The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Jane Tanner Revisited - Page 3 Mm11

Jane Tanner Revisited - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Jane Tanner Revisited - Page 3 Mm11

Jane Tanner Revisited - Page 3 Regist10

Jane Tanner Revisited

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jane Tanner Revisited - Page 3 Empty Re: Jane Tanner Revisited

Post by Verdi 08.06.22 13:22

Jane Tanner's vacillating tales of the unexpected have been discussed extensively across the forum over the years, understandably as her 'sighting' was pivotal in misleading the Portuguese police investigation from the start and covertly influencing public opinion through the media and press.

However, this thread is intended to unravel the movements of Gerry and Kate McCann and their group of friends from arrival at the Ocean Club on Saturday 28th April to the time of Madeleine's alleged disappearance on Thursday 3rd May 2007.  Equally important in terms of completing the complex jigsaw puzzle.

I don't want this turning into yet another Jane Tanner and the 'Tannerman' thread.  

I am merging this conversation with an existing thread dedicated to Jane Tanner.  Should members wish to continue the discussion would you please do so here..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you howdy !

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 12.06.22 14:17

CaKeLoveR wrote:big grin how can one separate a tourist from a local person? People wear all manner of clothes these days, and being naturally dark, or looking tanned, or being pale, mean zilch.

Oh I can easily differentiate between locals and tourists believe me, even nationals who have migrated and returned for a holiday - but that's from the perspective of a resident, not a fellow tourist as Jane Tanner was when flap flipping about the streets of Praia da Luz. Aside from apparel, one thing that stands out above all else .... behaviour. Folk seem to take on a whole new personality when away from their homeland.

Slightly off topic but who cares !?! Out and about yesterday I pulled up at the back on a longish queue where situated was a young woman (tourist) with baby in push chair. I asked if she was in the queue because she didn't appear to have anything to buy - she said yes! It wasn't long before I realised she was gesticulating to a young bloke (tourist) in the next queue along, who also had a push chair occupied by young child.

Now I'm smelling a rat! Lo and behold said two persons were then seen communicating by sign language to a third individual (tourist) waiting in the third queue, another bloke this time built like Wembley Stadium, the sort you don't want to fight with. He didn't have any cargo, only a few touristy purchases (crisps, pop and such like).

Now realising what was going on I told the woman to bugger off - which she did brazenly I might add.

Tourists are like a swarm of locusts - they land, devour everything in sight and then disappear into the sky.

Pig ignorant!

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 12.06.22 14:46

They do the same trick in airport queues.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 5568

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 12.06.22 14:48

Even Jane Tanner's witness statement taken on 4th May 2007, only hours after the event, is a jumble of contradction.

She firstly says the group 'normally' (!?!) checked on their respective children every 15 minutes - unrealistic when you think about it, then seconds later she talks of friends checking on each others children.

She, Jane Tanner, visited her children shortly after 21:00H and all was well, in Tanner terms, 15-20 minutes later Russell O'Brien checked their children and all was not well - at least their daughter was restless - so he stayed in the apartment.

Witness Statement

Jane Michelle Tanner

Date 2007-05-04

Meanwhile Matthew went to check his child and those of Kate and Gerry. According to what he said, he saw the twins but he did not see Madeleine. As there was no noise he supposed that all was well and returned to the restaurant. Matthew informed the witness that Russell had stayed in the apartment.

After having quickly eaten her main course, the witness went to her apartment in order to take over from Russell, so that he could have his dinner.

When she was in the apartment, at about 22.00- 22.15 she heard Kate and Fiona shouting and saying that Madeleine had disappeared.

When asked, she says that she thinks it was Kate who discovered the girl to be missing, the witness is not sure due not being in the restaurant at that time.

Extraordinary amount of movement on that night, the night Madeleine McCann disappeared off the face of the earth - allegedly.

If the group can't get their stories straight after a few hours, what hope is there one year later when the rogatory interviews took place - and so much added in the process.

There is an old saying ....'least said soonest mended'. I think the group should have payed heed to such simple advice - too much information can be so incriminating.

bignono

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 12.06.22 15:12

It has been said many times over the years - why/how could the group of 'friends' be so willing to implicate themselves in the disappearance of a three year old child.  

How/why indeed!

Fact remains they did, no matter how you try to exonerate.  Jane Tanner and her partner Russell O'Brien, Matt Oldfield and his partner Rachel nee Mampilly, David Payne and partner Fiona - they have all played a pivotal role in the intrique.

Aside from the infamous very revealing rogatory interview with David Payne, his name (and that of his wife), take a very low profile when recounting the weeks events.  

Makes you wonder ....

thinking

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR 12.06.22 15:26

I saw Tanner on a television interview, about Madeleine, many years ago. She smirked the entire time. The subject is so serious, but she smirked. Ghastly.
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Activity : 4425

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 12.06.22 15:36

CaKeLoveR wrote:I saw Tanner on a television interview, about Madeleine, many years ago. She smirked the entire time. The subject is so serious, but she smirked. Ghastly.

I don't know what interview you refer to Cakey but here's a quicky..

Then there is the infamous 'reenactment' scripted, produced, directed and starring Professor (the confessor) Gerald McCann..

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR 12.06.22 16:04

Thanks - it was the top one. The reenactment film is new to me. This is worse - she actually laughed.
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 16.06.22 17:19

crusader wrote:Ah yes, the woman in purple, seen by Jenny Murat and Jez Wilkins, what's the connection there.

Jane Tanner - that is the connection.

25 to 29 Witness statement of Jeremy Wilkins 2008.04.08
05-CARTAS ROGATORIA 5 Pages 25 to 29

LEICESTERSHIRE POLICE SQUAD
WITNESS TESTIMONY OF JEREMY WILKINS

Q. Relative to the exact location you met Gerry'
I left my apartment pushing my son's pram so that he could sleep. I did not have a particular direction to follow nor did I have a specific time to do this. I left the apartment and turned right. I walked via the lower street, looked to the building block where the McCann apartment was situated and saw a woman dressed in purple clothing. I referred to this woman in relation to the questions asked by Jane Tanner.

Q. Relative to whether I know Jane Tanner;

Now I know her name, description of the clothes and photos which I have seen in the press. At that time I knew of her as a member of the group but did not know her name. I do not remember having seen her when I spoke with Gerry, but I believe I saw her when I first ventured out. She was stopped on the street in front of one of the group's apartments when I passed her down towards the exit to my apartment. I do not know if it was her apartment or not. I remember that she was wearing the colour purple.
Witness Statement

Date 2007/05/15 Time: 17H50m Place: Praia da Luz
Officer: Santos Martins, Inspector.
Name: JENNIFER ANNE MURAT

--- Still relating to the facts which occurred on the evening of 03 May 2007, the deponent states that on that night she was at home with her son Robert. They followed their normal routine: About 19h50 she went to the "Batista" supermarket to buy bread. Then she went back to the house where she arrived more or less at the same time as Robert. Later they sat in the kitchen where they were talking for some time, having also eaten. She recalls that they were talking until close to midnight about Robert'™s project, related to the property and called 'Romigen.Com". Finally they went to their bedrooms to pass the night.

The story about Jenny Murat was created by the British tabloid press, in this particular instance Tracey Kandohola, a staunch supporter of the McCann faction since 3rd May 2007. As can be seen from her witness statement, Jenny Murat made no such claim..

'Woman in purple' is prime suspect in Madeleine McCann disappearance after witness saw her outside apartment

The witness says she saw the woman looking up at the apartments, “watching intently” and a police insider said they were ready to “move in” and arrest the mystery women
Interview with Maddie's Parents 10 years after her disappearance

ByTracey Kandohla

08:58, 2 May 2017Updated11:10, 2 May 2017

A mystery “woman in purple” is the prime suspect British police are thought to be searching for over Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.

Jenny Murat, 79, has told how she saw the woman outside the apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, which Maddie vanished from in 2007.

Jenny, whose son Robert was the first “arguido” – official suspect – but was formally cleared of suspicion in 2008, said: “I saw the woman standing on the corner of the street.”

The woman was looking up at the apartments, “watching intently” .

Jenny said: “She caught my eye as she was dressed in purple-plum clothes.

“It struck me as strange. It’s so usual for anyone, particularly a woman, to be standing alone on the street in our resort, just watching a building.”

The next morning she heard that Maddie had gone missing and told police about the woman.

A police insider said they were ready to “move in” and arrest the mystery women, who is not currently living in Portugal, in the latest “hugely significant line of inquiry”.

It is understood from sources close to the investigation that the woman had a connection to a worker at the Ocean Club resort – now renamed the Garden Club – where the McCanns were staying.

The source said: “Detectives have scoured Europe looking for this woman who is thought to hold the key to solving the entire case. They want to know exactly where she was on the night Madeleine was taken from the apartment. After months of tireless police work they will soon be in a position to move in and finally get some answers after a decade of dead ends.”

Pensioner Jenny, 79, told how the Maddie case had worn her and fellow locals down.

She said: “It’s been non-stop for 10 years and some locals have become very fed up with it. It’s not helped our lovely resort in respect of tourism but slowly people are coming back to visit in bigger numbers than ever.”

Jenny vividly remembers the night three-year-old Maddie vanished while her parents were dining at a nearby tapas restaurant with pals.

She said: “Robert was at home and I’d driven to the local Baptista store to get some shopping and the local paper, the Portugal Resident, which comes out on a Thursday. When I was heading back past the Ocean Club at about 8pm I saw a woman standing on the street corner near a lamp post staring at the flat.

“It was unusual to see a woman standing alone. I didn’t recognise her and don’t have a clue who she is but it seems a bit suspicious. If she is important to the policy inquiry I hope they find her wherever she may be.

“Officers here never questioned me about her, I suppose they had other leads initially to follow up.”
Jenny said her heart went out to Maddie’s parents, saying: “It’s never ending for them and they must need some answers. All people want is for there to be a happy ending for that family. I hope after all this time there can be a resolution.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ex moderator
ex moderator

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 18.06.22 16:44

CaKeLoveR wrote: The reenactment film is new to me. This is worse - she actually laughed.

Let's not hold back .... the full Monty!

Madeleine McCann - Cutting Edge Show 070509 - Tapas 9 Reconstruction

May 6, 2012

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR 18.06.22 19:04

Thanks, I hadn't seen it before. What a load of rubbish.
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top