The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The smell in the Boot Mm11

The smell in the Boot Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The smell in the Boot Mm11

The smell in the Boot Regist10

The smell in the Boot

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The smell in the Boot Empty Re: The smell in the Boot

Post by ufercoffy 29.03.11 22:01

"Tony Bennett"But as we saw above, the idea that the McCanns were able to find time for gardening seems unlikely, as of course was the necessity for Dr Kate McCann to wash the holiday curtains. What other holidaymakers need to wash their holiday curtains?

So it's true then? She really did wash the curtains? Houseproud or what? As you say, who on earth goes on holiday and feels compelled to wash the curtains?

Pity she didn't lift the floor tiles and clean under there smug

Please can you post the whole article in the reference section TB?

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy 15.05.11 18:31

mmmm...... very suss indeed! Okay, for me, personally I see this........... if it was the smell of rotting meat or nappies that had 'been' (past tense), the smell would diminish as soon as the item was removed. The only reason it would linger would be if either the meat or the dirty nappy had seeped into the car seat/boot, etc. and had not been washed. If there was a bad smell from either of these items, any sane person would just take a big cloth and a bucket of water and bleach, douse the offending area of the car in the cleaning fluid and the smell would be gone. I know that nappies can smell but the minute they are gone/cleaned, the smell vanishes! Same with a bin which has meat in it a few days, may stink to high heaven and seep onto the floor but soon as you remove/clean it, the smell goes! So, if they did indeed do this, surely they wouldn't have had to leave the car boot open continuously to air it for days on end ? Especially in that heat, after being cleaned would have dried pretty quickly, the smell 'surely' would have left? Or....am I being totally illogical here???????? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Upsy Daisy
Upsy Daisy

Activity : 469

Back to top Go down

The smell in the Boot Empty The smell in the Boot

Post by littlepixie 15.05.11 21:21

When a body decays with the stomach/intestine contents intact, it smells far worse than a piece of steak which is just a piece of muscle that has had all offending "bits" removed.
The smell of decaying rodents caused one tenant I know of to ring the enviromental health for advice as she kept vomiting and she asked the landlord to be re-housed as she couldn't stand it.

I agree that whatever was carried in the boot of the Renault seeped into and under the carpets or coverings in the boot. Eddie said it did, Keela the blood dog found it, lets hope if/when the samples are re-tested we will get the proof of what it was.

Eta. There are some bits of a car boot that have carpet actually stuck onto the metal so to speak, so that would be very hard to clean in-situ.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

The smell in the Boot Empty the smell in the boot of the McCann's hire car

Post by Guest 16.05.11 10:22

Pauline said:

"It just occurred to me that do we know for certain that the McCann twins were still in nappies?

The nappies are one of the explanations put forward for the smell in the boot, which required the boot to be left open overnight.

they were two years and three months old when their sister vanished. Now the age at which children are potty/toilet trained varies. Some parents push potty training to speed up the end of nappies which are expensive, particularly when you have twins. Other parents are more laidback about it letting the child decide when to give up nappies.

Now the McCanns seem very money minded. They would not pay the Mark warner evening babysitting service charges -though Kate has said their non use of the service was 'not about money'. So could she have encouraged the twins potty training and they were not in nappies at that time"?

ETA
More information in Research and Analysis thread can be found here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.05.11 10:29

Pauline, that is a very important point. I seem to remember reading in one of Gerry's statements about him taking Sean off to the toilets. Now whether that was to change his nappy, or take him to the toilet, it needs looking into. As it might help to find out if they were still in nappies in June 2007.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 16.05.11 10:33

My daughter potty trained her daughter around that age and it only took a week, but she was still in nappies at night.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41596

Back to top Go down

Post by boop 16.05.11 12:06

I still cannot understand why on earth you would be transporting dirty nappies anyway, bizarre!
Anonymous
boop

Back to top Go down

Post by NewGuest 16.05.11 12:10

Only if you were taken them to the nearest rubbish dump? And the nearest rubbish skip wasn't within walking distance?
Anonymous
NewGuest

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy 16.05.11 12:22

I thought they had cleaners? Don't they empty bins? Why the need to take anything to the dump? They were only there a week before the tragedy happened so why the need to also take rotting meat to the dump when they ate at the tapas bar every night?
Wendy
Wendy

Activity : 65

Back to top Go down

The smell in the Boot Empty The smell in the boot

Post by Guest 16.05.11 12:28

I imagine that the holiday resort would supply disposal facilities for nappies which makes journeys elsewhere for this purpose seem unlikely. However I do think it is possible that, when travelling from place to place, there would be times en route when nappies would be put in car boots for later disposal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.05.11 12:33

ufercoffy wrote:
"Tony Bennett"But as we saw above, the idea that the McCanns were able to find time for gardening seems unlikely, as of course was the necessity for Dr Kate McCann to wash the holiday curtains. What other holidaymakers need to wash their holiday curtains?

So it's true then? She really did wash the curtains? Houseproud or what? As you say, who on earth goes on holiday and feels compelled to wash the curtains?

Pity she didn't lift the floor tiles and clean under there smug

Please can you post the whole article in the reference section TB?

More information in Research and Analysis thread can be found here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy 16.05.11 12:33

Marian wrote:I imagine that the holiday resort would supply disposal facilities for nappies which makes journeys elsewhere for this purpose seem unlikely. However I do think it is possible that, when travelling from place to place, there would be times en route when nappies would be put in car boots for later disposal.

Yes, that's true.
Wendy
Wendy

Activity : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy 16.05.11 14:46

Hello all...... this incident did not happen at the Ocean Club, it happened in the villa they rented after they left the O.C., they rented the Renault Scenic around 3-4 weeks after Madeleine disappeared. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Upsy Daisy
Upsy Daisy

Activity : 469

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum