The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire - Page 2 Mm11

Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire - Page 2 Regist10

Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire - Page 2 Empty Re: Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire

Post by ultimaThule on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:38 am

The wee one sacrificed fame and glory as a footballer in order to go to med school? Are you saying he could have been Scotland's very own Luis Suarez, tigger?  sarcastic 
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Activity : 3375
Likes received : 6
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire - Page 2 Empty Re: Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire

Post by plebgate on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:48 am

@ultimaThule wrote:The wee one sacrificed fame and glory as a footballer in order to go to med school? Are you saying he could have been Scotland's very own Luis Suarez, tigger?   sarcastic 
If he had become a prof. footballer instead of a Dr. he might not have needed to set up the Fund and ask pensioners and children to donate money.    As it happens he became a Dr. and resorted to using some of the Fund money for mortgage repayments.

As a prof. footballer he would most certainly have been able to afford a child minder on the 5 nights he left his children alone in a foreign land whilst out wining and wining.
avatar
plebgate

Posts : 6728
Activity : 8937
Likes received : 2123
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire - Page 2 Empty Re: Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:02 am

If I recall correctly from Kate's book, money (or lack of it) was not the excuse given for not availing herself of the evening childcare service.

So even if our Gezza was the new Gazza and earning shedloads of money, it would have made no difference!
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire - Page 2 Empty Re: Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire

Post by tigger on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:55 am

From topic 'Hall of Shame' page 74: re cadaver scent and GPs.

UltimaThule wrote:

Attending autopsies, or necropsies as you prefer to call them, is not part of the curriculum in UK medical schools, lj, and many thousands of practising doctors have never set foot in a mortuary or viewed, let alone performed, an autopsy,. In those med schools where anatomy continues to be learned using traditional methods as opposed to videos and computers, dissections are carried out on previously prepared cadavers in the anatomy lab where, as I have said, the overwhelming odour is that of formaldehyde.

Although this links to the site of a USA med school, the process of preparing and supplying cadavers for dissection is no different to that which is practised in the UK: http://www.indiana.edu/~rcapub/v18n1/p17.html

Cristobell does not appear to be aware that in cases where a body has lain undiscovered for days/weeks or more, the police call on specially trained police surgeons (also known as forensic physicians) who work on a rota system providing a 24 hr service every day of the year. These doctors may also be practising GPs but are highly unlikely to be the GPs of the 'patients' they are called on to attend.

Cristobell has also overlooked the fact that as the odour of a decomposing corpse is rarely detectable to the human nose until 24 hours or more after death, it's perfectly possible for hospital and other doctors to go from med school through to retirement without having been exposed to that distinct odour which, once it has assailed the nostrils, can never be forgotten.
Unquote

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
tigger
tigger

Posts : 8116
Activity : 8532
Likes received : 82
Join date : 2011-07-20

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire - Page 2 Empty Re: Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire

Post by lj on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:46 am

Hi Tigger,

Maybe we should post my answer to this post from UT too:

How sad for those UK medical students and doctors, they miss an essential part of the medical education and feedback on their treatments. So you really mean they don't attent a necrosy when a patient of them dies, even if their role was just being a lowly junior or medical student? Somehow I doubt that. In countries I have lived a necropsy would not continue if the treating doctor is not present. 

BTW at least in medical journals autopsy, necropsy, obduction is all used, depending of the area you live, and any medical student will know what you mean.

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Posts : 3329
Activity : 3590
Likes received : 208
Join date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire - Page 2 Empty Re: Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire

Post by ultimaThule on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:09 pm

@tigger wrote:From topic 'Hall of Shame' page 74: re cadaver scent and GPs.

UltimaThule wrote:

Attending autopsies, or necropsies as you prefer to call them, is not part of the curriculum in UK medical schools, lj, and many thousands of practising doctors have never set foot in a mortuary or viewed, let alone performed, an autopsy,.  In those med schools where anatomy continues to be learned using traditional methods as opposed to videos and computers, dissections are carried out on previously prepared cadavers in the anatomy lab where, as I have said, the overwhelming odour is that of formaldehyde.  

Although this links to the site of a USA med school, the process of preparing and supplying cadavers for dissection is no different to that which is practised in the UK: http://www.indiana.edu/~rcapub/v18n1/p17.html

Cristobell does not appear to be aware that in cases where a body has lain undiscovered for days/weeks or more, the police call on specially trained police surgeons (also known as forensic physicians) who work on a rota system providing a 24 hr service every day of the year.   These doctors may also be practising GPs but are highly unlikely to be the GPs of the 'patients' they are called on to attend.  

Cristobell has also overlooked the fact that as the odour of a decomposing corpse is rarely detectable to the human nose until 24 hours or more after death, it's perfectly possible for hospital and other doctors to go from med school through to retirement without having been exposed to that distinct odour which, once it has assailed the nostrils, can never be forgotten.
Unquote
@lj wrote: Yesterday at 7:46 am
Hi Tigger,

Maybe we should post my answer to this post from UT too:

How sad for those UK medical students and doctors, they miss an essential part of the medical education and feedback on their treatments. So you really mean they don't attent a necrosy when a patient of them dies, even if their role was just being a lowly junior or medical student? Somehow I doubt that. In countries I have lived a necropsy would not continue if the treating doctor is not present.

BTW at least in medical journals autopsy, necropsy, obduction is all used, depending of the area you live, and any medical student will know what you mean.

In the interest of clarity I have merged the two posts above,.

I can assure you that, regardless of whether they are the lowliest house officers, exalted consultants, or general practitioners, it is not the custom for doctors in the UK to attend post-mortem examinations of their late patients, nor are they required to do so, lj, and should you continue to doubt my word, I suggest you use the internet to verify this for yourself.

I lament the fact that many med schools have abandoned traditional anatomical studies as I am firmly of the opinion that the most effective way of learning anatomy is by dissecting cadavers and, in addition, I find it disconcerting that a would-be surgeon may make his/her first cut on a living body albeit it one which may be unconscious.,

Fwiw, 'autopsy' and 'post-mortem' are the terms most commonly used in the UK and, as such, are generally understood by non-medics.  In drawing attention to your use of 'necropsy', I merely sought to spare some readers of this forum the need to look the word up in a dictionary.  

I would like to thank tigger for moving my post to this thread as it may serve as an example of what certain doctors will not have learned when they were at med school and may help  to disabuse the myth that the profession in general is composed of those who know everything there is to know about the human body ante, pre, and post mortem.  As some have so aptly demonstrated, it doesn't require a great deal of intelligence to graduate from med school.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Activity : 3375
Likes received : 6
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire - Page 2 Empty Re: Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire

Post by Estelle on Thu May 12, 2016 11:54 am

Bumping this thread as it needs updating and might be interesting for newbies to read.
Estelle
Estelle

Posts : 388
Activity : 471
Likes received : 83
Join date : 2009-12-22

Back to top Go down

Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire - Page 2 Empty Re: Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire

Post by Tony Bennett on Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:21 am

BBC News today:


Surgeon suspended over treatment concerns

Dr Gerry McCann working at The Spire Private Hospital , Leicestershire - Page 2 _110929828_hi059430180Image copyrightPA MEDIA


A doctor who worked at the same private healthcare firm as rogue breast surgeon Ian Paterson has been suspended, it has emerged.


Spire Healthcare said Mike Walsh - a specialist in trauma and orthopaedic surgery - was suspended in April 2018 over concerns about patient treatment.


Almost 50 of his patients from its Leeds hospital had been recalled.


The details emerged following an independent inquiry into Paterson, who is serving a 20-year jail sentence.


Paterson was found guilty in 2017 of intentionally wounding his patients.


Earlier this month, an inquiry into the breast surgeon found that a culture of "avoidance and denial" had allowed him to perform botched and unnecessary operations on hundreds of women.





Spire said in a statement that it acted after concerns were raised about Mr Walsh's work at its hospital in Leeds in 2018.


The company, which contacted the Royal College of Surgeons to assist with its investigation, said it had reviewed the notes of fewer than 200 patients, of which "fewer than 50" had been invited back for a follow-up appointment.


"Where we have identified concerns about the care a patient received, we have invited the patient to an appointment with an independent surgeon to review their treatment," a spokesman for Spire Healthcare said.


"This is a complex case and the review is ongoing."


It said that Mr Walsh, who was immediately suspended after the concerns were raised, was no longer working with Spire Healthcare.


The company said any patients at its Spire Leeds Hospital who had concerns about their treatment under Mr Walsh should contact the hospital.


It said its findings had also been shared with the Care Quality Commission and the General Medical Council (GMC).


The GMC said that while Mr Walsh was still on the medical register, he does not currently have a licence to practise, having held full registration until January 2019.


Last month, Spire also said it was reviewing the care of more than 200 patients after stopping another of its surgeons - Habib Rahman - from practising.


He worked at Spire's Parkway hospital in the West Midlands - where Paterson had also worked.


Spire has 39 hospitals across the UK and one specialist cancer centre.

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 16092
Activity : 23722
Likes received : 3577
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 73
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum