9:29

pauline wrote:
Has anyone checked if there was anything of this nature taking place in PDL or nearby at that time?

The McCann's and thier friends have never mentioned it and why would two nurses, if indeed it is them, from the US be part of it?

What sort of NHS conference would be held in Portugal? If it was a drugs company, what are they doing with NHS Doctors?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Doctors conferences abroad Empty Doctors conferences abroad

Post by pauline 04.08.11 9:45

Stella wrote:
pauline wrote:

The McCann's and thier friends have never mentioned it and why would two nurses, if indeed it is them, from the US be part of it?

What sort of NHS conference would be held in Portugal? If it was a drugs company, what are they doing with NHS Doctors?

The event I refer to in Portugal was I think about new research in heart conditions. I have no idea who organised it. There were definitely UK doctors at it as I heard them chatting about their day at the pool in late afternoon. I know quite a few doctors here in Ireland and they often get invitations to conferences from drug companies. They organise them in nice places, and its attractive for doctors as they can take their partner usually only for the cost of the flight and have a few days holiday as well. of course you might say that its unethical to take this from a drugs company, but thats a topic for another day. I can imagine drugs companies would ask NHS doctors because they prescribe drugs whether as a GP or as a hospital doctor. I presume drugs companies have data bases of medical professionals all over the world they may approach about conferences and seminars. They would also promote them via hospitals and medical magazines and the internet. Its possible that US based medical professionals wanting a trip to Europe might use a conference to get some sort of tax break.
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.08.11 9:56

pauline wrote:

The event I refer to in Portugal was I think about new research in heart conditions. I have no idea who organised it. There were definitely UK doctors at it as I heard them chatting about their day at the pool in late afternoon. I know quite a few doctors here in Ireland and they often get invitations to conferences from drug companies. They organise them in nice places, and its attractive for doctors as they can take their partner usually only for the cost of the flight and have a few days holiday as well. of course you might say that its unethical to take this from a drugs company, but thats a topic for another day. I can imagine drugs companies would ask NHS doctors because they prescribe drugs whether as a GP or as a hospital doctor. I presume drugs companies have data bases of medical professionals all over the world they may approach about conferences and seminars. They would also promote them via hospitals and medical magazines and the internet. Its possible that US based medical professionals wanting a trip to Europe might use a conference to get some sort of tax break.

This is the next thing that needs to be blown wide open after Hackgate. Freebies in full or in part, HMRC need to know about.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum