The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCann's return to Portugal  Mm11

McCann's return to Portugal  Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCann's return to Portugal  Mm11

McCann's return to Portugal  Regist10

McCann's return to Portugal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCann's return to Portugal  Empty McCann's return to Portugal

Post by ROSA 22.05.11 0:37

McCann's return to Portugal

McCann's return to Portugal  Mccann_619_261354a McCanns... talk to the press

May 22, 2011

THE parents of Madeleine McCann yesterday went back to Portugal to plead for help in finding their missing daughter.

Ahead of the launch of their new book - called Madeleine - Kate and Gerry blitzed the media with a series of interviews.

Mum-of-three Kate, 43, said: "We need to find her and bring her back home to her family."

She admitted she felt guilty if she ever laughed but added: "It's important to be strong and relax from time to time."

Kate blasted Goncalo Amaral, the ex-police chief who wrongly implicated the McCanns in the disappearance. They are suing him for defamation.

She said: "He, more than anyone, has prejudiced the search for Madeleine."
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

McCann's return to Portugal  Empty McCanns fly to Portugal for new appeal for Madeline

Post by ROSA 22.05.11 0:41

McCanns fly to Portugal for new appeal for Madeline

By Gerard Couzens

Last updated at 12:25 AM on 22nd May 2011

McCann's return to Portugal  Article-0-0C09C30500000578-57_233x348

Still missing: Maddie before her disappearance in 2007

Kate and Gerry McCann have flown to Lisbon to appeal for information about their missing daughter ahead of the launch of their heartbreaking new book, Madeleine, in Portugal.
The couple did a series of TV, newspaper and magazine interviews yesterday in the Portuguese capital in their latest bid to move the nation’s hearts and minds.

Many in the country remain unconvinced by the McCanns’ claims that a kidnapper snatched Madeleine from their Algarve holiday apartment four years ago as they ate tapas nearby.
The trip is their first since Scotland Yard announced a review into the flawed Portuguese police probe into the then three-year-old’s disappearance on May 3, 2007.
Kate’s moving 384-page book, already out in the UK, is due to be launched tomorrow in Portugal.
The 43-year-old mother-of-three, whose twins Sean and Amelie are now six, told Portuguese online newspaper Destak: ‘I hope, with all my heart, that everyone remembers we still haven’t found Madeleine. She is still missing. She needs us and we need to find her and bring her back home to her family.
‘It doesn’t matter if we’re British or Portuguese . . . we’re a family of five which has had one of their children taken from them, an innocent child that needs help.McCann's return to Portugal  Article-0-0C0E068C00000578-838_468x733

The couple did a series of interviews in Lisbon to move the nation's hearts and minds

‘That’s surely the most important thing, isn’t it?’
Hitting back at accusations in Portugal that she appeared cold following her daughter’s disappearance, angry Kate added: ‘Who can say what the mum of a missing child should look like? People can judge however they want but unless you’ve been in the situation we’ve been in, it’s impossible to know what someone feels.’
In a separate interview with Portuguese magazine Sabado, Kate said: ‘I’ve managed to appreciate life a lot more now. The feeling of guilt has diminished as well. We will always regret not having been there to help Madeleine but we cannot change things now.
‘I still feel a little guilt when I laugh but not as much as I did.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1389600/McCanns-fly-Portugal-new-appeal-Madeline.html#ixzz1N289WgdM
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

McCann's return to Portugal  Empty Re: McCann's return to Portugal

Post by LittleMissMolly 22.05.11 11:03

If they haven't been "whoosh clunked" by the time you get there it's worth checking out the comments on the DM piece ... not only almost entirely negative comments (36 to date) but really high approval ratings for those comments.

In my opinion the McCanns have shot themselves in the foot with this book ... the subject is back in the public conciousness and is raising debate again ... only this time there is a wealth of factual evidence available from the police files, the dogs videos and Sn Amaral's book - people are reading, waking up and smelling the coffee Mr Mrs

LittleMissMolly

Activity : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.05.11 11:21

I'll listen to anything they have to say AFTER they speak to the PJ. Until then, file me disinterested.

- Lyda, Oregon, 22/5/2011 9:32Click to rate Rating 36

Report abuse

Enough of the McCanns, Daily Mail, enough.

- Caroline, London, 22/5/2011 9:31Click to rate Rating 45

Report abuse

I am sick and tired of the McCann show...

- Helga Leuz, Regensburg Germany, 22/5/2011 9:18Click to rate Rating 45

Report abuse

Every time this sad case hits the headlines, it must rekindle the tears in the eyes of the many parents who have also lost a child. Undoubtedly the McCanns will wear their hearts on their sleeves for the rest of their lives. I see from the article that time has started its process of healing just a little but it will never heal completely, especially for a mother. Mr.and Mrs. McCann ,wherever the blame lies, perhaps it is now the time for you both to stop headlining yourselves. God blesses and comforts all grieving mothers.

- Ron, Sudbury, 22/5/2011 9:08Click to rate Rating 6

Report abuse

As tragic as this case is, I do think the McCanns should stop courting the media at every opportunity and remember that THEY left the children alone on that fateful night so ulitmately they are to blame for the loss of their daughter.

- stikky2, on the edge, apparently, 22/5/2011 9:06Click to rate Rating 137

Report abuse

The McCanns are very lucky not to have been charged with child neglect.

- Harry Cohen, Prestwich, 22/5/2011 9:02Click to rate Rating 166

Report abuse

Why would they keep resurrecting the case if they were guilty, they would just let sleeping does lie as they say! I feel for them so much and cannot begin to imagine what they must be going through. The public have to understand that they are doing what they believe is the best under the horrendous circumstances.

- Julia Wilson, Richmond,N Yorkshire, 22/5/2011 8:42Click to rate Rating 92

Report abuse

There is no independent evidence that Maddie was abducted. None. That is the simple fact.

- J Robinson, West Midlands, 22/5/2011 8:37Click to rate Rating 136

Report abuse

I hope Kate has edited her book before releasing it in Portugal. She has written some realy shocking descriptions of what she imagines a paedophile would be doing to her 3 yr old daughter in that book. The fact that she tells us she wrote it for the twins makes it even more shocking. The book should have an age warning and should not be read by children.

- J Robinson, West Midlands, 22/5/2011 8:35Click to rate Rating 117

Report abuse

Now answer the forty questions any decent perant would have answered if you did nothing wrong, what have you to worry about? I hope the child is found but I doubt it. Too much bleating for money.

- Alan, Leicester, 22/5/2011 8:28Click to rate Rating 126

Report abuse

The last we heard from the McCanns private investigator Dave Edgar was that Maddie was being held in a 'lair' in one of the 'lawless' villages within 10 miles of PDL. Has this been followed up by the McCanns? Have the villages been searched? We have heard nothing from Edgar, or the McCanns, about this since Edgar made that press anouncement.

- J Robinson, West Midlands, 22/5/2011 8:27Click to rate Rating 102

Report abuse

Let's hope that the Portuguese Police do their job properly this time and charge this sick pair with neglect.

- John., Nottm., 22/5/2011 8:24Click to rate Rating 117

Report abuse

Hugh - they've answered all the questions they've been asked! I live in Portugal and I hope and pray that everyone rallies around and comes forward with any clue that might lead to this poor little girls discovery. These parents have suffered enough for gods sake. Good luck to them. Shame on anyone that hasn't learned the lesson and think it's a good idea to leave small children alone, anywhere, ever!!!!!!!

- Just my opinion!, Portugal, 22/5/2011 8:20Click to rate Rating 84

Report abuse

I really don't know how they can show their faces in Portugal after the things they have said about that country, its police force and its people. They said 'no-one' was helping them look for Maddie....yet we all saw media photo's of hundreds of police, troops and the local population scouring the countryside for weeks. The only people who weren't looking were the McCanns and their Tapas pals. On the night Maddie disappeared they didn't go out to search because it was 'dark'!! (Kate said this live on TV to BBC's Jane Hill)

- J Robinson, West Midlands, 22/5/2011 8:16Click to rate Rating 95

Report abuse

No decent member of the public wants concealment of the truth,as to what has really happened to poor Madeleine,so to avoid asking the priest Father Pacheco what he ment when he said he had been decived by them,is harming getting to the truth,and is perverting the course of justice,It is certainly Not helping,but is hiding, getting to what, has really happened to Madeleine Mccann,by saying he will Take kate's confession to his grave,

- tiny susie, uk, 22/5/2011 8:13Click to rate Rating 86

Report abuse

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1389600/McCanns-fly-Portugal-new-appeal-Madeline.html#ixzz1N4jKWJkM
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMissMolly 22.05.11 11:37

Thanks Candyfloss thumbsup

It never occurred to me to copy and paste the comments

LittleMissMolly

Activity : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.05.11 12:04

[youtube][/youtube]